Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Delete farm account completely?

Evening.
I have 2 people who want to leave Big Farm, yet not leave their disused farms behind to mess up the average for events like WWC.
A search didn't help, does anyone know how it can be accomplished?
Thank you,
GrammaLeah

Comments

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I understand they need to contact GGS support and ask them to take care of it for them. 
  • Jacc (GB1)Jacc (GB1) GB1 Posts: 89
    In general terms and conditions rule 9.5 says the farms can be deleted by GGS after 3 months of inactivity but I think it may be worth contacting GGS if you don't want to wait. I may have read somewhere that if you have bought gold this could not happen. I do not believe hat inactive accounts affect the WWC rankings as they are not taken into account.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 30.06.2019
    Evening.
    I have 2 people who want to leave Big Farm, yet not leave their disused farms behind to mess up the average for events like WWC.
    A search didn't help, does anyone know how it can be accomplished?
    Thank you,
    GrammaLeah
    A couple of things about BF accounts.
    - If a player has bought Gold through the game for their farm, then they need to contact support to have them remove the account from the server. "However, if gold has been purchased, support will no longer delete accounts at the request of players." -see below-"
    - If a player has NOT bought Gold through the game, then after 6 months of inactivity(They can not log in for 6 months plus a day) the system will delete the account.

A suggestion to those wishing to leave a little some thing behind to help their current or an other co op out. Take the time to demolish everything & donate to the co op. Can't take it with you ;)
  • @GrammaLeah (US1) After a farm has been inactive for a couple of weeks, it drops from the rankings & will not affect anything on the server. As others have said, if they have never bought gold, the farm will be deleted in due course. However, if gold has been purchased, support will no longer delete accounts at the request of players.

It is also worth bearing in mind, that players often leave the game saying they will never return & then re-appear months, even years later, so it is not necessary to do anything, they can just leave their farms as they are & then the option to return, without having to start over is always there. :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @GrammaLeah (US1) After a farm has been inactive for a couple of weeks, it drops from the rankings & will not affect anything on the server. As others have said, if they have never bought gold, the farm will be deleted in due course. However, if gold has been purchased, support will no longer delete accounts at the request of players.

It is also worth bearing in mind, that players often leave the game saying they will never return & then re-appear months, even years later, so it is not necessary to do anything, they can just leave their farms as they are & then the option to return, without having to start over is always there. :)
    Thanks @WascallyWabbit
    did not realize they/GGS no longer will delete accounts at the request of their customers/players?!!
  • did not realize they/GGS no longer will delete accounts at the request of their customers/players?!!
    @Data King (US1) I don`t know exactly why it was changed, but it happened around the same time as those changes last year to internet privacy laws, so it may be that they have to keep a record of accounts that have a payment history on them - but that's just a guess, I am no expert on Internet laws. :)
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I think they've both purchased gold.
    However if it won't affect any rankings, I don't think they will mind the farms staying, as that is what they were both concerned about.
    Will pass the information along.

Thanks to all of you for the help.
    I guess my only concern about leaving my farm available to use for years without signing in would be someone hacking into my game, and then taking over my farm.  How would I know that were happening if I were not consistently playing the game?  So, @WascallyWabbit,  can a player ask that their farm be blocked from use ever again?  This would at least safeguard someone from the above scenario, right?  I know it isn't something that would happen all the time, but it is something that is a risk so why not do something to stop it from happening at all?
  • I guess my only concern about leaving my farm available to use for years without signing in would be someone hacking into my game, and then taking over my farm.  How would I know that were happening if I were not consistently playing the game?  So, @WascallyWabbit,  can a player ask that their farm be blocked from use ever again?  This would at least safeguard someone from the above scenario, right?  I know it isn't something that would happen all the time, but it is something that is a risk so why not do something to stop it from happening at all?
    @SuzyQ22 (US1) I checked that out for you & blocking accounts at request is not something that support would consider doing, as it is possible to safeguard your account by setting a strong password & not sharing it with anyone. I know that we often hear the term "hacked" used, but it is not possible to hack into a BF account, in the literal sense of hacking, as to do that you would need to hack into the BF servers & that has not been done. The ONLY way that someone can get into your farm is by using the password, whether that was obtained by you sharing it with someone, that turned out to be untrustworthy or by you having a password that was easy to guess.

Anyone wanting advice on how to set a strong password, see the thread below:

Account Security & Passwords - How to stay safe!
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 06.07.2019
    If anyone has spent months playing the game, I hope they won't demolish their farms ...

They could come back a few years later and remember how much they invested in the game and it could be a good memory.

Even 10 years down the line, if the game still exists ... Players could come back and see or give their farms to their kids ...

I wonder if Wabbit will still be here after 10 years ... Hahaha
    Thank you @WascallyWabbit for checking into that for me.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I have known a few people on here who wanted to leave for good... and took the time to demolish everything.
    Now it does take time.  It took one person many weeks to clear everything.  Then she donated it all to the coop.  Now if GG wants to leave the account sit on their servers forever, that's their business but all that was left of her farm was a very large (full size) plot of empty ground. 

GG really should put in a way for people to leave if they choose to.  Maybe a demolish button with a few "are you sure" pop ups to be safe.  Blow up the farm in one click (with several reconfirms this is for good) and be done.  Make sure everyone knows it's for good.  Then delete the account.   I can't see ANY reason to keep it stuck on their servers forever.   Perhaps move their name, payment history, IP address on a separate server if need be for legal reasons but that's all.

Just a suggestion GG. 
  • well not deleting is better that way you still got chance to continue if back later

there alot time that i get overreacted and want to do thing like that but you know its kinda like suicide hehe
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    If I was leaving BF completely I would leave my coop so as not to win any more rewards in the likes of the CC etc and it would help with the cost of the coop boosters as well.  Explain to my coop leader what I was doing and tell them I would come back once farm is demolished and put my dollars and gold into the coop's coffers then leave the coop and GGS.  Just what I would do if it was me.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
     I can't see ANY reason to keep it stuck on their servers forever.   
    To keep the number of players "up" on paper?
    I'm glad you all have chimed in here about GGS not blocking farms.  I didn't agree with the answer back myself.  Just because the servers haven't been hacked, doesn't mean it won't ever happen.  My bank sends me a new card every time some database is hacked and our money is at risk.  The the last big hack was the health care database with millions of insurance company's data on us.  Everything available to those hackers.  So, just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it will not.  
  • shehara (IN1)shehara (IN1) IN1 Posts: 42
    I too feel that the players should have the choice to delete their farm at their will and not being told that they need to stay away from the game for a certain amount of months.. Thank you for reading.. Have a nice day <3   
    I handed on the message, one is concerned that her payment information auto-completes.
    If her farm stays, THAT stays as well.
    The only numbers someone would need to guess are the 3 on the back of her card.
    I handed on the message, one is concerned that her payment information auto-completes.
    Easily done, I'm afraid ...  some thieves use programs that can generate them within just a few guesses.  
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I believe the auto complete is stored on  the person's computer, not in the game, so a "hacker" would have to hack the person's computer along with the farm and run it from there... sure there are peeps out there that can confirm or deny my thought... wishful thinking at best...
    Easily done, I'm afraid ...  some thieves use programs that can generate them within just a few guesses.  
    Hmm, I guess a good way to fix that would be to get a whole new credit card.  That would stop that problem like a brick wall.  Too bad we all have to figure out our own way to protect ourselves from this situation.  :(
    Hmm, I guess a good way to fix that would be to get a whole new credit card.  That would stop that problem like a brick wall.  Too bad we all have to figure out our own way to protect ourselves from this situation.  :(
    That's what I would do, although someone posted that getting into someone's farm account wouldn't give them access to credit card information, just their farm.  

I never ever use auto complete. 
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    I too feel that the players should have the choice to delete their farm at their will and not being told that they need to stay away from the game for a certain amount of months.. Thank you for reading.. Have a nice day <3   
    <3
  • I handed on the message, one is concerned that her payment information auto-completes.
    @GrammaLeah (US1) I asked Support about the payment auto-fill & if you could tell her to go to her gold shop & see if there is anywhere that lets her remove it & if not, she can contact the Support payments team & ask them to look at that for her.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well.... the last time I did buy gold here, it was through pay pal.  So there is THAT level of protection.   And I have paypal set up to use my own credit card so there is THAT level of protection.  Just those two alone, worst case get your credit card replaced.  End of any auto charge problem.  But between paypal or your own bank if you see charges after you left they would stop it. 
    NONE of this is on (or ever should be on) a home computer. 
    (someone mentioned that above.) 

Now I don't know how much server space this company uses, but it still seems utterly stupid to not allow someone to delete account.  Every other site I've used has a way to delete account. Put a few pop up's in place, are you sure, you cannot undo, like that.  Perhaps give some grace time before it's done.    Say a week, days, what ever than send an email that your account will be close on XXXX date.  So if someone is impulsive they still have a chance to change their mind.  But if not, someone wants this account deleted, why use up server space on a dead farm no one is doing anything with?  Just for numbers on paper?
    Don't active vs inactive players mean something too?
    Better idea, if this game is popular, seems they would want all the server space possible for the people using this game. 

I'll let her know to check for that.
    Thanks Wabbit.
    She checked that payment auto-complete.
    It appears it's only on her computer in her settings, NOT on the website so she's all good now.
    Thanks for the help, WascallyWabbit !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file