Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Upcoming Highlights - Q2 2019 & Beyond

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @WascallyWabbit

You misspelled highlights  :)

Gold lock and volcano farm. Two discussions that can finally stop clogging up the forum. 

LOL Thanks, though it wasn`t misspelled, that was a capital "i", my keyboard can't seem to do 1 uppercase letter anymore, it keeps doing 2 :/

Stickykeys? :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 31.03.2019
    Like I said before most of the stuff in this game is for mainly Co-Op's it seems, Example:> The Village Fair I clicked on thinking that I could finally do something other then just work on My farm's cause I am not in a Co-op nor do I want to be in one, but guess what ! it was yet another part of the game where in order to do anything in it I was told I had to join a dang Co-op, so that is just another part of this game that I won't be able to do yet again, But none of the Game Team seem too care that those of Us who are not in one can not do a lot of the stuff in this game , and  it seems that other player's that are in them do not care as well what happens to us as long as they get what they want, which is fine but I refuse to be told that in order to do anything in this game that I have to join one, I was hoping that at least with the Volcano Farm that it would be something different for Me to do, but again that won't be happening, so I will just keep working My farms and go play My other games when I get bored with this one, I am sorry bout what I said earlier bout the player's, but I am highly upset bout not getting anything yet again for My game play, but I guess it does not matter much anymore, it is what it is. I will just keep working My farms, doing My weekly posts, do what Holiday Events I can which are not many, and then log out , no biggie. again I apologize. but that is how this game is making Me feel right now, :(
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 31.03.2019
    Well, i think u'll be able to play the Theme park, without much hassle, from what i got, it seemed to be an individual event 

and it is brand new designed

And It may sound rude, but I have no intentions, it is simply the truth

In the end, the choice is yours to be in a cooperative or not , and it affects the possibility for you in the game

you have to accept that, this is'nt a solo game to start with, it is a multi-player game ( sorry again if it sound harsh , but its true )
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I really like the part about color coding the mystery boxes.  I am sorry about the Volcano Farm being shelved, but it is just as well as to implement it with many problems and bugs would not be good.  So it is fine.  I would rather play with a game that works.  Thank you for giving us the ability to upgrade our garage vehicles.  My whole fleet will be soon totally upgraded!  <3  I look forward to what the "new production buildings" will be all about.  Perhaps one will be utilizing the special event flowers to make into new bouquets and floral arrangments (Weddings, Mothers' Day, etc.)
    All you would need is new options in the bakery or restaurant, perhaps new tabs.
  • Just an idea here - why not set up a one person co-op?  It does cost a little gold but it means any co-op event thats running you can take part in, and if you dont want to put in a major effort its no big deal, but even a little effort will give you some rewards xx
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Blue Denim, you have been told numerous times that there are plenty of laid back coops that are coops in name only -- where people aren't told to do anything or play a particular way -- just a work-around on being in a coop. Like going solo except you have all the benefits, too, like reduced production costs and rewards during events even if you don't participate. You could do this if you want. But if you choose not to, please understand why your complaints are falling on deaf ears.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    So, when is this womens soccer event happening?  I hope not while I am on vacay????

So, when is this womens soccer event happening?  I hope not while I am on vacay????

@SuzyQ22 - Around the middle of June 2019.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475

@SuzyQ22 - Around the middle of June 2019.
    Yay!  Thanks Southern. :smiley:
    Well that figures, Volcano Farm is put in storage probably never to be seen again , so those of Us who did want it will have to go without yet again, oh Yay Us, pfft.
    yes,, they really should stop suggesting things to us so far in advance.  The volcano farm should never have been mentioned until they knew it was or was not going to work.  My parents took me and my sisters to Disneyland when I was 7. We rode a little train from the parking lot to the admission gate.  My folks took one look at the price of tickets and took us all back to the car.  True story.  this is that kind of disappointment and it could have been avoided.
    Exactly.
    Well, i think u'll be able to play the Theme park, without much hassle, from what i got, it seemed to be an individual event 

and it is brand new designed

And It may sound rude, but I have no intentions, it is simply the truth

In the end, the choice is yours to be in a cooperative or not , and it affects the possibility for you in the game

you have to accept that, this is'nt a solo game to start with, it is a multi-player game ( sorry again if it sound harsh , but its true )
    I do not have to accept anything of the sort, I play My game My way, and I am ok with that, but thank you for your advice just the same, have a great day. :)
    Just an idea here - why not set up a one person co-op?  It does cost a little gold but it means any co-op event thats running you can take part in, and if you dont want to put in a major effort its no big deal, but even a little effort will give you some rewards xx

Thank you for your advice, but I do not want to spend what little gold I have on a Co-op that I do not want to be in, but your advice is Much appreciated, again thank you, :)
    Blue Denim, you have been told numerous times that there are plenty of laid back coops that are coops in name only -- where people aren't told to do anything or play a particular way -- just a work-around on being in a coop. Like going solo except you have all the benefits, too, like reduced production costs and rewards during events even if you don't participate. You could do this if you want. But if you choose not to, please understand why your complaints are falling on deaf ears.
    First of all I have said ( Numerous Times) that I do not want to be in a Co-op, so why keep saying I should be in one?
    Second I have not complained as much as others I have seen in these forums, so why am I the (only one) being called out ? and if what I say falls on ( Deaf ears) as you say, then I doubt that as I am always getting replies and comments bout what I say, I get compliments bout what I say many times over,  If you do not wish to read what I add in as far as My concerns for the game and such, then your free to not read what I put, I think I am one of the few people in these pages that do help others with My posts and such, so I will keep doing what I can to help even with the nay sayer's, thank you.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    First of all I have said ( Numerous Times) that I do not want to be in a Co-op, so why keep saying I should be in one?
    Second I have not complained as much as others I have seen in these forums, so why am I the (only one) being called out ? and if what I say falls on ( Deaf ears) as you say, then I doubt that as I am always getting replies and comments bout what I say, I get compliments bout what I say many times over,  If you do not wish to read what I add in as far as My concerns for the game and such, then your free to not read what I put, I think I am one of the few people in these pages that do help others with My posts and such, so I will keep doing what I can to help even with the nay sayer's, thank you.
    why should you be in a coop?because YOU are complaining about not being in one YOU are complaining about not playing the game the way the game was designed and meant to be played there is a reason that you get the join a coop pop up so early in the game because growing your farm and being in a coop to help you grow your farm is the point of the game that is the way the game was designed and meant to be played that is why they will keep coming out with coop only events because the majority of players are in coops because again is the way it is meant to be played so if you dont like it either spend the one time low gold fee and get your very own coop with just you in it and be able to play all of the events and get some benefits everyone else gets or live with your decision and the way YOU chooses to play because the game designers are not going to change there whole game to make YOU happy and true other people complain a lot too but they are at least complaing about things they cant change all YOU have to do is start your own coop to fix your issue or try joining artful or a low level not very active coop and at least try it have you even ever tryed it? to see if you even would like it or do you just think you dont like it so you dont even try you would rather just complain about they adding to the game and other players playing the way it was meant too?
  • Upcoming highlights for Q2 2019

• New production buildings
      To spice it up your farmer life, we are planning on introducing new types of production buildings to Big Farm! No, we are not having butchers moving into our town.

I love everything else - but this is concerning as many of us don't have any more room for production buildings.
    I personally have used every square - I don't have a spare!  :D

Blue Denim (US1) My greeting was a try to give you a little encouragement. When there is nothing to do about something disappointing, whats left is to keep smiling and move on.

artful (US1) is right. GGS decision is not based on players who didn´t want the new farm. I was looking forward to it too as several others. They just couldn´t make it work the way they wanted it to.

Cheers :smile:

I kinda halfway expected it when Dennis left.. Volcano was his baby. :)
    edited 02.04.2019
    why should you be in a coop?because YOU are complaining about not being in one YOU are complaining about not playing the game the way the game was designed and meant to be played there is a reason that you get the join a coop pop up so early in the game because growing your farm and being in a coop to help you grow your farm is the point of the game that is the way the game was designed and meant to be played that is why they will keep coming out with coop only events because the majority of players are in coops because again is the way it is meant to be played so if you dont like it either spend the one time low gold fee and get your very own coop with just you in it and be able to play all of the events and get some benefits everyone else gets or live with your decision and the way YOU chooses to play because the game designers are not going to change there whole game to make YOU happy and true other people complain a lot too but they are at least complaing about things they cant change all YOU have to do is start your own coop to fix your issue or try joining artful or a low level not very active coop and at least try it have you even ever tryed it? to see if you even would like it or do you just think you dont like it so you dont even try you would rather just complain about they adding to the game and other players playing the way it was meant too?
    I do not complain that I am not in a co-op, I always have to keep saying that I do not want to be in one, and I am not the only one who does not want to be in a Co-op,  Big Difference, yup.
  • sjanni (SKN1)sjanni (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 20
    1. my cattree is going down today, why.. i had it for over a year now, its just taking place up for other things, since there never going to be an opgrade for it, it seems
    2 the villagefarm is serius worthless, i dont se why wee have it, the horses is a lotteri anyway, you loose to small levels and beats high levels, dosent make sence to me. the boat is expencive and most you get seeds for a high price
    3 the silo, what is it with all the feed you get as prices, isent that completly stupid, since thats what you already make at the farms, give some prises all have fun with
     but new stuff instead off finish old stuff  dosent make sence 
    where is happyhour

• tim47 (US1)tim47 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    updates updates updates--- improve the cc/ww prizes --then maybe i'll buy gold---happy farming
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    You do not lose the gold when starting a co-op. It goes in your co-operative account.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I am waiting to take down any of my cat trees to see what these "new production buildings" are all about.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 04.04.2019

Upcoming highlights for Q2 2019

• New production buildings
      To spice it up your farmer life, we are planning on introducing new types of production buildings to Big Farm! No, we are not having butchers moving into our town.

I love everything else - but this is concerning as many of us don't have any more room for production buildings.
    I personally have used every square - I don't have a spare!  :D

I have a few squares to spare but not a lot though . Please dont bump in any production machine with huge size or i may need to rearrange once again  :(  .
    @Sheila NOLA Gal (US1) , Saw your farm(looks very nice) and found 48 squares with decos and 2 useless buildings the doghouse and cathouse , so u have space i guess  ;) . Here only, 59 squares wasted overall on decos(just to make farm look good ,dont like fitting in every square and making it look ugly) and no buildings  to demolish lol . Hope the building is not sized like a distillery and it is like a windmill :).

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I think the new production buildings refer to the coming theme park event? while I do have squares that can be used if I rearrange and get rid of decos... I really don't need more on my reg farms unless we get more land!!! :)
  • Heidi (INT1)Heidi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 479
    .....  Only one worry from me - please dont mess up the DSF (shudders, remembering the last DSF rework!!!!)
    Worth a repeat - - - - I'm so worried about the DSF rework, and that we might have to relearn how to best load boats (shudders remembering the last DSF rework)

All the rest sound good, can't wait to see them.  Also hoping the horrendous amount of events eases up sometime soon. They're really not so fun when they come so often, stacked back to back, and/or too many at one time.
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 06.04.2019
    What about Lester (Locust attack)? Will it ever be fixed and reintroduced to the game? 

Orphanage Drive and Flash sales? Nether one has been run for a awhile.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    What about Lester (Locust attack)? Will it ever be fixed and reintroduced to the game? 

Orphanage Drive and Flash sales? Nether one has been run for a awhile.
    I think they said Lester's Locust attack was gone permanently. As for the Orphanage Drive, I don't think it was too popular. the Flash sales were fun -- it would be nice to see them pop up now and then.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 06.04.2019

Upcoming highlights for Q2 2019

"Additional subscription features
    We did a few changes and improved the current packages already available in the game and now we will introduce a new package to the family. We got a trio!
    This package will be a single player option and it will contain additional convenience features and some more appealing bonus on top."

answer
    I would like to see a better single player, but these features should only help us as single players.
    - water all co-op trees
    - boost to farm's happiness
    - shorter build times
    - add a way to copy & past with HTML5 :)

"Reworked rankings
    Since a while now we have been pondering the idea of extending some of our ranking lists to a global scope and we also have a new long term event on the works, bringing a new ranking system to the game in order to create a better matchmaking that generates a fitting challenge for everyone."

answer
    Cold this possibly mean that you are going to split off the hard core co-ops from the rest of us?
    It would be wonderful to compete against other co-ops equal to our capabilities!!

"Introduction of themed mystery boxes
    Do you like mystery boxes? We’ve got some great news for you! We are adding more mystery boxes to the game and, to give you more of a decision power of the content you will receive, these boxes will be categorized in colors according to your content, e.g. green box will contain seeds, purple boxes will contain seaweed products, etc."

answer
    I absolutely love this!!

"Women’s World Cup 2019
    As we all remember, last year’s world cup event was a huge success and we would like to give continuity to it during the Women’s World Cup coming up in June. Get your shin pads and whistles ready!"

answer
    I will be looking foreword to this event.

"Deepsea Rework
    Like already mentioned in October and December 2018, we will work on this in 2019...Wait, we are in 2019! In the second half of this year we’re going to finish our Deepsea works:
    - A new way to display your fleet of boats and put them to more use
    - More reliance on skill than the random events of the current system (all fish available at all times)
    - More fishing spots, more boats available to use and therefore an even bigger catch!"

answer
    I am worried about the "More reliance on skill" part of this change.
    It already takes too long to load our boats and send them out now.

"New production buildings
    To spice it up your farmer life, we are planning on introducing new types of production buildings to Big Farm! No, we are not having butchers moving into our town."

answer
    I am all in favor of new production buildings.
    Looking foreword to them so we have something new to work on. My only fear is, where will these buildings go? I sure hope they will go outside our farming area :)

"Reworked Hard Work Events
    We are aware that in the past not everything with the Hard Work Events went super well all the time, therefore we will give it another shot. The rework will introduce some changes and additions to the rewards as well as a general rebalancing of the events."

answer
    The rewards do need to be changed, but I well just hope for the best on this one.

Further Ideas for 2019 and Beyond

"Appearance System 2.0
    We evaluate a revamp of the skin system offered in game to make it more organized and intuitive for you. This being said, we’d appreciate your feedback and point of view on this topic. In general it should be easier to locate and use the already available skins and also to know what skins could be purchased for a determined building."

answer
    I like this idea and it will be very helpful.
    Perhaps a building something like how the decoration tower works.
    - Call it "Appearance museum".
    - It will have floors for each type of building showing the different skins for that building
    - These floors will also shown how many of those skins we have.
    - One floor could have an Appearance shop on it where we could buy the skins that must be purchased.

"Events in the pipeline
    The idea of a tractor related event has been around for a while and we finally want to continue working on that. Everyone loves tractors, right? Speaking of things you love, we also decide to give you, as our players, a new Christmas event that you can enjoy during the holidays."

answer
    Looking foreword to these both.

"Volcano Farm
    The development of this feature has officially stopped and it will be stored back in our idea drawer. Instead we’re looking into other options to be implemented as a content addition and we’ll keep you updated on our future development."

answer
    No grate loss here.
    It began to sound like it would be a permanent temp farm where the volcano would destroy buildings.

In regards to copying and pasting in HTML5, are you referring to the chat window?  If so, you can copy/paste there just fine - you just have to highlight the text using the mouse, then use CONTROL+C to copy and CONTROL+V to paste.

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 06.04.2019
    if you highlight what you want then hold the CTRL button down plus the C button it will copy the text you want  you can usually just click and hit past like normal but if not then past is the CTRL key plus the P key but i think they just need to fix it we should not be charged to be able to copy and past text i also agree we need the water all button added to the personal subscription too
    added: some times you have to do it more then once for it to copy it but i copy and past like that a lot every day so it works just sometimes for me it can be touchy and have to try to copy it twice 
Sign In to comment.