Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Communications Changes -- Discussion -- [Events Calendar]

Comments

• Feej (GB1)Feej (GB1) GB1 Posts: 7
    I really hope they reconsider this. The calendar is so useful.
  • Sharkie (GB1)Sharkie (GB1) GB1 Posts: 57
    So I have to join Social media now and endure more pop ups then I do already in order to have an idea when and what events are coming up, are you kidding me? Do you think a pop up is going to help us prepare for the FHW, need a week at least and that is the only HW event I even participate in lately. The rest are rubbish. Big mistake!
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.06.2019
    WascallyWabbit had done a great job in devising the calendar of event and I understand the frustration of keeping it all up to date, especially with all the new events that are bombarding our game play.  But this I say, let there be a modified calendar of events which show the schedule and time lines of: 1) CC; 2) Temp Farms; 3) Horse League; 4) FHWE; 5) Village Fair; 6) CHWE.

Surely, the Calendar of Events maker can keep track of 6 to maybe 10 events.  Let all the other events "fly by the wayside" and be like a surprise for us: Fishbowl event, Mushroom/Candy/Squash hunting events; Alien/Hawaii/Camping Events; Pleasure Park event; standard HWE; Oktoberfest; WWC event; Shenki School event and other cultural type events.

In the event that the calendar maker has trouble keeping up with 10 events maybe 5 or 6 events might be all that is needed for us to be happy in our planning processes.  Thank you for considering this suggestion.
  • sultan6 (INT1)sultan6 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 49
    I have a suggestion
    There is a vote for whoever wants to return the calendar and who does not respond
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 30.06.2019
    Clearly some of you did not read my previous post or you have very short memories. :/

Exxy, we have seen your feedback on the calendar issue, it is not necessary to keep repeating it nor to criticize the feedback from other posters.

To everyone that flagged Exxy (or anyone else) - Enough with the flags, you all know that they are not for posts that are mildly rude, they are to alert the mods to posts with extremely offensive content.

Your posts are being left (for now) but all flags are being removed, if you continue to pick at each other, we will start removing posts & giving warnings.

@Xcution (INT1) Its ok if lots people have the same opinion, the team want your feedback & if that means that most people say the same thing, so be it, it just shows that a majority of players feel the same way. :)

[EDIT: Some posts have now been removed to keep the peace.]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • TomKat57 (US1)TomKat57 (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    Amen. A moving target is better than no target at all.

I do hope someone is listening and fix this.

We need the planning time.

• AmazingMurphy (GB1)AmazingMurphy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 572
    edited 30.06.2019
    Sorry, slightly off track, but seemed strangely appropriate!  Just listening to some classic old guns'n'roses - track civil war - opening line "what we have here is failure to communicate" 

GGS turn that radio on! 
  • TaMiea (US1)TaMiea (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    PLEASE BRING THIS BACK! We need it.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    I have a suggestion
    There is a vote for whoever wants to return the calendar and who does not respond
    It is a good thought! Unfortunately and most likely in vain because GGS have made up their mind. If they were interested to hear their customers thoughts then they would have started a voting/hearing all by themself.

Keep smiling :smile:
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I find it somewhat ironic that we are still talking about GGS' lack of commitment to communication.
    I recall a couple of years ago some uproar from the players about all the bugs and the lack of planning /communication from GGS. It got really bad on the forum much like it is with this change. Dennis Schultz (the Executive Producer of Big Farm at the time) apologized and assured us they would do better. He even started to communicate via video... Then he did nothing more ever again. Not a word..

Well he is no longer in charge of planning for Big Farm, and heck he didn't keep his word anyway. So of course GGS doesn't feel obliged to keep the communication promise either. 

The mods always try to keep us in the loop, and I suspect GGS got tired of the mods asking for a list of planned events.

The guy at the top has a plan, he dictates to the team what his plans are and then the poor programming guy tries to get everything ready to meet that plan while still trying to fix the bugs from the last run and create new content. But even more problems happen, unforeseen bugs on that last new content, and suddenly the timeline has to shift. So instead of communicating this to us, GGS says "we aren't going to tell you, you'll get it when you get it."

Although I would prefer to know when things are going to happen, for the most part I am ok without a calendar. I'm really not that into most events.  Except for the FHWE where you need several days of oysters to even start that event. If the re-work of deep sea fishing makes the pools less random, then even that may be fine too.

Thank you mods for trying to keep us informed. Sorry to see GGS renege on their promises yet again.
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    I take full responsibility for our co-op in that I would like to tell GGS that they are stinky and slimy for removing the calendar   :s

I still don't know why we are being reminded about the CC ?

I do agree with everything that Summer has had to say, thank you Summer   :)

Thank you to our moderators, you guys try and do a wondrful job without much support   
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Personally, I think this is all about old fashioned greed.

If we cant plan they are hoping we will spend, spend, spend on gold to play catch up.  I'm sure some will, and in some instances I can see why players would choose to do that - BUT (in caps as its a very big but!) for the vast majority we wont be spending any extra - probably less in fact as the game becomes less and less enjoyable and the harsh reality is it worth spending several hundred gold coins to get one place higher and a reward of another 10 cow feed?

OK, so we will end up with less rewards/prizes etc., but if we are not going to bother with the events as we cant plan for them does it matter.

Honest opinion = GGS have well and truly shot themselves in the foot - and its going to take more than a band-aid to fix 

I have to totally agree with you, the game is growing old anyway, all the fun as been taken away by diluting of prizes, the greed as over taken the game and players are more wiser than GGS gives us credit for.
  • 4 Hearts (US1)4 Hearts (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    I would like to say I really liked having the Event calendar.  It gave me a chance to send an email to the co-op explaining the event, a day or so before it would start, to help new players understand each event.  Please don't take that away. 
  • janajana (GB1)janajana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 34
    YES for calendar !!!

Game changed and now is impossible to play  without planning.
    We did not have so many events 2 years ago and as we all can see, we get more of them each month.
    When I pick ONLY coop events, we have now coop championships 3-4x per month, 1-2x coop hard work events, 1-2x village fairs.
    Any of this events we can't play fully without knowing beforehand.
    I believe coop events are the reason, why we don't have calendar anymore. 
    I think you made a bad decision.. Do not provide us with informations doesn't give you more money from us, from my experience it will lead to exactly opposite result. 

As a coop leader I see, how much is important to know what we can and want to do next month. It helps to keep people happy and play this game with no stress.
    Maybe it is a surprise for GGS, but that is the reason, why we are here.
    We want to be happy, we are not looking for more stress.
    We want to enjoy healthy competition and we are willing to pay for our entertainment. 
    It was described many times here, people are leaving coops, because they can't bear this stress anymore. And not knowing is a stress for most of us.
    With calendar we know what to do and we can decide which event we will participate in ( yes, even gold players) and which we are going to skip. Event what we pick, we play fully and we look forward to it.

With no calendar, we can't be sure we will be ready to compete , or we miss the start...then...why compete at all? It is quite expensive to catch up your competition if you are behind, so logic says...let it go, you can do it next time , which will be in few days, if we don't miss the beginning again lol.

One more surprising news for GGS - NO ONE is looking for more pop-ups, we don't like them .If I can speak for myself, I ignore them completely.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Anyone knows exactly how much time the timer appeared for CC?

I've caught it at 24:36 minutes , but i was sleeping

Did it start higher than that?
  • @Seeker1 (US1)Snce they're gonna rework the DSF, I wonder if any amount of fair notice will help with preparing for future-revised FHWE.   We'll see.  

New building: Events Center, would be a great idea.   Me likey! B

I was trying for quotes but messed it up.  I think this is a very good idea, Seeker,  and you're right: if ggs is going to revamp the dsf, we'll see if maybe oysters will become less rare.  Maybe we won't need the calendar to start preparing two weeks in advance.  

if a calendar is impractical, maybe an events building would work better.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I wonder what people think of a full 48 hour kind of countdown like CC's for a few , some , or all events?

2 days preparation seems okay no?

I'm only looking for thoughts on that idea
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 01.07.2019
    FHWE needs at least 1 week notice, some players would like more than that.  All other event I think 48 hrs notice is ok

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • u think (US1)u think (US1) US1 Posts: 39
    I agree with all who have stated a disappoint to these changes.  Once upon a time, we use to have the CC come once a month, then it came twice a month.  A growing Cooperative was able to put in a Cooperative Mission in between the CC.  Coop members were able to re-stock, re-improve their farms etc.  Then all went crazy, events coming out of our yin yang.. so many that they are now over lapping.  But we as players accepted all these crazy events with a Calendar to know when & what was coming.  Not having this Calendar to go by,  planning your own Cooperative Mission will be a little more difficult.  
    Another thing, players moving coop to coop.. and when is the VF coming into play....  etc.    
    Here is a thought, maybe us players should plan the month calendar.. then give to Mods to give to Programmers.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 01.07.2019
    I have noticed tho later start time for CC, I am hoping that this means that start time are going to start rotating, lets hope
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    A calendar is an absolute must in all cases. It is one thing in life that we all rely upon for one thing or another.

How would you be if you rocked up to work on Tuesday morning and the boss said "Where were you yesterday?" And then you answered "But boss, you didn't give me a calendar and I thought I was rostered off". Or maybe Saturday night, you have a hot date and you turn up only to find you have two hot dates because you didn't have a calendar to remind you of who you invited and when. Yeah, I know, some people might say that's a bonus.  :):):)

Having a calender means being able to plan and in this game there are too many variables that you need to be able to plan. For those saying it creates a level playing field. How is that different to everyone having the same planning time available as everyone else?

• The varying times of players around the world - work, sleep and play
    • The sheer number of events GGS are throwing at us
    • Planning, not just the FHWE because it really takes the most, but how about those long upgrades. Try doing without your windmill when there are back to back events running and you have no idea when you will get a chance.
    No doubt you could add to this list, but the point is made quite clear. A calendar is a necessary item.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 01.07.2019
    With all the chatter about needing days/weeks to prepare for FHWE,
    and with HWE ending in approximately 3 hours from when I post this,
    and with a change in the start time of CC (4 hours later than usual),
    now would be a perfect time for them (GGS) to sneak attack us and start the FHWE after this HWE ends. >:)

• Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    WascallyWabbit had done a great job in devising the calendar of event and I understand the frustration of keeping it all up to date, especially with all the new events that are bombarding our game play.  But this I say, let there be a modified calendar of events which show the schedule and time lines of: 1) CC; 2) Temp Farms; 3) Horse League; 4) FHWE; 5) Village Fair; 6) CHWE.

Surely, the Calendar of Events maker can keep track of 6 to maybe 10 events.  Let all the other events "fly by the wayside" and be like a surprise for us: Fishbowl event, Mushroom/Candy/Squash hunting events; Alien/Hawaii/Camping Events; Pleasure Park event; standard HWE; Oktoberfest; WWC event; Shenki School event and other cultural type events.

In the event that the calendar maker has trouble keeping up with 10 events maybe 5 or 6 events might be all that is needed for us to be happy in our planning processes.  Thank you for considering this suggestion.
    Would've been nice if we knew, in advance, if there is going to be a Jap memory school sheduled during upcoming CC (Where's the pop up???) .. Really NOT HAPPY.. And.. I won't be waiting around BF to see what they will concoct next
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @Seeker1 (US1)

Love that clip... Hope the captain never gets to see it the right way up..  :)

If GGS sneak in an FHWE without warning, I guarantee I am one player who will not spend gold on the event. For me, 90% of the event is in the planning. It is not just about gathering enough oysters.
  • @Seeker1 (US1) that would be insane, so I guess we should start expecting it to start in 4 hrs...lol
  • FromPol (FR1)FromPol (FR1) FR1 Posts: 1,712
    Hello,

Events overlap as recently the pleasure park and the CHWE.
    GGS often say that a lot of events and so we can choose between them. But how choose if I don't know that another event will begin one day after.
    I prefer some events like pleasure park to HWE. If there is nothing else, I wil play HWE the best possible, and then I can be informed that the pleasure park will begin, too bad :-(
    For playing pleasure park, I prefer to have my stock at their maximum, so 2 days is not enough.
    Calendar with information for the 2 weeks to come up have been a good thing.

have a good play,
  • I agree with all who have stated a disappoint to these changes.  Once upon a time, we use to have the CC come once a month, then it came twice a month.  A growing Cooperative was able to put in a Cooperative Mission in between the CC.  Coop members were able to re-stock, re-improve their farms etc.  Then all went crazy, events coming out of our yin yang.. so many that they are now over lapping.  But we as players accepted all these crazy events with a Calendar to know when & what was coming.  Not having this Calendar to go by,  planning your own Cooperative Mission will be a little more difficult.  
    Another thing, players moving coop to coop.. and when is the VF coming into play....  etc.    
    Here is a thought, maybe us players should plan the month calendar.. then give to Mods to give to Programmerms.
    Ok my idea of a good monthly plan (to suit GGS as well as the players, although most players, including myself would like less) would be:

1 x temp farm
    1 x horse season

The usual weekly nature, asia etc 

1 x gf food truck or ff wedding planner

1 x chwe
    1 x vf
    2 x cc (only to keep a coop event each week)

1 x hwe
    1 x fhwe

0 x pp until they extend the stalls to 8 hours

Also, something unique each month, Oktoberfest in October, Valentines event in February, Chinese New Year, St. Patricks Day, plus some new one for the months not covered to start on 1st and run up to but not over the date of the real life event.  So some would be really short and other last nearly the whole month.

And here is the really easy bit - start them on the same date of every month - no need for a calendar then!  (Dates given are for example only) So the cc's always start on say 6th and 20th, the fhwe on 9th, temp farms always start on 1st so do the horse seasons and run for 28 days.

Then they could throw in a few random events along the way, goldfish rescue, mushroom hunt etc as 'surprises', which if done correctly would encourage players to spend on gold.

How easy is that - on everyone.  Would give players the chance to plan and not be overloaded and actually enjoy the game (happy players are more likely to spend), would give GGS programmers the time to finally work on the bug fixes the game so badly needs, fix poor old Lester too, and maybe even develop some new events that would work first time, and would give GGS support the time to work on their 'backlog'  - so simple!

• @AmazingMurphy (GB1)  you're amazing, you even remembered to mention Lester, my best mate.
  • Hnita (US1)Hnita (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    the viking farm started, no twitter, nothing on fb. Is this the way it is going to be?
  • mazz36 (AU1)mazz36 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1
    Being only a relatively new farmer i was just getting the hang of using the calendar and planning my FHWE's, but as i don't have Facebook or a twit account i guess i will just rely on a community manager to let me know via one of the maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany in game pop ups.:) or like everyone else now, we will be online 24/7 to make sure we don't miss a thing, don't miss a thing!
    How narrow minded GGS!!  
    There must be a better way even if the monthly calendar isn't working....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file