Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Village Fair

Comments

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Regular members have to wait 20 minutes before starting challenges.
    I don't want to be the only one able to start them, I trust our members not to do stupid things.
  • I would much prefer the VF if the bronze challenges showed up first and you had to search for the diamond, platinum and gold ones, instead of vice versa.  This might stop people starting 12 hour challenges by accident, and it wouldn't matter if a short, easy challenge was started accidentally.  Many players don't even know how to find the 30 minute ones.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I would much prefer the VF if the bronze challenges showed up first and you had to search for the diamond, platinum and gold ones, instead of vice versa.  This might stop people starting 12 hour challenges by accident, and it wouldn't matter if a short, easy challenge was started accidentally.  Many players don't even know how to find the 30 minute ones.
    Yes. This would help a lot for very little programming effort.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I would much prefer the VF if the bronze challenges showed up first and you had to search for the diamond, platinum and gold ones, instead of vice versa.  This might stop people starting 12 hour challenges by accident, and it wouldn't matter if a short, easy challenge was started accidentally.  Many players don't even know how to find the 30 minute ones.
    This is why most of our team won't start challenges ... they don't know how to find the bronze ones or they are afraid of accidentally starting a long one.
  • Tony P (GB1)Tony P (GB1) GB1 Posts: 88
    As mentioned by others we do need to see who started a challenge and ideally only leader & deputies be allowed to start them.Maybe also consider that a leader/deputy can put a "lock" on the max time for any challenges done within the coop.Having someone starting long challenges either  by accident or deliberately means players will not use gold/dollar boosters thus losing money for GG. Hopefully GG will take action knowing they could be losing money.
    Also, timer clock on the pop-out menu isn't working. It stays frozen until we click on the event, then it re-freezes.
    Also, timer clock on the pop-out menu isn't working. It stays frozen until we click on the event, then it re-freezes.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    question for the MODs

Could you please explane to me how this Earned booster strength section works on the Player rankings page.
    It seems to be broken or somwthing.

• micky mouse (INT1)micky mouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 107
    Referring to the screen shot in the above post.I would like to know what the % is for.Please and thank you.
    Referring to the screen shot in the above post.I would like to know what the % is for.Please and thank you.
    You and me booth. Some of our members have tons of 0s in that line so I'd like to know what it is and how it works.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    The % comes from spinning the wheel as far as I can tell... as for the time, I don't know where that comes from other than someone pushing with gold or seaweed a lot of challenge product... that is where I see it show up from some of our members.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    From the description, I would assume that it means how much bonus time you've earned for the Co-Op.

That is to say, when a particular item reaches 100% harvest, anything you donate (up to 200%) will give you a certain amount of bonus time.. Like you can earn 15 minutes of bonus time in a 30 minute mission, per crop:

In this particular mission, Our Co-Op has added a 3% bonus to field crops and 15:00 minutes of "bonus" time to the next challenge for fields, stables, orchards & production  How much of that percentage (%) and time is directly attributed to ME should be what shows up under the "%" and "time" columns next to my name, and there should be 1:00 HOUR of total time added to various people who contributed to the challenge.. Maybe 14 minutes for me, 18 minutes for someone else, 12 minutes for a 3rd person, etc..). 

I don't think the percentage (%) one is working though, except maybe from the WoF wheel, as some people have said that they've spun the wheel and had that % go up.  I haven't even SEEN the Village Fair wheel though, so haven't been able to spin it yet.  Only one on my farm at the moment is the regular WoF Wheel.

Like I said, this is an ASSUMPTION, based on the description. I may be completely wrong. But it makes sense.

Here at the halfway point of the challenge, We've maxed out everything to 200%.. I know I maxxed out the WildFlowers & Apples by myself, so I theoretically added 30:00 minutes of "bonus" time to the next challenge for Orchards & Fields.. and whaddya know:

It went up 30:00 minutes.

So I'm pretty confident in my explanation of the "Time" column.. And pretty confident on the % column, but I can't really verify it since I don;'t think it's working like it's supposed to be. :)

Further Information:

Right now I'm JUST having wildflowers in a currently running challenge.

Every 1,600 or so wildflowers that I'm harvesting is adding 3 minutes of time to my "Time" column:

("Minutes" should be "Seconds", this was reported like 6+ months ago, still not fixed. How hard is it to edit a text line?).. Anyway, to continue: everytime I harvest wildflowers, my "Time" column has been increasing by 3 minutes. My WF harvests are just over 2,000 Wildflowers per harvest.

Strangely though, the Wildflowers challenge is 200% complete, and has been for some time. Yet the "Time" column continues to increase by 3 minutes every harvest. The Bonus/Booster time is already maxxed at 30 minutes for the next challenge (this was a 1-hour challenge).  By all rights, I wouldn't think the "Time" column would continue to increase, as I'm not earning any more booster time for the next challenge (as it's already maxxed out).

Guess it's not working 100% correctly either.

Or my theory is completely wrong.

One or the other. :)

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I think the column measures the efforts of extra work after a challenge is complete :)

Whoever does puts a little more, than what is required ;p
    Well, the timer maxxed out at 30 minutes (in a 1 hour challenge), and several other people in the co-op got 3, 6, or 9 minutes from Wildflowers (they checked the timer before and after harvesting).

So my gut is telling me that it's just adding 3+ minutes to everyone who harvests 1,552+ wildflowers (in this particular example) without regard to whether or not the timer is already maxxed out, up to the maximum amount that can be earned in that particular challenge (30 minutes). Which means it's not working correctly either.

OR I could still be 100% wrong.  and it means something else entirely.

But I think we're on the right track.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i think you are right and the thing just knows when the  100 percent has been collected and bonse time starts but i dont think it knows when the 200 percent has been reached or because of programming stuff they just have it keep running because the longer the thing the longer your bonse time can be so maybe it just cant tell the difference between a 30min challenge and a 12 hour challenge 
  • Shilo (AU1)Shilo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 17
    @HunterWhaley (GB1)

It is the co-op that invites and/or accepts people into their fold and occasionally some members don't accept the rules or are deliberately causing chaos; however, the coders at GGS are the ones who screw us. Previously we were able to see who the culprits were and do something about it, that being to warn them and if they persist, kick them. The coders on this latest update have seen fit to remove the feature of knowing who starts a challenge. Whether this is an accidental bi-product of the coding updates or a deliberate thing we will never know, but let's hope they come to their senses and fix it so that only leaders and deputies can start them and if no deputies available after a certain period of time, then anyone can start them but with a limit of challenges up to an hour in length. That is very easy to encode for any coder worth their money.
    I require to know who starts the Challenges. This Village Fair has been totally ruined by someone starting inappropriate challenges for our Coop. 
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627

Well, the timer maxxed out at 30 minutes (in a 1 hour challenge), and several other people in the co-op got 3, 6, or 9 minutes from Wildflowers (they checked the timer before and after harvesting).

So my gut is telling me that it's just adding 3+ minutes to everyone who harvests 1,552+ wildflowers (in this particular example) without regard to whether or not the timer is already maxxed out, up to the maximum amount that can be earned in that particular challenge (30 minutes). Which means it's not working correctly either.

OR I could still be 100% wrong.  and it means something else entirely.

But I think we're on the right track.

Yes this was the same thing i saw that was happening and the maximum that can be earned is 15 minutes for a 30 minutes challenge .
    My timer moved from 11 18 hrs to 11 33 hrs on finishing apples box and stopped increasing even after i collected a few more . It was increasing by 3 minutes for every few apples i collected .

• gopher2 (US1)gopher2 (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    why haven't they left the player who starts it on the chat line? sure would like to know.
  • Paradice (US1)Paradice (US1) US1 Posts: 39
    PLEASE bring back the notice that tells who started the Village Fair Challenge.

We are having a problem sorting out who has started ann unwanted one.  Thank you bea 
  • @HunterWhaley (GB1)

It is the co-op that invites and/or accepts people into their fold and occasionally some members don't accept the rules or are deliberately causing chaos; however, the coders at GGS are the ones who screw us. Previously we were able to see who the culprits were and do something about it, that being to warn them and if they persist, kick them. The coders on this latest update have seen fit to remove the feature of knowing who starts a challenge. Whether this is an accidental bi-product of the coding updates or a deliberate thing we will never know, but let's hope they come to their senses and fix it so that only leaders and deputies can start them and if no deputies available after a certain period of time, then anyone can start them but with a limit of challenges up to an hour in length. That is very easy to encode for any coder worth their money.
    I agree 100%......its ridiculous that we cannot now identify the people who start these challenges, also we are in the diamond league but there are only two teams in it at the moment and the way it looks we will be both be relegated instead of promoted???? Is that fair????
    Diamond league also. 3 coops and we all show as being demoted. Hoping this is simply another glitch. Confirmation from a mod would be nice.
    BJs (US1) said:
    This is new to me - I am trying to find the answer to teh question  " What is the % mean? "

this % symbol    Symbol

I know the coop - name -  ??? - Time - and so forth  but what is the % ?

Ok i got an answer it fits - it is from the Wheel of fortune. My % says 0.6 I did spin the wheel and landed on 3 different boosters listed to me as 2% - so added it it is 6 % - it is tied to the boosters time that was won from Monty.

Edited to include the Answer

Thank you BJs

After chacking with some members in my co-op I can verify that you are correct.
  • we would appreciate knowing who is starting these challenges in village fair. no one will get very far if there is cheaters or poor sports among us. it's not fun when you know you won't even get close to filling the challenge.
    I"m trying to figure out those boosters.
    We have hundreds available that we have earned, but we need to spend gold to start them for 2 minutes?
    That makes no sense.
    If you understand them , please help!
    @GrammaLeah (US1)  if you have earned boosters, they will start with your next challenge... you do not need to buy them with gold.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    JVD (US1) said:
    @GrammaLeah (US1)  if you have earned boosters, they will start with your next challenge... you do not need to buy them with gold.
    to clarify you only get booster time if you fill the item needed more then the 100 percent so for example if you fill something for a 30min challenge 200 percent you will get 15min of booster time for the next challenge IF the next challenge has that kind of item there are 4 types field,tree,processing,stable so if you did apple,wildflower,pig and corn and got them all to 200 percent on a 30min then next you had corn,almond chicken feed,cow you would get 30min on the corn because you got the 2 previous feilds to 200 percent but no booster time on the chicken feed because you did not do a processing building on the one before it
    we would appreciate knowing who is starting these challenges in village fair. no one will get very far if there is cheaters or poor sports among us. it's not fun when you know you won't even get close to filling the challenge.
    It does show.. And has for the last couple of Village Fairs. It's just broken right now. They aren't going to fix it in one day.
    So we need to repeat the same crops in the next challenge?
    booster are by the fields, orchards etc... not a specific crop or orchard...  
Sign In to comment.