Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Communications Changes -- Discussion -- [Events Calendar]

Comments

• sirali (US1)sirali (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    calender is very useful of all farmer and team , because every one plan and choice event.without calender with dont now when event strat because 24/7 we not in the game , no one can do that. but if calender we now that today which event start we wait and plan i think it s is very bad discison if u cancel calender because then we all have to think either we play or quit game , 
    we need calender must ...
    consider agin 
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    I remember playing the game long before there was a calendar.  The thing is, there was only one CC every 3 months or so, no HWEs at all, horse season was every other month, same as temp islands, the weekly event (Asia, camping, etc) started on the same day every week, and although you didn't know which one was going to appear, necessarily, at least you knew one would be starting.  With the amount of never ending events now, it is very important to know when each event is starting when, particularly the HWEs and CCs in order to prepare.  Of course, if this is just a money grab, as others here have suggested, then little we say will change anything.  What it will do is drive people from the game, stop some from spending $$ on subscriptions and gold, and make people like me, simply stop doing timed events (apart from the weekly ones).  
  • i use the calendar to plan myUPGRADES !!!!!!
    i look at calendar and make sure there is NO co op event taking place when i make certain upgrades,  for i want to help the coop out the best i can

how hard is it to post a calendar - u already know what and when u r gonna have events so post the calendar

NO more POP-UPS
    the pop ups r getting ridiculous

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Too many people griping about it, I guess.
    I know I would be discouraged if i was the one making it.
    -
    sigh
    This game is becoming less fun.
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    Quote (unkown)  : 
    “Every act done, no matter how insignificant, will eventually return to the doer with equal impact. Good will be returned with good; greed with greed.” 

And we all know that Greedy Game Studios will ignore us.

Thank you to the moderators that are trying to help us .... thank you  
    :)

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 29.06.2019
    Yeah, Constantly complaining to a company, will rarely get them to listen ( Some people are doing it very aggresively here )

Go to any business and complain about everything, and find anything to complain about

Companies knows how to identify what Type of customer you are

There is Great / Good / Average / Bad / Awful customers ( I'll let everyone pick which category they are part of )

I know perfectly what is mine :)

Just a little note, ( Its not because you paid, or you pay, that it gives you all rights , a little bit more comprehension and respect goes a long way )

Have a good day
    Yeah, Constantly complaining to a company, will rarely get them to listen ( Some people are doing it very aggresively here )

Go to any business and complain about everything, and find anything to complain about

Companies knows how to identify what Type of customer you are

There is Great / Good / Average / Bad / Awful customers ( I'll let everyone pick which category they are part of )

I know perfectly what is mine :)

Just a little note, ( Its not because you paid, or you pay, that it gives you all rights , a little bit more comprehension and respect goes a long way )

Have a good day
    Ahh but customer is king... you have to keep them happy to keep the business running, And when customers get unhappy ... the business will gradually get unhappy.  There are so many similar games looking for players.  
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    I must be one of a very few that thinks the ditching of the calendar is a good idea.

I have always thought it was a unfair advantage to know when a event is starting and be able to plan.

Also it'll mean less moaning about the cc frequency :D as it wont be in black and white ( which is probably the real reason for ditching the calendar )

Do you really think there will be less comments about the frequency of CCs aso just because there is no calender ? Anything annoying, puzzling, questionable is and always will find its way to the forum in threads. So why should this be any different?

Guess you do not have a family or job or something that makes it important to be able to plan ahead? 

Unfair advantage? Not as long as everbody gets i.e the calender. Everybody gets the same advantage that way. It is up to them to make sure to check the calender, if not then its their own fault because they had the advantage and didn´t use it. Nothing unfair about the calender from what I see.

Cheers :) 
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    Since most of the important events start during the hours when I am sleeping, or should be sleeping,
    removing the calendar doesn't have much impact on me.   For me, the event starts when I am able to log and play.

Yet I do believe, co-op related events, such as CC, CHWE, VF, should be given fair notice as to when they start so that leaders/deputies can set co-op boosters.

The Cooperative Championship has a countdown timer.  Please consider adding a countdown timer to other co-op related events such as CHWE and VF.

Thanks for your consideration.  :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 29.06.2019
    Since most of the important events start during the hours when I am sleeping, or should be sleeping,
    removing the calendar doesn't have much impact on me.   For me, the event starts when I am able to log and play.

Yet I do believe, co-op related events, such as CC, CHWE, VF, should be given fair notice as to when they start so that leaders/deputies can set co-op boosters.

The Cooperative Championship has a countdown timer.  Please consider adding a countdown timer to other co-op related events such as CHWE and VF.

EXCEPT, since so many events run concurrently, this means we'll have even more countdown timers on the screens -- which already is so cluttered that it makes play really difficult. 
  • mzbrittol (US1)mzbrittol (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    I absolutely loved the calendar! As a co-op leader this let me plan projects around events so that I do not have a major project going on during a HWE. Taking the calendar away in my opinion is a mistake and it seems to be upsetting a lot of other players. A lot of our members take the HWE very seriously, a pop up is ridiculous and inconvenient. 

That is a two way street Exxy (INT1), a little bit more comnprehension and respect for the custommers would go a longer way. No happy customers, no earning, business closed. Gamers have endlessly reached out their hands seeking answers, reasons, giving suggestions in hope of establishing communication with GGS. But they haven´t seemed to be bothered devoting any time on communicating with their customers. Where is the respect in that?

GGS has made what was a pleasurable game where the players were heard and got answers, were happy, into a game full of pressure, bugs, lag and extremely little/no communication with the customers. Where is the comprehension and respect from their side? Total no-show tbh. Which ofc, when finally understood, turns their customers away from them. They have been on a "bad for business" track way too long. Patience and excuses are all used up.

I don´t know how things work in your country, but here in Scandinavia my business would be foreclosed rapidly if I threated my customers in that maner. Fact of life.

EXCEPT, since so many events run concurrently, this means we'll have even more countdown timers on the screens -- which already is so cluttered that it makes play really difficult. 

They could put the event countdown-timers on the worldmap screen, which I rarely visit-- only to see how much time is left on temp farms, hehehe.  

There was no calendar before, then we had an in-game calendar which didn't last very long, then our present forum-based calendar has worked great up until now.
    I don't think I would follow FB and/or Twitter, every day, just to check when an event would start.  I like to keep things simple.

That is a two way street Exxy (INT1), a little bit more comnprehension and respect for the custommers would go a longer way. No happy customers, no earning, business closed. Gamers have endlessly reached out their hands seeking answers, reasons, giving suggestions in hope of establishing communication with GGS. But they haven´t seemed to be bothered devoting any time on communicating with their customers. Where is the respect in that?

GGS has made what was a pleasurable game where the players were heard and got answers, were happy, into a game full of pressure, bugs, lag and extremely little/no communication with the customers. Where is the comprehension and respect from their side? Total no-show tbh. Which ofc, when finally understood, turns their customers away from them. They have been on a "bad for business" track way too long. Patience and excuses are all used up.

I don´t know how things work in your country, but here in Scandinavia my business would be foreclosed rapidly if I threated my customers in that maner. Fact of life.

Well said Summer  .. Thank you  :)  I was still trying to put that down in a post and you just did  :D
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514

I think the biggest issue is the FHWE.  A few days notice is very helpful for this one because it starts with oysters and they are few and far between. The countdown timer is a great fix accept for it cluttering up an already cluttered screen.  I think a building like the trade center for current gold offers and specials would clear that clutter and make room for more than one timer if needed. 
  • I think GGs would do a better job trying to encourage new people to play this game rather than drive the old ones away, I play on different servers so know the problems faced by others. Respect would be nice GGs rather than thinking new ways to fleece us, I used to spend a lot on gold now it's almost nil due to being able to plan my game, if GGs thinks this will make me spend more on gold you are dreaming I just will not take part in tasks and still enjoy my farming. 

Where have you shown a little bit of respect?

You blame them for pressure , ( in the end, you can play the game at the pace YOU want , at all times )

You blame them for bugs , ( Majority of things works perfectly fine , even if there is couple very meaningless minor bugs , that are always forwarded/adressed by moderators , as soon as they are talked about , fixes are not always imminent because its no instant button to fix them )

You blame them for lag , I've had 0 problems of lag in quite a while , maybe some very minor delays and such when there was a lot of events, but nothing game-breaking

You blame them for little to no communication , which is just false, Just look at all moderators trying their best to answer everything ( I see many Moderators posts on many varied topics )

Maybe I'm biased, because i seem to like their decisions , I like diversity, i like new events, i like different setups , i like to be able to adapt to changes , i like challenging stuff , i like to think about best ways to be efficient , i like to play , and i guess their direction fits what I'm looking for

I think the biggest issue is the FHWE.  A few days notice is very helpful for this one because it starts with oysters and they are few and far between. The countdown timer is a great fix accept for it cluttering up an already cluttered screen.  I think a building like the trade center for current gold offers and specials would clear that clutter and make room for more than one timer if needed. 
    Since they're gonna rework the DSF, I wonder if any amount of fair notice will help with preparing for future-revised FHWE.   We'll see. :)

New building: Events Center, would be a great idea.   Me likey! B)
  • I HATE pop-ups!  I need two weeks' notice for fhwe.  I am considering cancelling my subscription.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I must be one of a very few that thinks the ditching of the calendar is a good idea.

I have always thought it was a unfair advantage to know when a event is starting and be able to plan.

Also it'll mean less moaning about the cc frequency :D as it wont be in black and white ( which is probably the real reason for ditching the calendar )
    I'm not sure how it is an unfair advantage when everyone has access to the calendar.  I think the only event that will be drastically effected is the FHWE . You really need to know when thats starting or you cannot be successful.  It will be interesting to see how it goes.
    edited 29.06.2019
    Thats what i was thinking too @Seeker1 (US1)

@Big Beck (US1) I agree

I expect a new category appearing in the FHWE 125+ or something? Sometimes in the future

So that would make a bit more winners :)

Post edited by Exxy (INT1) on

Where have you shown a little bit of respect?

You blame them for pressure , ( in the end, you can play the game at the pace YOU want , at all times )

You blame them for bugs , ( Majority of things works perfectly fine , even if there is couple very meaningless minor bugs , that are always forwarded/adressed by moderators , as soon as they are talked about , fixes are not always imminent because its no instant button to fix them )

You blame them for lag , I've had 0 problems of lag in quite a while , maybe some very minor delays and such when there was a lot of events, but nothing game-breaking

You blame them for little to no communication , which is just false, Just look at all moderators trying their best to answer everything ( I see many Moderators posts on many varied topics )

Maybe I'm biased, because i seem to like their decisions , I like diversity, i like new events, i like different setups , i like to be able to adapt to changes , i like challenging stuff , i like to think about best ways to be efficient , i like to play , and i guess their direction fits what I'm looking for
    I am not blaming, I keep objectively to known facts dear Exxy. The server you play at must be a dream. Maybe we should all move over there.....

I addressed your words about lack of comprehension and respect from the gamers. It can never be a oneway street. Both parties must be involved to make things work nicely and reach success. Communicate. I do believe the gamers have shown comprehension and respect. But then there is a point when it tips over due to what seems as obvious lack of comprehension and respect from GGS.

Our dear (!) mods have been struggling to get answers from the game creators/admins to give us. Communication between them has also been lacking, stalling. From posted replies we read. So no, things are not running all that smoothly. Wonders how you can have missed that.

• Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    edited 29.06.2019

Do you really think there will be less comments about the frequency of CCs aso just because there is no calender ? Anything annoying, puzzling, questionable is and always will find its way to the forum in threads. So why should this be any different?

Guess you do not have a family or job or something that makes it important to be able to plan ahead? 

Unfair advantage? Not as long as everbody gets i.e the calender. Everybody gets the same advantage that way. It is up to them to make sure to check the calender, if not then its their own fault because they had the advantage and didn´t use it. Nothing unfair about the calender from what I see.

hahaha and yet the one thing people always say on the forum is not everyone visits the forum !! :D

A calendar for June was made with a dozen alterations and so many moaned about that ! so a calendar which is subject to change would be like June over and over again .... really !! :D 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    For me personally, it makes no difference. I started the game without a calendar so it is no loss to me. I have always played the same... when an event comes I play or don't play it. If it is a coop event, I play it to help my team same as always. 

I am sorry for those who have lost the calendar and all that it means to them. :(

• farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 29.06.2019
    I totally agree with almost everyone else on this thread. Events are being run back to back and on top of each other. We need a calendar to keep up with them all and the idea of not having one is insane. 

GGS is running this game into the ground and any one with a brain can see the proof of it. Go out onto most any server and take a look at the co-op rankings. The few who are full and not looking are top competitive co-ops who stay full by ruthlessly poaching players from less competitive ones.  See most all of the rest of them, even top ones, who are low on members and looking for players to fill all of their empty slots? Now go out to the player rankings. See how very, very few are looking for co-ops? Take into account that only about 1 in 10 is really "looking" Rest are either too dumb to know how to turn their light off or just fishing for sparkles from gullible co-ops. THAT is what GGS and all of the constant events are doing to this game.
  • I like knowing what is coming....that way I can decide what best to focus on. 
    I like knowing what is coming....that way I can decide what best to focus on. 
    And GGs is taking it away now unfortunately
  • ManiB (US1)ManiB (US1) US1 Posts: 18
    Seriously GGS?  -_-

Look, I remember when we did not have a calendar, it worked fine, but we had far fewer events and actually looked forward to the occasional cc when it appeared. Now, the calendar is needed just to decide what to think/strategize  about playing and what to ignore. I suppose the lack of a calendar will  not affect our coop, as we long ago decided to disengage from most of the repetitive plethora of events. But it is shame for those coops who still love the challenge and competition. Regarding pop-ups--- DO NOT add more! We need LESS pop ups, not more. 

hahaha and yet the one thing people always say on the forum is not everyone visits the forum !! :D

A calendar for June was made with a dozen alterations and so many moaned about that ! so a calendar which is subject to change would be like June over and over again .... really !! :D 
    ;) I for one brought the calender to my fellow co-op mates (whom approx 98% never login at the forum) so we could make plans. Would think others did that too?

The calenders were never as inaccurate as the June one turned out to be. Would like to know the reason why the calenders suddenly proved increasingly difficult to the programmers. Too busy with other tasks given priority? 
  • Judy (AU1)Judy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 34
    I dont come in here and complain, I dont come much into the forum at all except to find information.
    I dont mind that you change the calendar around a lot lol.  

I would still love to have the calendar. Today i feel like something is missing yep thats right no calendar to tell me what is going to happen for the next month. To be able to tell co op members what is coming up next so they can plan around things in there private lives. I check the calendar quite a bit. Why would you take something away from us that is good and that is used by many. PLEASE bring it back Im guessing it takes time to plan a calendar and get it organised and put it on a web page. Cant you PLEASE find someone to do that. I guess it takes time to change it around as well still PLEASE find someone to do that too.
    With no calendar that I have come to rely on a lot I feel i have lost my right arm. So PLEASE rethink this.  

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file