Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

At the risk of being totally hated now!

I am going to add my two cents in here about these farms having been stolen.

As far as I am concerned the responsibility falls upon the leader of these coops.  If they had not given their personal passwords out this would have never happened.  Shall we blame the bank when our funds are stolen when we give out this very valuable information?   I do agree those messages looked real.  I also recieved one of those messages a long while back and I reported the message to GGS. 

Come on now, everyone, I see so much blame being put on GGS for this and yet, it is GGS who has to clean up the huge mess that has been made.   Does GGS have some responsibility in helping stop this from happening again?  Sure, I think so, I do think that not allowing anyone to open a farm with any name resembling Big Farm or GGS for that matter would help to deter these thieving idiots who just love to wreak havoc on those around them.  Some power trip they have, and it would stop them from having any kind of satisfaction.

So, please stop blaming GGS, they didn't do it!

Comments

• Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    There is no one to blame here.  Scammers, hackers happen all the time.  People get caught up in the moment and make rash decisions.  It happens.  The leaders should NOT beat themselves up for it.  

GGS is not to blame, however, a swift resolution needs to happen.  These hackers are still in coops on the AU servers over 48 hours ago.  They should have been deleted.  I believe that this is the coops and leaders disgruntlement.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 19.06.2019
    I can agree they should not beat themselves up about it.  I do think the blaming GGS was way off though. 

My understanding is all those farms are blocked so no more harm can come to them from those farms.  I guess that doesn't protect against more nefarious accounts being opened to try to do the same things to other coop leaders.  Hopefully this has been squashed and the popup at log in will warn anyone who hasn't logged in for a very long time not to respond to that message if it is in their inbox.  I think GGS is doing what they can as they can.  I am sure it is a process we don't really know the ins and outs of.
    I just wish that GGS would have a safeguard in place to immediately delete the threat and return the coops back to the members.  Something that really needs to be looked at long and hard! 
    Agreed, and I am sure they are working on something.  We have a hot fix coming  I wonder if it has anything to do with fixing this mess.
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    the first hacking happened in INT1 server. out top coop were hacked and almost disolved. that happened about 2 months ago.when i wrote about this in forum none in forum got concerned.now is happening again
    edited 19.06.2019
    But it isn't hacking, it is phishing scam.  Getting ones password to get into the coop and wreak havoc on it.  Yes, there was concern in the forums back then, there was a thread about it then.  I do believe these scammers just started all over again with new accounts to do the dirty deed all over again and is why I think GGS should block any new account with names resembling Big Farm or GGS.   This would help to stem the flow of this problem.  Also, the new popup at log in should come new once per week for a reminder to everyone not to fall for those messages.
  • moustakas (US1)moustakas (US1) US1 Posts: 16
    edited 19.06.2019
    The coop leaders are still the Tomber hackers. Maybe GGS is NOT able to ive the coops back to the cooperation leaders?

I got a phishing PM too yesterday evening, but I would NEVER give out my password!
    YAY!!!

• Taji (US1)Taji (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    I fully agree that GGS is not at fault, nor is it the fault of the folk who responded. 
    Not letting players have names so close to Big Farm is a great idea! That's what threw me (that and no coffee yet...) into a loop. And I knew better. Still had to come to the forum to double-check myself.
    I feel for the ones who responded, now these hackers have not only their farms but their email addys too, more havoc to raise.
  • LeeLoo (US1)LeeLoo (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    I am going to add my two cents in here about these farms having been stolen.

As far as I am concerned the responsibility falls upon the leader of these coops.  If they had not given their personal passwords out this would have never happened.  Shall we blame the bank when our funds are stolen when we give out this very valuable information?   I do agree those messages looked real.  I also recieved one of those messages a long while back and I reported the message to GGS. 

Come on now, everyone, I see so much blame being put on GGS for this and yet, it is GGS who has to clean up the huge mess that has been made.   Does GGS have some responsibility in helping stop this from happening again?  Sure, I think so, I do think that not allowing anyone to open a farm with any name resembling Big Farm or GGS for that matter would help to deter these thieving idiots who just love to wreak havoc on those around them.  Some power trip they have, and it would stop them from having any kind of satisfaction.

So, please stop blaming GGS, they didn't do it!

I fully agree that GGS is not at fault, nor is it the fault of the folk who responded. 
    Not letting players have names so close to Big Farm is a great idea! That's what threw me (that and no coffee yet...) into a loop. And I knew better. Still had to come to the forum to double-check myself.
    I feel for the ones who responded, now these hackers have not only their farms but their email addys too, more havoc to raise.
    If someone gives the hackers his password, the hackers has his email adress too because you can see the email adress ingame.

• anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    I worked for AOL as a sysop back in the 1980's.  We all had names that began with INN and no one that didn't work for them was able to use that in any form, or anything that closely resembled it as the first three letters of their name.  GGS signs most of their official messages "BigFarm Team".  If AOL could block that many names more than 30 years ago, it seems odd that GGS couldn't block one now. Once it was used on the Australian server a couple days ago, it should've been blocked on every other server right away. If they couldn't program a block right away, then an employee could have started a farm and used the name to make sure it couldn't be accessed.

So, sorry to disagree, but I do think GGS needs to shoulder part of the responsibility for this mess.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
     Sure, I think so, I do think that not allowing anyone to open a farm with any name resembling Big Farm or GGS for that matter would help to deter these thieving idiots who just love to wreak havoc on those around them.  

Except what happens to the players who already have a variation of "Big Farm" as part of their name?  I run into quite a few on the US1 server. Besides, a determined phisher will just sign up under another name. There are so many ways to have a name that looks legit.
    edited 19.06.2019
     Sure, I think so, I do think that not allowing anyone to open a farm with any name resembling Big Farm or GGS for that matter would help to deter these thieving idiots who just love to wreak havoc on those around them.  

Except what happens to the players who already have a variation of "Big Farm" as part of their name?  I run into quite a few on the US1 server. Besides, a determined phisher will just sign up under another name. There are so many ways to have a name that looks legit.
    Hi Artful, I actually posted that, Leeloo just quoted my whole post for some reason.  Having a variation of Big Farm in their name now is not what I am saying.  I am saying those that try to say they are in fact from from the powers that be at Big Farm with names such as Big Farm Team or GGS, etc.   So, no new accounts with names in any way associated to Big Farm or GGS in their names.
  • They must be determined, because I'm currently in a mission with BigFarm team. that has taken over a coop with TrumpTomber.  They are actively playing, so this account is not blocked.
    They must be determined, because I'm currently in a mission with BigFarm team. that has taken over a coop with TrumpTomber.  They are actively playing, so this account is not blocked.
    Screen shot please
    edited 19.06.2019
    So much for the farms being blocked.  I see that BigFarm team has moved up to level 8 too.  Why in the world have these farms not been deleted!
    edited 19.06.2019
    Guess what I found while browsing: another hijacked coop, by TrumpTomber. He is in the rankings directly under another Tomber. "BigFarm team." is in it.

Also with the other hijacked coops one sees no progress - Tomber is still the coop leader.

The screenshots made me very sad.  :'(:'(:'( Why doesn't GGS do anything?

@Farmer Deb (US1) That's a funny coincidence. I did not think that someone like the hacker plays missions at all.
    Yeah, I'd like to know too.

• Thanks for the screenshot.  That's the one I'm in the mission with.  If you look at the name, you'll see it has a period at the end, the other one did not.  There is also one with a space then a period (BigFarm Team .) so it looks like they are just creating new accounts.
    Yeah, so stopping those new accounts is what is needed.

Thanks for the screenshot.  That's the one I'm in the mission with.  If you look at the name, you'll see it has a period at the end, the other one did not.  There is also one with a space then a period (BigFarm Team .) so it looks like they are just creating new accounts.
    Maybe the old accounts was blocked so he needs to create new accounts.
    This one is no longer in a coop.

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I hope GGS have the hackers prosecuted.

BE WARNED ABOUT JULIE05

She have not got back her account now so it is still the HACKER who have her account!

SO DO NOT LET HER INTO YOUR COOPERATION!!!!!! SHE WILL SPAM IT WITH PERVERS THINGS!!!!!!

BE WARNED ABOUT JULIE05

She have not got back her account now so it is still the HACKER who have her account!

SO DO NOT LET HER INTO YOUR COOPERATION!!!!!! SHE WILL SPAM IT WITH PERVERS THINGS!!!!!!
    So we found out.  The same goes with GiannisB, also a hacker.  What is going on with this game.  GGS has let this get OUT OF CONTROL! >:)
    edited 20.06.2019

BE WARNED ABOUT JULIE05

So we found out.  The same goes with GiannisB, also a hacker.  What is going on with this game.  GGS has let this get OUT OF CONTROL! >:)
    I think that GiannisB was hacked by the Tombers too.

I remember that he was in the coop that was hacked by pear Tomber.
    edited 20.06.2019
    After booting out Julie05 and GiannisB, Bluewave8 came knocking.   You CANNOT trust anyone knocking at your coop door at all until GGS gets this resolved; if they ever do.  DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO ENTER YOUR COOP!
    Wow, what a bummer this all is.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file