Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Punishment Park

I was just wondering if there had been any updates on whether or not they have any plans to extend the ridiculous 4 hour times at all - as I have said a few times before this event is totally unplayable if you go out to work, unless you are prepared to spend goodness knows how much gold on getting the stalls to run for more than 8 hours.  Seems to me like GGS doesn't want us to play it .................................... just saying.

Comments

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I just tried again since the first time I played this and I have stopped.  The products and times required are just not worth it to me.   So, it will sit till it ends and all my deco will go back into storage. 
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    For me , the pleasure park event just comes and goes and I never even click on it or go to the deco valley even once.

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 27.06.2019
    for top league on AU server.  There are 135 players over level 250 out of that 135 only 35 even started it and only about 20 of us doing much at all.  I am leading with a low 54 B points, top 5, 17 B.  Makes the Majestic Citrus orchard real easy to get here.

I guess that tells the whole story of what AU server thinks of it.

BTW this is not complaint I am loving it, for this reason.  It is very time consuming and resource demanding.  I want the Majestic Citrus, so the fewer that do it, the easier it is for me.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • Bibleman7 (US1)Bibleman7 (US1) US1 Posts: 172
    edited 27.06.2019
    I don't play pleasure park, i find it a waste of time and a waste resources to try get the stalls up and running just for 4 hours
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I start just two little stalls the first day to get the deco parts -- that's all she wrote.  Not much of a prize, but I enjoy watching the stalls go "poof."  
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    it is definitely fun to watch them go "poof" LOL
     B) 
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I also love my easy/relax top 10 , free gold for me :)
  • 4 Hearts (US1)4 Hearts (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    I would like to say I do not find the Pleasure Park pleasureful. Sitting here, staring at a screen, moving a slider to add items over and over and over again is actually very painful to my eyes. Then to have to do the same thing over a few hours later is grueling.   Also, since the start of this event I have never seen anyone come close to getting enough points to get the Country manor. A player would have to hold a steady 879,630 pps from the very start to finish 24/7 to win that prize.  Not only is it necessary to keep the points going but it is also necessary to keep the production going and considering each stall requires so many items to even keep it running for just 2 hours the entire event is just not worth it. I am certain GGS is hoping as well as expecting players to use lots of resources and gold to achieve this.. I like events that when strong effort is applied it is possible to obtain all the prizes. It is as if GGS is dangling the prizes in front of us saying, Come on, buy gold!.  This makes these types of events not even worth my time or interest. This event needs a serious makeover. 

And I will also add, quite often when I am trying to place a stall I get a popup which makes the stall disappear and I have to go back open the event and click on the stall again to place it, this happens far too much and really frustrates me. 
    Last time the event ran, I was booted as I was placing the stall. All the items I donated just disappeared, and I either had to start over or stop the event. Guess which route I took!
  • I would like to say I do not find the Pleasure Park pleasureful. Sitting here, staring at a screen, moving a slider to add items over and over and over again is actually very painful to my eyes. Then to have to do the same thing over a few hours later is grueling.   Also, since the start of this event I have never seen anyone come close to getting enough points to get the Country manor. A player would have to hold a steady 879,630 pps from the very start to finish 24/7 to win that prize.  Not only is it necessary to keep the points going but it is also necessary to keep the production going and considering each stall requires so many items to even keep it running for just 2 hours the entire event is just not worth it. I am certain GGS is hoping as well as expecting players to use lots of resources and gold to achieve this.. I like events that when strong effort is applied it is possible to obtain all the prizes. It is as if GGS is dangling the prizes in front of us saying, Come on, buy gold!.  This makes these types of events not even worth my time or interest. This event needs a serious makeover. 

And I will also add, quite often when I am trying to place a stall I get a popup which makes the stall disappear and I have to go back open the event and click on the stall again to place it, this happens far too much and really frustrates me. 
    @t@"TMKC (IN1)" I think got the manor last time.  Showed screen shot doing over 2 M per second.
  • 4 Hearts (US1)4 Hearts (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    I would like to say I do not find the Pleasure Park pleasureful. Sitting here, staring at a screen, moving a slider to add items over and over and over again is actually very painful to my eyes. Then to have to do the same thing over a few hours later is grueling.   Also, since the start of this event I have never seen anyone come close to getting enough points to get the Country manor. A player would have to hold a steady 879,630 pps from the very start to finish 24/7 to win that prize.  Not only is it necessary to keep the points going but it is also necessary to keep the production going and considering each stall requires so many items to even keep it running for just 2 hours the entire event is just not worth it. I am certain GGS is hoping as well as expecting players to use lots of resources and gold to achieve this.. I like events that when strong effort is applied it is possible to obtain all the prizes. It is as if GGS is dangling the prizes in front of us saying, Come on, buy gold!.  This makes these types of events not even worth my time or interest. This event needs a serious makeover. 

@t@"TMKC (IN1)" I think got the manor last time.  Showed screen shot doing over 2 M per second.
    I am guessing he used gold
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 28.06.2019
    and a lot of farm $$ to buy stuff like corn cabbage, whatever he needed.  I can get up to 1.2M for short periods of time, but costly on goods

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I have to say while I did enjoy the event when it first started the whole process has become a bit of a chore. My main gripe is having to switch from main farms to deco valley to fill stalls. A few of these switch overs and the game freezes and becomes unplayable........very annoying with field items like wildflower and alfalfa. Four special citruses in the bag so its becoming a "why bother" type of event now.......how many citrus does one really need?

The concept of the event is great but changes need to be made so it doesnt slow gameplay........its frustrating in its current state.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 28.06.2019
    Hi Guys,

We have asked if/when more changes will be made to this event, as the last we heard they were still gathering feedback & data to see the best way to optimize it - This is the latest position:

The team has been watching closely and we are planning to do one more round of feedback after the end of the current PP. This feedback should be more consistent and we are hoping that, from there, the team will be able to work on the main points.

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    At this time the event is a product hog and not worth the rewards for the effort.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    edited 29.06.2019
    I like the play of the event, but the rewards are really cheap.
    Yes, for those who can only play once a day for an hour or so, you're just screwed because you do have to keep adding stalls else your earning power goes to zero.  Some option to accommodate those people should be made. 
    But if you can play throughout the day, it's easy to keep a decent count of stalls going for very little product.  Just remember that the 3rd and 4th hours are VERY expensive. But you can get 2 hours at a time for almost nothing.
  • harvestmoonn (INT1)harvestmoonn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 851
    edited 30.06.2019
    im going for around 30 bil only running 3x3 stall making 2 hour for stall that give under 7 point 3 hour for stall that give more than 10 point and 4 hour for stall that give around 20 points and im do it only around 5 time in 3 day no more well thos construction token worth it i think and maybe if i get in top 10 and win gold from that box 
    i cannot play game for atleast 14 hour due sleep and works  so its not possible to go for mannor and i dont care about other reward got 1 from each already from first run that i won rank1

but its got good point and that is its not same person that always get top 5 ranks and give other chance to go for it too 
  • Jacc (GB1)Jacc (GB1) GB1 Posts: 89
    I try to play this event but never get better than top 20 and it costs a lot of produce. By the end of day 2 I was so fed up I stop trying so hard. I like this event but cost /reward ratio is so low it is not really fun for me now.
    I can't believe I decided just a few hours ago that I would try this park one more time.  This time because I have 80% boost from winning the football.  Anyway, it is still way too demanding even at that rate of supplies coming in.  So, once again, it will sit until it ends, lol.  Aye Aye Aye, this really is "Punishment Park"  I see no pleasure in it all, lol.  I still can't figure out why I keep doing this to myself.  :(
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    I stopped playing it after the first round. Found it not worth playing. Empties storage too quickly and hinders gameplay. Events need to be tuned so they benefit eachother and not kill eachother.

I agree wholeheartedly @Summer (SKN1) .  My barns are empty of even the short run field items to keep that going.  It isn't worth it at all, lol.  Dumbo meeeeeeeee!  :)
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Waste of my time and resources.

I put a stall out once a day.   Just for the heck of it.

• bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    big farm thinks people are stupid.they set up things that they know most farmers will never  be able to complete but they keep giving the top cooperatives   the best prizes and they keep telling us this game is fair such a big lie
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    You make me curious :) Fair. Gold buyers will always have leverage. Non gold buyers can´t really compete in their league. We all have a choice whether to buy lots of gold and have a better chance getting the good prizes or accept not getting them by not buying much or any gold. The option is there and it is our choice. So in that aspect the game is fair ;) 

Oh and, if nobody bought gold, this game would be shut down. GGS is not running it out of charity.
  • Yes gold buyers will always have the advantage - that I accept and deal with.  My problem with the pleasure park is to run stalls for an average work day whilst out of the house your are forced to use gold - there is no other way.  With HWE's etc you can use ruined fields to get to a long run crate, with the fhwe you can stop putting stuff in to maximise the time, with cc's to get a win you can use seaweed.  Punishment park is gold or nothing.  By making the stalls longer timings I dont expect the same rewards as a gold chucker - but to stand 1/2 a chance would be fair.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939

I am guessing he used gold
    Yes .... I guess he does 
  • Dolphin (AU1)Dolphin (AU1) AU1 Posts: 117
    I wont go near it after what happened the last time it was on. Still not reimbursed. So that just sits there doing nothing now.
    I cant Thank Wascally Wabbit enough for all that they are trying to get done for those of us who got glitches the last time this was on.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Hi Guys,

We have asked if/when more changes will be made to this event, as the last we heard they were still gathering feedback & data to see the best way to optimize it - This is the latest position:

The team has been watching closely and we are planning to do one more round of feedback after the end of the current PP. This feedback should be more consistent and we are hoping that, from there, the team will be able to work on the main points.

Please just KEEP IT SIMPLE.   Why not make the whole deco park like a big garden store.  Have shoppers stroll through, we can put up deco we would like to get rid of, set a price, if it's too high no one buys.  We can play with what sells, what layout sells, let shoppers just like the ones walking in front of the market place stroll through and if the layout is attractive, prices right stuff sells off.  We get farm dollars OR maybe parts, (let US pick please) and get rid of stored deco at the same time.
    SIMPLE.   EASY.   No one has to sit and stare at a screen for hours.

BTW.... I looked at it once, it's on my ignore it list.  Big fail to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file