Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Village Fair

Comments

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    How much months needed more? To run this 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
     :D  Lots I hope seeing there are so many other things still not working correctly that should be addressed before adding more  o:)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Agree with DK! :)
  • Tator Tot (US1)Tator Tot (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    Loving the idea of revamping the village league challenge. This sounds great.
    Agree, but even better--it will replace some of the CC's.  YAY!!
    Loving the idea of revamping the village league challenge. This sounds great.
    Agree, but even better--it will replace some of the CC's.  YAY!!
    Don't get your hopes up ;-)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    So about what time is this Village Fair supposed to start?  The schedule says it will start on the 21st of October.  In Germany it is the 21st.  Thank you for giving us a "heads-up" on the start time.
  • the village fair is here! :) personally i like it and you don't have to do much work but still, the lag, lag, and did i mention laaag is just too much and makes it a bad event.
  • angie50 (GB1)angie50 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 223
    waiting and waiting again , cant collect owt , this is stupid , we need a time not just the day/night on the calender, come on GGS .
  • Village Fair & Halloween event just arrived. :)
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    I dont think filter works as it should unless i have misunderstood something:

right side shows only products from MF and FF --- then use filter:

no challenge left side if you only want products from MF and GF.

also if you remove Processed Goods (the mill top left side) challenge with 'mill' dont disappear -- you need to test all pages ??? -- since 

it look like you can use 'only products from FF' on Bronze-challenges.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @BlueZilver (GB1)

Correct, the 1-star challenges are limited to the 30-minute Bronze level challenges.

The reason it's showing you the "Goods" on the right side is because you're selecting a challenges that you've already completed once, so it shows you what products were used in that challenge.  If you pick a challenge you haven't done before, it will just show you the generic "Field", "Mill", "Stable" or "Orchard" icons.

Also, if you pick a challenge (that you've done before), then remove that challenge with a filter, it's still "Selected" (and will show that challenge on the right hand side), even though it's removed from the list on the left. You'd have to highlight another challenge to have the screen on the right change.

Personally, I'd like to see some 1-hour, 1-star, "Main Farm Only" challenges, as the 30-minutes ones are too short, but the 2 & 3 star challenges are pretty much impossible for our Co-Op to complete.
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    edited 26.10.2018
    @BlueZilver (GB1)

Correct, the 1-star challenges are limited to the 30-minute Bronze level challenges.

The reason it's showing you the "Goods" on the right side is because you're selecting a challenges that you've already completed once, so it shows you what products were used in that challenge.  If you pick a challenge you haven't done before, it will just show you the generic "Field", "Mill", "Stable" or "Orchard" icons.

Also, if you pick a challenge (that you've done before), then remove that challenge with a filter, it's still "Selected" (and will show that challenge on the right hand side), even though it's removed from the list on the left. You'd have to highlight another challenge to have the screen on the right change.

Personally, I'd like to see some 1-hour, 1-star, "Main Farm Only" challenges, as the 30-minutes ones are too short, but the 2 & 3 star challenges are pretty much impossible for our Co-Op to complete.
    i know ... only reason i highlight challenge and use one already done was so the items was visible ... if you dont highlight the challenge it wont show up on the list left side - as you can see on the second picture.

my point is ... im trying to find out to only get those those challenges without products from GF ... and i cannt no matter how i use filter.

and as you can see first picture this is not a challenge from bronze leaque but its a 30 min- challenge.

somehow it look like: filter works on bronze-challenges but not on platinum-challenges.

But in both cases challenges with 'Processed goods' (show as a MILL) shows up on the list even though i have removed 'green V'.

Best way to 'test' if/how filter works is to use it on challenges you have done ... but coop do need to do challenges ... so i cannt spend much time trying out every combination for filter and post pictures.

Second picture ... filter - 'green V' : May require goods that can be produces on your MF and GF' they do exist as  challenges but you cannt find them using filter:  

On the server im on we have at least one 3-star-challenge platinum-leaque with only products from MF/GF

page 17: Boltmaster 3:00 h   Wildflower, Pigs, Almonds and Pigs Feed

this challenge i would have expected to be a 2-star-challenge.

• Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 26.10.2018
    If you want challenges without products from the GF then you must filter by selecting 1-star challenges only.

A 1-star challenge will include only items from the Main Farm
    A 2-star challenge MAY (possible, but not definitely will) include items from the Gourmet Farm as well as the Main Farm
    A 3-star challenge MAY include items from the Flower Farm, and MAY include items from the Gourmet Farm as well as the Main Farm.

Choosing a 2-star challenge does not guarantee that any Gourmet Farm items will be asked for; choosing a 3-star challenge does not guarantee that any Flower farm or Gourmet Farm items will be asked for. 

• forest333888 (INT1)forest333888 (INT1) Posts: 332
    edited 05.11.2018
    ggs is running to many events at the same time and then their going to add a village fair, i really hope that they get the VF sorted because people are not going to be happy if it's a repeat of the last few times.

let me rephrase that, their already not happy at all it better be okay this time.

@WascallyWabbit @CM_Hunter @CuddlyFoxes 
    Post edited by forest333888 (INT1) on
  • Mee8 (AU1)Mee8 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 213
    Is anyone having problems viewing who to challenge in the village fair? At the moment I can only view level 14 Platinum all the others are blank?
    Check the settings of the filter. We do not not actually challenge any one or co op. Those are just the names of the challenges which happen to be co op names. This may help you   http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/village_fair/village_fair.htm
  • mzbrittol (US1)mzbrittol (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    Is there not a way to cancel a challenge? Especially if it was clicked on by mistake?

If there is not a way to do that then there should be. It seems to be that anyone in the group can click to start a challenge and I do not think that is okay at all. Please correct me if I am wrong. I personally think that only deputies and leaders should be able to start village challenges.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Is there not a way to cancel a challenge? Especially if it was clicked on by mistake?

If there is not a way to do that then there should be. It seems to be that anyone in the group can click to start a challenge and I do not think that is okay at all. Please correct me if I am wrong. I personally think that only deputies and leaders should be able to start village challenges.
    Although it seems best to only allow the leader and deputies the ability to start challenges, you are asking for trouble if a coop member is on and can't start a challenge.  As it is now, when I join a coop to play I have to wait 20 minutes before I can start a challenge from the next challenge, even if I am the only one on and playing.  So, agree only Leaders and Deputies should be allowed to start them, at least it is a 20 minute wait for regular members to start one.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Please,please please GGS, take a look at the algorythm that you're using to determine the leagues in the Village Fair.
    Yes, we've been promoted to the Silver League, together with the nr. 9 coop on the server who were also inexplicably put in Bronze to start with, the rest are inactive coops!
    So effectively we are in a village Challenge with a top scoring coop three times our size, I don't think that that was what you were aiming for.
    Want to know what's with these numbers
    2456????? B)
    13455 ??????? B)
    Because I dont know and I am interested 
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    2,456 Shows the total bonus you've gotten from this produce so far.
    13,455 Shows the total bonus you've gotten from any active boosters you had so far.

8,540 shows that you co-op has harvested that many rutabagas out of 421 rutabagas so far.

00:01:00 shows that you still have 1 minute left of a 549% booster.

For more info here is my VF page on that screen. http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/village_fair/challenge_progress.htm
    Thanks I was wondering from many vf's but never try to know hihi o:)
  • Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    Why is there no running total posted on the Village Fair for my Personal Score?
    I can see my Personal Score for each individual Challenge and the score needed to win my next reward, but I have no idea what my current score is so that I may judge how close I am to meeting the requirements to win the next reward.

With all of the data crammed on that Village Fair data sheet, a Personal Running Score tabular seems like it should be a top priority...and yet it is non-existent.  Unless I'm missing something; if so, please "Edjumacate" me!  ; )
    I'm thinking this is another "Oops" on GGS, though. 
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Please,please please GGS, take a look at the algorythm that you're using to determine the leagues in the Village Fair.
    Yes, we've been promoted to the Silver League, together with the nr. 9 coop on the server who were also inexplicably put in Bronze to start with, the rest are inactive coops!
    So effectively we are in a village Challenge with a top scoring coop three times our size, I don't think that that was what you were aiming for.
    I think they purposely put a mixture of high-powered coops (and medium and low) into all the leagues. That way, every league has a top coop to get all the goodies, medium coops can get a few goodies and the lower coops are again merely cannon-fodder.
    Our non-competitive coop (of 29 players, ranked 288th on our server) is in the Diamond league if you can believe it, alongside Brat Pack coop (72 members, ranked number one on our server)
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    I have wondered the same thing myself.  It would be nice to know what our current score is so that we know how many more points we need to get to the next reward.  At present it is a guessing game.  

We have a co-op score so why not a personal accurate score?

Please GGS think about adding that when the next VF is here.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I agree. There is a lot left out in new events these days that shouldn't be ... a running total shouldn't be one of them.
  • Why is there no running total posted on the Village Fair for my Personal Score?
    @Cedar (US1) We have asked for this before, but I will try again. :)
  • @Cedar (US1) Good news, sort of, as you know, there are still some parts of that event that we do not have yet, such as the buildings on the hills in the Village, with the Hall of fame & league information, there will also be rankings within the coop, with rewards & this would be where you would see your personal score. 

Sorry that doesn`t really help for now, but you will be able to see it one day :)
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Thanks for asking WW , and by the way , hope Santa smiles on you, for all your great help over the year(s), I have no doubt that being a Mod is a hard task .
  • gldnhvst (US1)gldnhvst (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    Does anyone else despise this event(village fair) as much as I do?  The goals are unattainable, it is boring as heck, no competition involved in it at all, puts everyone in my coop to sleep.  Always drives me away from the game it is so boring.  I loved the village league challenges  there was competition, a reason to grow & improve all of your farms  & the rewards were nice as you could pick what you needed.  Now, there is no reason to even bother with the flower farm IMHO..  Our coop actually took 1st place once,  we received not one of the prizes good game promised, which of course has also put us off from playing this event, as it is boring enough to struggle through, then when all of your members win & receive nothing, why bother?  We all wrote to support & not one of us received even the courtesy of a reply.
Sign In to comment.