Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Magic bean seeds

Just a quick question about an observation i've made when trying to plant special seeds. My magic bean seed slot has a counter on it, currently calling it limited and counting down from 152 hours.....what does this mean? Am i going to lose my magic bean seeds? Is anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    As I recall, there are some deco's that are like this and they are only available during the related weekly event.
    I think that in the very early days of the game these event seeds were similar but that was changed before I started playing (4.5 years ago lol)
    So, no you are not going to lose your seeds   :¬)  (I've never lost mine)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    John has it.

During the weekly event (Fairy Tale, in this case), certain seeds are made available to purchase.

In the old days, this was for people who wanted an increased drop rate on items (Bread Crumbs & Fireflies, in this particular event). and didn't want to spend hours and hours planting regular corn. (I don't think many other seeds were available back then, like Sunflowers - or if they did they were *extremely* rare prizes. Now they give them out like candy on Halloween :))

If you don't HAVE any seeds it will let you buy these special seeds during the event.  The timer is how long until the event ends. If you already have 1+ seeds, then it won't let you buy any (and just gives you the option to plant the 1 or more that you already have).
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I haven't figured out why I would plant any flower other than roses that give me XP for a 30 min run time. I don't seem to get more drop per min w/ any of the others.  I had *hoped* the magic beans would "magically" drop something of great value... nope!  LOL
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I haven't figured out why I would plant any flower other than roses that give me XP for a 30 min run time. I don't seem to get more drop per min w/ any of the others.  I had *hoped* the magic beans would "magically" drop something of great value... nope!  LOL
    Depends on if you're using seaweed, or will be away from the game longer than the 30 min run time. If using seaweed, I look at the total drop per harvest, not the drop rate per hour.  This was posted a long time ago, and I copied it for reference during events:

Main Farm:
    Wildflowers: 60 per hour (2 minute harvest)*2
    Alfalfa: 48 per hour (3 minute harvest)*2.4
    Corn: 36 per hour (5 minute harvest)*3
    Rutabaga: 26.6 per hour (9 minute harvest)*3.99
    Cabbage: 12 per hour (45 minute harvest)*9
    Wheat: 7 per hour (6 hour harvest)*42

Special Alfalfa: 21.4 per hour (14 minute harvest)*4.99
    Special Wheat: 18.4 per hour (30 minute harvest) *9.2
    Special Rutabaga: 13.6 per hour (45 minute harvest)*10.2
    Special Corn: 12.4 per hour (1 hour harvest)*12.4
    Special Wildflower: 12 per hour (30 minute harvest)*6
    Special Cabbage: 8.5 per hour (4 hour harvest)*34

Rose: 65.2 per hour (30 minute harvest)*32.6
    Rapaseed: 57.9 per hour (35 minute harvest)*33.77
    Violet: 48.8 per hour (45 minute harvest)*36.6
    Yellow Hibiscus: 48.8 per hour (45 minute harvest)*36.6
    Rice: 45.8 per hour (55 minute harvest)*41.98
    Magic Bean: 37.8 per hour (1 hour, 20 minute harvest)*50.4
    GoldFlower: 20.4 per hour (2 hours, 20 minute harvest)*47.6
    Sunflower: 13.5 per hour (8 hour harvest)*108

Gourmet Farm:
    Dandelions: 45 per hour (28 minute harvest)*21
    Barley: 19.6 per hour (3 hour harvest)*58.8
    Lamb's Lettuce: 9.5 per hour (7 hour harvest)*69.3

Spec. Lamb's Lettuce: 17.6 per hour (45 minute harvest) *13.2
    Spec. Dandelions: 10 per hour (7 hour harvest) *70
    Spec. Barley: 9.3 per hour (8 hour harvest) *74.4

Flower Farm:
    Jasmine: 28.3 per hour (2 hour harvest) *56.6
    Lavender: 15.1 per hour (5 hour harvest) *75.5
    Vanilla: 14.3 per hour (6 hour harvest) *85.8
    Aloe Vera: 14.3 per hour (6 hour harvest) *85.8

Spl lavender - 28.57 per hour (1 45 hours harvest) *49.9
    Spl Jasmine - 11.42 per hour ( 8 45 hours harvest) *99.9
    Spl vanilla - 46.66 per hour( 45 mins harvest) *34.9
    Spl aloe vera - 50 per hour( 30 mins harvest) *25

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Depends on if you're using seaweed, or will be away from the game longer than the 30 min run time. If using seaweed, I look at the total drop per harvest, not the drop rate per hour.  This was posted a long time ago, and I copied it for reference during events:

<snip>
    That chart was for hats & clovers though (and it also works on Japanese Golden Week for Blossoms & Pellets), it wasn't designed for the weekly events.   The drop rates for the weekly events change from event to event, although the pattern is usually the same; sunflowers always drop the most, followed by wheat, followed by bean, then usually rice, violets, roses, etc., etc.

Take A Fairy Tale as an example, Beans will drop 30 Bread Crumbs per field, (if they drop, that is - there's always a chance that you don't get any), whereas Violets will drop 13 and Roses will only drop 10. Of course Beans are a 80 minute harvest, Violets 45, and Roses 30. So even on a "drop per hour" basis, Beans win. :)  (Course, Special Alfalfa is still the best @ 37.5 Drops per hour).

CBF has all the drop rates for each individual event on her page, it's always handy to take a gander at that to see what gives the best drop rates (unless you're using Seaweed of course, then it's always Sunflowers.. At least until we know what kind of drop rates these new seeds give us. I'm not subscribed so I won't be collecting that data).
    @Southern (US1)  yes, I was speaking in general in answer to Deb's statement about not planting anything but roses. And yes, I do use the chart mainly for special events, not the themed ones, although the roses, violets, etc., do drop at a higher rate than regular seeds ... at least mine do.
  • harvestmoonn (INT1)harvestmoonn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 851
    edited 14.05.2019
    anyone found a real magic bean that lead them to sky yet?
    id like to see golden egg hehe
    anyone found a real magic bean that lead them to sky yet?
    id like to see golden egg hehe
    That's what I thought they would do the first time I planted them. I waited and waited and waited .... nothing! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file