Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Communications Changes -- Discussion -- [Events Calendar]

Comments

• Not having a calendar will certainly even out the playing field.

Let's have some fun, grab a hold of this new/old opportunity and see where it takes you.

We are no longer slaves to the ticking of the clock or the ring of a bell..

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself."

Let your hair grow, share the love  and Farm On!!

Brownie
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    That's all well and good, but we still need a great deal of advance if we're planning to do the FHWE, unless you enjoy watching your oysters rot at the dock for weeks at a time.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Not having a calendar will certainly even out the playing field.

Let's have some fun, grab a hold of this new/old opportunity and see where it takes you.

We are no longer slaves to the ticking of the clock or the ring of a bell..

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself."

Let your hair grow, share the love  and Farm On!!

Brownie
    Now we will be slaves to jumping to and from the forum searching for news to when something will start.

A thought - have you ever seen a wild thing happy?

Cheers ;) 
  • Hi everyone,

As a feedback thread, we welcome ALL opinions, negative or positive, please be respectful of each others comments, even if they do not agree with your own. Your posts should be about your opinions on the removal of the events calendar & not criticizing other people's opinions.

Play nice!
    Thankyou :)
  • JudyMc88 (US1)JudyMc88 (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    When I started 4 years ago the only notice of an event was the vehicle in the parking lot.  We all survived without advance notice.  I am always 6 hours behind anyway.  Kudos to the programmers for a delightful game :D
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 30.06.2019
    @JudyMc88 (US1) the difference is 4 years ago, there was only 1/3 the amount of events, to try to organise for.  4 years ago, you knew that CC was once a month, there was no VF, no PP, FHWE may have been there, but no CHWE, no wedding planner, no food truck.     Many other have been added that I can not think of ATM.

A lot has changed in that 4 years now calendar is critical to players who are on for 12-14 hrs a day as well as co ops to organise player for CC and VF and these are the players they need to keep happy (these are more likely to have  subs and buy gold), A lot a talking about leaving the game, some have already gone, crazy leaving yet as GGS may wake up and smell the roses, others are already cancelling subscription ready to leave.

4 years ago, the parking lot could only hold 4 spaces, then upgrade to 8 then 16 now they made a building to combine traders so they have more room for event.  That is how much it has changed in 4 years, with events in progress.  This month there were 24 events squeezed into 30 days that is nearly an event starting every day.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • BillJohn (US1)BillJohn (US1) US1 Posts: 78
    It is not a big issue either way for me, although I do like to be able to see what is coming up and if conflicts exist, decide what to focus on.  Previous comments suggested adding countdown timers which makes sense to me. Maybe the timers could be shown on the world map and cover a week in advance.  I feel the notification system planned is of little value to me as I no longer use Facebook, and have never used Twitter.  

I'm unsure what the reason may be for the change.  Some posts here seem to suggest it is a fairness issue.  To me, with or without a schedule of upcoming events will not address that issue.  To make the cooperatives more competitive entails making them more equal in abilities.  One way of doing this is by making the game a more realistic economic simulation game by some random chance events on the farms such as fires to buildings, floods and droughts resulting in reduced yields, etc.  These should only start to happen at a very high experience level.  Along with these natural disasters, Steve could return as the local insurance agent in the parking lot!  

Just my thoughts.  Thank you for taking the time to read.

It is not a big issue either way for me, although I do like to be able to see what is coming up and if conflicts exist, decide what to focus on.  Previous comments suggested adding countdown timers which makes sense to me. Maybe the timers could be shown on the world map and cover a week in advance.  I feel the notification system planned is of little value to me as I no longer use Facebook, and have never used Twitter.  

I'm unsure what the reason may be for the change.  Some posts here seem to suggest it is a fairness issue.  To me, with or without a schedule of upcoming events will not address that issue.  To make the cooperatives more competitive entails making them more equal in abilities.  One way of doing this is by making the game a more realistic economic simulation game by some random chance events on the farms such as fires to buildings, floods and droughts resulting in reduced yields, etc.  These should only start to happen at a very high experience level.  Along with these natural disasters, Steve could return as the local insurance agent in the parking lot!  

Just my thoughts.  Thank you for taking the time to read.

Interesting, but I personally don't need any disasters coming up without warning -- it's bad enough when a building gets pranked during Golden Week -- LOL!  I feel like we have enough disasters caused by the all the bugs. :)

When I started 4 years ago the only notice of an event was the vehicle in the parking lot.  We all survived without advance notice.  I am always 6 hours behind anyway.  Kudos to the programmers for a delightful game :D
    I can see what you're saying, but 4 years ago we didn't need a heads up -- the CCs were once a quarter, the horse tournaments were every other month, there were only 3 three themed events, etc. And nothing ran on top of something else -- plus we'd have time off in between. The CM communicated with us regularly to tell us in advance when something was about to show up. Now it's a constant bombardment, and some of the more competitive coops need to plan.  I don't care so much, except for the FHWE which does need advanced planning.  I can easily skip everything else. :)
    Here we go!

edited 30.06.2019
    @artful (US1) cool I hope the mods pass on your Almanac to GGS....lol  I hope you have a 2020 edition in the making
    @artful (US1) cool I hope the mods pass on your Almanac to GGS....lol  I hope you have a 2020 edition in the making
    I don't think I'll bother. The weather keeps changing!  LOL!

• catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    Game is becoming impossible to play with pop ups in way all time. Specially on timed events.
    Calendar was only good thing on forum for players.
    Dont use twitter. FB for contacting family etc ignore 99% stuff on there.
    So guess only thing really keeps me playing FHW, will now be waste time as well as needs planning ahead and not on very often. Cant have em sitting month at time in case FHW turns up.

• Jacc (GB1)Jacc (GB1) GB1 Posts: 89
    I think it is a great shame that the events calendar has been removed and I hope that GGS will give us reasonable notice before events are due to start. I have found it to be extremely useful in the past and will miss this information. 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    So we have no idea what will start after the HW tomorrow in the middle of the night?

This is absolutely insane.  This is extremely disrespectful to players, who have stayed with GGS through good times and bad times.
  • Overall I think we need to look at both sides.  I see long-standing players react vehemently against this new decision of GGS, and also a moderating view from other long-standing players.  This new outcome seems to be from a platform of posturing that has occurred by extremely high-powered co-ops who want to have the game channelled to their advantage, and also from lower level co-ops who have thought they were using the preparation for the same reason.  Because it is now a level playing field strategy is going to have to be defined in a new way.  How will you prepare your farmers within a co-op to be the best they can be to help your co-op achieve greater heights.  Look at the possibilities ahead now.  We have had to do this with all new introduced events.  We all agree there is gold-greed happening by GGS, but surely we can side-step some of this and work out more intelligent systems.  No doubt I will get some 'hate' responses, but I'm here to play a game that is to be enjoyed.  Good luck to low level and high level co-ops equally.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    CM-Arjuna may be the first CM who got this much lol ( i saw his first post and 38 lol's only )

isnt it great for him as a starter ahahha
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102
    Does this mean whe will get less events? Well afcourse because the animo for playing all the many many events will be reduced...

GGS READ: reducing animo will result in reducing profits!! 

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Perhaps some events could have a timer countdown until they start, like the do with the CC. Maybe a 3 day countdown, something like that?
  • Instead of starting major events like HW in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping, start them in the morning when most farmers are doing their morning harvest, when everything is ready
    edited 30.06.2019
    New temp farms starts tomorrow, what will it be, Tropical or Viking?  I guess no 24 hrs notice for it.
  • Faranth2 (AU1)Faranth2 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 318
    Very disappointed to see the calendar go. Always let my co-op know when events are starting/finishing. As others have said, very difficult to do the FHWE without several days warning of the start date. Pop-ups are a nuisance; frequently occur when you are harvesting against a time factor. Please GGS, reconsider. Even with mistakes/changes, the calendar is still a better idea then pop-ups.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    cant believe on you guys they need your opinion when they dont need to listen what we said to them 

and @all you are going to say the same thing (lol represent) a wise shopkeper know how  their customers are reacting on the live forum yet they want to listen their  voices and the vioces are speaking the same 

4 pages are full yet mods neeed to listen more feed back its trully amazing yeah  its trully  amazing 
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    how ridiculous
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    I will also miss the calendar, it didn't matter that the events were changed ... some idea was better than nothing. 

From the announcement it sounded like at best we may receive about 1-2 hours notice before an event starts, this isn't much warning to plan for most of the events due to production times. A 24 hour or 12 hour notice maybe manageable. However, more pop-ups ... please no ... they are so annoying and slow the game down too much already. 

The choice seems to be between random play vs strategic play ... so is this a strategy game or not? I dislike the fishing pools because they are so annoyingly random they make planning impossible. Personally I like the strategic aspect of this game which means pre-planning what to do and then being able to succeed at events because you have planned for them. With so many events & the schedule not being the same month-to-month there is a built in randomness that adds to the strategy when you have some idea what is coming in the days/weeks to come. Also if GGS are going for random gameplay (which a couple of hours notice is) then it is illogical to have an advance time notice for the CC but no other event, especially the other cooperative events such as CHWE & Village fair. 

• sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    The fact is, if you work you have to set your farm up for the coming events or you don't stand a chance.  All that means is I will be playing less events.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Please keep the calendar for events like the horse leagues, the temp farms.  Especially the temp farms since they require a building slot to start them.  Knowing well in advance as to when these temp farms start helps me plan my usage of the building slot on my permanent farms (Main, Gourmet, Flower).  For instance right now my regular building slot is busy for the next 33 hrs.  If you (Team) are going to do this to us (taking away our ability to plan wisely), then please, please put a building slot (one that we don't have to pay tons of gold for) that is dedicated to the temp farms.
  • I agree with most if not all the comments about deleting the events calendar. I already get enough pop-ups before I can start farming, and while farming. I and others in the coop do check the forum quite often just for the event calendar. I do not have a Facebook account and will not start one. Is GGS getting a kickback from Facebook?
    After 5 years of farming am seriously thinking about quitting.
    GGS, you need to rethink this matter!
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    From what I understand so far, our concerns are that strategy and planing will be ruled out, made impossible. Events aso will be thrown upon us with little fore notice in pop-ups (cluttering up and hindering gameplay)  and at Facebook+Twitter (+ side menue at the forum). 

GGS could and should have prevented this guessing game by being more explicit in their announcement. But chose not to. As usuaul they keep us hanging, wondering and invite to comments of worry at the Forum. If it weren´t for us they wouldn´t have a job so wisen up GGS and show your customers respect and acknowledge that they (we) are real human beings and not pawns to play with as you please. You want our money. Then make sure that we are happy. That it is possible to play this game.

I do wonder how long it will take before they find that all the announcing will take too much of their time ..... and things go bump in the night. They have not proven to be reliable in the past. Unfortunately. Can we believe they will be now?
  • Personally, I think this is all about old fashioned greed.

If we cant plan they are hoping we will spend, spend, spend on gold to play catch up.  I'm sure some will, and in some instances I can see why players would choose to do that - BUT (in caps as its a very big but!) for the vast majority we wont be spending any extra - probably less in fact as the game becomes less and less enjoyable and the harsh reality is it worth spending several hundred gold coins to get one place higher and a reward of another 10 cow feed?

OK, so we will end up with less rewards/prizes etc., but if we are not going to bother with the events as we cant plan for them does it matter.

Honest opinion = GGS have well and truly shot themselves in the foot - and its going to take more than a band-aid to fix the wound.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file