Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Events Calendar - Discussion

Comments

• I too feel sorry for the mods, but at the same time disgusted with GGS. 

Are they trying to deliberately ruin what was once a fantastic game?  There are more bugs now than ever, the calendar is rubbish, subscriptions increasing without fair warning, more and more need to buy gold to even take part (see punishment park for details), no reduction in cc's - hey no lets just add another division!, throwing out more and more events the customers dont want and then there's the lag - oh boy the lag.  And of course they wont listen to the customer - you know the ones that spend real money on the game and as a result keep the business afloat!

What a way to run a business - shambles doesn't even start to describe it.  Diabolical starts but isn't strong enough.  

• marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    How hard is it to come up with a calendar and stick to it! People make plans and GGS just randomly changes the calendar!

Sure makes it look like they don't know what the heck they are doing!
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    And yet they do a update to allow login for FB  ....Priorities slightly wrong i think 
  • With the move in cc dates - I wonder if it is still masters division or not? @mods - have they said anything to you about that? thanks.
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    no matter what is posted in a week it can and does change but it is nice to have a guide - Planning is everything - HWF 3 days or 4 days 3 is to short unless you use gold to skip or speed up harvest.  I wait n see -
  • vbillyboy55 (AU1)vbillyboy55 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 214
    Why remove the Mushroom Hunt entirely  ,   one of the few side games I really enjoyed 
  • Bibleman7 (US1)Bibleman7 (US1) US1 Posts: 172
    edited 18.06.2019
    Yeah I agree why remove the Mushroom Hunt entirely, i was looking forward to it
    Post edited by Bibleman7 (US1) on
  • loron (GB1)loron (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    edited 18.06.2019
    Hi why as GG changed the date of the masters CC from the 24th  to the 20th?  do they keep changing dates on purpose?  it can get quite annoying.  :/
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    How hard is it to come up with a calendar and stick to it! People make plans and GGS just randomly changes the calendar!

Sure makes it look like they don't know what the heck they are doing!

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    yes, the dates have changed... :(
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 18.06.2019
    Its actually planned, to be different all the time ( which lets be honest , is great )

Same order, same events, same duration , all the time , at the same time, every month, would be pretty boring =o

I'm paying a lot of attention to combo's , they try new setups, and they have an idea of what works, and what doesnt :)

I doubt they can put village fair much more often, because, Its overly generous, there has to be some sort of balance in the whole process :)

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

you forgot the blindfold. :)
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 18.06.2019
    I am very happy that they changed the dates as i wont be there during the times CC runs and no need to play ML  :D>:) .
    I hope they give some other way to acquire coins to upgrade monuments(in case it is useful) like from wheel of fortune or some other individual event rather than having to play that crap CC to get it. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I just wish the calendar would show the actual dates of the events.
    Example for "June" the VF was to end yesterday and it ended a couple of days ago. Seems the last couple of calendars aren't showing the actual dates the events run. Now I know GGS seem to like to change things up but why so many changes so late that no one has a chance to forward the real/new dates for others to see & plan ahead.
    edited 19.06.2019
    I just wish the calendar would show the actual dates of the events.
    Example for "June" the VF was to end yesterday and it ended a couple of days ago. Seems the last couple of calendars aren't showing the actual dates the events run. Now I know GGS seem to like to change things up but why so many changes so late that no one has a chance to forward the real/new dates for others to see & plan ahead.
    I so agree. This mucking about with the calendar   schedule seems to indicate that whoever is in charge doesn't really know the game, or that players need to plan ahead for events.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Pretty sure, We never had a calendar before Wascally started to do it ( he/she is trying his/her best with the info he/she have )

I look at the calendar to get a basic idea of whats gonna be around the corner, but its your responsability to assume, that not everything is ever set in stone for it
    edited 19.06.2019
    Pretty sure, We never had a calendar before Wascally started to do it ( he/she is trying his/her best with the info he/she have )

I look at the calendar to get a basic idea of whats gonna be around the corner, but its your responsability to assume, that not everything is ever set in stone for it
    I should have written "schedule," not calendar. And Wabbit does a stellar job with the information s/he is given. 
    Post edited by artful (US1) on

I should have written "schedule," not calendar. And Wabbit does a stellar job with the information he is given. 
    Agree @W@WascallyWabbit does a great job and not laying the blame on her or any of the other Mod's. Just expressing my view of the lag of communication between GGS & the Mod's in a timely manner so they have a chance to inform the players.

Not really seeing it as my responsibility to guess/assume when the event actually run. I do understand that there will be and usually are changes to the schedule due to conflicting events, but at least let the Mod's know as soon as possible is all I'm suggesting. ;)

I should have written "schedule," not calendar. And Wabbit does a stellar job with the information he is given. 
    Agree @W@WascallyWabbit does a great job and not laying the blame on her or any of the other Mod's. Just expressing my view of the lag of communication between GGS & the Mod's in a timely manner so they have a chance to inform the players.
    My original post says pretty much the same thing! :)

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    while I applaude @WascallyWabbit for the calendar... we all played without one for years...  I am fine without it... and happy  to make less work for  @WascallyWabbit for not keeping one going!
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    edited 25.06.2019
    I appreciate getting the calender. In spite of the sudden changes that occure it gives an idea of what to expect. Guess its like in real life we can´t plan 100% certain because unexpected things happen and disrupt them. Not that it is an excuse.

Trust that those who make the plans + programmers are in sink = work together before announcing the calender?

On another note. Will we soon get the calender for July?

Cheers :smile:

editing in, I do wonder why all the countries forum servers do not get a message immediately from the programmers when a change is made? It can´t be hard for them to place a message on the Forums and not have to go by the mods a day or two later? They are programmers, have the know how :wink:
    Post edited by Summer (SKN1) on
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    why not just have a countdown timer for all events :D 
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 25.06.2019

Unlike what some players are convinced of, newish players obviously,  the events schedule used to be known much in advance.  Date and CET starting time were announced by CMs

CMs now dont communicate with the public anymore

The starting time for the events has been scrapped, they said because players would come over here and complain if there was any delay

Then the dates have been scrapped as well, knowing them has been only possible via the MODs, due to their generous voluntary work. 

Lists were made as soon as dates were available, until @WascallyWabbit  has found a way to make these lists much easier to read with the monthly calendar, great work that needs a big round of applause

GGS is not getting the applause tho, once again, they fail their customers at every occasion, too busy designing tricky hot deals, reading statistics and pushing the game beyond the limits

• sultan6 (INT1)sultan6 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 49
    When will we get the July calendar?
    Was it canceled?
  • I too would like to see what is supposedly 'planned' for July (but will take it with a bit of a pinch of salt after the farce that was Junes attempt at a schedule!) 
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    Don't care too much about the calendar in general as we have come to accept it will change regardless, but please, pretty please, with sugar on top, tell us when the FHWE is slated for.....
  • sally2016 (GB1)sally2016 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    Why another HWE straight after the finish CHWE ?. Surely with the multiple changes to the June calendar, it would have been much better to have continued with the CHWE where everyone was in the swing of participating. I should have posted this before, but with the calendar, you never know if there are last minute changes.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes without the calendar. It's going to make planning when to make more time for the game interesting that's for sure. Hopefully we get a reasonable amount of notification when an event is about to begin too so we can plan at least a bit for it. 

A huge thanks though Wascally and Rowdy for the work you've put into keeping the calendar running!  
  • No more events calendar!!!

Sign In to comment.