Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse Breeding & Training - Help, instructions & Tips

Comments

• I didn't start breeding until my stable was level 3, and have never been able to keep horses, I think the parents always disappear
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I didn't start breeding until my stable was level 3, and have never been able to keep horses, I think the parents always disappear
    Yes you are correct there. But the remaining horse, the foal/colt will be much easier to train up as will future generation horses ;)
    Have a look here http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/my_champion.htm As it will help to explain the normal horse breeding through the stable.
    The horse meadow with in your CV(Cooperative Village) is some what separate of a way of breeding.
    Have a look through this http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/village/horse_meadow.htm  
  • I did send a couple of horses to the meadow, it took a while to figure it all out, also the meadow attributes didn't follow into foals. and is now lost
    I did send a couple of horses to the meadow, it took a while to figure it all out, also the meadow attributes didn't follow into foals. and is now lost
    right only breeding those horse meadow trained horses together will pass on those traits, as I mentioned above the horse meadow breeding is kind of separate.
    I did send a couple of horses to the meadow, it took a while to figure it all out, also the meadow attributes didn't follow into foals. and is now lost
    Both horse that you are breeding together must have their own meadow enhancement in order for them to be passed on. You can take a meadow enhanced horse & breed it with a non meadow enhanced horse but you would only get the non meadow enhancements being passed on. So you will need a minimum of 2 horses trained through the horse meadow & those 2 breed together for the meadow enhancement to be passed on.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Both horse that you are breeding together must have their own meadow enhancement in order for them to be passed on. You can take a meadow enhanced horse & breed it with a non meadow enhanced horse but you would only get the non meadow enhancements being passed on. So you will need a minimum of 2 horses trained through the horse meadow & those 2 breed together for the meadow enhancement to be passed on.
    That is not how it has worked for me. 
    Meadow effects (not Basic Attributes) have always been kept, averaged with the partner horse but rounded up.
    So horse with +1 Showjumping bred with a horse with no effects has always given +1 (of course +2 ans 0 has also given +1)
  • Can you please tell me what I'm missing here? I don't have any tasks other than to breed the dang things.
    Didn't want to breed, but seems best with this uncertainty over the new stuff. I lost my horse that was a 62 because I thought setting it free meant in the meadow. What kind of idiots wouldn't make that clear that the horse was being tossed like garbage? The horse I had didn't have the lock at the bottom. I do not like this horse stuff. The whole Co-op is trying to figure this out.
    I don't really understand the question but you appear to be training horses wa-ay past the point at which I would be breeding, over 900 shoes to get 1 attribute point  !!  Once you've bred, the new horse will only need 50 or 60 shoes per point.
    Having said that, I wouldn't breed those 2, they are too far apart, I would train up another 39 (or 37 or 41) and breed them.
    I reckon to breed every 12 levels on average  (starts at every 14 and slowly drops to every 11, it's when the shoes required to train the next level suddenly doubles)
  • @Uncle John (GB1)  I am was over training the darn thing. Seems nobody in our coop really understands the horse breeding. Right now their big question is how to send it to the co-op pasture for breeding. Hope you can answer that with just a simple button we aren't seeing. I am not a horse person. I wasn't one of those kids who wanted a horse and I actually lived on a farm. Give me a cute cow any day. Thanks for your help.

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    To send a horse to the meadow, you need to be in the village. Click on horse meadow , then on the green arrow .
    You will see all your available horses , pick the one you want then click green arrow under the horse . You will be asked to confirm, then horse is in the meadow .
    Also @Farmer Kissy (US1) check the level of the horses you wish to put into the Horse Meadow as depending on the level of the Horse meadow. One will only be allowed to put a certain leveled or trained horse into the meadow to be effective. Have a look through this http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/village/horse_meadow.htm
    and also, the more horses are there, the better the chance of successful breeding so it helps to get the whole co-op on side. Anybody with a horse that they are not using for competition or ordinary training for the next 7 days can pop it on the Meadow to help everybody else. They can just ignore it there and it will come back to the Stable unchanged in a weeks time.
  • @Data King (US1)  and @Uncle John (GB1)  Thank you both. I think I know what to do now and how to get the best horse for all of us.

• hogman (US1)hogman (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    I have a question on training horses.  It appears that sometimes after training a horse the star number does not increase.  Does it take two training sessions or is more shoes required to improve number?
    edited 13.09.2018
    @hogman (US1) Does it not say "nnn More" on the bar ?  That's how many more points (20 shoes per point) you need to get to the next number. 
    You don't want to go past 2000 shoes per session or you get into "Intensive Training" that needs 40 shoes per point so you may need more shoes or more sessions.
    Once I get to around 300 or 400 shoes to reach the next number I reckon it is time to breed.cos the foal will need many fewer than that.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    One of our members wanted to try this, so I put a horse in the meadow.
    We fed them and all, but got a "Breeding Failed".
    I can't find any information on that...
    Does anyone know what we do now?
    You're back as if you had just sent the horse there.
    You can either train and breed again or wait 7 days and get your horse back.   :¬)
    I just found out that the other person had a successful breeding, and is very happy with her foal...

How can it have worked for one and not the other?
    Is this something that is random?
    The "Gene Points" are effectively a percentage chance of success.
    Use the sliders to allocate them all to one attribute
     I reckon that over 90 is pretty much a certainty of success but under 80 is well dodgy
    I did a few more feedings, et al, and all of a sudden I had a successful breeding without clicking it again.
    So it worked, although I'm not quite sure how.
    Thanks for the help!
  • Ladyoz (US1)Ladyoz (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    How do people get horses that are 200!? It's taken me years just to scrape one up to 118! What am I missing??
    Ladyoz (US1) said:
    How do people get horses that are 200!? It's taken me years just to scrape one up to 118! What am I missing??
    The Meadow

• I bought a horse but cannot find it why?
    I bought a horse but cannot find it why?
    Did your stable have room for it ?
    edited 23.04.2019
    I have a question on training horses.  It appears that sometimes after training a horse the star number does not increase.  Does it take two training sessions or is more shoes required to improve number?
    You're going to find that 2 full training's in all areas is usually the most you'll want to put into your horses. Then breed. Keep an eye on the parents. Some give better enhancements than others ;)
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/40870/update-december-11th-horse-breeding-and-other-surprises#latest
    @Data King (US1)
    Did you mean to write 2 or should it have been 12 ?
    @Data King (US1)
    Did you mean to write 2 or should it have been 12 ?
    I've had the most success doing 2 (two) full (2 x 1980 horseshoes) per area per horse. So yes 12 total for 2 horses, most of the time, then breed. Following the suggested breeding levels in Crazy's site.

http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/ranch/my_champion.htm
    Ah! I follow you now   :¬)
    I manage mine differently, primarily aiming to keep all 3 arenas running constantly (for maximum bonus points) whilst using shoes at the same rate as I'm getting them from Barnacle.
    (At the moment that's 1000 shoes per horse per training session)
    Just like you, I breed when the shoe requirement for the next level suddenly doubles, around every 12 levels.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 25.04.2019
    I keep a huge supply of horseshoes on hand for when/if the training booster comes around, so I let the number I have on hand be my guide. Generally, though, I also use the 2x1980 rule before I set the horse aside to mate later. During WWC, or if I'm running low, I do the minimum, but keep all three rings going.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • rpggal33 (US1)rpggal33 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    Will horses ever die? Also, is there a limit to the number of horses you can own?
Sign In to comment.