Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Communications Changes -- Discussion -- [Events Calendar]

Comments

• yes the calendar was my only reason to visit forum so now I have been set free from it.

playing this game is like cleaning the stalls in the barn 

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    iron maiden (INT1) 
    BF back then is not comparable with BF of today. Things were easy going and no sweat, very enjoyable! I do remember. You should find that out as you play now. Planning is a must for co-ops while single players can ofc still take an easier approach. Except maybe for the FHWE.

But need for planning and strategy grew skyhigh for the co-ops. Which made this game more exciting and fun. ehh as long as we had the evnts calender. Now we are thrown into the dark and that gives us a whole new game and we can´t really say anything other then that the fun has been taken out of it. Chat has gone silent, nothing to plan and discuss. Our sighing is done. Some have left the game saying "if the calender returns, let me know". Others have simply quit the game. And others again have stopped buying gold and are settling in accepting that easy going gameplay here while more active gameplay at other online games is how to do it. BF has lost our attention and interest. All due to the event calender being scrapped.

It issss missed.

Sure it ia missed,but don,t take it to serious. Does your cow die? Does your pigs run away or does your chickens explode?? 
    I stopped after things went to serious,but still loved the game. Now i started allover again but on a different way. Namely the way I like to farm. And not how the endlesly repetaded returning C-C,s,FHWE,HWE,V-F etc etc like to push the players to play.
    I don,t care anymore or i am 1th or 1152th in the ranking. Do you plan in real life also that far upfront?? 

Another mentionmed that the events starts at unforgiven hours for them, i understand that. But when you play on the int server you will always have players running behind when a event starts due to the timezones aswell in the USA.
    But i guess or suppose that the usa server starts their events at a more or less normal usa time. Not at 3 in the morning on the eastcoast

And i surely don,t mean to exclude from coop less players missing out their right to play the event too. Don,t get me wrong. 

But don,t take it to far. I prefer the fix first all the bugs and than return the calender.  I was only giving my opinion how i look and more players to this situation. Nothing more nothing less.
    Sorry for those i may hurt with what i posted

Please recognize that most here are veterans to the game (not newbies as you chose to address us) and do know the different game style choices that they have. We find eager co-ops and more laid back co-ops. As we find eager single players and more laid back single players. We find gamers confined to this Forum, but can´t share their thoughts because they do not read or write English and shy away = never log in.

Ranking? It is not always or actually the ranking that counts, but the chase. The compitition. And at the eager co-ops the action at their ingame chat. Planing, deciding, laughing, sharing aso. Ofc some of the prizes (not all) are wished for and aimed for, but one of the best prizes is the action at the ingame chat. The event calender made that happen. Understand why it is missed by them? Able to respect that fact? Eventhough you are indifferent to it yourself?

You asked, "Do you plan in real life also that far upfront?? " Ofcourse we do, most anyway. Without a calender most would be lost and ofc we who have jobs, family, responsibilities aso aso can´t do without a calender and planing for actually more then a month ahead. (Sidestepping: My business would not go well if I did not plan minimum a year ahead (shortterm). With a vital tool - the calender)

Take to mind that we ofc are also pushing for bug fixes (been doing that for years) and better communication between GGS and the mods (should be a lot better) and us either through the mods and/or directly, but in this thread it is the event calender that is the topic.

There is a need for it. Signed by the many who have posted here. And they are the tip of the iceberg.

Cheers :) 
  • Yes, we all plan our lives to a certain extent - whether we admit it or not.  I know what time I have to be at work. what time I have to leave home to get there on time, and therefore what time to set the alarm clock - even that is a plan.  I get food out of the freezer to defrost time time to cook it - another plan.  I iron our work clothes on a Sunday - another plan.  If we book a table at a restaurant its another plan.  Of course there has to be room for spontaneity and surprise but for most things there is a schedule, calendar or plan.

GGS know months in advance what should happen when, and for reasons we all think we know they have chosen not to share that information.

Whether they realise that it is going to affect profits and bring back at least some kind of schedule we call all see is another matter - I hope they do as without the calendar and the ability to plan it removes a lot enthusiasm for events.
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    @iron maiden (INT1) Yes my real life is planned down to the minute, ask anyone I have my real life planned down to the minute usually weeks or months in advance, I do allow changes to my plans, with notice, but do not try to make me change a my real life plans at last minute (except if something drastic happens that can't be helped), there is a fight for sure and will not happen.  I am NEVER late for anything and anyone that tries to interfere with that will find themselves in big trouble.  I plan my farm, what I am going to build  (I have a 1 year plan for this at least, it change but the plan is already there for the next year), I plan what events I play ( I like to be able to do this for the entire month, 1 week before month begins).  I plan EVERYTHING in life, some time it changes last minute which can't be helped, but the plan is there.  I don't like random, there is no skill or strategy involved with random.

This is called OCD and many people have it. Planning to me is critical.  It takes GGS very little time what is going to happen in the next month and actually if you ask them they also probably have plans what is happening for the next year already and like any Business a 5 and 10 year plan, like myself, the plan is there subject to change, so no time lost from other things like bug fixes, takes very little time to inform mods of upcoming events and dates for 1 months of events.

This removal it effect players who want to be able to compete and do well without using too much gold.  Players that want to use their brains not their pockets.  After all it is suppose to be a strategy game, good strategy takes good planning 
    Sorry brian that you have that illness. But in general in a game things always changes. And like in real life everything is influenced by changes or am i wrong. I can plan that tomorrow in 1 year it will be 36 degrees outside and on that day in 1 year it rains,my world not collaps or my planning is upside down. I don,t get up in the night to harvest my apples because the silo is running for the 26th HWE this year. But there are players who will set the alarmclock for it. When i start dooing that my life will be overtaken by the game. And the game will not anymore be a game for me but a obsession

And don,t worry,the owners of this game won,t buy a ferrari from my gold pùrchases. I know very well to use my brain and keep it cheap. So i am not a goldthrower who buys his way to the top. But those who do that i have understanding for that. The so called bragging rights. But for me a level 25 player has and gets the same respect as a level 500 player

But as another wrote we are here to agree or disagreee about the calender.
     i don,t mind it is gone. That is my cup of thea. 
  • bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    edited 07.07.2019
    The Mods meeting with GGS

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    The Mods meeting with GGS

Doubt if they ever get a meeting. Hunter, though, had a mighty chisel! LOL!
  • This is bull crap.  Seriously we need more pop up.  And no calendar.  WTHeck.  What are you all thinking
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 08.07.2019
    I just Checked out German forum about this topic and exactly the same comments.  Only difference is they are in German, but same response   Lot of players upset about this not just this forum.

Just finished checking out 4 different languages, all the same response, BRING BACK CALENDAR!!!
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    Thank you uksharon (GB1) :) 

Somehow google translate has stopped working for me. Not being a puter wizard I have no idea how to correct it. Did try to find other translation programs Swedish to English, but the ones I found would only translate single words *grrr* 

Am grateful for your help!

@ WiseWing, unfortunately the threads you mention are not easily found. I have only seen one of them and turned away because only Finns wrote there and heh that language could as well been Greek for = impossible for Swedes, Danes, Norwegians to understand. But that is actually the lesser problem for them. Not finding reading+writing English easy (time consumming translating all) is such a put off that gamers stop logging in at the Forum. They feel alienated. Valuable information, thoughts, inputs, communication gets lost.

Facts of life.

Try this it helps me in an every day setting - to communicate with my friends around the world just click past the the install screen if you do not want to install it will translate many lines of text.

Prøv dette, det hjelper meg i en daglig setting - å kommunisere med vennene mine over hele verden, klikk bare forbi installasjonsskjermbildet hvis du ikke vil installere det, vil det oversette mange tekstlinjer. nor

Prova att det hjälper mig i en daglig inställning - att kommunicera med mina vänner runt om i världen klickar bara förbi installationsskärmen om du inte vill installera den kommer att översätta många textrader. sweed

これを試してみてくださいそれは毎日の設定で私を助けます - あなたがそれをインストールしたくないならばそれをインストールスクリーンを過ぎてクリックするだけでテキストの何行も翻訳する世界中の私の友人と通信するために。

• Grammy26 (US1)Grammy26 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    every single time i think that things couldn't possibly get worse, ggs screws up AGAIN and further ruins what used to be a fun, exciting game! i have been gradually backing off from the game, if only to preserve my sanity, and i quit buying gold, but now, i dunno, i may have to reconsider if it's even worth playing anymore..i'm leaning towards NO!! this is the absolutely worse organized, no most unorganized, game i have ever played! way to go ggs, you totally spoiled the game for alot of us who depended on the calendar to at least give us an idea of wtheck was going on!! unbelievable!!
  • @ WiseWing, unfortunately the threads you mention are not easily found. I have only seen one of them and turned away because only Finns wrote there and heh that language could as well been Greek for = impossible for Swedes, Danes, Norwegians to understand. But that is actually the lesser problem for them. Not finding reading+writing English easy (time consumming translating all) is such a put off that gamers stop logging in at the Forum. They feel alienated. Valuable information, thoughts, inputs, communication gets lost.

Facts of life.

@Summer (SKN1) The 2 threads referred to are "stickies" at the top of the main section for Discussions & Questions  There is one for the Dutch server & one for the Nordic server & are for players on those servers to help others, who do not speak English.

Do not be put off from the Nordic one, it goes through phases of which language uses it the most & which ones have players actively answering questions or posting translations, it is there for all SKN1 players to use, though it does rely on players checking it to see if there is something in their language that they can help with. It has been fairly quiet lately, since the last couple of regular posters left, but if you wish to get the Norwegian players using it more, you are very welcome - posting translations of official announcements & letting players know they are there, usually gets the activity going again.

We (the mods) check activity on both those threads when we are gathering feedback on a hot topic, so their posts do get included. :)
  • emmit69 (GB1)emmit69 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 15
    Please bring back the calendar,pretty please.

edited 08.07.2019
    BJs (US1) said:
    Thank you uksharon (GB1) :) 

Somehow google translate has stopped working for me. Not being a puter wizard I have no idea how to correct it. Did try to find other translation programs Swedish to English, but the ones I found would only translate single words *grrr* 

Am grateful for your help!

@ WiseWing, unfortunately the threads you mention are not easily found. I have only seen one of them and turned away because only Finns wrote there and heh that language could as well been Greek for = impossible for Swedes, Danes, Norwegians to understand. But that is actually the lesser problem for them. Not finding reading+writing English easy (time consumming translating all) is such a put off that gamers stop logging in at the Forum. They feel alienated. Valuable information, thoughts, inputs, communication gets lost.

Facts of life.

Try this it helps me in an every day setting - to communicate with my friends around the world just click past the the install screen if you do not want to install it will translate many lines of text.

Prøv dette, det hjelper meg i en daglig setting - å kommunisere med vennene mine over hele verden, klikk bare forbi installasjonsskjermbildet hvis du ikke vil installere det, vil det oversette mange tekstlinjer. nor

Prova att det hjälper mig i en daglig inställning - att kommunicera med mina vänner runt om i världen klickar bara förbi installationsskärmen om du inte vill installera den kommer att översätta många textrader. sweed

これを試してみてくださいそれは毎日の設定で私を助けます - あなたがそれをインストールしたくないならばそれをインストールスクリーンを過ぎてクリックするだけでテキストの何行も翻訳する世界中の私の友人と通信するために。

Fantastic, thank you! :) From what I can see it translates perfectly. Norwegain anyway. (google translate, eat your heart out ;) )
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    here is what I don't understand.... GGS started two events this morning and shortly will be doing a maintenance hotfix shutdown... Why not do the hotfix first and then start the events?????? :(
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    DO we lose any of this down time from our half time booster ?? About time they stopped messing players about and did these fixes and updates before events !!
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    When I logged in this morning I get a pop up saying the pleasure park is next. This is one event that does not interest me at all. I figured I could just work on building up resources for a while...

When I get into the game I also see the village fair which was not in the announcement.

I don't know weather to be happy there is an event I can get something out of or mad because I had no announcement that it was coming.
  • cavsfan (US1)cavsfan (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    I think there should be a general notification on Sunday or Monday describing all that's happening for the current week ahead. The day some large event starts is NOT helpful or fair.
  • Please bring back the calendar. It's a great tool for planing ahead. Thank you.
  • shehara (IN1)shehara (IN1) IN1 Posts: 42
    I would prefer having a calendar like before, that way the players can make a conscious pre-planned choice on whether or not to take part in a specific event. The good thing of having many events running concurrent was each player could choose which they prefer and keep out from the rest depending on their individual schedules.
     Thank you for reading..have a nice day <3 
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    no warning on vf - no popup? what ? Over site or done to rile us? Not cool - Agree about HotFix first then start the event - Also agree about Sub menus reverting back to first page - searching for Decos in a 12 page list get to 6 and then back to start -  I still vote for the calendar - I will take a weeks notice - good point how a about a post on sunday to show the weeks lineup -
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    I'm very sorry for changing the subject  ... forgive me but I don't know how to start a new post

Can someone please define the meaning of  "poaching"  as in a high co-op going into masters  league and one of the players asking a couple of players from another co-op to join them  ... 
    when that particular co-op fights tooth and nails  just to stay in gold  ??

Its happening on Int1  server .... is it happening on other servers ?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I'm very sorry for changing the subject  ... forgive me but I don't know how to start a new post

Can someone please define the meaning of  "poaching"  as in a high co-op going into masters  league and one of the players asking a couple of players from another co-op to join them  ... 
    when that particular co-op fights tooth and nails  just to stay in gold  ??

Its happening on Int1  server .... is it happening on other servers ?
    Yes it happens on all servers I'm sure. It is up to the farmer if they wish to stay with their co op or try to get into a better co op or a more aggressive one. Those that stay will be the ones that want to remain with the group because they are happy there & have made friends with some of the members.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I would assume poaching is luring members from another coop.  The big guys recruiting from the moderate coops.  Doing this can upset the balance of the lesser coop and lead to a disbanding, at times.
  • I have never encountered a company with so little regard for it's customers, it will only end in disaster for them
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I have never encountered a company with so little regard for it's customers, it will only end in disaster for them
    The game might end, but it won't be a "disaster for them."  They have other titles and I'm sure they're working on more. Some gaming companies just go in, milk a game for as much as they can, then pull the plug and move on to the next cash cow -- with absolutely no regard for their customers.
    Unfortunately artful (US1) is right. The only peeps this is a disaster for is us that still linger on and take what they dish out. Could almost think that they wish to downsize the player mass so they can claim there is no interest for the game anymore. And shut it down.

• holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    well, there is a dead give away that they changed the lineup for events. The pop ups are the ones scheduled for fishing hard worker event. Obviously, they can change willy nilly now. Too bad they cannot change the pop ups too. So, the events are going to be screwed up beyond belief!
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Just how much u need feed @WascallyWabbit
    @WiseWing
    @RowdyRac
    I think most of the pages are saying yees or ggs need more feed back on this topic
    well, there is a dead give away that they changed the lineup for events. The pop ups are the ones scheduled for fishing hard worker event. Obviously, they can change willy nilly now. Too bad they cannot change the pop ups too. So, the events are going to be screwed up beyond belief!
    I shouldn´t be astonished anymore, but am.

When changing something then ofc one (read GGS programmers + admin) must make sure that all pieces are corrected according to eachother. If not possible then to not make the change. 
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @Xcution (INT1)

It is an ongoing process.
    In my (please note, personal) opinion, they will most likely take both words and actions into consideration, when making their decisions.

So not only all the many words that have been written down here, but also the behaviour/response of the players (both those who visit the forum and the many who do not) in the game itself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file