Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Cooperative Championship "Masters League" - Discussion

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 11.06.2019
    If programming would be as easy as 1-2-3

Your continued argument that "programming is hard" doesn't hold water. Would you put up with a surgeon who botches operation after operation after operation, and his excuse is "surgery is hard?"  The bottom line is that the customers are given substandard work again and again.  This may satisfy you, but most of us find it unacceptable in this or any other business. (And those who continue to point it out and ask for better are not "negative" or "chronic complainers." )  The bottom line is if some programmers aren't up to the task, management should look at improving their hiring practices. We shouldn't have to settle.

Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 11.06.2019
    I'm pretty sure, that when they are working on the game, they are trying to make it right, the most they can

I highly doubt, they are oh look I'll code it, to add many bugs, just to annoy customers

• 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249

Having done a lot of coding myself I can say that nothing ever went live to the internet without thorough testing in-house and by beta testers. That's not to say bugs never got through, they certainly did, but once a bug was known about, all hands were on deck to locate and fix the bug IMMEDIATELY. There was none of this crap of leaving multiple bugs for years and continue issuing new material hoping the bugs would go away by themselves.Take a good read back through the forum and you will quickly identify many bugs that have existed for years in this game.

People play this game because it's actually a good game and they have made many good friends here. Is it so bad that people are not allowed to expect a game that works properly especially given that many people pay real money to play it. The purpose of any good business is to provide a good service that can be relied upon. We stay with this game because we like it and by communicating our concerns we are hoping GGS will listen and fix things up.
    Furthermore, since GGS no longer run test servers, that effectively makes us the beta testers but they are still not listening...
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Yes, the game is actually good ... it is colorful ... fun to play. And i have made some good friends.
    Too bad, GGS doesnt realize that they have built a good farming game ... they arent promoting it enough.

Lately, some changes are happening ... hopefully the speed at which things get better improves.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    PCA (GB1) said:
    If programming would be as easy as 1-2-3

it is a lot easier for most other game makers 

Programming, a job like another, certainly not at the top of the list of challenging professions

Some people do their job well, some don't

Can I ask who don't perform their jobs 

On small voice node
     :p  u r not reffering ggs employees

• Lets be totally honest shall we - the new masters league will be bugged/broken/not work properly - anything new always is, and then of course people will complain - especially if they have spent real money on the game.  I for one, do not like spending money on anything that is faulty - hence complaining.  I enjoy the game yes, but that enjoyment is overshadowed by all the bugs and errors.  

The programmers earn a (very decent) wage for performing a service for ggs - that service is currently sub standard (otherwise there wouldn't be so many bugs) and its the customer that is paying the consequences.  

I cant think of any other business field where this would be acceptable - and nor should it be in gaming.
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    But it is acceptable in any other business fields  ... and we have learned to accept it: Not so many years ago a washingmachine could last almost a lifetime ... now if we're lucky we have it 4-6 years ... and how about cars .... they have never been so bugged as they are now. Or some of the letters we get from public institutions with wrong information ??? Seldom a programmers fault.

And about business in generel: its always the customer who are paying ... its a standard-rule  ... else there wouldnt be any business at all. A business  in generel are trying to earn money and keeping expenses as low as possible. And they are also trying to  attract new customers so there will always be changes.

But the best thing of all is the forum  ... getting a lot of people to 'work for free' ... to providing usefull information for ggs ;-)  ... that whats costumer-service is all about in any business.

Or the cc-test-run the other day  ... very fast way to collect a lot of bugs in a short time ... and again players are 'working for free' just like people do when they are answering a questionnaire. 

GOLD LEAGUE NEWS

Hi everyone,

The red bars, that show the demotions from the gold league, are missing (as you have noticed),
    but there are still demotions, so look here in your event ( tab 2) .........

............ to see how many coops are being demoted on your server.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 11.06.2019
    PCA (GB1) said:
    why allow some to be promoted or demoted, while for others  the result didn't count ? 

It either counts or it doesn't, and if being 1st  after 2 hours CC was not good enough to be promoted to master league, then being at bottom of the list of any league equally was not bad enough to be demoted
    I was wondering the same exact thing. I assume that they didn't want to start the summer season before the summer officially started, lol. In any case it was a very badly executed cc in my opinion: ggs puts in the forum an important announcement, knowing that not everybody visits the forum, the cc with ranking consequences just lasted couple hours making it impossible for many to participate (and most people just keep on participating to ensure the ranking place) and the in-game message about the upcoming cc was what, a 5 mins notice? At the very least ggs could have sent a System message informing about the cc as you send messages for wwc rankings.

PCA (GB1) said:

There are no arrows but it says " demoted per division: bottom 2"
    Thank you. I never noticed it, lol.

once a bug was known about, all hands were on deck to locate and fix the bug IMMEDIATELY. 
    That is not true for all bugs.  Critical ones will be fixed immediately no matter what asap; non critical depend on other criteria. Whether a bug will be fixed or not, depends on how critical the bug is, how often it occurs, how many users it affects, where the bug is located in the code and how easy/complicated is to fix. Some bugs are tolerable, others are not. Some are easy to reproduce and fix, while others are too hard to reproduce which makes fixing difficult if not impossible.

As the code grows, usually the code becomes entangled (full of dependencies), since you start building over what was built and plugging things here and there and adding things to functions that were not designed to work in the way you need them to work now. You do the best you can in the time you have with what is already available (you cannot write the whole code/game from zero). Some things get old and unnecessary, code gets duplicated and harder to maintain, more error prone. Things that somebody has added to fix something, gets changed by someone else because it is breaking something else, which makes old bugs appear and disappear.  Many people are touching the same code and people maintaining/developing the code change. For different people what it is obvious is not the same or what was very obvious back then it isn't anymore, which makes undocumented areas rather tricky. A change in a function that before only affected a little part of the code, now might be affecting many, thus every time a function gets changed even a little bit multiple things might get broken. Whether this gets caught or not before releasing to the users depends on the testing performed in all the things that depended on the piece of code changed. I would said that probably if the code is not critical, the testing will be rather swallow. So this is why bugs keep happening (old and new ones) and why they keep reaching us, the players.

In my opinion, the code should be refactor and clean up periodically (like a spring cleaning), but in general that weirdly happens, since time cleaning up a code is time that nothing new is being developed and from management perspective that means that you might fall behind your competitors. I think management fears this and usually pushes for quick fixes and more new content, which just keeps pilling up in the undocumented mess that the code has become, more prone to bugs and more annoying to the customer. But as said before, bugs do happen, but not all will be fixed. So unless they get complaints, they will not see how many users it affects and how critical some bugs are, so I doubt they will push to fix something unless many of us complaint.
  • Sorry to be picky guys, but please can you keep off-topic discussions about coding, or anything else not related to the CC, off of this thread, as we have to sift through it all to fill in the feedback reports for the CC. Thankyou :)
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    Thank you @wascallywabbit now working xxxx
    June 24th is 24 days late ...

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    depends if you are talking speaking meteorologically or astronomically i guess 

The timing of the June solstice—or, summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere—varies between June 20 and June 22, depending on the year and time zone

Q: IS THE SUMMER SOLSTICE THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER?

A: Yes and no—it depends on whether we’re speaking meteorologically or astronomically. Most meteorologists divide the year into four seasons based on the months and the temperature cycle, which allows them to compare and organize climate data more easily. In this system, summer begins on June 1 and ends on August 31. Therefore, the summer solstice is not considered to be the first day of summer, meteorologically speaking.

Astronomically, however, the first day of summer is said to be when the Sun reaches its highest point in the sky, which occurs on the summer solstice (June 20–22). Therefore, the summer solstice is considered to be the first day of summer, astronomically speaking.

edited 12.06.2019
    @WascallyWabbit

I mean you no disrespect, but coding is definitely not off topic. Coding is the major problem in most of GGS's problems and is the point we need to get across to them that they need to fix. I think that @mia111 (GB1) comments should be forwarded directly to the top management's office.

Mia hits the nail right on the head and it it needs to be fixed. The point I made "once a bug was known about, all hands were on deck to locate and fix the bug IMMEDIATELY." was also correct in my case because the company I ran, I insisted that where possible, all coding was mapped (as Mia said "documented") in a way that everyone could understand and see what changes needed to be made. In those days, we didn't have templates, style sheets, CSS or WYSIWYG programmes like Dreamweaver to make life easy.

[See PM | Wabbit]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Jeanette89 (SKN1)Jeanette89 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 18
    Hi,
    Yes, and that this is done now when we are in Bronze will have high influenze on our chances to reach Master League or even Gold. We have to use at least two rounds before having a chance to compeat for it..
    First going from Bronze to Silver, and then from Silver to Gold..and first then we will get a chance ..

In the meantime at least two teams will have MasterLeage advantages ...

BR
    Jeanette

• Jessie g (GB1)Jessie g (GB1) GB1 Posts: 7
    hi  at moment we 2nd in divi  2 bronze, i team  go to silver    ...rookie  1st divi  4 teams promoted   they must come into   bronze  divi 2    we never gonna get out  of league  there be more and mor in that league surely
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 13.06.2019
    masters league is an empty tab for me, dunno how you participate in it as there are no instructions whatsoever

No idea where the deco is for it, will it be supplied?
    Only information needed now is the % of production boosters inside Monument of the products like milk, eggs, pigs etc. Hopefully we get some info before CC starts on 24th.

Also, ML coins have to be made available outside of just winning them from playing in ML, either with purchase from gold or winning from some other events.

• masters league is an empty tab for me, dunno how you participate in it as there are no instructions whatsoever

No idea where the deco is for it, will it be supplied?
    @archerbob (AU1) It would be empty until  the start of the next CC, then the promoted coops will show there & they will get their deco.

It would be interesting to know just which teams are going to be in the masters league for the next cc? Do tell, please.
    @amazingrose7 (GB1) Maybe the #1 gold coops from our 8 servers will post who they are, you would have to ask on the other forums to get the other 19. - I will ask if the dev team have  a list that we can post, but it sounds like something the server guy would have to do manually & he is usually really busy.
  • Thank you Wascally Wabbit.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    guessing you will need over 900 million reps at least to be a contender for the top 5....
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
     How does one get his hands on this? Is it part of the new masters league?
  • yomismo1 (ES1)yomismo1 (ES1) ES1 Posts: 2,291
    Cooperativa Morty España, is the winner of the Spanish server, to play the Master League
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    @Michiru (GB1)

It is a favorite offer. You can buy it for 40k gold (50% discount)

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    @Michiru (GB1)

Oooh I haven't seen it yet! Thanks! 

Wait, did you say 40k?!

• Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    @Michiru (GB1)

Wait, did you say 40k?!

Its completely worth it .
    It gives nearly double the output of our normal garden with sw humus at level 10 thereby greatly reducing no of specials/sw needed for bonus in CHWE, etc .
    Also its upgrade is using dollars . only takes gold for buying it at level 1.

Nice GIF  :D .
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    @Michiru (GB1)

Wait, did you say 40k?!

Its completely worth it .
    It gives nearly double the output of our normal garden with sw humus at level 10 thereby greatly reducing no of specials/sw needed for bonus in CHWE, etc .
    Also its upgrade is using dollars . only takes gold for buying it at level 1.

Nice GIF  :D .
    Did u click on 40k option and u put on ur gournat or just u are giving ur opinion
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I purchased the Beach Garden and think its is worth it. At lvl 10 it gives a +50% product over the regular garden. It also produces more than the Fertile Garden! :)
Sign In to comment.