Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update July 1st - Summer Fun has just begun! - Discussion

Comments

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 02.07.2019
    I suspect Farmer's League is just another name for cooperative but I could be wrong.
    Diamonds are a new resource we could win through the CC and other means.
    I suspect a player would have to be at a very high level to build an apartment and maybe only one per farm. We would be able to open up the apartment with a click and see all the houses there (much like opening up the decor tower) and be able to upgrade, replace them etc.
    This is a way for high level players to get even more room on their farms - more space means more stables, fields etc plus perhaps the new production buildings that have been mentioned are coming.

• OK we have some news.... 

As you probably already gathered, the Diamonds come from the Farmers League & the FL is a new background event (from level 19) which is currently being tested on BR1 - This is why, as some of you have spotted, you have an empty space in your carpark - it will live there permanently.

The CMs are busy writing up a tutorial for the FL, which we will post as soon as we get it. :)
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    So, kinda like the WWC, runs in the background, farm normally, collect diamonds, do not pass go, etc. :)

• @CathyD (INT1) Correct, it sort of plays itself, based on other things that you do. :)
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222

So now we're getting more space for either decorations or stables. But do we also get bigger mills???   
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Would be good if mills allowed the repeat option. Maybe that is what is needed.
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    Would be good if mills allowed the repeat option. Maybe that is what is needed.

That only helps if you want to keep making feed when your're off-line and do subscribe to repeat harvester.

At the moment i have trouble making enough fast feed when im on-line.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 02.02.2023
     o:) 
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • What country is BR-1?
    @FarmerCli (US1) Brazil
    edited 02.02.2023
     :) 
  • ROFL

Anticipation!  Like that Christmas gift just waiting there except we don't know when we get to unwrap it.

Thank you for the fun
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    The new balloon deco is cute
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    The apartment building will be great if regular farmers can actually GET them.
    I have a town square where they would fit in very nicely.
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 02.07.2019
    OK we have some news.... 

As you probably already gathered, the Diamonds come from the Farmers League & the FL is a new background event (from level 19) which is currently being tested on BR1 - This is why, as some of you have spotted, you have an empty space in your carpark - it will live there permanently.

The CMs are busy writing up a tutorial for the FL, which we will post as soon as we get it. :)

BR 1?  What happened to every one being able to try out new content on the test server?
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    ROFL

Anticipation!  Like that Christmas gift just waiting there except we don't know when we get to unwrap it.

Thank you for the fun
    Great to see someone still owns that here at BF! :D Personally I am not expecting much. Have stopped buying gold. So will wait and see whether to smil big or sigh "ah well" ;)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    hotfix?
    edited 02.02.2023
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    hotfix?
    They may be preparing to award us our WWC coins.

Or maybe it will be a sudden announcement about the start of the Farmer's League starting today in about 8 min.   :D
    They don't need a hotfix to award us WWC coins. My bet is that they're patching in the "Farmer's League" (or fixes to it).
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Well it was'nt to fix the wonky bubbles that's for sure 
    edited 02.02.2023
     :| 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    hmmm!  I sure hope they wait until the CC is over before starting the Farmer's League!  :o

Of course it just maybe they are trying to fix Omar's other cart, you know, the one with the highly touted advertised Lemur balloon, probably costing 10 k gold like the "Bee Balloon" offered some time ago.
    Could be. :)  I'm sure one of the mods will let us know when they get here, if any of the CMs bothered to tell them what the hotfix was for. :)
  • Southern (US1) said:
    My bet is that they're patching in the "Farmer's League" (or fixes to it). 
    You would have won that bet :) We do not know the exact details, but it was something to do with small bugs in Facebook & the event on BR1, 
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 03.07.2019
    haha it had to be crappy facebook lol, i wondered how long it would take before ggs jumped on the Band wagon before you know it we will be getting advertising pop ups.
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    This will lead to even more different kind of dropping things when harvesting fields, farms, etc. It for sure will slow down computers, Why there are no option in settings under animation to hide those dropping animation at all.
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    Big Farm has an ad on Facebook asking players that have quit to come start playing again. Imagine that!
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Yeah I dont understand why more time isn't spent on trying to make the game run faster. The event overload wouldn't be as annoying if the game ran smoothly and bug free.
  • I remember a few years ago now I played a game called Gardens of Time (playdom game if I remember rightly) that had a huge following.  They moved it to Facebook and made it you had to have a facebook account to play.  It lost over half of its player base by doing that and friends I'd made on there that did move over said it wasn't the same, and soon left too - I dont think the game lasted long after the move (but I could be wrong?)  But surely there is a lesson there for GGS.
  • Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)Sheila NOLA Gal (US1) US1 Posts: 138
    edited 04.07.2019
    @AmazingMurphy (GB1) then you probably recognize my avatar! That was mine over in Gardens of Time! :)
    I played in Aquarius Guild. I moved to Facebook with the game, and quit shortly thereafter. I don't do Facebook anymore so no idea if that game's still there. I also don't 'Twitter' so I can't follow anything there either.
    Hoping GGS hears our plea for a calendar here since I've read many players aren't on those other platforms.

Edited to add: If GGS has plans to move this game completely to Facebook like Gardens of Time did - I fear that will be my last straw.  :(
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    GGS aka Stillfront only have one purpose to all those changes - calendar, FB etc. -
    they 'sell' MAU, DAU = (Monthly average users and Daily average users) to stockinvestors.

- sure they will get more of both now and surely their stocks will rise again. - They make so much money that it's unbelievable and that's why anything we say here would never change anything. (Even if everyone in the forum quit playing, they wouldn't really feel it.)

We are not the voice they listen to - value & money  talks and to that they listen.
    They have never had better results as this year - which should be a clear eyeopener for the rest of us - we all know pretty well, how the last year has been, lots of bugs and broken promises to fix them.

Now, let's start by not adresseing GGS here - the owners are Stillfront games. GGS in the form you all knew it is gone. This is not so much a farmgame anymore, as it's a automatic moneymachine.

-didah

edited 02.02.2023

:/ 
Sign In to comment.