Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Monstrous Field / Garden / Meadow

Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
Triple the Size!
1.5 times the yield!

<3

Comments

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    edited 04.06.2019
    A great idea but people who don't have any suggestions on them self's just read put a lol under a post and do nothing (appericiate or criticize)
    Just don't knwi why players put their frustration on other players 
    Have a big heart start a topic if u can 

Thank u for putting a lol on both parts :kissing_heart:

(WiseWing: The "LOL post" posted before this post was removed)
    Post edited by WiseWing (FormerMod) on
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 04.06.2019
    I dont mind the LoL's

There's badges for collecting them :)

its just funny, to get them for something that have not much funny aspects to them

But like a certain Einstein said.. Everything is relative

So to some persons what is funny, is entirely different than it is for certain others 
    Post edited by Exxy (INT1) on
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 04.06.2019
    Triple the Size!
    1.5 times the yield!

<3
    Triple the size of regular  fields, or triple the size of fertile fields???

I demolished regular cows and regular ducks, which I paid regular farm dollars to build & upgrade, in order to build my large cows and large ducks.   Yet,  this monstrous field would have to provide some super-amounts of crops before I would be persuaded to demolish my fertile fields, which I have spent many, many golds to upgrade. 

And, what makes the large cows and large ducks popular is their reduced, harvest-ready times. 
    I doubt GGS would be willing to provide shorter harvest-ready times for crops.  I think that would cause lots of headaches on the development side just to provide a small benefit on the player's side-- (if that were the case, then what do you think the price-tag / upgrade cost would be for a monstrous field?  *cough* lots of gold *cough* )  -- and just think of the development hours it would need to calculate all-new harvest-ready-times for all the crops. (and not just one time, but three times for (1)fields, (2)gardens, and (3)meadows) LOL  :D

So then, without a reduced harvest-ready time, yet this monstrous fields provides a measly 1.5x higher yield,
    and carries the size of x3 fields--  I would not be interested.     A smaller profile,  x2 the size of a field--- then maybe I would be tempted to demo some fertiles... or if it used considerably less workers to upgrade.... then maybe I would be interested, maybe.     And, I would only build one monstrous field-- for the sole reason of being able to push special seeds and/or event seeds and yield a much higher amount of crops than a fertile field would produce.

--My 2 cents. 
    Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on
    edited 04.06.2019
    Well. a 1.5x yield, combined with handbooks and seaweed humus , it would increase a lot the potential output :)

it would need to be tweaked

I was only throwing the idea like that :)

Now think of an even larger meadow... lol The potentially largest building in game! 

Happy Farming
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I would prefer more smaller footprint items with higher output and fewer workers, like the co-op orchards and the candy cowsheds.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I would prefer more smaller footprint items with higher output and fewer workers, like the co-op orchards and the candy cowsheds.
    I would, too. Greater flexibility, and allows players to have well-balanced farms while increasing output.
    edited 04.06.2019
    There's regular-sized fields, gardens, and meadows, which have a max upgrade of level 9.
    (upgrade cost : farm dollars)

Then, there's fertile fields, gardens, and meadows, which use a smaller footprint than the regular-sized, and can be upgraded to level 10, which provides a slightly higher output than the regular-sized version.
    (upgrade cost : gold)     *could this be what you're describing*  hmmm.  ;)

And then, there's the suggestion of creating giant-sized fields, gardens, and meadows, which would yield an even-higher output than the two previous, yet use double or triple the footprint size.   All the while, still follow the same harvest-times as the two existing fields-- since the details of a reduced harvest-time or a finalized output have yet to be decided.   Hence my emphasis on the word: suggestion.   :D 

EDIT:  a good topic for debate would  be the use of space (size / footprint)  vs. fewer workers required. 

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I dont mind the LoL's

There's badges for collecting them :)

its just funny, to get them for something that have not much funny aspects to them

But like a certain Einstein said.. Everything is relative

So to some persons what is funny, is entirely different than it is for certain others 
    I honestly thought that it was intended to be funny   :¬)
    You appeared (to me) to be suggesting that we took out 3 normal fields to build it but only got 1.5 times the output thus effectively halving the output.
    I thought it was intended to be a comment on GGS and the doubtful advantage of the Copious Cowshed
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 04.06.2019
    It would look funny to have 3 times something. What would be the shape? Long rectangle? L shaped building? T shaped? Tetris figures keep coming my mind. All those cases would be a headache for both players and developers I would say. It is best if they stick with powers of two (whether being half, twice, four times, etc) or small reductions (like in the coop apple orchard).

In general, ideally one would like smaller buildings with higher yield, less workers and cash upgrade-able. The benefit of smaller harvesting times is somewhat doubtful, even if you are a player that spends long time playing (see Byron Longford posts about the mega buildings for that), helpful maybe for those that speed up with gold.

You want smaller buildings since you can fit more, and more means that you can take higher advantage of drops for events and library books. For example, 2 level one fertile fields provide more harvest than a single fully upgraded field and obviously double the drop for events. Same with fertile meadows and gardens.

Higher yield buildings are good for seaweed usage (best products per seaweed ratios), but in general you only need one of these buildings for that purpose if they do not have any other clear advantage.

Less workers would allow you to have less houses and with that space for other things, whether decos or more production buildings.

It is important that the buildings are cash upgrade-able because in any other case, at least in my case, I lose interest (they would take forever to level up and have better uses for the gold, like books or simply I keep using the gold for playing events and buying some decos or things I like). For example, my fertile fields/gardens/meadows stay at level 1. And I regret having bought the efficient olive grove. Personally, I will not try/play events that have as prizes non-cash-upgrade-able buildings.

Current mega buildings introduced in the game need less workers, lower harvesting times and higher yields in general (so higher yields per seaweed), the cow shed also having less seaweed needs. I would be maybe interested in having a mega building twice the double of a field (or 4 fertile fields) and twice the double of a garden if the have similar advantages. I would not be interested in a double meadow, since those are humongous already to start with. In general in the flower farm I want smaller buildings.

Other than crops buildings, I would be maybe interested in a mega beehive (max 4 beehives size) if they were to introduce seaweed honey dew (and please also introduce short time honey dew). And in a mega donkey building, which would give lots of dung (with seaweed affecting the dung amount and please also introduce fast donkey feed), since I am fed up with dung missions (though this might be bite back as the dung requirements for the mission will increase...).

Edit: and please when you introduce a new building, do not forget the skins for all available sets. I am still waiting for new skins from the weekly events sets choose-able as rewards from completing the weekly events, please. My poor coop apple trees also want to be able to use the currently useless camping skins!

Edit 2: Please, consider to adding long time, medium time and short time starters (feed, fertilizer, honeydew, ...) for all buildings, to adapt to different players schedules.
    Post edited by mia111 (GB1) on
    Another reason I would avoid mega anything is that the dynamics of the game are changing constantly. For example, if they added a new production facility, we'd be scrambling to find space for it. I'd much prefer demolishing a small field, rather than a mega one, to make room.

Other than crops buildings, I would be maybe interested in a mega beehive (max 4 beehives size) if they were to introduce seaweed honey dew (and please also introduce short time honey dew). And in a mega donkey building, which would give lots of dung (with seaweed affecting the dung amount and please also introduce fast donkey feed), since I am fed up with dung missions (though this might be bite back as the dung requirements for the mission will increase...).
    (going off-topic)
    Seaweed feed (honey dew) for the apiary-bees.
    YES, ME WANTS!  Please please please! :p

I would like to see a long-term feed that would provide a super-monstrous "dung output" for the pigs & donkeys...  5~6 hour pigs, and 8~12 hour donkeys...
    That would probably renew interest with the dreaded dung missions. :)
    And would probably give new meaning to the phrase, "now there's a pile of dung." :D

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325

(going off-topic)
    Seaweed feed (honey dew) for the apiary-bees.
    YES, ME WANTS!  Please please please! :p

I would like to see a long-term feed that would provide a super-monstrous "dung output" for the pigs & donkeys...  5~6 hour pigs, and 8~12 hour donkeys...
    That would probably renew interest with the dreaded dung missions. :)
    And would probably give new meaning to the phrase, "now there's a pile of dung." :D

well if talking feed i really want a medium cow 7min and 7 hours is a Hugh difference a 3 to 4 hour cow would be great and i know that the big cows do that now so maybe when used on big cows it could cut there time in half to make it even and a fast duck feed would be great too and i always liked the idea of a long 7 to 8 hour pig too with more out put pigs are pretty hard for the weekly event especially if you have limited play time
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I dont like the idea mainly because event drops are based on pure number of fields rather than levels and outputs. If anything id prefer fields that were even smaller with similar or higher outputs so I can put even more of them in and cramp my wrists/RSI constantly clicking them........but im a sucker for punishment!  :p
    LOL!
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I dont like the idea mainly because event drops are based on pure number of fields rather than levels and outputs. If anything id prefer fields that were even smaller with similar or higher outputs so I can put even more of them in and cramp my wrists/RSI constantly clicking them........but im a sucker for punishment!  :p
    now that makes more sense!! smaller fields with higher output! more swapping out facilities to improve output!!! how about more land to add all this fun stuff! I probably couldn't afford it! LOL
    I dont like the idea mainly because event drops are based on pure number of fields rather than levels and outputs. If anything id prefer fields that were even smaller with similar or higher outputs so I can put even more of them in and cramp my wrists/RSI constantly clicking them........but im a sucker for punishment!  :pensive:

Just wondering @""gizmo22 (AU1)"

How many fields u have on ur main farm as u said cramp in ur wrist
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I currently have 41 fields on my main farm. It can get a bit tedious during wildflower and alfalfa missions but gets a whole lot worse during time reduction. Will need to start lifting weights on only my left arm because my right arm is a lot bigger due to all the speedy mouse clicking (ive opened myself up to another joke now havent I? lol)
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Oh, sorry Seeker1.
    I should have phrased it more clearly.
    I have fertile fields, candy cowsheds, etc, but there are only a few that go smaller, even with gold.
    I would like it if more buildings could be one square smaller, (pigpens, etc).
    The size is the important thing to me, any fewer workers would be just gravy.
    edited 06.06.2019
    I currently have 41 fields on my main farm. It can get a bit tedious during wildflower and alfalfa missions but gets a whole lot worse during time reduction. Will need to start lifting weights on only my left arm because my right arm is a lot bigger due to all the speedy mouse clicking (ive opened myself up to another joke now havent I? lol)

Lol u sure made anorher joke
    But here exxy and I have more fields then u I have 52 fields yet exxy has more fields then I am I think our finger bone should be in to pieces or precisely should be turn those bones in to powder I think :wink:
    If only 41 field make cramps in ur fingers ..
    Thank You <3
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 12.06.2019

Lol u sure made anorher joke
    But here exxy and I have more fields then u I have 52 fields yet exxy has more fields then I am I think our finger bone should be in to pieces or precisely should be turn those bones in to powder I think :wink:
    If only 41 field make cramps in ur fingers ..
    Exxy has sub  :D . He can keep only fields also in her farm and its not an issue as it is one click for everything.

I dont know about you, but i hate keeping fields nowadays.
    They are the most useless building(if you are not active) according to me as i dont collect them and so i have added few apples in place of fields. Curently have 14 fertile fields which also lie useless most of the time.

Post edited by Rocky123 (IN1) on
    I'm a He :)

Just FYI .. ;o
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 12.06.2019

Just FYI .. ;o
       :o  oopsies.
    Thanks for letting me know edited  :) . I still have confusion with some of my server people itself about their gender  :D as i dint ask them yet.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 12.06.2019

Just FYI .. ;o
       :o  oopsies.
    Thanks for letting me know edited  :) . I still have confusion with some of my server people itself about their gender  :D as i dint ask them yet.
    You can ask me ....  our server only  :p
Sign In to comment.