Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Communications Changes -- Discussion -- [Events Calendar]

Comments

• holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    @WiseWing, just curious, was this your idea?
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    No pop-up, just an announcement that we get when we log on.

Announcement when we log in?? I haven´t seen any announcement other then the one telling us about Larry Lemur. (in my language called Lemuren Leif) 

• iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    She said. Not very handy that there is no more a events calender.  Maybe GGS should think twice about it
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  can we have the calendar of events back. Any notice is better than no notice. I don't even mind if it is altered at the last moment..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...........
  • Same here would also really like to see the calendar back some events do need a little planning ......
  • CassLJ (GB1)CassLJ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1
    This is a shame; having a calendar gives us the ability to plan in advance (which plenty of events require by their very nature). Even if it was just a weekly calendar it would be better than nothing. No notice at all isn't helpful for any of us,. 
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Do people have really short memory's ??? 

Every time the events calendar was put up and then amended it always created a uproar of complaints !!

You can't have it both ways !

Every time the events calendar was put up and then amended it always created a uproar of complaints !!

If you read the complaints you would know that we complained over GGS staff not managing to keep to the calender. Start scheduled events aso as said they were to start. They made the calender *hint, hint) 

There were no complaints about having the calender. We loved it and wanted it and want it back. 

Cheers :smile:
  • FromPol (FR1)FromPol (FR1) FR1 Posts: 1,712
    Hello,

There will be a new event, farmers league where we could win diamonds and construct new spaces of house. It is tested now on a server, and so I think ggs has no date to its official beginning. So as it is not finished, ggs will send already know event one after one. And a day, it will be this new event, and then calendar could be published again :-)
    I hope it is nearly finished.

wait and see,

have a good play,
    edited 02.07.2019

FromPol (FR1)
    Have you heard that the calender will return, from GGS, or is just a hopeful wish you utter?

Cheers :smile:
  • FromPol (FR1)FromPol (FR1) FR1 Posts: 1,712

FromPol (FR1)
    Have you heard that the calender will return, from GGS, or is just a hopeful wish you utter?

Cheers :smile:
    it is just a wish :-)

have a good play,
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294

If you read the complaints you would know that we complained over GGS staff not managing to keep to the calender. Start scheduled events aso as said they were to start. They made the calender *hint, hint) 

There were no complaints about having the calender. We loved it and wanted it and want it back. 

Cheers :smile:
    here you are then 
    Pass it on to GGS :smiley: so they can fill in dates of events and all is good again :smiley:

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Hello,

There will be a new event, farmers league where we could win diamonds and construct new spaces of house. It is tested now on a server, and so I think ggs has no date to its official beginning. So as it is not finished, ggs will send already know event one after one. And a day, it will be this new event, and then calendar could be published again :-)
    I hope it is nearly finished.

wait and see,

have a good play,
    You know as much as we do about these new things showing up in our games. Doubt it/Farmers League will be tested as with all new events they bring into the game. There will be bugs & glitches for the first couple of runs of it. As for the calendar that will be a wait & see.
  • gldnhvst (US1)gldnhvst (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    This does not appear to be a positive change,  did they quit thinking at good game?  no more pop ups  I like planning  the cooperative needs to plan  another unacceptable idea in my mind.

gldnhvst
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Niet handig hoor dat je niet kunt zien welke evenementen er gaan komen:)) Zouden jullie een heroverweging willen maken?
    Translated to say;

Not handy that you cannot see which events are coming :)) Would you like to reconsider?

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Niet iedereen heeft facebook en twitter, dat wordt dus vervelend:))
    Translated to say;

Not everyone has facebook and twitter, so that will be annoying :))

edited 03.07.2019
    This was/is the order of the weekly events

Mysterious Asia (Asia)
    Not Of This World (UFO)
    Hint Of Hawaii (Hawaii)
    Here's To Nature (Camping)
    Fairy Tale (Fairy Tale)

This was the last 5 months in order they showed up

Candy
    Viking
    Tropical
    Island
    Northern

Not sure if this order will remain the same
  • Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    edited 03.07.2019
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!  No event calendar....Really?
     WOW... GGS has officially peaked on laziness; inefficiency; and pure unabashed stupidity!
    How in the world could this move make any sense, ever, to anyone, in any universe?
    Well, at least your ever-aspiring level of incompetence never ceases to amaze.
    Awesome!  SMH... hahahahahahahahahahaeahaha......
  • 4 Hearts (US1)4 Hearts (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    In case nobody noticed, The post for the CC on Facebook was not posted until 5 minutes after the event started.  

If this is our new source of event notification we are all in deep water.  

With so many events constant, we need some form of order. Notification 5 minutes after an event has already started is not going to work.
  • WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    edited 03.07.2019
    @WiseWing, just curious, was this your idea?
    No, the idea came from GGS (as always). All moderators are just players. We just pass info from forums to GGS and vice versa. None of the moderators has any influence on decisions made in a company.
    edited 03.07.2019
    We also got a pop-up ingame announcing it starting soon a few hours a f t e r the CC had started. I was online when it started so know that the pop-up came after and not before.

Imagine, GGS had lots of time to get announcments working in time - wonder why they didn´t manage. 

• Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    I noticed the same thing, if that is the way they want to do it, then why bother sending notifications, just to see that the event already started, we all see what already started, no need or use for the notification,
    Most, if not all, events starts at around 1:00-1:30 am, sometimes even later (my time zone) by that time I am already went to sleep, unless I know if there is something starting, soo.... by the time I log in next morning, the event is already going,
    Well.... will see how this whole thing works out, but I don't like it the way it is going now,
  • Perhaps a one month boycott of all events by all co op's would be in order

• emmit69 (GB1)emmit69 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 15
    This is rubbish,not knowing what comes after this cc!
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    You can be guaranteed that the programmers are working on a very strict calendar and double that guarantee that the accounts department works on a calendar. But hey, let's not worry about the people who are footing the bills. Oh that's right, the customers don't count.
  • Maybe a count down timer showing the start of upcoming events layered over the matching building in parking lot area? Like the completion timer over buildings being upgraded in coop village.  Gamers can plan and no calendar.
  • PennyS (GB1)PennyS (GB1) GB1 Posts: 46
    They presumably hope we'll buy gold in order to catch up because we can't plan ahead,
    I for one won't be doing so and I hope nobody else does :)
    Hit them where it hurts; in their pockets
    They presumably hope we'll buy gold in order to catch up because we can't plan ahead,
    I for one won't be doing so and I hope nobody else does :)
    Hit them where it hurts; in their pockets
    Totally agree ;) Neither will I :)

But it does put every one on the same playing field.
     As we are all finding out about the events when we log into our games. For those night owls (graveyard shift) they may have an upper hand as they may be able to be on the game when the new event starts or is announced to begin. If they can get that right ;)) Other wise every one will be in the same boat. The biggest factors will be the time differences for the various servers all over the world. As a few, (AUS) comes to mind, have mentioned.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 04.07.2019
    what about the players that never log off, they will never see announcements, or player who logged on just before announcement so don't see it ether until next log on the next day.  Definitely NOT even playing ground  @Data King (US1)   So now we have to log out and back in every hour to see if there was an announcement

I for 1 log on in AM and don't log off until bed time, 16 hrs later  Which means if announcement was sent any time after I awake I do not see it until next day, TOO late.  I never even saw the announcement for CC at all as it was prob announced when I was online and was removed by next morning.  Announcement won't work or won't be fair way to communicate start times of upcoming event, unless at LEAST 2 days notice is given for most events, 1 week for FHWE.  Then at least daily player ALL have a chance to see announcement.

Due to Timezone differences, if 1 day notice is only given AU will Probably work out as only 12 hrs notice. 
    NOT ENOUGH TIME TO ORGANISE ANYTHING
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file