Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Laboratory..is it worth having one on each farm?

I'm wondering if it is worth having a laboratory on each farm....i built a second one purely to relieve the pressure on the first..is this the only advantage?

Any input appreciated : )

Comments

• bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    edited 10.05.2019
    I'm wondering if it is worth having a laboratory on each farm....i built a second one purely to relieve the pressure on the first..is this the only advantage?

Like you I only have 2, 1 level 3 for chicken, pig & cow feed  & a level 6  mainly for premium fertilizer.
    I more for duck feed would be handy, but very expensive
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    At low levels, probably not, you can get by with 1 or 2 labs making (Premium) Chicken feed, fertilizer, and cow feed (overnight).

As you get higher in levels though, you'll probably want 3, as premium duck feed & donkey feed will lock up a lab for 8-10 hours at a time, and it takes 9-10 hours to convert a full silo (910 fertlizer when charmed) into Premium Fertilizer.

So basically I keep 1 Lab churning out Premium Fertlizer, and the other 2 working on (Premium) Chicken Feed, Cow Feed, Duck Feed & Donkey Feed, depending on need.

Heck, sometimes 3 Labs aren't enough. Especially if you want to make the higher level stuff like Bronze/Silver/Gold Mystery Boxes, Seaweed, WoF Tokens, etc..

So it really depends on your level, your need, and what you want from your Labs. :)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004

The Labs are all identical so yes, relieving pressure is the only advantage as Happiness does not affect them.
    I'm getting by on 2 but my ducks and donkeys only run during the CC so I have less need of a 3rd
  • humpty (AU1)humpty (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    Thanks for the info Guys :smile:
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    You don't have to have all the labs at the same level.  If you're mostly making premium MF feed and fertilizer, you can leave one at a relatively low level. 
    so how high is it worth going with a laboratory? i now have three..my highest is lvl 11..all that catalyst we have been collecting since day dot..is it worth the expense to lvl up to be able to use it??? 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    so how high is it worth going with a laboratory? i now have three..my highest is lvl 11..all that catalyst we have been collecting since day dot..is it worth the expense to lvl up to be able to use it??? 
    After that, there are a few options but they will be very expensive.

Most of the upgrades between level 25 aren't going to give much practical use. You can possibly make those bronze/silver mystery boxes if you would like but you won't be able to produce them constantly.

At level 25, you can produce tokens in the laboratory which can be quite useful. However, the catalysers are difficult to collect so I can't really tell for sure how frequently you would be able to produce those tokens. It will also cost 8,219,500,000 dollars to upgrade the laboratory from level 11 to 25 to do that.

At level 30 you can produce gold mystery boxes. However, it takes up a lot of production time to produce them (24 hours per gold mystery box) and the chum will limit how many you can produce again.

At level 40, you can produce gold which can be useful. However, the low catalyser drop rates will again be an issue but you would probably be able to produce a decent amount of gold per day with it. The problem is that it will cost another 15,769,000,000 dollars to upgrade it from level 25 to 40 which will take a very long time to save up.

The last option is to save up for level 100 where you can produce those items like tokens and gold with little concern about the catalysers. However, it will cost more than 100 billion farm dollars to get it from level 40 to level 100 so for most players this is either just a dream or a goal that will take many years to complete.

These will options will require a lot of farm dollars to be invested and will only give a small benefit over time. Personally I would recommend to do some other things such as fully upgrading everything on your farms and purchasing all/most of the expansions. After that you can consider investing in Lester's secret stash because it gives a benefit with each upgrade and helps you to fill more organic/fish market contracts with the same amount of items.
    Wow..that is a lot of cash!!!!!
    So probably the last thing one would do from what you have outlined there..i've been playing this game over two years..i see it being a few years off lol

Thank you so much for outlining all that information for me!!!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I still don't have even one lab, and still I manage. That's a lotta $$$!! B)
    So probably the last thing one would do from what you have outlined there..i've been playing this game over two years..i see it being a few years off lol

You're welcome. :)

That's why I don't really have much interest in upgrading my laboratories past level 10 at the moment so each one can produce all of the main farm and gourmet farm premium products necessary. But I only really produce premium cow feed, duck feed and fertiliser now anyway.

If you play with decorations on each farm then it's much easier to manage without the laboratory. You can also do it without decorations but you save a lot of money and also get extra farm dollars from leveling up with the XP you get by using the premium products from the laboratory.
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240

That's why I don't really have much interest in upgrading my laboratories past level 10 at the moment so each one can produce all of the main farm and gourmet farm premium products necessary. But I only really produce premium cow feed, duck feed and fertiliser now anyway.

If you play with decorations on each farm then it's much easier to manage without the laboratory. You can also do it without decorations but you save a lot of money and also get extra farm dollars from leveling up with the XP you get by using the premium products from the laboratory.
    There are also players who are not realy intersted in the XP points. And try bto build up the farm as strong as posible without a lot of XP points. 
    I have seen level 185 players with a very strong farm,all the fields,sheds etc upgraded to max level but no Lab.
    And i have seen level 220 farms with a lab and that farm was less stronger than the level 185 farm.
    Are you going for the ranking or you don,t mind. That is 1 thing
    Then the extra money by upgrading when you play without or with very less deco,s is not that high at the end.
    For making Pr chicken Feed you always need a certain amount of extra corn. That corn extra comes not for free.
    When you have a productionfarm and you go for the ranking you need as you say 3 labs for making the pr-feed 1 lab level 3 and when possible 2 labs level 10. Depends the amount of ducks you have.
    But you need to have a very healthy incomes from the FF and the DSF,those will help you more than the rest.
    But it just a question about how you play, Every player has a different style of dooing things. And not every player is eager to have a high rp farm for the C-C. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

There are also players who are not realy intersted in the XP points. And try bto build up the farm as strong as posible without a lot of XP points. 
    I have seen level 185 players with a very strong farm,all the fields,sheds etc upgraded to max level but no Lab.
    And i have seen level 220 farms with a lab and that farm was less stronger than the level 185 farm.
    Then the extra money by upgrading when you play without or with very less deco,s is not that high at the end.
    For making Pr chicken Feed you always need a certain amount of extra corn. That corn extra comes not for free.
    When you have a productionfarm and you go for the ranking you need as you say 3 labs for making the pr-feed 1 lab level 3 and when possible 2 labs level 10. Depends the amount of ducks you have.
    But you need to have a very healthy incomes from the FF and the DSF,those will help you more than the rest.
    But it just a question about how you play, Every player has a different style of dooing things. And not every player is eager to have a high rp farm for the C-C. 
    You are exactly right. I made my post merely to point out that the lab isn't a necessity. I don't play to go up in the rankings, our coop isn't competitive, and I try to avoid XPs as much as possible.  So going labless certainly is a viable option for those with a different style of play. :)
    I guess some players would try to keep their level below 250 to have an easier time competing in the ranking for some events. If you play with decorations then I think the profit is better without the laboratory.

But if you play without decorations then the laboratory is very useful for saving farm dollars. I guess some players do not like to collect experience points to stay in easier ranking groups, but for me it's a great way to collect some extra farm dollars from leveling up since one million XP points give around 2-3 million dollars on average from leveling up.

Regarding playing without decorations, I'm probably earning a larger profit playing like that since I can use that free space to place more cowsheds and orchards which help with profit as well as events.

You are exactly right. I made my post merely to point out that the lab isn't a necessity. I don't play to go up in the rankings, our coop isn't competitive, and I try to avoid XPs as much as possible.  So going labless certainly is a viable option for those with a different style of play. :)
    I would say that it's not necessary if you try to avoid XP though I don't really see why you need to avoid it at above level 250 and if all of your farms have reduced production costs from the happiness. But if it doesn't then it's really useful to help reduce the costs for feeding the stables and orchards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file