Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    To get to this forum I had to go via the German forum. Fortunately I know the way or I would have been locked out from this forum tonight. Others prob have the same problem and don´t know how to access through the German forum. Best get login fixed.

Another maybe small, but annoying problem are the snowballs. The event ended days ago so we do not really need or want to keep collecting them. Will that be corrected soon?

Cheers :smile:
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 17.01.2019
    @Summer (SKN1) Hopefully the snowballs stopped after yesterday's downtime :)

As for the forum login, what do you mean exactly when you say that you had to "go via the German forum"? Can you explain step by step what you clicked & where?
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102
    @Summer (SKN1) Hopefully the snowballs stopped after yesterday's downtime :)

As for the forum login, what do you mean exactly when you say that you had to "go via the German forum"? Can you explain step by step what you clicked & where?
    I have the same problem often, the forum don't recognize your login name and ask you to subscribe(even if we already did and yeah I am a registred member). When you still want to read without login in  and click on that button you enter the German forum.

When this occur I use google and search for Bigfarm forums and use the NL Server and than I am logged in to this forum.

WascllyWabbit sorry for the delay in answering. Tbh FastSylvia (NL1) answered the question quite well, the top part where she writes when you still want to read without login in. Maybe my login was successful although it didn´t show. Because when at the German server that comes up I see my nick up at top of the page, click it and then somehow I get access to the UK forum.

• jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    What are the points which is shown on forum's profile?
    What does they mean and how are they counted?

For making it clear, I am showing an screenshot of my profile which is showing 877 points but I don't know what is it?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 13.02.2019
    It's part of Vanilla Forums Reputation System.  You get points for various things, like when people "Like" or "LOL" one of your posts, you get a point, when you upload an avatar for your profile you get 10 points, etc.

Big Farm doesn't really use Vanilla's Reputation System, but it CAN be used to turn on/off specific things for users, such as "you need 100 points to be able to use a .signature image", displaying a rank icon on your posts, needing more than 50 points in order to post links in your messages, etc. Like I said they don't use them here, but the "Points" are still displayed on your profile page - they're just not of much use here on the BF forums. 

• @jitu7 (IN1) In addition to Southern's response, you also get points for earning/winning badges & there is a leaderboard of the top point scorers;

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/badges
    It times out.

Had to google and go via a link there.

Never had this problem before. Could it be something at my end or .... ?

Grateful for an answer :smile:

• Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Had same problem here 
  • Bibleman7 (US1)Bibleman7 (US1) US1 Posts: 172
    I have the same problem too
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Forum is back up now. Happy dance! animated-dancing-smiley-image-0005 
    Seconds that farmerjohn 22 :smiley:

It works fine now.

:smile:
  • Ladyoz (US1)Ladyoz (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    I'm a co-op leader. I created a group here for our co-op some time ago, but now I can't post any new discussions to the group because i get this message:

• You do not have permission to post in this category
    Is this a glitch or am I missing something?
  • I'm a co-op leader. I created a group here for our co-op some time ago, but now I can't post any new discussions to the group because i get this message:

@Ladyoz (US1) Sounds like a glitch, because, as far as I know even members can post anywhere. When you open the group, what does it say at the top, next to the picture? - Does it say that you are the owner, a leader or both?
    edited 29.04.2019
    I'm a co-op leader. I created a group here for our co-op some time ago, but now I can't post any new discussions to the group because i get this message:

@Ladyoz (US1) Sounds like a glitch, because, as far as I know even members can post anywhere. When you open the group, what does it say at the top, next to the picture? - Does it say that you are the owner, a leader or both?
    @WascallyWabbit it shows me as both owner and leader. Tried everything I could think of - signed out then back in again, changed browsers, cleared cookies/Flash cache etc. Still no go.

[See PM | Wabbit]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • @Ladyoz (US1) It does appear to be broken & its not just you or your group - The CM is investigating further it & will try to get it fixed today, but can't promise anything.
    @Ladyoz (US1) It does appear to be broken & its not just you or your group - The CM is investigating further it & will try to get it fixed today, but can't promise anything.
    @WascallyWabbit thanks so much! :smile:
    Still can't post in my own group.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Does anyone have the link to the updated rules where using the LOL button is like using the FLAG?  Thank you.
    Thank you @Seeker1 (US1), however, what constitutes as funny to many may be found upsetting to another.  Maybe they should just do away with the LOL all together.  Also, after re-reading the forum rules many of these "rules" are being broken.  Hard to keep peeps from expressions.  Thank you again.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 24.05.2019
    Thank you @Seeker1 (US1), however, what constitutes as funny to many may be found upsetting to another.  Maybe they should just do away with the LOL all together.  Also, after re-reading the forum rules many of these "rules" are being broken.  Hard to keep peeps from expressions.  Thank you again.
    @Fawners (US1) The LOL button has been removed from several forums, due to abuse, but we do not want that to happen on the EN forum, so we appreciate that, aside from the occasional slip, members of this Community are respectful enough of each other not to misuse the button. :)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Sorry Wabbit, I couldn't resist the urge to LOL    :¬D
    edited 24.05.2019
    And I couldn't resist the urge to LOL Uncle John.  :D  @WascallyWabbit Back when we first moved to Vanilla forums, we were able to get them to remove the "Dislike" button. It was clear that it was being used to harass other players. But how do you discern between an innocent LOL and one that's meant to harass someone?  B)
    And I couldn't resist the urge to LOL Uncle John.  :D  @WascallyWabbit Back when we first moved to Vanilla forums, we were able to get them to remove the "Dislike" button. It was clear that it was being used to harass other players. But how do you discern between an innocent LOL and one that's meant to harass someone?  B)
    Exactly my point @farmerjohn 22 (US1)   Thank you!  :)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    rofl
    i don't know how they will do it but I have every confidence that our mods will be great at it  :¬)
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    Most cases of "bad" lolling is pretty obvious :)

If it is not clear, we will ask the Lolling person in a PM to explain what they found amusing about the post.

Personally, I have 468 LOL's to my account and yes, I'm sure a good few of those are sarcastically meant BUT ...
    in the end, it's all up to interpretation. 

I look at 468 LOL's and choose to think: "Darn it !  I'm a pretty funny raccoon :lol:

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Replace LOL with Ha Ha Ha

I dont like this LOL anyways ... kids saying it in real life in Live conversation .. it is a bit irritating ..

They'll be like ... " Thanos killed everyone LOL " or  " I dropped into Pochinki and died LOL "

LOL has become a habit for new kids speaking ... not just typing on the internet ...

"Boss : You are Fired ...
    New Kid : LOL ? "

I like the old, simple ... Hahaha
    edited 14.06.2019
    I've been trying to send PM's this morning, and it's not letting me.  :'(   Is anyone else having a problem sending PM's?  :/

EDIT:  Never mind. After several tries, it finally worked.  :) 
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    The forum had a short bout of indigestion during the last hour or so, @farmerjohn 22 (US1) .

It's back to it's old jolly self now  :)
Sign In to comment.