Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Communications Changes -- Discussion -- [Events Calendar]

Comments

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 01.07.2019
    Anyone knows exactly how much time the timer appeared for CC?

I've caught it at 24:36 minutes , but i was sleeping

Did it start higher than that?
     Not the exact time but I saw almost 26h. For sure less than 30h (previous time I was online). I noticed that this time the cc is starting 4h later than usual so the notice might have appeared maybe with 28h.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    edited 01.07.2019
    hmm and where are the Tweets about CC and Vikingfarm that should have been on the side menue of the Forum atleast yesterday? I do not use Facebook or Twitter so can´t check there and since I actually sleep during night and just got up I have no idea if there has been pop-ups.

I have a bad feeling about this. 

editing in: Or have we misunderstood, tweets will not show on the forum side menue?? If so then why have we not been told/corrected as we wrote comments including forum side menue in our comments?? *shakes head* this is not OK, we need much better communication+info about this all. Somebody knows the answer, please step forward!
    Post edited by Summer (SKN1) on
  • GOO (SKN1)GOO (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 240
    I liked the events calendar as well. You could at least see a bit what is coming and what is not. Please GGS bring it back!!!
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @mia111 (GB1)

Thank you very much for info :)

Yes, the 4 hour later than usual is interesting, I also wonder if this very CC, could be one of the rare 5 days CC!

That would be more than marvelous :)
  • Please put the calendar back in the game. 
    In a game that now has so many events it's absolutely dispiriting to have no ability to make an informed decision about which we might like to partake in.
    And... I think this move doesn't recognise that many (most?) players that have been playing for awhile play with STRATEGY (as much as we can in a click game) and no calendar reduces our ability to play like this! 
    If not as it was, then in some other form that serves the same purpose.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I'm relieved.

The obligation of keeping the calendar updated (Not Wabbits, but the one I maintained) was getting to be quite the headache with all the schedule changes, events popping up that weren't on the calendar to begin with, etc.

It was also one of the few things left that was tying me to the game.
    Oh my, I saw only Wabbits calender. Wonders where yours is/was. ?

While I am writing a new comment I wish to add the question that I edited in my comment 10:39 today. Thinking its not been read. 

"Or have we misunderstood, tweets will not show on the forum side menue?? If so then why have we not been told/corrected as we wrote comments including forum side menue in our comments?? *shakes head* this is not OK, we need much better communication+info about this all. Somebody knows the answer, please step forward!"
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Southern's calender was on the crazy big farm website.

I for one will miss it greatly.  It was a job well done.  Thank You Southern.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I'm relieved.

The obligation of keeping the calendar updated (Not Wabbits, but the one I maintained) was getting to be quite the headache with all the schedule changes, events popping up that weren't on the calendar to begin with, etc.

It was also one of the few things left that was tying me to the game.
    Between @WascallyWabbit 's & your calendars, they have always provided a big help even with all the changes & unannounced events thrown into the mix. Having some thing is better than nothing. ;)

Like your self @Southern (US1) I've been with the game a long time. So yes I do remember when there was no calendar, but there also was not so many events running in a month.
     All the weekly events started on the same day. There's was time in between them. After a while we knew the order they would run.
     The CC was once a month. Giving farmers time to restock, build up & get ready for the next one.
     The temp farms were every other month. Ran the full 30 days! Again farmers had time to stock up before the next one.

I do hope they rethink not providing some sort of a schedule for the monthly events. With as many events they wish to run in a given month, we do need some thing other than social media & or more in game pop ups to help us keep informed. If they are having troubles just communicating to the Mods/forum about the events. What makes them think they can keep it up on social media ??

There has been a couple of great idea's suggested.
     Really like the "Event Building" some thing similar to the "Trader Building". Showing all the regular run events, ie: Weekly, Bee/Sick Pig girls, Hunting & group events with start dates & length of them. Allowing special/season events to be a little surprise via in game pop up & social media announcements.
  • Brian22 (GB1)Brian22 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    GGS has obviously shown us all what they think of their customers (players). Any business that blatantly disregards their customers needs, doesn't remain in business long.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    GGS has obviously shown us all what they think of their customers (players). Any business that blatantly disregards their customers needs, doesn't remain in business long.
    6 years and they are still going :D 
    Due to us that still keep hoping :persevere: and linger on here. hmm
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Loved logging in this morning to be given a pop-up notice that the CC will start today. Guess what? It had already started more than 2 hours before I logged in. Which means there was NO advance notice. (ok there is a timer in-game for the CC, but most events won't have those)  Also, people who are already logged into the game will not even get that pop-up notice until they log out and back in. So for them the event will start with NO notice as well.

My second mission had no other players in it. I don't mean players shelved...I mean it was a solo.  Obviously less interest in the CC if this is happening already.

Seriously GGS needs to re-think this calendar thing.
  • Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    Not knowing when FHWE starts means if I am not lucky, I can't even participate in it, sometimes I don't get the Oysters spot for 2 days, then it takes time to fish them out, by the time I have Oysters the FHWE is almost over, at that time what is the point to even start the event!!!! I know I can skip it for gold, but I have better things to spend my gold on,
    Very disappointed not having the calendar, makes me think if I still want to play the game, might just fined a different game to play,
    I know nobody cares if I go, I just had to say it,
  • Terra1111 (US1)Terra1111 (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    edited 01.07.2019
    Interesting.  There's only a couple of events I care at all about, but I guess not any longer if I can't plan ahead, lol.
    Post edited by Terra1111 (US1) on
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    Todays popup about the CC games came hours after it started - For I was logged up and playing when it popped up - The timer however gave notice - I am not for hela timers all over the screen - its way to hard to see as it is - the sales popup come into dismay for me when I am in a mission and the time is nigh and 60 seconds counts between first place and third place two popups come on telling me I can get a points booster or by gold or get gold cheap - after I click them off screen I cant harvest fast enough to win now I have useless crops in the field of battle - Thanks for that -  However you play Relaxed - gungeho - or maniac gold pusher you need to have a plan when to up lvl things 15 to 30 hours really - you need to know when to step up to be ready for the chaos of the CC games - the tranquil of the Fishing Event - or when you can relax rearrange your farm and build decos or more coops - Just bring back the Calendar it gave us reason and planning - Minute man farming will not cut it even if you get used to it - No it wont -  
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    6 years and they are still going :D 
    Yes but there player base as dropped a lot !!
    Same here, the pop-up annnouncing CC starting soon came several hours after the CC had started. Not a good start for GGS when it comes to announcing events. *big sigh while shaking head* This can not continue! They need to get their act together. Can´t really believe they are happy about this either. But. It was their choice and they have had plenty of time to organize it.

And where is the announcement at the side menue? Or is that a misunderstanding = never ment to be?

• daisymae7 (US1)daisymae7 (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    Well, it's Monday and Wascally said he would take all the comments to GGS and just as suspected------ crickets
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    ah one must have patience... I am sure WW and all have taken all the comments to GGS and will respond when they are able! :)
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    My notice on Facebook for the CCE came AFTER I had already done my morning missions for the CCE. Wow, thanks for the headsup there, GGS
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I agree, there does not seem to be much forewarning about the event.  The announcement and the start of the event seems to coincide.  It would be nice to have at least 3 days advanced notice, maybe even 4 days.  If we get these event announcement just minutes or seconds before it starts, then these announcement are pretty useless and may even become irritating like it is when a multitude of add pop-ups occur during harvest of missions.  I realize that the mods do their best and may not get the start info until moments before the start of an event.  In this case maybe they could post an apology about not being able to get us the start info in a timely manner prior to the actual start of the event.  o:)
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 02.07.2019
    There was a popup about the CC?
    I never saw one.
    I had that logo thing at the top last night, though.
  • HaleyK4 (US1)HaleyK4 (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    Very disapointed that it is canceled. We need time to plan and get ready for events. You really need to re-think this.
  • HaleyK4 (US1)HaleyK4 (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    I also wanted to comment on we need the calendar to prep for some Events, like Fishing Hard worker and with us being a small co-op it helps to send out a heads-up on the weekly events to my lower level members so they can get a good jump on the event when it starts.
    I would think you would want us all to succeed and grow our farms instead of becoming frustrated on playing in the dark.
  • GrammyK (US1)GrammyK (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    I don't do social media so it won't help me with event announcements :(
    I dislike the amount of pop-ups they disrupt whatever I'm doing at the time.  So I just close them
    as fast as I can to continue farming. Certainly don't bother to read them.  I liked the calendar and
    didn't worry too much if some things started late or changed. Over all it gave us a good idea of
    what was happening. 
    GGs do need to get their priorities right. Like hire more programmers if their wish is to keep on developing new events/decorations/what not while doing what should be 1st priority: maintaining the game, clearing bugs, making an events calender that goes as planned aso everything that makes the game run with pleasure. From what I see they do not have enough staff to do both. Next: organize internal communication so lefthand is in sink with righthand so planned things work as planned. Further more make sure communication with the mods and players is up to speed. Essentials for a serious company.

If hiring more staff is out of the question then they do have to stop pushing for new events till they see that they have time for it.

My thoughts :wink:
  • Hello' Where the July Calendar of Events?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    No pop-up, just an announcement that we get when we log on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file