Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Communications Changes -- Discussion -- [Events Calendar]

artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
I can see why you'd not want to publish an events schedule since it changes minute by minute, but you guys have to understand that some events need advanced planning. 

We especially need about a week's notice for the FHWE. We need a heads up on this and other events, given we are covered up in them.

You guys really need to rethink this.
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Totally agree
     some thing is better than nothing at all and
     who want's more pop ups ???
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    Huge disappointment that the events calendar is cancelled. 

HUGE!!!!
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Are you kidding me!!!

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I know, right?  Maybe they've cut back on staff or something.  I'm beginning to think GGS really doesn't want me to buy gold. LOL!
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 28.06.2019
    Another pop up - seriously??  :|  AS quoted by the CM " The event’s schedule will not be shared with the community in advance, instead his dedicated Community Managers will be doing the rounds and lettin' you all know just when the event starts via in-game pop up, Facebook and Twitter. Yippee! So on the day we start you'll be the first to find out."
  • ~~Mona~~ (INT1)~~Mona~~ (INT1) INT1 Posts: 994
    LOL LOL LOL
    The GGS team think about what you are doing.
  • Taji (US1)Taji (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    I can see why you'd not want to publish an events schedule since it changes minute by minute, but you guys have to understand that some events need advanced planning. 
    Even a changing schedule would be better than pop-ups "the day of"! 
    It's tricky enough to coordinate a CoOp and this would make it impossible for some members to even participate in many events.

It's a little late for April Fools but I can only hope this is a joke...
  • So how much notice will we get for the FHWE for example?
  • FromPol (FR1)FromPol (FR1) FR1 Posts: 1,712
    Hello,

Too bad. Expert league then no calendar :-(

I have stopped my subscription.

Have a good play,
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Huge disappointment that the events calendar is cancelled. 

HUGE!!!!
    I second, third and fourth that :(:(
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    I dont like this change - I really liked the calender, even if it had lots of changes 

and pop ups, please no more of those

cant play in good order because of all those pop ups :(
  • Barb66 (US1)Barb66 (US1) US1 Posts: 57
    Seriously? Not having an events calendar makes no sense. I find it hard to believe the GGS developers can't plan a month in advance. We certainly don't need any more pop-ups. I don't want to have to rely on social media, Twitter or Facebook, for notices about events.  There is little incentive to participate in events without being able to plan farm management, particularly the FHWE. I hope GGS will reconsider.
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    This has to be a joke!!!
  • loron (GB1)loron (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    edited 28.06.2019
    *Quote* 

Howdy hard working farmers!

The hardest thing about managing a farm is dealing with the weather. It's always changin' and you never can tell when a good sunny day is coming when you can get a lot of work done: Even worse is when the weather changes and we have to cancel and reschedule all our lovely events. Oh yes sirree! That's the absolute worst. 

So Big Farmer George has made some changes. The event’s schedule will not be shared with the community in advance, instead his dedicated Community Managers will be doing the rounds and lettin' you all know just when the event starts via in-game pop up, Facebook and Twitter. Yippee! So on the day we start you'll be the first to find out.

Stay tuned Farmers for all the latest news and events and happy farming!

Your Big Farm team

***********************************************************************

So basically GG as changed the rules once again and it's now every man for himself? oh wait i forgot it always was lol . So tell me how are we gonna find out ...if we do not have twitter and facebook? wait for it to magically appear and be online 24/7 just on the off chance it might appear or not! wow GG never fails to amaze me... just when you think it can't get any worse. they surprise you once again hahaha.. sorry to the mods who seem to be getting the flack  this is not meant for you xx

Post edited by loron (GB1) on
  • SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    they can't really be serious about this
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 28.06.2019
    There thinking is if you have less planning time, you are more likely to spend gold haha, this is where they will lose a lot of players yet again ! Stupid idea GGS as you will find out when your player base drops again.
  • My first thought - thats it - finally done with this game and all its issues - final straw etc. still have some gold to use up but wont be buying more until or unless they put right all that is wrong.

They are turning more and more people off of what was once a fantastic game.  I used to love getting home to get farming - now with the farce of the pleasure park, the invasion of the bugs - again, and this (again totally unfair on those of us that go out to work that are not here when events start but have at least been able to plan for them) - whats the point?  
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436

PLEASE - no more pop ups!!!  :expressionless: 

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 28.06.2019
    The only positive thing that I see about this is for players that do not visit the forum, having an in-game message. Yet usually those that visit the forum, do inform the others in the coop so, probably not much advantage about it.

From here "So on the day we start you'll be the first to find out" I infer that we will be given a 24h notice or less? Bad idea... for some events, as others have pointed out, you need to know few days in advance. Also, you might prefer to play some events and give up others when in contradiction, and without knowing in advance what happens when, this will not be possible.

It would be great that we know in advance at least 1 or 2 weeks (whether calendar in-game or forum personally I don't care, though when you tried the in-game calendar it didn't work out that well) and have a reminder as the 24h countdown for cc of the events in-game (hopefully on the side task if possible, not to clutter more the game screen).

One more thing: please evolve towards things that get rid of pop-ups, not that add more pop-ups (wwc and vf style notifications for all things in the parking lot, please). There are so many pop-ups that I just close them automatically so important messages will be lost.
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    What a joke this is. Guess you really dislike us dedicated farmers, GGS
    The only positive thing that I see about this is for players that do not visit the forum, having an in-game message. 
    I'm thinking that anyone who plays this game seriously finds out -- by whatever means --  when things are going to start so they can plan ahead. With any and all announcements coming when the event is starting, this  eliminates all ability to plan ahead for anything. Often, when we miss the start of an event, that means spending gold to catch up. Perhaps this is the method to the madness.  B)
    edited 28.06.2019
    just looking at the number of views on the calendars, GGS is NOT paying attention to their farmer base.

Each one has over 10K in views.

WHY would you take this away?
    @artful (US1) method to madness to get us to spend gold? 

More like method to get me to quit! Over 6 years farming, and this is a kick in the pants!
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    As always changes to the game without proper planning.
    I  personally dont like the information sharing when the third party portals are involved.
    Aswell i dont like to read a million popups until i got to my farm.
    Or if i accidentaly closed a popup, but would like to read it, then the only way is to logout, and login again.

Why there is no an easy news board rolled somewhere under settings button.
  • FromPol (FR1)FromPol (FR1) FR1 Posts: 1,712
    Hello,

Why do GGS stop the planning ? to avoid players to to get organized to play the expert league ? or to avoid we know the number of CC for the month (too much or too few) ?

Have a good play,
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    edited 28.06.2019
    another Goodgame Gigantic disappointment that affects us non gold users (because we can't afford gold).

Well the only advice I can give to GGS  is take your freeking calendar and put it where the sun don't shine, which shouldn't be too difficult a task.

And please don't bother showing us the CC countdown icon either
  • The reason they cancelled the calendar, is it highlighted their poor organisational skill and ability to communicate between each other in planning stage.  Instead of fixing this problem in house they instead decide to hurt their players.  

My engine light on the car is on, I won't get the engine looked at, just put band aid over the light AHHH problem fixed, no light now.  
    edited 28.06.2019
    The reason they cancelled the calendar, is it highlighted their poor organisational skill and ability to communicate between each other in planning stage.  Instead of fixing this problem in house they instead decide to hurt their players.  

My engine light on the car is on, I won't get the engine looked at, just put band aid over the light AHHH problem fixed, no light now.  
    You got it in one. I'm guessing they got tired of being asked about events or having to explain why the schedule keeps changing, so rather than hire a project manager/liaison among departments and the mods, they just said, "leave us alone. we're not telling you."

Even the deep-pocket, high-roller, powerhouse players need a schedule. Surely they realize this.

I can live with the "surprise" factor if they would just give us a week's notice for the FHWE.   If I miss the start of event, I'll just skip it. Easy enough.

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

What good is it if we only have the pop up the day an event starts ?  Nonsense, so typically ggs !

This is exactly what I was telling everyone the other day on another discussion, the situation has been changing gradually, and it has devolved from having a time table with starting dates and times to having absolutely nothing at all

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4111625/#Comment_4111625

Being on this forum is a waste of time, it is only a cathartic action, we come here say something and feel better we did and / or leave the forum under the impression someone on the other side is listening.... WRONG !

• Noooooooooo  Don't take my calendar awayyyyyyyy!!!!   

I rely on the calendar to share with my co-op so that we can coordinate our events and plan ahead.  Some of my players even schedule RL around the CC and a pop-up the day of is not sufficient time to plan thereby knocking a lot of co-ops out of the competition....that may work for the big co-ops but you're killing us small co-ops.

While we're on the subject ... pop-ups are extremely irritating while trying to play.  :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file