Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

VF Long Challenges started accidentally, suggestions

I've been posting about this for months, but people starting random long challenges is killing us on the VF.  My suggestion in the past has been to only let deputies start or access the long challenges.  

Another possible idea is please let us pay gold to stop these long challenges when they are started by someone accidentally.  We usually realize one minute after it's started and we cannot stop it and are stuck for 12 hours.  I would pay big amounts of gold to let us stop these.  BF is losing out on the GOLD MAKING prospect on this deal.

Comments

• Terra1111 (US1)Terra1111 (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    Another idea is to have it to where the short challenges are the first pages to come up when looking for challenges.  Why are the longest ones the first ones that pop up?  too easy for people to just click in a second and go to a 12 hour challenge.  Which is exactly what happened every time.

So to put in the briefest way to Big Farm Moderators:

1. Put a shelving option for long challenges, we have it on the CC missions which are only 30 minutes. so I know this possible.  
    2.  Only deputies can access and/or start long challenges.
    3.  Have the first challenges listed be the short challenges, do not have the 12 hour challenges pop up first when you click to view challenges.

• I think that is an excellent idea, and no doubt BF would make $.   
    Thanks, Hummingbird!  : )
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We just had this happen, effectively killing the VF for us for the duration. We really need to limit long challenges to deputies and leaders, and, as was suggested, put the short challenges on the first page.
    We had someones start up a 14 hour challenge yesterday morning.  And now this morning at 5 am eastern time someone started up another 14 hour challenge.  So we've only been able to do 2 short challenges since this VF started.  It's insane, BF could easily fix this problem and yet they won't even consider it.

What is the point of 14 hour long challenges anyway?  they aren't do-able.  I thought 13 hour ones were bad enough.  At this point I don't even care any more whether they have any events or VFs or CCs or any other thing.  They always make it impossible to enjoy.  I used to buy gold, too, but haven't in 6 months now because of this sort of thing.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We had someones start up a 14 hour challenge yesterday morning.  And now this morning at 5 am eastern time someone started up another 14 hour challenge.  So we've only been able to do 2 short challenges since this VF started.  It's insane, BF could easily fix this problem and yet they won't even consider it.

What is the point of 14 hour long challenges anyway?  they aren't do-able.  I thought 13 hour ones were bad enough.  At this point I don't even care any more whether they have any events or VFs or CCs or any other thing.  They always make it impossible to enjoy.  I used to buy gold, too, but haven't in 6 months now because of this sort of thing.
    Enthusiasm for the event has been slowly growing in our coop, and some of our members buy gold. They stopped when the VF was nerfed by the 14-hour challenge.

To cut down on accidents, they could at least have a confirm button for long challenges -- "Are you sure you want to risk the ire of your teammates by starting a 14-hour challenge?"

Or maybe there could be a check box at the start of each VF allowing the leader to select the maximum allowable time for the challenges.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    if they made it deputies only could start a challenge that would solve all as you would on deputize peeps that would work with the leader to do the best for the coop! sure it is an easy thing for GGS to do. Otherwise what is the point in having deputies if everyone can start whatever they want???

We do not have this issue, but I can understand the frustration for others who have peeps not listening to leaders!!!
  • FromPol (FR1)FromPol (FR1) FR1 Posts: 1,712

Enthusiasm for the event has been slowly growing in our coop, and some of our members buy gold. They stopped when the VF was nerfed by the 14-hour challenge.

To cut down on accidents, they could at least have a confirm button for long challenges -- "Are you sure you want to risk the ire of your teammates by starting a 14-hour challenge?"

Or maybe there could be a check box at the start of each VF allowing the leader to select the maximum allowable time for the challenges.
    Hello,

I agree about "there could be a check box at the start of each VF allowing the leader to select the maximum allowable time for the challenges.", modifying par him/her all time. For example, in day, select 3 or 4 hours max, and evening remove this contraint.

Have a good play,
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    What is the point of 14 hour long challenges anyway?
    The point is to accumulate bonus percentage (they have more challenge rewards). They did have more sense though when the village league was a week long.

The time of the challenges though seems to keep on increasing and that is not really good, since as you said they aren't doable (meaning they are awful for getting a decent score) and you don't get more bonus percentage even though they keep on getting longer (the 14h challenge in our server used to be 13h). That is just wasted time.
    edited 16.06.2019
    "To cut down on accidents, they could at least have a confirm button for long challenges -- "Are you sure you want to risk the ire of your teammates by starting a 14-hour challenge?"

Exactly, LOL!  We get really riled up over this problem and have booted several people in the past few months.  The lure of the "do you want to start a challenge?" is apparently too tempting for people, and it immediately takes them to 14 hour challenges instead of short ones, which I don't understand at all unless BF is making gold off this deal in some obscure way that I have yet to see.  
Sign In to comment.