Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Communications Changes -- Discussion -- [Events Calendar]

Comments

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 05.07.2019
    FUNNEL STARTED GUYS BUT NO POP UP LMAO AND THE TWEET WAS POSTED 1 MIN AGO !!
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    why bother with the notices, GGS? less than 10min before an event starts? Jeez, things are getting worse and worse around here.

Seriously starting to reevaluate the idea of leaving. Ya'll are making it easier and easier.

ps-this is NOT directed at the mods in any way shape or form. 
  • notices were actually AFTER events started
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    ahahaha!!! I am actually awake to see what came next... all my fields   have sunflowers in them for the night :))))
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
  • Not the end of the world but end of BF for 5 of the members of my co op already
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    Dear GGS, 

Please stick your tweets where the sun don't shine. Oh and while you're at it, please by all means, continue to flush this game down the commode as you have been, little by little ~ soon we shall all be free.
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    Better late than never ... only 3 min after start  ;-)

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Plus there is no Tweet on the sidebar menue here at the Forum. So from what I understand it was never meant to be. We who do not have or wish to have Twitter or Facebook (for obvious reasons) will have to rely on co-op mates that do (if any) and hope for pop-ups (which we hate).

Timing must be adjusted! Several days forewarning is a must. Why it is not working fine already, from the start, does give a shine of incompetence or ill will. Ingredients disheartening their customers. What is it they seek by doing this?
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 05.07.2019
    notices were actually AFTER events started
    That is GGS definition of planning.......conclude what event is running.
    An announcement with what is coming (not already started) even seems to be too much to ask.  Shame on you....
    I fail to see how this is supposted to expand your customerbase :confused:

The header of this thread should not be "communication changes" it should be "communication stop"
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Its deliberate! They want players to throw gold at events like these and if times and dates are announced this will not happen. Do you really thing meetings are called to discuss what they can do to improve the game?? The majority of things going on in meetings is discussion and ideas on the best ways to milk gullible players of their gold........Masters League came first, now no calender.....Farmers League is next, as im sure other gold needing events are coming as well.
  • Taji (US1)Taji (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    The tweet, the tweet,
    how sweet the tweet that counts naught,
    GGS: you are caught.

This is NOT going to work. What good is a notice when it comes after the fact? 
    Even a changing calendar is better than this.
    The mods worked hard on them and I think we here who frequent the forum know that it is not their fault that GGS cannot figure out how to suck as much money out of us as possible. Seeing a timeline of it in the changing schedules was the proof, therefore: no more schedule.
    How about a calendar with a notice: "Subject to change without notice. No complaints accepted."
    My CoOp is already rumbling, I expect people to leave.

GGS, PLEASE, you really, Really, REALLY need to rethink this!!
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Loved  the 2 for 1 gold offer also at start of event...  :wink:
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    The tweet did come out before the start of the CHWE. By less than 10 minutes. What that is supposed to help is beyond my comprehension. Even knowing when it was coming on the calendar didn't even try hard at this event since they made the rewards so ridiculously out of reach. Making it easier and easier, GGS. I can see the light at the end of the exit tunnel getting brighter and brighter.
    heh no Tweet at my end before the event started. I checked asa it had started and nope, no Tweet at the sidebar menue.
    Plus there is no Tweet on the sidebar menue here at the Forum. So from what I understand it was never meant to be. We who do not have or wish to have Twitter or Facebook (for obvious reasons) will have to rely on co-op mates that do (if any) and hope for pop-ups (which we hate).

Timing must be adjusted! Several days forewarning is a must. Why it is not working fine already, from the start, does give a shine of incompetence or ill will. Ingredients disheartening their customers. What is it they seek by doing this?
    You dont need an account to Twitter or Facebook:

https://twitter.com/goodgamebigfarm

https://www.facebook.com/GoodgameBigFarm
  • Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)Sheila NOLA Gal (US1) US1 Posts: 138
    edited 05.07.2019
    Without a Facebook account, this is what you see:

Can't read what's posted behind this pop up.  :(
    edited 05.07.2019
    Guess it depends on the country you're from:

(edit) and try to click on 'Not now'  ;-)
  • @BlueZilver (GB1) Yes! Thank you! Clicking 'Not now' cleared it!  :)
  • Jacobus (GB1)Jacobus (GB1) GB1 Posts: 22
    Are prodessional people running this game otr idiots?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Logged in. The event had started. No announcement. Just now, refreshed, and got the announcement. Not very helpful. 
    Is it possible to get the Event Calendar for july ???  ... Just untill you get the timing right on facebook/twitter ;-)
  • The problem is the timing is the way they want it, just not the way WE want it.
    I believe its to time-consuming to keep the Event Calendar ... and its just take a little time to find out how to make the information work on facebook/twitter so we get it in time ;-)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I believe its to time-consuming to keep the Event Calendar ... and its just take a little time to find out how to make the information work on facebook/twitter so we get it in time ;-)
    Getting the info via FB or Twitter will make no difference if the information is provided the day of. Or, in this morning's instance, after the event has started.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 05.07.2019
    here is announcement, 

Howdy hard working farmers!

The hardest thing about managing a farm is dealing with the weather. It's always changin' and you never can tell when a good sunny day is coming when you can get a lot of work done: Even worse is when the weather changes and we have to cancel and reschedule all our lovely events. Oh yes sirree! That's the absolute worst. 

So Big Farmer George has made some changes.  instead his dedicated Community Managers will be doing the rounds and lettin' you all know just when the event starts via in-game pop up, Facebook and Twitter. Yippee! So on the day we start you'll be the first to find out.

Stay tuned Farmers for all the latest news and events and happy farming!

Your Big Farm team

The point to note is

The event’s schedule will not be shared with the community in advance, instead his dedicated Community Managers will be doing the rounds and lettin' you all know just when the event starts via in-game pop up, Facebook and Twitter.

by this part of announcement, they are only going to let us know when it starts which is too late as we already know it has started, so why have a pop up, tweet or Facebook telling us it started  we can see it on our farm.. First few times I read this I thought we would get 1 days notice or so, but on re read, I don't think that is what they mean.

And way too late to do any planning. *grumbles*
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    here is announcement, 

Howdy hard working farmers!

The hardest thing about managing a farm is dealing with the weather. It's always changin' and you never can tell when a good sunny day is coming when you can get a lot of work done: Even worse is when the weather changes and we have to cancel and reschedule all our lovely events. Oh yes sirree! That's the absolute worst. 

So Big Farmer George has made some changes.  instead his dedicated Community Managers will be doing the rounds and lettin' you all know just when the event starts via in-game pop up, Facebook and Twitter. Yippee! So on the day we start you'll be the first to find out.

Stay tuned Farmers for all the latest news and events and happy farming!

Your Big Farm team

The point to note is

The event’s schedule will not be shared with the community in advance, instead his dedicated Community Managers will be doing the rounds and lettin' you all know just when the event starts via in-game pop up, Facebook and Twitter.

by this part of announcement, they are only going to let us know when it starts which is too late as we already know it has started, so why have a pop up, tweet or Facebook telling us it started  we can see it on our farm.. First few times I read this I thought we would get 1 days notice or so, but on re read, I don't think that is what they mean.

Very true. After reading the announcement I had expected maybe an hour's notice at best ... but not only getting notifications after the event had begun. And the in-game notices are useless as they don't turn up until hours after it has begun. Waste of effort to send them out.  

• Got home to find the event had started.  Oh well, so far behind now as I couldn't plan for it its not worth buying the 2 for 1 to catch up (I might have done so before as I would have been able to plant up with special corn etc., and would be so far behind) so ty GGS you have saved me a few quid and done yourselves out of my hard earned. Its so funny I'm actually laughing - they have done themselves out of money! What a great way to see profits tumble!

GGS - Your business brains astound me and not in a good way.
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    And now another pop-up. Hotfix while trying to plan out feeding of the funnel. This is just one reason they need a calendar so they can plan the best time to do hotfixes and updates and everything else they need to do so that it doesn't interfere with OUR game. We are the paying customers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file