Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Updates Apr 25th & Apr 30th - A Circus, a Subscription, a Pleasure Park & a Buzz! - Discussion

Comments

• Veld (US1)Veld (US1) US1 Posts: 19
    And the other risk to having to move decorations around - forgetting what comes from where.  I'd forgotten how many of my snowmen were still in the dropbox and hadn't been previously rezzed on a working farm, so just dismantled FOUR of them for parts that I thought were duplicates.  *headdesks*
  • Gratiappp (NL1)Gratiappp (NL1) NL1 Posts: 39
    is there actually someone working on solving my problem?
    the game is still NOT loaded. Have the problem for a few days and the patience sometimes runs out !!!!
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Now about three days of the event have passed and I feel I can give a proper feedback.

First of all, the event has potential, but currently, I am not really enjoying the event. I like the concept: it is kinda of an optimization problem between decos placed and stalls, so in that sense a is nice puzzle/challenge, but the event as a whole is far from being enjoyable. 

After learning the mechanics it is indeed possible to go to high speeds to reach all rewards (I have reached over a million points per second more than at the beginning and certainly more is possible, although the higher the speed, the higher the expense) Apart from the concept, I don't like the event, sadly: the event is way too expensive (could be passable and consider to play it once in a while), too time consuming (as it is this is a no-no) and too irritating due to many little annoyances I will list later below.

*It is way too expensive: 4 days will easily take as much money as a whole month in a fully developed island if no more. Stalls require too many products to fill them which either you buy or speed. Sure it is cheaper to fill less amount of products and so keeping each stall less time, but then you would have to be 24h a day placing stalls without doing anything else. And pay full price for items donated, not 25%. You already have to buy most of the goods to donate, which is expensive enough. Don't repeat the mistake from the first Christmas event, please. Each stall is like a mini hard worker event in the amount of products asked and you need to place lots of them, which requires way too much cash and way too much time. Which leads to the next point,

*It takes too much time: No single other event requires so much time. I mean it takes me 1 full hour to place stalls. And that has to be done every 4h... really? Come on, I cannot even tend the farm, which I really need to since this event needs a huge amount of items. Lower the amount of items and increase the amount of time. Rebalance the event.

*It has too many annoyances:
    - placing the decos: it would be nice it remembers the tab and page I took the last deco from
    - filling the stalls: requires too many products, most times I have to do several round trips between the stall and the farms to gather products until my barn is full and back again until the stall is full and so on. Due to the annoyance of having to change farms I am not even harvesting the items any more but just buying them from the deco farm, which is still annoying but I avoid the farm trip and the multiple clicks for harvesting. Much more expensive, but seriously I am already tired. I am continuing to play because I have spend way too much time, effort, resources and cash (which has taken me months to accumulate) to give up now the citrus orchard. But I can certainly say I have tested the event. So since I can to buy the products, why not to put a button to directly fill the stall with cash (what you would have to pay). Actually what is even the point of the products? You cannot harvest that much even in the 4h time of most. So what about having 3 sliders instead one for cash, one for gold and another from event currency to fill up the stalls time. Since the pennies are the event points the event currency could be gained in another way. Say for each deco placed you will get x*deco_level amount of event currency. This way it is in my opinion more interesting since you have and additional parameter in your optimization problem and you get rid of the products. I really would like to fill each stall with 1 click not 300 with changing farms and what else not.
    - placing the stalls: once I have a stall ready I try to place it to just get interrupted for a pop up, so I have to go back, click on the tab, placing the stall, keep my pulse steady... damn, I clicked when it was overlapping, so back to the event parking lot, clicks to placing the stall, another pop up about a reward of an event... start again and yet another pop up,... grrrr! Come on! Please! For Pete's sake! Enough! And change all events rewards' notifications to the same than village fair and wwc: no pop ups!
    - disappearing stalls: please, please, please, do not remove the stalls that have been painfully placed. Just put an exclamation mark on them when they expire and put in the ring menu 3 new buttons: 1) remove, 2) replace, 3) renew (this last option for gold only, it is equivalent to extend the time with gold). The replace will allow you to access the event menu next stall of same size and you could choose to skip it (see below) or to donate and activate it.
    - deleting stalls: currently you have to donate a bit (the slider is very hard to use and slow if you're aiming to the minimum amount) and place the stall for minimum of 10 minutes to delete it... and placing it is annoying (see above). So allow to skip the stall for at least cash, donations (these can be penalized at 25% if desired) and optionally gold, without having to go to the prep area (less clicks, please, more efficiency). The prep area really is just a buffer of stalls to save for later so I see no point about being unable to skip stalls outside this area.
    -Bugs: there are bugs in the event, the counters (for example I was having 100 pennies per second per visitor and my counter was not updated at a number multiple of 100 for sure), buttons graying out for no reason (when donating or trying to move a stall to the preparation area when there are less than 3), and other ones that other players have already mentioned.

I don't see myself playing this event again, at the very least not in the close future, unless considerable changes are made (like those suggested above, specially those in bold). I would have been very happy to test this on a test server and give feedback. Is the test server working at all?

• guinevere919 (NL1)guinevere919 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 145
    edited 11.05.2019
    this event (pleasure park) is way to expencive
    way to many resources are needed considdering they want 65900k gold for only a miesly 8 milj. dollars
    it already costed me over a billion wel calculate the amount of gold it would have costed me if i had to buy it
    and i wont even make it to the last present

this is the first and last time ever i wil play this
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 11.05.2019
    Pleasure Park event was having problems in the Test servers .... still GGS introduced it.

As it is , its very time consuming , now it also has too many bugs. Players have spent lots of dollars and gold and the event isnt giving them the pennies they deserve.

Not to mention that FHWE anf VF are going on too.

There is more LAG now in the game

• Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Got to Rank 60 yesterday and quit.  This event needs a major overhaul please!! :/  It is way too expensive for the little prizes and the unobtainable ones.
  • 4 Hearts (US1)4 Hearts (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    I have no clue what I am doing wrong but I am not even close to the country manor with only 35B points. I have lots of decos and had many stalls.  I will not even come close unless they add at least a week or so to the event time.

At first it seemed like I was making way more points per second and then it just sort of fizzled.

I have had stalls with 18 pennies, most 10 or higher running them at 3+ hours.. I run the ones for less than 10 pennies for only 10 minutes.

My farm cash has gone down instead of up over the past several days. 25% of the sell prices just does not cut it.

The event is cute, I wanted to like but I just can't. I feel it is a money pit with no real obtainable rewards.  I rebuild the stalls every 3 hours except of course when I am sleeping, perhaps if I played 24/7.

• bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    I posted this after trying just 1 task:
    Complete & utter waste of time & money,  just another GGS money pit.
    From what I've read since, I think i made the right choice
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    This event focus on management and efficiency :)

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    This event focus on management and efficiency :)

Who's, I might ask?  There is nothing efficient about this event at all.  Utter waste of time and resources.
    edited 12.05.2019
    Sure, if u think so :)

Ill enjoy my majestic citrus , 5 gold(silvery) , and pack of purple stuff from top 5 :)

Estimate cost, approx 325M cash ( i was extremely bad the first 2 days )

Will barely spend 75M cash in the last 2 days :o

Cant really play that event Mindless and All out ( its gonna be a disaster )
    If you think it's worth all that, have a blast, lol.

• Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Sure, if u think so :)

Ill enjoy my majestic citrus , 5 gold(silvery) , and pack of purple stuff from top 5 :)

Estimate cost, approx 325M cash ( i was extremely bad the first 2 days )

Will barely spend 75M cash in the last 2 days :o

Cant really play that event Mindless and All out ( its gonna be a disaster )
    I dont even mind the dollars i spent as i will earn that 1000M dollars in a week but the thing that disheartens me is the fact that i coudnt get to manor even though i was running at a higher pps than what was needed all the time . 
    Yesterday night it happened again, only got 10 billion for 9 hours for running at 1.4M pps. Stopped playing the event, top 5 is nothing here( have a lead of 180 billion over rank 3 lol) .

Apparently, there are 2 bugs yet to be fixed and once they are done and the stall times increased , event will be better. So , will wait till that happens.

Yes u can play it efficiently like u said for running stalls for 2 hours, but u have to understand everyone wont have the time to do so(nor the patience) and so its better to increase stall time and reduce products needed. Games are meant for relaxing, not playing like its our most important work. 
    edited 12.05.2019
    I wont comment Rocky.. But you probably know the 5 letter word that I would say :)

This is a management event... Not a fully load 8 hour stall, and wait

I'm still improving my technique, its getting smooth now , placing a stall every 3-5 minutes, setting them all different times , from 10 minute to 4 hour, with a lot of precision/thinking

This event is not ment to be overpowered

Aka the winner on our server is a solid hard worker, over our usual millionaire :)

If u think, you can relax and get final reward of an event... you make no sense 
    edited 12.05.2019
    I wont comment Rocky.. But you probably know the 5 letter word that I would say :)

This is a management event... Not a fully load 8 hour stall, and wait

I'm still improving my technique, its getting smooth now , placing a stall every 3-5 minutes, setting them all different times , from 10 minute to 4 hour, with a lot of precision/thinking

This event is not ment to be overpowered

Aka the winner on our server is a solid hard worker, over our usual millionaire :)

If u think, you can relax and get final reward of an event... you make no sense 
    Ohhhhh, dont wanna sleep at nights ? 
    I am also not interested in disturbing my friend often for me to play at nights/ spend gold to run(which i do sometimes).

I dont even think before setting up stalls coz i got so used to it . If there is a stall that gives more than a)8 pennies+ some lower level deco b)12+ pennies a second , i set them up for 4 hours. Otherwise all other stalls gets trashed in 10 minutes . Usually takes up an hour to set up 60 stalls( avg 650 to 700 pennies every sec along with 2k visitors , more than enuf to get to manor provided the counter works right).

The rank 1 player here is also facing the same problems . From needing 1M pps throughout event to get to manor, he now needs 2.1M pps coz of the same problem of counter reducing points at night.
    Exactly, waste of time and effort when things don't work properly, and it takes too much time and effort to get the job done in the first place.  I am still shaking my head at this event.
    I'll repeat again.. since you folks dont seem to understand at all

Event = Management

Not Overpowering

Its like ur convinced that using diesel for your normal car will work.. No buddy , Regular fuel for this event.. :)
    Loading constantly and having to continually go back unable to focus on the rest of your farming is not worth any event in my opinion.  That to me is like going to the fair and my focus is instead on home or work and not enjoying myself.  Thanks anyway, taking it easy would be the better way to me.  Focusing on the entire game is much easier and more enjoyable in my opinion.
    Then do that SuzyQ

There is so much event diversity , they are ment for very varied type of players :)
    What is your level Exxy?

Ok, thanks for all your advice regarding this event . 
    There is no use of talking about this until the bugs gets fixed and once they get fixed, i know how to get the manor with my #no-thinking way of playing and u can get it too with your 5000 iq precision/thinking/management skills for installing the same stalls. 
    Ok, thanks for all your advice regarding this event . 
    There is no use of talking about this until the bugs gets fixed and once they get fixed, i know how to get the manor with my #no-thinking way of playing and u can get it too with your 5000 iq precision/thinking/management skills for installing the same stalls. 
    Lol... offended much it seems

I guess, its just better to eat soup with a spoon 

Dont think it have to do with IQ , for finding the WAY to play the way its designed to be :)
    Well Gee Exxy, I think you need to be understanding of the fact there are many players much lower in level than you are without the same ability to replace supplies as needed.  I am no where near your level, as I am level 146 which I just made 10 minutes ago.

So with that, please stop telling us we don't know how to play, or just simply don't want to play it the right way.  See, we(as in many of us) don't have anywhere near the means you do to play this event.  Again, have fun, but don't tell us we are doing it wrong, thank you in advance. 
    Well. Is it possible you are doing it wrong?

Or you are doing it perfectly as we speak...

Or its more something in the middle

I'm just exposing how I play it, and how it works for me

You can use or discard that information as much as you want
    edited 12.05.2019
    No, not offended , nothing in this/any game needs more than 10 minutes of thinking to figure out a way to play it in the best way possible but u keep talking like you are trying to solving a MILLENIUM problem for playing such a simple event :D
    Lol.. :) I wish you both a nice day
    Exxy, you are treating us all like we are not smart enough to play this game.  It isn't a matter of being smart enough.  It is simply a matter of time, supplies, and the required farm cash it takes to run with this event.  So with that said, please stop telling me what I am doing wrong.  I am not doing anything wrong.  It is you who keeps telling me that I am. I don't appreciate that at all.  Please keep your ever so sly opinions to yourself and stop belittling those of us who don't want to play this event because it is not worth the time, effort, or farm cash to do it.  The darn thing is a cash hog, and nothing good comes from that, lol.,
    edited 12.05.2019
    Well. Is it possible you are doing it wrong?

Or you are doing it perfectly as we speak...

Or its more something in the middle

I'm just exposing how I play it, and how it works for me

You can use or discard that information as much as you want
    See, the problem is ...
    When your pps should be 1.5 M , but overnight the score you get averages your pps down to 800k .... coz of bug in points

All your management skills go out of the window .....

edited 12.05.2019
    This is utter nonsense

1207 x 2132 = 2,573,324 pps

And it shows less ...
    This game should be called BUG FARM

The only good thing is ... i never wasted any gold ....

My LAB gives me 2 million gold per month from DUNG  :)  ... so i can afford to waste a bit on such BUGGED events

Sign In to comment.