Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Communications Changes -- Discussion -- [Events Calendar]

Comments

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

My guess is that this will make it more difficult for players to figure out that an event just ended and is starting again. 

Increased and irregular frequencies of events, events overlapping ?  Its all guess work unless someone keeps a diary of all its going on in the game

Honest, GGS hasnt noticed how many players start the game and stop within weeks nowadays 

• No more events calendar!

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Not only are there thousands of views of the calendars, there are also thousands of complaints about the calendars.  I can see why they decided to trash the whole thing  but we need better communication than just a pop up at the exact moment an event begins.

• 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @Mods
    Know it's not your fault. Kindly pass on my disappointment to GGS for another "nail in the coffin". I do not use Facebook or Twitter and am certainly not starting to do so just for GGS. More red lights coming unless the powers that be wake up. Somebody in management needs to stop and smell the roses. The anger being shown here is a clear indication that something in the business model now being pursued by GGS is clearly wrong.
  • GazFarmer (AU1)GazFarmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 92
    My solution will be not to partake in the events at all , simple, spend no gold what so ever!, that will suit me.
    As big farm operates over 24 hour time zones I cannot see all farmers getting equal warning as I'm sure G.G. doesn't work 24/7, Which ones will suffer. Some will get more warning than others. Very unfair.
    That being said I do agree with the in game message similar to what they do with world wide. {( not pop ups they can cause game freezing, ( game is slow enough already )}.I would ask, Nay beg that they
    (G.G.) would consider sending weekly in game messages with scheduled events for the next week with a days cross over to get 24 hours notice , ie 8 days to cover the day of the next  update.I can see how scheduling for a month may be difficult , but a week should be easier to manage and perhaps pop ups (Grr) for any changes.
    I am not on face book so tweets are useless to me , and I would suggest to others as well. I suggested To G.G. before this that they utilise the in game messages to notify us of events, with no response. I ask that G.G. rethink the same day notification as it could vary from 1 to 23 hours depending what times you play.
    If they go that way why give us any notice at all , make it all ad hoc, at least we would all be in the same boat.
    *Quote* 

Howdy hard working farmers!

The hardest thing about managing a farm is dealing with the weather. It's always changin' and you never can tell when a good sunny day is coming when you can get a lot of work done: Even worse is when the weather changes and we have to cancel and reschedule all our lovely events. Oh yes sirree! That's the absolute worst. 

So Big Farmer George has made some changes. The event’s schedule will not be shared with the community in advance, instead his dedicated Community Managers will be doing the rounds and lettin' you all know just when the event starts via in-game pop up, Facebook and Twitter. Yippee! So on the day we start you'll be the first to find out.

Stay tuned Farmers for all the latest news and events and happy farming!

Your Big Farm team

***********************************************************************

So basically GG as changed the rules once again and it's now every man for himself? oh wait i forgot it always was lol . So tell me how are we gonna find out ...if we do not have twitter and facebook? wait for it to magically appear and be online 24/7 just on the off chance it might appear or not! wow GG never fails to amaze me... just when you think it can't get any worse. they surprise you once again hahaha.. sorry to the mods who seem to be getting the flack  this is not meant for you xx

Sorry, you need to read it again.  There will also be an ingame pop up to let us know.  This is not ideal but better than being forced into FB or twitter, which I use none of.
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    A pop up for the FHWE will not be of any advantage especially if it is only a few minutes off starting time. I start preparing for the FHWE at least one week out and you need to if you want to be successful. I am usually within the top 5 when I play hard and yes, to do that, you do have to use a bit of gold, but I do it because I love the challenge of it. It truly is the best event in the game because it is challenging. Certainly not for the rewards, I now have a full fleet of trawlers and I don't need any more mermaids that will never see light of day. I wished they would give a "50% time bonus" as a choice reward instead of trawlers. Make it worthwhile for those who play hard and spend real money, but most of all, give us a calendar so we know when it starts. Having the calendar also helps those who can't afford gold and at least gives them a fighting chance of being in the top 50.
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    Yes disappointed!!:-(  You have done it again.. GGS Management are really turning me off.. A pop up will not be accurate either - as they usually aren't:-( 
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Extremely bad idea, BigFarm.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    1 more Pop up ....
    Right

Calendar-No Discussion Allowed!

If changes are made so be it, but at least we have something to look ahead to.

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    I am not pleased at all. Pop-up, Facebook, Twitter.... I avoid Facebook and Twitter and believe I am not alone about that. So am now left with the grace of pop-ups which I seldom read due to being so many and how long time in advance will events aso be announced with an accurate date? heh or will it just be a message saying "soon" and the event starts an hour later or two weeks later keeping us in suspence/uncertainty/no chance for planing?!

hahaha and excusing cancelling the calender due to weather changes ??? Give us a break. Guess they tried to be chummy ehh *shakes head* As if we, their paying customers, are ignorent kids... How hard is it to make a schedule and keep to it? Weather conditions are ofc not the reason. So why not come clean and talk straight? It would earn them confidence and understanding. Which is highly needed.

Amen
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    This is absolutely insane.  You rarely get to read such a nonsensical statement.  Stopping the event calendar is devastating proof that GGS does not understand the community and the customer base of the game.

This will cause me to play less and enjoy the game less.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    P.S.  I have a subscription.  I may drop that subscription if the event calendar goes away.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    You can see Twitter feeds on the right side of the forums :)

So u dont need either, to actually see whats happening

And if it is 24 hour popups like for CC , I see that method working just fine

The biggest place it hurts, is for people who were holding their trawlers at the dock way before any FHW ( it hurts them a lot )

And like in anything, We'll see how it goes ( People pre-emptively judging everything, and assuming everything , are doing it so wrong )
  • FromPol (FR1)FromPol (FR1) FR1 Posts: 1,712
    P.S.  I have a subscription.  I may drop that subscription if the event calendar goes away.
    I have dropped mine. Calendar is gone away, no news for july :-(

If it returns, I will take a new one.

have a good play,
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 29.06.2019
    24 hrs notice is no good, it might be 24 hrs in Germany but will it be 24 hrs notice here, as it will prob be announced when we are sleeping or at work then we may get a whole 12 hrs notice.  Notice for most events NEEDS to be 1 weeks MINIMUM for players to plan.  
  • FromPol (FR1)FromPol (FR1) FR1 Posts: 1,712
    @Mods
    Know it's not your fault. Kindly pass on my disappointment to GGS for another "nail in the coffin". I do not use Facebook or Twitter and am certainly not starting to do so just for GGS. More red lights coming unless the powers that be wake up. Somebody in management needs to stop and smell the roses. The anger being shown here is a clear indication that something in the business model now being pursued by GGS is clearly wrong.
    Hello,

I don't think their business model is wrong. I think the expert league have been a very good operation for them. So fine for ggs :-)
    And so they cut that is expensive for them to do and doesn't seem to bring money for them.

As it is the case, why will ggs do effort ?

Have  a good play, 

• Awesome feedback everyone, keep it coming, we are collecting it ALL to pass on to the team on Monday!
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    You can see Twitter feeds on the right side of the forums :)

So u dont need either, to actually see whats happening

And if it is 24 hour popups like for CC , I see that method working just fine

The biggest place it hurts, is for people who were holding their trawlers at the dock way before any FHW ( it hurts them a lot )

And like in anything, We'll see how it goes ( People pre-emptively judging everything, and assuming everything , are doing it so wrong )
    Oh my, and you are not pre-emptively judging here ;) or disregarding players years on experience with the game and GGS?

And that in issues like cancelling the event calender we speak for the many and not just for ourself.

May I point you to the fact that very few visit the forum! Mostly due to language difficulties. English is not their cup of tea, they feel alienated = and find no sense in logging in. So Twitter msgs on the side menu is of no help for the majority. Adding that our experience of msgs on the side menue during an event proved to be so failing that they stopped posting the msgs.

I see you skipped replying to the latter part of my comment posted at 09:00. Can I take it that you agree to that part?

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    GGS you lost loads of players years ago because of the happiness changes, devalue of decorations there is not as many people playing this game anymore and now you decide that the only notice for events will be via pop ups, i can see this game going down hill very fast. The only thing you have done is angered your players because you never seem to actually listen to them. One good thing about this, saves me purchasing any further gold.
  • sultan6 (INT1)sultan6 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 49
     Calendar is useful and useful
    I hope to see the calendar
    Regardless of the changes, it's an effort they thank
  • soozayn (US1)soozayn (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    If the calendar goes then so do I. What is the point of playing any more when you are being left in the dark until the last minute? Total idiots ruining the game for everyone & assuming we dont know that this is just yet another way to make us buy more gold. Well forget it cos I am leaving the game the day the calendar leaves
  • chami (AU1)chami (AU1) AU1 Posts: 186
    edited 29.06.2019
    Why do we have a calendar ? coz we can plan according to it, we can either skip or participate an event, we can even schedule our day to day work and organize according to upcoming events. This game has unnecessary amount of events and farms,  and further you have been running this game for many years; if you say you cannot give a schedule / at least a week schedule, you are failed and its a hoax. If you are unable to give us a monthly plan, please give us a plan weekly at least ,  Please understand that we, do not need any more pop up !
    SAY NO TO POP UPS ! its almost impossible to play sometimes coz of your pop ups, Thank you 
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    I must be one of a very few that thinks the ditching of the calendar is a good idea.

I have always thought it was a unfair advantage to know when a event is starting and be able to plan.

Also it'll mean less moaning about the cc frequency :D as it wont be in black and white ( which is probably the real reason for ditching the calendar )
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    I think GGS has lost there mind !!!!  This is NOT right or fair.  You guys really need to think this over !!!  That is how we planned our days, weeks and month.  CRAZY !!! :s
  • daisymae7 (US1)daisymae7 (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    Right--and I wish I believed that "passing it on to the team" would have impact.  It is ridiculous to think that a group of programmers cannot plan a month ahead of time.  The pop ups are super annoying already and now we will have more?  I let my co-op members know ahead of time, for example, to plant cabbage and corn the night before the Fairy Tale Event starts, or to start collecting oysters 2 days before the FHWE begins.  Why take away this ability?  This makes no sense at all.  
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    WoWo - Can you see it - Oh its there - 2 hours left in the CC and you got this Third place - Day 12 you enjoy your coffee and kiss your your babies off to school and come to big farm to fish - POP UP CC today at 3 am - wait this is the third one in a row - No seeds - No gold - Mad money exhausted from other popups last week - NOOO - You Log in after work POP UP - Wait its only been one day and it started 14 hours ago and I have the wrong fish the wrong crops. What about when an event starts that was not on the event log then 6 hours later there is a post saying we started the event  with a pop up - I dont see how this is going to work - It is frustrating enough  that a day b4 the HWFE you dry up all the Shell fish pools. Frustrating the smaller farmers. You cant play a game - Live life - Fight a real war - Or have a surprise birthday party with out a Calendar - Or your surprise is everybody is to busy - To enjoy life- Fight the real war - Show up for your 100th Bday - Sad it is Sad -   It is hard to fathom it is all designed to get the gold sales up but hey what do i know -
    Most events these days come with an Update that most often causes bugs or fails - So hows that going to work An Update the Event is already running then the POPUP to announce. Or a POPUP announce that an event name is going to happen at some point in Time - Now we all plan for that short window but the Update goes south and it may be a day b4 we know what happened so no event no POPUP - then it happens POPUP - We had a BooBoo no shineola. Really GGS.  I can see how this will work so great that in the GGS corporate  will announce to the employees no more set schedule you get your checks when you get to work and if we need something done by Thursday we will let you know Thursday -   I know this is silly so is having no Event schedule even if some of it will change it is better to know where your at in life or in the game. 

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    This is ridiculous. I understand that ggs doesn't want us to be witness to their inability to coordinate things properly.  But this is not the way to fix it.  They keep throwing dung on us and expect us to throw back gold.  I'm done.  Im cancelling my subscription too. I dont spend a lot of money on this game but I do spend some.  I would think it would be in their best interest to keep their customers happy but they don't seem to get that concept.  How hard can it be to schedule events? they are the same ones over and over.  Its not like anything ever changes.  My coop relies on the calendar to to plan for things because being in the US by the time we wake up in the morning the events are already well under way.  This just complicates things further.  Not cool GGS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file