Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Village Fair

Comments

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i personally like the village fair a lot better then the CC i hate the CC the prizes are not nearly worth the effort and you have to set there for the whole 30min playing well with the village fair if you have a active coop and you do the 30min ones we have them done in the first couple min then go and do what ever for 30min or if it is a 4 hour one then collect and go on if we get it then great if not o well and i love the challenge of seeing if we can get everyone to work together to see if we can fill the 4 things and get the bonce points you have to work more as a team on village fair then you do the CC the CC you do your own thing and everyone points just add up with village fair if not everyone works as a group you wont fill the 4 items in time and you wont get bonce points the only time a lot of us are talking is during the village fair cause it takes team work 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I hate the VF with a passion. Only about 3 people in the coop have shown any enthusiasm for it. Hated the VL, too, as the team had to throw all our resources at it just to keep from dropping down. We made a decision early on just to ignore the VL. We have some new team members, so it will be interesting to see if our stats change.
  • I use to love VF but I will wait until I see what difference they have made before I say yeah or neah now
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    Does anyone know when VF is due to start, the calendar says 30 March but it seems Wabbit might have changed it to start today. I can't find where the change was made though.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Love the VF....its one of the few events out there that gives great rewards for effort and there's no cheat systems in place like the CC where points can be bought. Like others though I am concerned GGS has stuffed up this event by downgrading rewards or rebalancing them to make it unattainable......we will find out soon enough.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Does anyone know when VF is due to start, the calendar says 30 March but it seems Wabbit might have changed it to start today. I can't find where the change was made though.
    I believe it was changed to the 29th. The German forum would seem to indicate so. I would prepare for it to start today, just in case. :)  (not that there's really a lot of "preparing" you can do anyway. I guess a better thing to say would "don't be *surprised* if it starts today.) :)
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    I believe it was changed to the 29th. The German forum would seem to indicate so. I would prepare for it to start today, just in case. :)  (not that there's really a lot of "preparing" you can do anyway. I guess a better thing to say would "don't be *surprised* if it starts today.) :)
    lol, thanks Southern.  
    Who starts the challenges isn't showing up in chat -- just says "activity" and then it's blank
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Love the new changes to seeing what we will harvest when choosing a challenge. <3
     Hate not seeing who started the challenge.  :/
    The improvement of rewards and the ability to see what items are asked for is a huge improvement. Already seeing increased participation by the team. Still, it needs to roll around less often so that it's a true "event" and not just something to have to keep on doing every time we turn around.

My opinions may be prejudiced -- I just won a couple of GMLs. :)
  • barb24 (AU1)barb24 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 21
    At the moment only 2 coops are taking part in our league So unless others join in we will both be demoted it seems. Why couldn't we both be promoted and not punished for participating?
  • this is one event I hate.. we have no way of doing the challenges when other people are allowed to come in and start 20 hour challenges we could never in a million years complete.. this is so stupid I am ready to quit playing this game .. I hate that this makes me so angry.. I only have so much time to play and contribute and you let people come on our village and screw us
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @HunterWhaley (GB1)

It is the co-op that invites and/or accepts people into their fold and occasionally some members don't accept the rules or are deliberately causing chaos; however, the coders at GGS are the ones who screw us. Previously we were able to see who the culprits were and do something about it, that being to warn them and if they persist, kick them. The coders on this latest update have seen fit to remove the feature of knowing who starts a challenge. Whether this is an accidental bi-product of the coding updates or a deliberate thing we will never know, but let's hope they come to their senses and fix it so that only leaders and deputies can start them and if no deputies available after a certain period of time, then anyone can start them but with a limit of challenges up to an hour in length. That is very easy to encode for any coder worth their money.
  • well we know who did it .. Good_Coop did it to us.. so tell me how do we recipricate?
  • This whole situation has made me hate this game again.. I only have so much time so now I sit and just do the norm .. no way to move up .. do the people that make this game even see our concerns or comments..Please change this immediately it sucks
  • Mee8 (AU1)Mee8 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 213
    @HunterWhaley (GB1)

It is the co-op that invites and/or accepts people into their fold and occasionally some members don't accept the rules or are deliberately causing chaos; however, the coders at GGS are the ones who screw us. Previously we were able to see who the culprits were and do something about it, that being to warn them and if they persist, kick them. The coders on this latest update have seen fit to remove the feature of knowing who starts a challenge. Whether this is an accidental bi-product of the coding updates or a deliberate thing we will never know, but let's hope they come to their senses and fix it so that only leaders and deputies can start them and if no deputies available after a certain period of time, then anyone can start them but with a limit of challenges up to an hour in length. That is very easy to encode for any coder worth their money.
    I agree 100%......its ridiculous that we cannot now identify the people who start these challenges, also we are in the diamond league but there are only two teams in it at the moment and the way it looks we will be both be relegated instead of promoted???? Is that fair????
    well we know who did it .. Good_Coop did it to us.. so tell me how do we recipricate?
    How did another coop do it to you?  One of your team members starts the challenge, not another coop.
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    I suspect that was a reference to "goodgamestudios_coop"  :)  :)  :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Because some coops have multiple farms with the strategy to send a farm to a rival coop to mess with their progress. There are many sad tactics similar to this going on, its what the game has become. I do agree id like to know who starts Village Fair challenges. While my group is generally on the same page in regards to the challenge lengths we choose to play its a good feature to have just in case someone turns rogue.
  • Mee8 (AU1)Mee8 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 213
    Because some coops have multiple farms with the strategy to send a farm to a rival coop to mess with their progress. There are many sad tactics similar to this going on, its what the game has become. I do agree id like to know who starts Village Fair challenges. While my group is generally on the same page in regards to the challenge lengths we choose to play its a good feature to have just in case someone turns rogue.
    Totally agree with you Gizmo we have had it happen to us lots of times.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Breath, its probably an undesired/unknown effects from all the changes to the fair, and pretty sure, that it will get fixed :)

• bobll764 (US1)bobll764 (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    edited 30.03.2019
    Nice improvements, but what is the idea of not showing who started a challenge??? The genius behind that should be fired.... :disappointed:
    We got screwed in the past by newbies members (probably fakes accounts) who comes and started 12 hours impossible and already done challenges, mading us losins all our bonus timer.
    Again, we have a problem in our coop with a newbies unable to read private mails and starting inapropriate challenges, but now we have to do a witch hunt to know who done it.
    What a brilliant idea! :-1:

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    "A couple more known issues for you..........
    1. The name of the member that starts a VF challenge is not showing on the coops activity log."

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    Its a known issue mentioned in Official Announcements about the chat activity not showing who starts a challenge.

I also suggest, and many others may have already too, that the starting of a Village Fair challenge should be restricted to only Leaders and deputies.
    Please make it so!

• bobll764 (US1)bobll764 (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    I also suggest, [...] that the starting of a Village Fair challenge should be restricted to only Leaders and deputies.
    Please make it so!

I agree. You have my vote.

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    edited 30.03.2019
    From what I have been told at the co-op, I am a member of, only leader and deputies have access to start VF challenges. I am a member of the leader team and had to leave the game so told a member who wanted a new challenge to start it. He told me that he couldn´t, when trying he was informed that only leader and deputies can start them.

Seems to be in place at SKN1.

(edited in a missing word)
    Post edited by Summer (SKN1) on
    Its a known issue mentioned in Official Announcements about the chat activity not showing who starts a challenge.

I also suggest, and many others may have already too, that the starting of a Village Fair challenge should be restricted to only Leaders and deputies.
    Please make it so!

I hope they don't make it so that only leaders/deputies can start challenges, or at least make it optional. For smaller coops, that would necessitate making most of the team deputies, or else the event would be stalled if the leader/deputy weren't logged on. And there are a whole lot of reasons some coops wouldn't want all the members to have deputy powers.

Many have suggested that it would be easier to allow any member to start challenges but limit the regular members to 30 minute ones.
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 30.03.2019
    This is new to me - I am trying to find the answer to teh question  " What is the % mean? "

this % symbol    Symbol

I know the coop - name -  ??? - Time - and so forth  but what is the % ?

Ok i got an answer it fits - it is from the Wheel of fortune. My % says 0.6 I did spin the wheel and landed on 3 different boosters listed to me as 2% - so added it it is 6 % - it is tied to the boosters time that was won from Monty.

Edited to include the Answer

Post edited by BJs (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 31.03.2019
    Nevermind this, I think I was wrong.
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Nah, BJs got it right

Its connected to the wheel boosters acquired by players :)

its interesting, But i think it counts the total of % it adds counting ur whole boosters unlocked

So it gives very small % ha ha :)
Sign In to comment.