Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Harassment ... use of sparkles

•  i dont like sparkles ... especially on silo, composter and mill since they give a lot of experience points and i dont like shinny things on my farm ... but thats another story.
  • i always return sparkles ... depending on lv ... what they have on the fields,gardens or meadow especially ex. long-term-crops dont give much if fields/gardens/meadow are low lv ... or trees gives more dollars when harvest.
So now i get sparkles on mill, silo and composter and/or long-terms productions as cherry-trees from certain players all the time... 

And really there are so many other ways to harrass players ... they dont have to use sparkles.

It seems unlikely that ggs are gonna remove spakles/pranks since they have introduced some new ones.

So  .... is it possible to limit use of sparkle/pranks so they only can be used within a coop.

Comments

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    Guys, I had to edit this thread very heavily in order to comply with forum rules.
    Unfortunately editing can only go so far and many of your posts could not be retained.

However, anyone wanting to comment on the issue of sparkles in the game is very welcome to repost their opinions. Please just keep in mind that it needs to be done in a polite manner and that naming and shaming is not allowed on the forum.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Okay, I don't know what it was I said that was not within the forum rules.  I still stand by my opinion that I stand by sparkles. 
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    I have been playing this game far to long and i know other players in other co ops who i sparkle out of courtesy of playing the game 

to limit sparkles just to a coop would loose the point of sparkles i think 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I carefully quoted only the last sentence of the original post, and said I liked being able to sparkle players in other coops. Not sure why my post was deleted.
  • Jacobus (GB1)Jacobus (GB1) GB1 Posts: 22
    Some people should just get it that it is better to play on their own
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @artful (US1)
    @SuzyQ22 (US1)

It was not aimed at you personally. It is just practically difficult for me to edit the whole thread with the tools at my disposal.
    However, if you cannot recall what you said I will go look through the logs and attempt to bring it back for you by hand.
  • loron (GB1)loron (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    I love sparkles,  Any one can sparkle me and i will always sparkle them back. it does not matter what group they are in, i will sparkle another player in  a mission if i think they are playing great its a form of saying well done.....sparkles should be allowed to be sparkled on any groups farm not just the group you are in . I am for the sparkle - keep the sparkle as it is  x
  • Jacobus (GB1)Jacobus (GB1) GB1 Posts: 22
    Amen
    There is also so much joy sparkling someone on  a low level whom you encounter in a mission. Even greater joy to let them win sometimes
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    So agree. Keep the sparkles! How the question even came to mind is beyond me. 

Wish my post hadn´t gotten deleted, I do not have time to rewrite it.

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    RowdyRac said:
    @artful (US1)
    @SuzyQ22 (US1)

It was not aimed at you personally. It is just practically difficult for me to edit the whole thread with the tools at my disposal.
    However, if you cannot recall what you said I will go look through the logs and attempt to bring it back for you by hand.
    It's okay, I think it was just a thanks for sparks from a certain player so maybe I did a "call out" of a player but it wasn't in a bad way.  No need to go digging.  Thanks Rowdy.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Personally I feel the sparkles, dust, gifts, charms what ever you want to call them, are a great part of the game. I always use them on our newer members to help them get their farms going so they can built it up :-)
    It was the pranks that most player's complained about as those where and to some extent still used to impede farmers when used against them. Mostly during  a CC event.
  • Rowdy - happy that you deleted my post - it was only there in self defence anyways and with your editing it was no longer needed.  Thanks.

Just to add I love to both give and receive sparkles - the more the merrier.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i for one would not mind a button that makes your farm so no one can sparkle it most of the time sparkles are great but some times they do harm too sparks have costed me gold and product i never get mad or say anything to other players because they just think they are doing me a favor and some times it is but sometimes it also costs me so unless they are a new player i almost never sparkle anyone farm with out prior knowledge of what they would like i for one would also like more of the pranks like tunki they help me a lot in hard worker but i see how some use it to be mean so maybe only allow 1 on a farm at a time or if possible to put a thing allowing sparks on a farm do one for pranks too and that would solve the prank problem too and let the ones that want them too have them 
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    How did someone giving you sparkles cost you gold?
    I hate the &&^*% pranks; before they were no longer sold, they were used to blanket several farms and almost caused 3 people (that I know of) to quit.
    -
    I know people on a few different co-ops, and sparkle them often.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    How did someone giving you sparkles cost you gold?
    I hate the &&^*% pranks; before they were no longer sold, they were used to blanket several farms and almost caused 3 people (that I know of) to quit.
    -
    I know people on a few different co-ops, and sparkle them often.
    because for hardworker if i am trying to get the smallest possible so that time goes faster and some one sparks that sparkle can add a lot of time so i either skip with gold or use gold to speed stuff up if i dont have seaweed and sparking the mill and silo i have to sell at a lose so sparkles are not always good they have messed me up several times personally more so then pranks ever did must be i was lucky and they were used on stuff i did not care about and with the old pranks those just costed you 15min the new ones do cost a little product which could hurt but you could see if someone has a good prank usually players have more then one building and i love having them take away product for the hard worker event i think they should make it so you can choose to let someone sparkle your farms or not and that would solve everyones problem we just shut it off and turn it on when we want them we all play differently and see things differently different things help players in different ways just because it works or hurts someone does not mean it does the same to everyone 
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 14.06.2019
    Oh... I never thought about it being a problem during the Hard Worker Events.
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    I'll be sure to keep an eye out in future.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file