Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

WAAAAAYYYYYYY too much lobster

For the past couple of weeks lobsters have made up one-half of the new pools spawned.  (I spawn new fish pools about 15 or 20 times a day.)  If you're going to force that much lobster on us, how about giving us some contracts for lobster so we can make a little money on 'em?  I get occasional contracts that include lobster, always only 15 or 30 lobster when I'm fishing thousands per day.  It's silly.

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    @buddy194 (US1)   And I thought I was the only one!  :D  I had 4 lobster pools yesterday and 4 today.  :(

Let's hope that the rework of the deep-sea fishing fixes things so they're more balanced.   ;)

• DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    Me too lately!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I had all lobsters yesterday. I honestly don't mind. The pools clear easily, I get lobster contracts now and then (had a huge one the other day), and they sell for good profits. Still, I've never seen ALL lobsters before.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382

I had all lobsters yesterday. I honestly don't mind. The pools clear easily, I get lobster contracts now and then (had a huge one the other day), and they sell for good profits. Still, I've never seen ALL lobsters before.
    I get that pretty regularly - maybe a couple times a week.  Usually when all or most of them are at the 6-hour or longer travel time pools, then my boats are stuck and I have to wait a couple hours for one of them to clear to get (hopefully) a non-lobster pool.
    Yeah, it's a pain, all right. Now, I just usually check my boats twice a day, and just send them out for whatever is out there. I'm learning the fine art of equipping to hurry the clearing along if I need to, but I still have a lot to learn.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I don't mind, Lobsters are just money in the bank.

$2,500 each, my Trawlers bring back 195 at a time, so tht's $487,500.

It costs me up to 6 Roys ($90,000) and 6 Bridgettes ($9,750), so that's a profit of $387,750 per trawler. 14 Trawlers = a profit of at least $5,428,500 every 2 hours & 45 minutes.

Not that other fish aren't worth even MORE, but I don't mind Lobsters a bit.

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I agree with

It costs me up to 6 Roys ($90,000) and 6 Bridgettes ($9,750), so that's a profit of $387,750 per trawler. 14 Trawlers = a profit of at least $5,428,500 every 2 hours & 45 minutes.

Look at it this way , the selling of fish makes the cake , contracts are the icing on the cake . I finish all 6 contracts in 1-3 weeks , depending on quantities . Make 10-15 million per day selling excess fish, contracts add the same again, or a little more .Just selling lobster more than pays for all my other farms , so WTH... :):)
    Plus, sometimes you get lucky!

Yeah, I don't mind lobsters.  They're nice and reliable - don't have to wonder which contract to use them in.  My objection is that, now that you get 1 lobster pool for every 1 non-lobster pool, how about giving us an equal amount of contracts that call for lobster so we can have some excitement and make a little real money on 'em?
    edited 14.04.2019
    $2 Million an Hour isn't enough? (and that's just with Lobsters - Swordfish/Cod/Salmon are worth 5x more)

Where else in game can you even come close to that?

They're certainly not going to *increase* the amount of money you can make with fishing - they've already nerfed it ONCE. And with the upcoming "DSF Rework", I can almost guarantee you they're going to do it again.

Sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie. :)
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I agree with Southern.....I get the feeling when they rework (ruin) the deep sea fishing area that we will have A LOT more things to complain about. As far as im concerned the DSF doesn't need to be changed, it is fine the way it is. 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526

That is the best scenario though. Usually that pool will be at a different location and the profit per hour will be a lot lower. And even though the profit from lobsters is good compared to most other parts of the game, it is not that good compared to other fish since any other fish can be more profitable than lobsters when used in the fishing market.
    That is the best scenario though. Usually that pool will be at a different location and the profit per hour will be a lot lower. And even though the profit from lobsters is good compared to most other parts of the game, it is not that good compared to other fish since any other fish can be more profitable than lobsters when used in the fishing market.
    There's only 2 pools that I can't fill a trawler with 195 fish in under 3 hours - and that's the 2 on the far right (middle & bottom).  The top right pool I usually ignore, unless I have a boat just sitting at the dock doing nothing (at which point I'll fill it with 12 Brigettes ($19,500) and send it off to return with 42 fish (of whatever type). Still a profit, but not much. The other 2 pools I'll send off with 2 Roys & 10 Brigettes ($46,250) and it comes back with 96 fish in under 3 hours - ($240,000 if Lobster, more if SwordFish/Cod/Salmon, so still a profit of at least $200,000 per trawler).

But those are the only 2 pools (well, 3 if you count the one I ignore (top right)) that I can't fill a trawler in under 3 hours. That leaves 11 pools that bring in a ton of cash. :) 

I clear $20 Million a day fishing, and that's enough. It used to be a lot more before they nerfed it, so the chances of them *raising* the profitability of DSF is somewhere between "slim" and "none". I expect another nerf, to be honest, and that's why I'm dreading the DSF Rework.
    There's only 2 pools that I can't fill a trawler with 195 fish in under 3 hours - and that's the 2 on the far right (middle & bottom).  The top right pool I usually ignore, unless I have a boat just sitting at the dock doing nothing (at which point I'll fill it with 12 Brigettes ($19,500) and send it off to return with 42 fish (of whatever type). Still a profit, but not much. The other 2 pools I'll send off with 2 Roys & 10 Brigettes ($46,250) and it comes back with 96 fish in under 3 hours - ($240,000 if Lobster, more if SwordFish/Cod/Salmon, so still a profit of at least $200,000 per trawler).

But those are the only 2 pools (well, 3 if you count the one I ignore (top right)) that I can't fill a trawler in under 3 hours. That leaves 11 pools that bring in a ton of cash. :) 

I clear $20 Million a day fishing, and that's enough. It used to be a lot more before they nerfed it, so the chances of them *raising* the profitability of DSF is somewhere between "slim" and "none". I expect another nerf, to be honest, and that's why I'm dreading the DSF Rework.
    There are also two other pools that need at least 8 Brigittes to return in 2 hours and 45 minutes and with the 4 other slots you can only collect 151 fish from the trawler in that amount of time. I do the same thing as you mentioned and it generally works well for those pools.

If you can be online to collect the boats 5 or more times a day then you can earn 50 million or more farm dollars per day if you use the fishing market with a good strategy. I don't think they will change it by much because it is good the way it is at the moment.
  • micky mouse (INT1)micky mouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 107
    Same here @Southern (US1).I am also dreading the DSF rework.

If you can be online to collect the boats 5 or more times a day then you can earn 50 million or more farm dollars per day if you use the fishing market with a good strategy. I don't think they will change it by much because it is good the way it is at the moment.
    That was mostly the reason for my original post - they have been changing it recently.   Several months ago I used to run 9 trawlers and 5 skips, then they reoriented to spawn a greater percentage of the 6-hour to 13-hour pools.  So I trashed 2 skips to build 2 more trawlers.  That mix is still working fairly well, though I think they're changing it again even more in favor of longer pools.  But this new wrinkle of a solid 50% of pools being lobster - well, I just think they need to offer us a few good lobster contracts so we can have some fun and make some money on those dogs.

@Southern (US1)   LOL!  No, $2 million an hour isn't enough for me!    ;)

That was mostly the reason for my original post - they have been changing it recently.   Several months ago I used to run 9 trawlers and 5 skips, then they reoriented to spawn a greater percentage of the 6-hour to 13-hour pools.  So I trashed 2 skips to build 2 more trawlers.  That mix is still working fairly well, though I think they're changing it again even more in favor of longer pools.  But this new wrinkle of a solid 50% of pools being lobster - well, I just think they need to offer us a few good lobster contracts so we can have some fun and make some money on those dogs.

@Southern (US1)   LOL!  No, $2 million an hour isn't enough for me!    ;)
    I think it's just luck of the draw.  For instance, I just logged in and my pools look like this:

3 SOCs, 2 Tuna/Herring, 1 Sword/Cod/Salmon. Nary a Lobster pool in sight. I'll have the first 5 pools cleared in 2hr45min, then I might get a Lobster or two, we'll see.

It's all good to me, it's ALL just free money, and I never argue with free money. :)
    I think it's just luck of the draw.  For instance, I just logged in and my pools look like this:

3 SOCs, 2 Tuna/Herring, 1 Sword/Cod/Salmon. Nary a Lobster pool in sight. I'll have the first 5 pools cleared in 2hr45min, then I might get a Lobster or two, we'll see.

It's all good to me, it's ALL just free money, and I never argue with free money. :)
    I had the same thing this morning.  Decidedly different from the last couple of weeks.

So maybe GGS is listening to us.  They've been quite responsive since the new ownership took over.
    I had the same thing this morning.  Decidedly different from the last couple of weeks.

So maybe GGS is listening to us.  They've been quite responsive since the new ownership took over.
    I think that sometimes we have a large number of lobster pools and sometimes we don't have any at all. So over time, we get opportunities to catch a large number of most fish.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    DSF is getting a revamp this year. GGS is well aware of these issues. Don't worry about it. Lobsters give a good amount of cash. I normally sell anything of most my DSF in excess of 5000, except the shrimp, oysters and clam of course.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    DSF is getting a revamp this year. GGS is well aware of these issues. Don't worry about it. Lobsters give a good amount of cash. I normally sell anything of most my DSF in excess of 5000, except the shrimp, oysters and clam of course.
    DSF is being tweaked by GGS and you say "Don't worry about it"? 
    Just because GGS is aware of issues doesn't mean they will fix it for the benefit of the players... In fact, in my experience it has always been the opposite. (i.e. How can they get us to spend gold while giving worse rewards)

• Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    Why our deep sea is so polluted, that only lobsters can survive here......:)))

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file