Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Cooperative Championship "Masters League" - Discussion

Comments

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 22.06.2019
    Anyone remembers ... How Fast n Furious was all about car racing at the beginning ... And now it's God knows what.

Same way, Big farm is shifting from basic peaceful farming with a bit of competition to something else now.

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 22.06.2019
    Okay, back to my question, which is the correct way the Masters League demotions will happen?  In my opinion, the little "demotion" arrows should be indicated on this page of the Masters League tab page so that is does not get confused with the ranks versus the total number of coops destined for demotion.
    This is a screenshot taken from the AU server where I am in the Masters League (Misfits at 24th place). From this viewpoint it appears that only those coops ranking 22-27 will be demoted.

The announcement says that only the  top 5 coops stay

There has to be a problem with that text: "demoted per division: bottom 22"   If it was the case, at each CC the Master league would increase by 5 cooperatives

1st CC:         27 coops,   22 demoted and    5 stay
    2nd CC:  5 + 27 coops,  22 demoted and   10 stay
    3rd CC: 10 + 27 coops,  22 demoted and   15 stay

You see the problem, it's one of the many little problems which we are so used to, low quality development

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    IMO it's actually screwing up the local CC's. Because there's so much pressure for the Co-Op that's in the Masters, if you happen to get into a mission with one of them you might as well just shelve and try to get into another mission ASAP, because every player in that Co-Op is under a lot of pressure to win every mission
    PCA (GB1) said:
    Okay, back to my question, which is the correct way the Masters League demotions will happen?  In my opinion, the little "demotion" arrows should be indicated on this page of the Masters League tab page so that is does not get confused with the ranks versus the total number of coops destined for demotion.
    This is a screenshot taken from the AU server where I am in the Masters League (Misfits at 24th place). From this viewpoint it appears that only those coops ranking 22-27 will be demoted.

The announcement says that only the  top 5 coops stay

There has to be a problem with that text: "demoted per division: bottom 22"   If it was the case, at each CC the Master league would increase by 5 cooperatives

1st CC:         27 coops,   22 demoted and    5 stay
    2nd CC:  5 + 27 coops,  22 demoted and   10 stay
    3rd CC: 10 + 27 coops,  22 demoted and   15 stay

You see the problem, it's one of the many little problems which we are so used to, low quality development

Wouldn't it be 5 + 22 Co-Ops?  Since the Top 5 stay, 5 servers will already be represented.  It's not like there's going to be 2 Co-Ops from the same server competing (like say, Brat Pack AND Wild Cards) in the ML.. That wouldn't be very fair.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Thats interesting :)

that would mean more coops would stay more easier in Masters

Thats actually kinda cool, if thats the way its made

More people in the top league, = more overall rewards :)
    IMO it's actually screwing up the local CC's. Because there's so much pressure for the Co-Op that's in the Masters, if you happen to get into a mission with one of them you might as well just shelve and try to get into another mission ASAP, because every player in that Co-Op is under a lot of pressure to win every mission

Wouldn't it be 5 + 22 Co-Ops?  Since the Top 5 stay, 5 servers will already be represented.  It's not like there's going to be 2 Co-Ops from the same server competing (like say, Brat Pack AND Wild Cards) in the ML.. That wouldn't be very fair.

I agree completely, the Master league messes up the balance there was between coops and leagues in CC, it wasn't perfect, far from it, but this change has made the situation even worse. I don't see this level of playing lasting long, but some servers seem to house more enthusiasts than other servers

----
    re: 5 + 22  

this is not possible, if it was the case the cooperatives that win gold league will not be promoted unless the other cooperative from the same server (which is already playing in Master league) is demoted. Too complicated

It is more likely that "all coops are demoted except the top 5", which translates into Master league having 32 coops from the next CC on: 5 winners plus the new 27 promoted from gold league

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    I think in the end, lots of Coops will be in the masters league

`From what i saw in the rewards , there was 21-35 rankings ( so they obviously plan to have more coops in there )

it benefits everyone , i think :)
    @PCA (GB1). You don't need to store the deco, as after the season is over, you should keep the bonuses as well. Also, as far as I understood there is not just 4 decos in total, but 4 decos per year, meaning that you cannot upgrade this deco next Summer

(https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4102233/#Comment_4102233). Whether you are able to save and use the current coins to upgrade next Summer monument or whether the coins will reset at the end of the season, I do not know.

If you are right the whole construction is even less sustainable than it seems, lots of questions need clearer answers. 

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 23.06.2019

That's what I've been saying. GGS should create a league that lets the big guns battle it out without ruining it for everyone else. They'd make more money that way.  People are shelving more when in a mission with a Major Leaguer, at least from what I've seen. The thing is going to be dead in the water unless they make some changes. Can't see even the big spenders maintaining enthusiasm over the long haul.

Adding: meaning that they create the self-contained MLs within each server, expanding it so that the big guns play only themselves. Right now, trying to make it so people could play missions with people from other servers would be a major headache for them.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 23.06.2019
    The way that it has been explained to us is that for this 1st ML there are the 27 coops, at the end, the top 5 will stay & 22 will be demoted  & 27 new ones will come up from the gold leagues - It is possible that the text says "Bottom 22" because it knows that this time there are only 27 coops & if there were 32 coops it should say "Bottom 27" etc  - I will get that confirmed & we are still waiting to find out why there are 35 ranks on the rewards, whether its a typo or there is something that we do not know yet.

As for the ML being unfair on smaller servers, I am not following that logic, can you please explain? -  I could see a smaller coop being at a disadvantage or a coop with considerably lower ranked members than the others, but I don`t really see how the size of the server affects it, unless the server was so small it could not fill 1 coop hehe :)

@Southern (US1) For the next CC, there will indeed be 5 servers that have 2 coops in the ML & if both coops from one server finish in the top 5, the next CC will have 3 coops from that server.

@marywisc (US1) Yes, the ML is now an additional league in the event & will be in every CC.

• I was asked a question in PM which I will answer here , as no doubt others will want to know too.

The current monument boosters are all for the main farm, so the egg booster is only for chickens & the milk booster only for cows.  Though the boosters for the Autumn monument are not yet decided, a CM says that he thinks they will change with each monument, so possibly the next one will be for a different farm & a different seaweed product etc.
    edited 23.06.2019

As for the ML being unfair on smaller servers, I am not following that logic, can you please explain? -  I could see a smaller coop being at a disadvantage or a coop with considerably lower ranked members than the others, but I don`t really see how the size of the server affects it, unless the server was so small it could not fill 1 coop hehe :)

@WascallyWabbit

Hi Wascally, I beg to differ, I in fact don't see how you miss the logic

Go visit small servers please, do you see coops of 75 players by any chance ?  Or do you see coops of 75 gold players with a waiting list attached ?   I don't think so. 

In a server where a hand full of players care to play missions, playing as we are at the moment is like passing over all the other players with a bulldozer.  It leaves no space to players outside the coop in Master league.  In larger servers where more take part in missions, more are gold users, this is certainly not disruptive but in our server, and I am sure also in even smaller ones, it sure is. 

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Will there be other ways of earning the coins as well as the cc ?
  • Good Going GGS, you have done it again.  You have preceded to alienate the small coops and the small farms even farther.  No way on this earth for the small farms to be able to compete and grow their farms when all you have is competition after competition when all the big guns are fired up.  4 more people in our coop quit because of this.  There will not ever be another coop challenge done with our coop.  It is all so unfair and will only get worse as more teams get into the Masters League.  

Tell me how this is any fair and the whole challenge was like this.  Not one single mission that didn't have at least 2 Brat Packs in it and they were out for blood... So this coop is finished.  Thanks again because this could be a great game if you had any idea how to make it fair for all.  
    You know you can do points , even with a 6th place finish

Of course doing 0 will result in 0 points

I did 8M points in the last CC , mainly finished between 2-5 in ranks, but putting harvests in all missions

I won a few, but not that many

People assume you have to win missions to do good points , but you have to produce/harvest , and yeah the rank will give a bit more, but it comes mostly from output :)
  • PCA (GB1) said:

@WascallyWabbit

Hi Wascally, I beg to differ, I in fact don't see how you miss the logic

Go visit small servers please, do you see coops of 75 players by any chance ?  Or do you see coops of 75 gold players with a waiting list attached ?   I don't think so. 

In a server where a hand full of players care to play missions, playing as we are at the moment is like passing over all the other players with a bulldozer.  It leaves no space to players outside the coop in Master league.  In larger servers where more take part in missions, more are gold users, this is certainly not disruptive but in our server, and I am sure also in even smaller ones, it sure is. 
    @PCA (GB1) I think that we are talking abut 2 different things. I got the impression that the original poster was saying that the coops in the ML that are from smaller servers, are at a disadvantage against the other coops in ML & my point was that it is the size & strength of the 1 coop that matters, not the size of the server, it is possible for a small server to have 1 coop of 75 strong players, that could beat any similar coop from another server. However, I do take the point that larger servers do have a bigger pool of such players, so it is easier for them to put together a large competitive coop.

As for the ML having a disruptive effect on the coops in other leagues, that is something that it would be good to see discussed further, so that we can include it in the feedback that we will be asked to submit, regarding the changes in this event.
  • Thats exactly it Wabbit, the larger servers will always have the advantage as they will have more high level players than the smaller ones.  In the same way the wwc will always favour the larger servers, the masters is doing exactly the same. 

Yes, the event was fun, how much of that was because it was the first one I dont know, and I can see it becoming too difficult for many of the smaller servers to enjoy in the future.  

I really hope there is a way GGS can come up with to make the event fairer as overall it was great - the levels needed for the prizes do need adjusting though - silly amounts needed for even 4 magic bean seeds (c'mon really???)

Another thing, the lower level players are suffering.  Why?  Well, if before the ML they applied to one of the top coops the answer may have been yes, now the only players the larger/top coops are going to want will be higher level, simply because of the ML. 

But with some tweaking and a way of levelling things out - GGS 'could' have a great event on their score sheet. 
  • pavilya (US1)pavilya (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    major league totally sucks.we were demoted
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Now that all the "big players" were successfully milked of their money/gold GGS will now increase the CC frequencies even further....thanks guys!

I could say it was fun to watch certain coops getting belted but even that became boring a few hours into the competition. I'll be sure to try and watch something more exciting next time.......maybe watch paint dry, watch the grass grow, put a snail down on a footpath and watch it try to get back into the grass.  :p
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 24.06.2019
    @Exxy (INT1)

http://prntscr.com/o5vjsj

Happiness and VHP improve from 20 to 200 for every level in steps of 20.
    Bamboo, dung, eggs, milk and pigs all increase from 2 percent to 20 percent for every upgrade(2 percent increase in prodn per level).
    5 Seaweed feed is produced every 48,40,32,24,20,16,14,12,10 and 8 hours respectively for each level . 

All upgrades need 500 coins. 

Threw it back safe into my inventory as i am not interested in placing it  :).

...Another thing, the lower level players are suffering.  Why?  Well, if before the ML they applied to one of the top coops the answer may have been yes, now the only players the larger/top coops are going to want will be higher level, simply because of the ML. 

Not our coop, we will continue hosting and helping players any level who are willing to farm and have fun 

:-) 

Thanks Rocky :)
    Got my milk bonus Upgraded to 2 % in monument from this CC.

If there isn't any alternative to get ML coins other than the CC by the end of 3 months .... I will have to demolish the monument ... Unfortunately.

• janajana (GB1)janajana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 34
    my opinion after one round:
    First of all, I am not fan of CCs, but I play as most of us for our coop, for side rewards, sometimes for fun

To make this game more attractive for top coops around the globe, you forgot about the rest of us.
    What is in it for us ?
    To milk 1,000 players, you sacrificed the rest...

Not only rewards  are getting worse, we haven't got any wwc points in cooperative category for our work.
    One of ways to get wwc points is by playing missions.
    One of your arguments for increasing CC frequency has been exactly this.  Why did you remove wwc points from CC rewards?
    And if you don't plan to put it back, can we expect CC less frequently ?
    :wink:
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 24.06.2019

If there isn't any alternative to get ML coins other than the CC by the end of 3 months .... I will have to demolish the monument ... Unfortunately.

I'm really hopeful (and have everything crossed) that we'll be able to add onto the monument next summer and that it'll give items year round. Anyone have any news on that front?

Edit: Am I missing something because I have 3 upgrades in the monument for the seaweed and I've just collected. I thought with the 3 upgrades in it should reset and only take 32 hours to get the next seaweed, but it's reset back to 48 hours. 

Edit #2: Okay, I changed farms and it changed to just under 32 hours so it's running correctly at the moment. Yay!   :)
    Post edited by Kat Nip (GB1) on
    :)

I'm really hopeful (and have everything crossed) that we'll be able to add onto the monument next summer and that it'll give items year round. Anyone have any news on that front?

Edit: Am I missing something because I have 3 upgrades in the monument for the seaweed and I've just collected. I thought with the 3 upgrades in it should reset and only take 32 hours to get the next seaweed, but it's reset back to 48 hours. 

Edit #2: Okay, I changed farms and it changed to just under 32 hours so it's running correctly at the moment. Yay!   :)
    Don't waste ML coins on upgrading Seaweed feed. It's useless.

Only milk and pigs are worth taking to 20%. Then edge plants , chik eggs, then HP n VHP
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    i have upgraded milk 4 times and 1 time pig its really helpful during the missions

@TMKC (IN1)
    u cannot demolish it :cold_sweat:
     u can put it in the inventory 
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796

Don't waste ML coins on upgrading Seaweed feed. It's useless.

Only milk and pigs are worth taking to 20%. Then edge plants , chik eggs, then HP n VHP
    Haha it's too late now sorry!  :)
Sign In to comment.