Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Communications Changes -- Discussion -- [Events Calendar]

Comments

• Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    lol its their game! always was and always will be :D 

• Hot fix of over 1/2 hour while a cooperative event is going on.
    Please, consider pausing events when things like this must be done.
    It's hardly fair that players are having their silos emptied with no way to refill it due to no fault of their own.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Why bother to spam us with in-game an Event notice when the events have already started.

Why can't they be sent out the day before. To send them after the events have started is just a waste.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    lol its their game! always was and always will be :D 
    Of course it is, and they can and will do whatever they like with it. But a company who wants to keep growing their product and profits will ensure that they offer their customers a happy, enjoyable experience. If that erodes over time, and customer frustrations and unhappiness mount, however, "their game" will eventually cease to exist.
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    I do understand it that having no INFO about what event is next is not nice. But as a recycled player i will ask now the newbees in my eyes. How did the first generation of farmers played their events?? There was NO info at all. Not event a timer to warn you for maintenance. 
    And still they mostly completed the events with smaller farms,no expansions were available then,no handbooks were invented,no seaweed. I may sound very old now,but we completed them with hard work. There were then only 4 levels of difficulty on the weekly events.

Now we can choose between 6 or 7 levels,and with a good running prodution farm you can do the most events in time. Sometimes it is short,sometimes with 1 day left over. Are we spoiled or do we like to complete the weekly event on highest difficulty in 48 hours??

Don,t blaim the CM,s. They have no infuence on it. Play as you go. And you see you will get there or start re-tuning your farms.

The same as Twitter,Facebook,instagram or whatever so-called social network. I don,t have it and i NEVER will have it. 

Take it easy , this is a game. Don,t cry or visit a schrink when you cannot complete a event. The noise made now about the calender is louder than the sound of afirebrigade trucks with all the bells and whistles in use.

This is not the real world. Very few country,s have everyday sunshine and green producing fields. 
    Not having the calender brings back the old surprize feeling back to me.

Enjoy farming in our almost perfect virtual small world called Big Farm.

Enjoy life and the game. Keep that in balance

Nice weekend to everybody

How did the first generation of farmers played their events?? There was NO info at all. 

True enough, but keep in mind, back then, there were virtually no events to speak of. The CCs came once every three months. Three or four themed events were at least a week apart. The horse tournaments had about a month in between. Events didn't overlap each other.  And there were weeks when nothing at all was going on. No calendar needed.

You are right. It is just a game. But when people are bombarded with myriads of events, they will want to do them. And even if they select just one or two, they do want to be able to excel at them. It's only human nature. Fortunately, our coop isn't into competition, and our team members can choose whether or not to participate in anything. But when they do, they at least want to have a bit of a chance to to do well.  And advance notice goes a long way in helping that to happen.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    I do understand it that having no INFO about what event is next is not nice. But as a recycled player i will ask now the newbees in my eyes. How did the first generation of farmers played their events?? There was NO info at all. Not event a timer to warn you for maintenance. 
    And still they mostly completed the events with smaller farms,no expansions were available then,no handbooks were invented,no seaweed. I may sound very old now,but we completed them with hard work. There were then only 4 levels of difficulty on the weekly events.

Now we can choose between 6 or 7 levels,and with a good running prodution farm you can do the most events in time. Sometimes it is short,sometimes with 1 day left over. Are we spoiled or do we like to complete the weekly event on highest difficulty in 48 hours??

Don,t blaim the CM,s. They have no infuence on it. Play as you go. And you see you will get there or start re-tuning your farms.

The same as Twitter,Facebook,instagram or whatever so-called social network. I don,t have it and i NEVER will have it. 

Take it easy , this is a game. Don,t cry or visit a schrink when you cannot complete a event. The noise made now about the calender is louder than the sound of afirebrigade trucks with all the bells and whistles in use.

This is not the real world. Very few country,s have everyday sunshine and green producing fields. 
    Not having the calender brings back the old surprize feeling back to me.

Enjoy farming in our almost perfect virtual small world called Big Farm.

Enjoy life and the game. Keep that in balance

Nice weekend to everybody

we did not have all of these events back then and not as many points per second events ether because i decided to sleep and plant wheat i will not be able to play catch up enough to get top 25 unless i spend a lot of gold so i am being punished because i wanted to sleep and others are being rewarded for waking up early it is not fair when i got on top 5 already had a 500k lead last CHW the difference between the top 5-10 were less then 100k i refuse to throw gold at a game that is simple unfair i was on here a couple hours before the CC ending asking what was next even said this would happen i would either of not went to bed so i could start it or not done wheat on repete and sunflowers it is fine for those of you that play casually not to know cause you are right it does not matter one way or another you are not the ones trying for top 50  but the ones of us that play competitively and dont have life out side of the game this does not work it is completely and totally unfair i will not get top 5 simple because there was no warning and my fields are busy not because i dont want to or can not put in the time or effort i mean what is the point for me to do that now? there is no way for me to play catch up the players in top 5 are getting +1 as we speck well i cant get any on any field crop because half of mine still have wheat for 2 hours right now i should easily have 3 +1 because should of had one on corn then ruta then egg but with half of my fields i have 0 i am not going to use all that gold when i would not have to of if they would have given us 12 hour notice heck i think 4 hour notice would have worked for me this is simple not fair it is like saying a huge race could start sometime this month and then telling racers about it 3min before it starts so ya the ones that live 5 min away and  if they can drop anything will get a Hugh head start and probably win with a whole lot less effort then the ones that live 6 hours away so even if the racers that live 6 hours away are the best in the world wont really matter when the worst have a 6 hour head start simple because they live closer or are awake to hear the announcement  
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Got another member who is going to play out her gold and then leave.
    sigh
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    iron maiden (INT1) 
    BF back then is not comparable with BF of today. Things were easy going and no sweat, very enjoyable! I do remember. You should find that out as you play now. Planning is a must for co-ops while single players can ofc still take an easier approach. Except maybe for the FHWE.

But need for planning and strategy grew skyhigh for the co-ops. Which made this game more exciting and fun. ehh as long as we had the evnts calender. Now we are thrown into the dark and that gives us a whole new game and we can´t really say anything other then that the fun has been taken out of it. Chat has gone silent, nothing to plan and discuss. Our sighing is done. Some have left the game saying "if the calender returns, let me know". Others have simply quit the game. And others again have stopped buying gold and are settling in accepting that easy going gameplay here while more active gameplay at other online games is how to do it. BF has lost our attention and interest. All due to the event calender being scrapped.

It issss missed.

• Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    iron maiden (INT1) 

It issss missed.

not here or by me its not missed at all :)
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    iron maiden (INT1) 
    BF back then is not comparable with BF of today. Things were easy going and no sweat, very enjoyable! I do remember. You should find that out as you play now. Planning is a must for co-ops while single players can ofc still take an easier approach. Except maybe for the FHWE.

Wait!  What????

So, because I am a single player I have no need to plan my events?  I think you have that completely wrong.
    edited 05.07.2019
    iron maiden (INT1) 

Wait!  What????

So, because I am a single player I have no need to plan my events?  I think you have that completely wrong.
    ;) there are events only co-ops can compete in. 

And I did write "can" meaning if wished for.

iron maiden (INT1) 

It issss missed.

not here or by me its not missed at all :)
    Speaking for the masses, are you ? ;) 
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 05.07.2019
    @Summer (SKN1)   The only events single players don't need to plan for is CC and VF,   They still need to plan for ALL other Hard work events like CHWE if they want to finish top 50 and get GML, Need to plan for gold fish rescue, need to plan for HWE, need to plan for weekly events, need to plan for other special event, like CNY.  This removal of calendar effects single and co op players a like if they want to do well.  For players who never want to do well in events or are gold buyers removal of calendar will not effect them.

It effect players who want to be able to compete and do well without using too much gold.  Players that want to use their brains not their pockets.  After all it is suppose to be a strategy game
  • cordia (AU1)cordia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 39
    The events calendar was good for being able to see everything at once, and for looking ahead. 
    I liked being able to see start dates and end dates for everything in one place of reference.
    Often I am away from the game for days / weeks and the calendar showed where things were up to.
    Things change - yes - but that is more reason for having a calendar, not less. (because if things never changed I think there would be less dependency on the calendar - it would be easier to work the actual event dates out ourselves if things never changed.) 
    @Summer (SKN1)   The only events single players don't need to plan for is CC and VF,   They still need to plan for ALL other Hard work events like CHWE if they want to finish top 50 and get GML, Need to plan for gold fish rescue, need to plan for HWE, need to plan for weekly events, need to plan for other special event, like CNY.
    Wish I had added "if wished for" at the end. Because that is what I meant and thought got understood. Ofc single players need to plan for different evnts if they wish to take a more serious part in the game. From what I have experienced single players often decide to leave a co-op because they feel a need for easier going playstyle.

So here is the line written in full so all can understand. (I hope) "Planning is a must for co-ops while single players can ofc still take an easier approach If wished for."

OK? :smile:
  • @Summer (SKN1)  All good Mate, Just showing how single players need as well.  
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Well, @Summer (SKN1)  I don't stay a single player because I want an easier playing lifestyle.  I stay a single player because I don't like having CC's, and CHWE, and the myriad of other coop events shoved down my throat.  I still play this game hard, and in many ways do very well.  Case in point.  I am ranked 2nd in the FIFA Womens Football Event, I plan to stay there until the end.  I work hard at what I do decide to play.  But that is the whole point of being a single player.  It is to decide what and when I want to include myself in any one event.  I am sure there are plenty of other players out there just like myself.  I still spend far too many hours on this game without being in coop.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 06.07.2019
    I do understand it that having no INFO about what event is next is not nice. But as a recycled player i will ask now the newbees in my eyes. How did the first generation of farmers played their events?? There was NO info at all. 

People are here to express their approval or disapproval about removing a facility (the event calendar) that did exist already and is not on the payroll of the company. We are not here to discuss philosophy of life, I am sure that might be found in some other thread or some other forum even :-)

There has to be a reason as to why the event calendar was interfering with ggs plans, in my opinion cancelling the calendar allows them to "abuse" the event schedule at will !  It is just another of their sneaky tricks

• amazingrose7 (GB1)amazingrose7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 436
    edited 07.07.2019
    Well, I have just received the popup telling me the HWE is starting today,almost a day late. 

Edited to add ,I got the pop up again,that's 2 days after it started!

Post edited by amazingrose7 (GB1) on
  • becke (SKN1)becke (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 4
    I think we should all stop buying gold until they listen to us players.

They are very greedy and the only way to make them listen to us is through money.

becke
  • smeagol (NL1)smeagol (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1
    Another pop up - seriously??  :|  AS quoted by the CM " The event’s schedule will not be shared with the community in advance, instead his dedicated Community Managers will be doing the rounds and lettin' you all know just when the event starts via in-game pop up, Facebook and Twitter. Yippee! So on the day we start you'll be the first to find out."
    Or like now with the CHWE, one day after the event started  :(
    I think we should all stop buying gold until they listen to us players.

They are very greedy and the only way to make them listen to us is through money.

becke
    I stopped buying gold and won´t until the event calender returns. hehe so maybe never if they are so dead set on not providing it.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I think that these 1 to 2 hr notices before the start of the events are only valuable to those servers whose time zones match the Team's decision to start that event.  All the rest of us are left out in the dark with no notice prior to the start.  I know nearly every event seems to start during the midnight hour or early morning hour when I am peacefully sleeping.  I do get up early (5 am Pacific time) but always these event have already begun.  So announcements to help us get ready for the events are absolutely useless.  If only, if only the announcements would be similar to the CC clock which gives everyone a 24 hrs notice before the starting, this would be acceptable.  Thank you.
    Even if the calendar stays gone, a one-week's notice could be given to the CM/mods to relay to us. Surely they aren't so disorganized as to not be able to set an event a week away and not change it.
    iron maiden (INT1) 

But need for planning and strategy grew skyhigh for the co-ops. Which made this game more exciting and fun. ehh as long as we had the evnts calender. Now we are thrown into the dark and that gives us a whole new game and we can´t really say anything other then that the fun has been taken out of it. Chat has gone silent, nothing to plan and discuss. Our sighing is done. Some have left the game saying "if the calender returns, let me know". Others have simply quit the game. And others again have stopped buying gold and are settling in accepting that easy going gameplay here while more active gameplay at other online games is how to do it. BF has lost our attention and interest. All due to the event calender being scrapped.

It issss missed.

Sure it ia missed,but don,t take it to serious. Does your cow die? Does your pigs run away or does your chickens explode?? 
    I stopped after things went to serious,but still loved the game. Now i started allover again but on a different way. Namely the way I like to farm. And not how the endlesly repetaded returning C-C,s,FHWE,HWE,V-F etc etc like to push the players to play.
    I don,t care anymore or i am 1th or 1152th in the ranking. Do you plan in real life also that far upfront?? 

Another mentionmed that the events starts at unforgiven hours for them, i understand that. But when you play on the int server you will always have players running behind when a event starts due to the timezones aswell in the USA.
    But i guess or suppose that the usa server starts their events at a more or less normal usa time. Not at 3 in the morning on the eastcoast

And i surely don,t mean to exclude from coop less players missing out their right to play the event too. Don,t get me wrong. 

But don,t take it to far. I prefer the fix first all the bugs and than return the calender.  I was only giving my opinion how i look and more players to this situation. Nothing more nothing less.
    Sorry for those i may hurt with what i posted

Another pop up - seriously??  :|  AS quoted by the CM " The event’s schedule will not be shared with the community in advance, instead his dedicated Community Managers will be doing the rounds and lettin' you all know just when the event starts via in-game pop up, Facebook and Twitter. Yippee! So on the day we start you'll be the first to find out."
    Or like now with the CHWE, one day after the event started  :(
    Do you ever look on the parkinglot to see maybe something has changed?? Maybe they added a SILO?? That means the HWE or CHWE has started. 
    Yesterday the C-C started and 30 min later like the last months a HWE or CHWE event started.
    Yesterday there was a chinese drum on my farm. Today there is a telescope. I though heee something has changed. Click on it and you will see. 
    A new event has started. It would be good and nice when GGS send all the players a wha to do list for this event msg to everyplayer,but that won,t happend soon i am affraid of.

• 24KSan (US1)24KSan (US1) US1 Posts: 95
    As per usual,  with some of these corporations, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Some of the big wigs up there should get a clue and listen to  what many of us are saying here.

This is not rocket science, give us some notice instead of springing these events on us, considering we are bombarded with events every month.

Is ANYONE listening?????
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    As per usual,  with some of these corporations, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Some of the big wigs up there should get a clue and listen to  what many of us are saying here.

This is not rocket science, give us some notice instead of springing these events on us, considering we are bombarded with events every month.

Is ANYONE listening?????
    Does GGS hear us - absolutely!  Does GGS listen to us - absolutely NOT!   :/
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 06.07.2019
    @iron maiden (INT1) Yes my real life is planned down to the minute, ask anyone I have my real life planned down to the minute usually weeks or months in advance, I do allow changes to my plans, with notice, but do not try to make me change a my real life plans at last minute (except if something drastic happens that can't be helped), there is a fight for sure and will not happen.  I am NEVER late for anything and anyone that tries to interfere with that will find themselves in big trouble.  I plan my farm, what I am going to build  (I have a 1 year plan for this at least, it change but the plan is already there for the next year), I plan what events I play ( I like to be able to do this for the entire month, 1 week before month begins).  I plan EVERYTHING in life, some time it changes last minute which can't be helped, but the plan is there.  I don't like random, there is no skill or strategy involved with random.

This is called OCD and many people have it. Planning to me is critical.  It takes GGS very little time what is going to happen in the next month and actually if you ask them they also probably have plans what is happening for the next year already and like any Business a 5 and 10 year plan, like myself, the plan is there subject to change, so no time lost from other things like bug fixes, takes very little time to inform mods of upcoming events and dates for 1 months of events.

This removal it effect players who want to be able to compete and do well without using too much gold.  Players that want to use their brains not their pockets.  After all it is suppose to be a strategy game, good strategy takes good planning 
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file