Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing Hard Worker Event

Comments

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Use the short-time fish (Cod, salmon, swordfish and lobster) to earn the bonus points and the long running fish (shellfish, tuna and herring) to run long-term.
  • Mainframe (NL1)Mainframe (NL1) NL1 Posts: 13
    Can someone please show me where I can find the amounts of each fish type I have to catch to get my pps to 10 and above during the FHWE? I have no clue where to look in this jungle of messages, topics, items and comments. A realignment of this forum would not be a waste in my opinion. Thanks in advance!
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    oyster, clam, shrimp, tuna, herring can all be run safely at level 10

https://www.crazybigfarm.tk/events/hard_worker/FHWE.htm
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    If in doubt, almost everything is on crazybigfarm.tk
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    When I asked I was given this list (forgive me, I forget from who).

To reach to 10 we need:

These we can keep adding to when at 10. Time will increase.
    oyster and clam, 398
    shrimp, 496
    herring, 333
    tuna, 224

These go from several hours at 9 to a few minutes asa the amount reaches 10. Time decreases and fast.
    lobster, 784
    cod and salmon, 239
    swordfish, 271

Good luck :smile:
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 02.02.2019
    it's all about luck of the crates unless you want to throw gold at it, i wouldn't personally but it's an option as with every element of this game

but you can prepare ahead to a degree - you know you start with oyster so you can take oysters from pools that have a relatively large number of oysters in them [anything around 80ish is worth looking at] and store them ready (if you have ppl who will sparkle your boats it's a distinct advantage - it adds 25% to the number fish/shellfish you see in your boat when docked), the larger the number per boat, the less boats you'll need, so more for other fish etc (using four boats to store oyster for the start is typical if you have numbers around 80 in each that are then sparked for you)

herring, tuna, salmon, cod are easy to prepare ahead of time in one boat per fish type (tho will require the use of fridges - the expensive ones typically), swordfish isn't impossible but typically will require two boats

lobster pools are nearly always plentiful so i wouldnt store them ahead of time (if you kick off oyster straight to 10 you have around 8 hours running time, so plenty of time to go get lobster)

the unlucky draw is to keep running into shellfish crates as they are difficult to continually get the numbers you need to push them to 10 in time (it is possible to manipulate pools ahead of time so you have boats with just one clam and one shrimp, so you can move past them asap as the game allows but it's a lot of faffing about and your plans come to nothing if you continually run into shellfish anyway - so it's not a tactic i'd personally use)

the lucky draw is to keep running into cod, salmon, lobster and to a lesser extent swordfish. which you can 10 then run out quickly to move onto the next one etc, building up your extra pts, eventually when you're happy with your + points settling on tuna or herring to the end

so you can prepare but in the end, luck of crates and pool generation play a very big part, unlike the normal HW which is easier to work around undesirable crates and you don't have the disadvantage of not having the required product available at times (or have to manipulate the game to generate that product to appear)

how much you plan ahead is up to you but bear in mind if you're preparing a fair number of days out, you lose a lot of farm dollars due to idle boats and,similarly, if wcc is running lots of points for that also - anything less than winning the fhwe will probably give you a deficit of wcc points cos of days of idle boats, and if you have boats idle many days out even winning won't probably get those points back
    Good advise :smiley:

But not all have full stock of trawlers at top lvl so those with smaller boats or just one or a couple trawlers at maybe lower lvls will have to plan a little differently according to the amount of fish/shellfish their boats can carry.

Maybe there are others too that are not all that heavily into eagerly fishing and counting dollars spent like i.e I who simply just enjoys the event. Because thats what it is about for me, enjoyment :wink:

Cheers :smile:

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    very true Summer, i should have added the caveat that it was based on having a fleet of max level trawlers, tho the principles hold true to a greater or lesser extent depending on your fleet make up
    Everybody thank you for your contribution to this thread. I learned a lot from all of you. I do plan ahead, but there's always the unknown factor and the possibility of not having fishing pools available. But that's what the event is all about, isn't it? Good luck to al of you. May the fishing gods be with us.
  • kevbert (GB1)kevbert (GB1) GB1 Posts: 10
    sometimes when I add fish and the rate goes up to ten (or above) the time remaining drops to a few minutes, when I had hours left on the clock at rate nine. It does not do this every time.
    how does the game decide whether to punish you for maximizing the rate?
    Answer ✓
    It is programmed this way:

With oysters, clams, shrimp, tuna and herring we can continue to add fish/shellfish after it has reached 10 and the timer adds minutes.

With lobster, cod, salmon, swordfish the timer droppeds heavily asa it goes from 9 to 10. In other words from hours at 9 to just a few minutes at 10.

I was shocked first time I had salmon go from hours at 9 and to 5 minutes at 10. But have gotten the understanding now and build a strategy around it.

Cheers :smile:
  • sbarker (US1)sbarker (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    i noticed the cod when you get over 10 per sec dops to practically nothing. the other fish do not do this. also the points do not increase for this. why have it if you can't get your points for it. this is not the first time this has happened.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Salmon, lobster, cod, and swordfish all do this.
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    edited 07.02.2019
    Crazybigfarm, has a notice about which fish is secure to take to level 10. So far the list has proved right

Lobster is among them

Sorry, I was SO wrong - Lobster goes from 23 hours to 23 minutes , just like that :-(((((
    This is absolutely not fair 
    Post edited by mutterkjær (SKN1) on
    I still have one question left. How do you calculate how many fish you need when at level 10 to continue for let's say 8 hours? If you put 783 lobsters in the silo, you are at max level 9 and have a day + before running out of stock. But how much remains of that time after putting in the last lobster to go from level 9 to level 10? How much time is left on the clock then? And how many lobsters do you need to raise it by an hour or so? How do you calculate that? Please someone elaborate. Thanks!
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664

You can also download the Excel file there, I've often got it open during the FHWE, easier to decide if I've got enough of the next fish asked for to get to a decent level.

• Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
     How can this be?
    Silo 0.36 hours filled with salmon, (218) would have to run more than 10 hours on lvl 9 according to the clock on the silo, rank 37, I look this morning silo stands still rank 52.???????
    I am angry
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
     How can this be?
    Silo 0.36 hours filled with salmon, (218) would have to run more than 10 hours on lvl 9 according to the clock on the silo, rank 37, I look this morning silo stands still rank 52.???????
    I am angry
    What's your Points Per Second? 9? 10? 12?

There's probably more than a few people that are running 15+ Points Per Second. Probably most of them in the Top 50.
    edited 08.02.2019
    15 points, The timer on the silo said 10 hours , it was 0.30 when I filled the  silo and  8 h later when I was looking the silo stand still.
  • Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99
     How can this be?
    I am angry

Salmon can never be more than 10 hours on level 9. maximum time on level 9 for salmon is 5 hours and 6 minutes - see list grrr.
    edited 08.02.2019
    Then is the timer in the silo and above the silo ill, I am always looking to the timer, But thanks then I know it for the next time.
    Ah, I see.

Salmon is one of those fish you DON'T want to go over 9 Points Per Second with.

At 9 PPS, you can get up to 5 hours and 6 minutes on the clock - but as soon as you go to 10 PPS (which happens at 239 Salmon), the timer drops to UNDER 5 minutes. And you only get 2 seconds for each additional Salmon at that point.  So the ONLY time you want to go to 10 PPS (on Salmon, Swordfish, Cod, and Lobster) is when you have your NEXT fish lined up and boats ready to unload.   All 4 of those fish will go from HOURS on the clock at 9 PPS to MINUTES on the clock at 10 PPS.

Shrimp, Clams, Oysters, Tuna, and Herring are all "Safe" to go to 10 PPS with - at least if you're interested in just letting the clock run for 24+ hours. I've run the entire FHWE on just Tuna (after getting past the initial Oysters) many times.

But I don't care about being in the Top 10, Top 50, or what-have-you. I get what I get and I'm happy with it :)
  • LiZZ4rd (SKN1)LiZZ4rd (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2
    edited 29.04.2019
    How are we supposed to collect oysters for George when there are none about ?

Are we supposed to spend Gold ?
    i almost never get those ponds must be bug game even emptied 4 and still not get them hard te get stuff done if you dont get them starts to get realy anoing and its stil like this after event to
    How are we supposed to collect oysters for George when there are none about ?

Are we supposed to spend Gold ?
    i almost never get those ponds must be bug game even emptied 4 and still not get them hard te get stuff done if you dont get them starts to get realy anoing
    You have to plan for the FWHE. I start saving up my Oyster boats at the dock 2-3 days before the FHWE starts.  That way I'm not waiting until it starts and then "Darn it, I don't have any Oyster pools".

So I'll save up 6-7 boats full of Oysters a few days before the FHWE starts, then after it starts I'll check to see what the next fish is, and start saving IT up while the Oysters are running.
  • Chaotic (US1)Chaotic (US1) US1 Posts: 59
    Didn't see in here, but good tip is to send an empty boat to one of each type hole, before F-HWE starts (excluding the seafood holes, you should cache oysters for start) If you don't have lots of something that gets called for... say cod... you can dump the 2 or 3 you have on your boat, get that crate moving and out of the way - without spending gold to skip it.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    the prizes are not worth the expense
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I managed to grab a GML finally, and spent nothing. Boats were crewed with what I won in events.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I have to disagree.
     This event is a great way to build up ones fleet, saving them the cost of having to buy then upgrade their ships. It may take some time to get to the point where one can successfully earn the GML, but it is possible. As many have pointed out with some planing and prep, this event can be one of the better hard worker events. IMO
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    I have to disagree.
     This event is a great way to build up ones fleet, saving them the cost of having to buy then upgrade their ships. It may take some time to get to the point where one can successfully earn the GML, but it is possible. As many have pointed out with some planing and prep, this event can be one of the better hard worker events. IMO
    IF you need a fleet - which only new players would need - to get to the GL it is not worth the expense having 19+ and 22+ and NOT reaching the GL means an expense to get the GL that is so out of proportion as to be NOT WORTH IT  (same with the other prizes) I get more GL from treasure boxes and WoF and have plenty to go around  -- and yes i know how to plan and play so that is not even an issue -- they need to allow us to sell all this worthless junk they give as "prizes" 
Sign In to comment.