Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Upcoming Highlights - Q2 2019 & Beyond

Hello farmers,

We’re glad you’re here with us and show interest in the newest developments of our game.

Implemented highlights 2019

• Decoration Valley
  • Trade Center
  • Revival of the Layout Mode
  • New convenience features (for the subscription packages)
  • Cat Tree
  • New WWC winner concept - Greta’s first masterpiece

And our newest changes

• New farm machine levels
  • Village Fair completion
  • Landscape Designer “Greta” improvements

Upcoming highlights for Q2 2019

• Additional subscription features
    We did a few changes and improved the current packages already available in the game and now we will introduce a new package to the family. We got a trio!

This package will be a single player option and it will contain additional convenience features and some more appealing bonus on top.

• Reworked rankings
    Since a while now we have been pondering the idea of extending some of our ranking lists to a global scope and we also have a new long term event on the works, bringing a new ranking system to the game in order to create a better matchmaking that generates a fitting challenge for everyone.

• Introduction of themed mystery boxes
    Do you like mystery boxes? We’ve got some great news for you! We are adding more mystery boxes to the game and, to give you more of a decision power of the content you will receive, these boxes will be categorized in colours according to your content, e.g. green box will contain seeds, purple boxes will contain seaweed products, etc.

• Women’s World Cup 2019
    As we all remember, last year’s world cup event was a huge success and we would like to give continuity to it during the Women’s World Cup coming up in June. Get your shin pads and whistles ready!

• Deepsea Rework
    Like already mentioned in October and December 2018, we will work on this in 2019...Wait, we are in 2019! In the second half of this year we’re going to finish our Deepsea works:
        - A new way to display your fleet of boats and put them to more use
        - More reliance on skill than the random events of the current system (all fish available at all times)
        - More fishing spots, more boats available to use and therefore an even bigger catch!

• New production buildings
    To spice it up your farmer life, we are planning on introducing new types of production buildings to Big Farm! No, we are not having butchers moving into our town.

• Reworked Hard Work Events
    We are aware that in the past not everything with the Hard Work Events went super well all the time, therefore we will give it another shot. The rework will introduce some changes and additions to the rewards as well as a general rebalancing of the events.

Further Ideas for 2019 and Beyond

• Appearance System 2.0
    We evaluate a revamp of the skin system offered in game to make it more organized and intuitive for you. This being said, we’d appreciate your feedback and point of view on this topic. In general it should be easier to locate and use the already available skins and also to know what skins could be purchased for a determined building.

• Events in the pipeline
    The idea of a tractor related event has been around for a while and we finally want to continue working on that. Everyone loves tractors, right? Speaking of things you love, we also decide to give you, as our players, a new Christmas event that you can enjoy during the holidays.

• Volcano Farm
    The development of this feature has officially stopped and it will be stored back in our idea drawer. Instead we’re looking into other options to be implemented as a content addition and we’ll keep you updated on our future development.

This is it! We hope you enjoy the content and are looking forward to one or the other of our new features coming your way. Also be assured that, besides all the new great things coming in to the game, we are working on performance improvements and bug fixes like; the prevention of temporary login issues at the end of some events. Once we have more details regarding new features, we will make sure to pass it on to you. 

Please share your feedback below and as always, happy farming!

Your Community Team

Comments

• rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 29.03.2019
    The To Do list is very disappointing

I'd like another farm

I ignore most of the events because they reoccur far too often. 
    I don't dislike any event.   However they happen so often they are not 'events' to be celebrated but a chore to endure

It sounds like I will also be ignoring most of the new content too

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I have  a post for this Farm from awhile ago, I am still waiting for it to finally show up as well.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 02.04.2019
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Women's World cup event is going to be awesome ....

Last year the Fifa world cup event .... with all the Gambling and uncertainity on real life events ... that is , football matches .... got almost our entire co-op active.

I think ... more events ...based on popular world sports events like Olympics , Fifa ... could be introduced as a special event. It makes the game interesting.

New personal subscription sounds exciting ... if the price for it is the same for current personal subscription or less than it ... im buying it.

4th permanent farm is needed .... but not Volcano ,, good its shelved ... but long term 4th farm is needed.

Dsf rework .. HWE rework .... hmm .... pls dont mess this up

Themed mystery boxes .... sounds interesting .... any MB is fun :)

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    I have  a post for this Farm from awhile ago, I am still waiting for it to finally show up as well.
    Sorry to say, but the volcano farm plans have been shelved. There won´t be a volcano farm.

Keep smiling :wink:

• Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    All the changes are great ideas . Would love to see repeat all , humus all options in subs .
    Yeah the HWE rewards suck , hope it gets better like how the VF rewards got better  :) .
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    GGS is moving in the right direction ......

:smile:
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    The To Do list is very disappointing

I'd like another farm ... don't mind if its volcano or not

I ignore most of the events because they reoccur far too often.  
    I don't dislike any event.   However they happen so often they are not 'events' to be celebrated but a chore to endure

It sounds like I will also be ignoring most of the new content too
  • yacine18 (GB1)yacine18 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 238
    I have seen this yesterday in japan forum
    But unfortunately
    I didn't understand anything ;)

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    my feedback about the skins would be give them some happiness value, else they have no value. also make the skins that add production fast and easy to use.  They are worthless in the missions because by the time you get them and get the right one and apply them the mission is over! I bet I  have hundreds because why would I use them other than for missions?  And skins for houses and barns etc is fun but would be more fun if they added value.
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    I'm happy about getting clarification and closure about the whole Volcano Farm thing. I've been excited and preparing for it for a long time now (saving cool decos in case I can use them there, saving up dollars etc.) and the stress of it made me neglect my other farms and stop playing. Silly, I know! :D
    Anyways, I'm sure it hasn't been easy to work hard on a whole new farm only to see it thrown out, especially after it was teased for so long. I'm proud of the development team for understanding when it's time to just move on from it. It means that I can move on too and stop expecting it. Thank you! ^-^

Happy to hear that Deep Sea Fishing gets reworked too and that the dev team has heard and cares about all the worries around Hard Worker events. I'm glad that this game is still alive and well and keeps getting development. :smile:
  • QnAthena (US1)QnAthena (US1) US1 Posts: 12
  • QnAthena (US1)QnAthena (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    My feedback about skin will add beauty and make players more interested.........
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Multiple thumbs up! :)

But my appreciation is not a mystery 

<3
  • @WascallyWabbit

You misspelled highlights  :)

Gold lock and volcano farm. Two discussions that can finally stop clogging up the forum. 

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    These new features sound very positive. I am looking forward to them. :)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 30.03.2019
    Skin appearances that have bonuses - my suggestion is that when you put a skin on a building with bonuses, that the timer only counts down while you are actually using the building/field for the relevant thing.

For instance, if you have a skin that boosts cabbage, the timer should only count down once while you have cabbage planted, not the moment you apply the skin. The moment the cabbage is ready for harvest, the timer is paused and remains that way until more cabbage is harvested. Furthermore, if you decide to switch to another seed (say corn), it will remain on pause until cabbage is planted again, or the skin can be taken off in its partially used state and reapplied later.

I hardly bother with the skins because they are almost useless the way they currently work.

Tell me the advantage of a cabbage boost that lasts 30 minutes when the harvest time for cabbage is 45 minutes.
    Well that figures, Volcano Farm is put in storage probably never to be seen again , so those of Us who did want it will have to go without yet again, oh Yay Us, pfft.
    edited 30.03.2019
    Sorry to say, but the volcano farm plans have been shelved. There won´t be a volcano farm.

Why should I smile since it is just one more thing that I wont be working on in this game , seems that only Co-ops get most of the updated stuff, the rest of Us can go without I guess, but whatever, If I get bored with working on My farm's that I do have, I  just go play My other games instead, no biggie, I am not going to let the lack of stuff for Non-Co-op players in this game get Me down, nope.
    Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

Why should I smile since it is just one more thing that I wont be working on in this game? , only because some players did not even want the New Farm, the rest of Us have to go without? pfft I say.
    It has nothing to with players who didn't want the New Farm. That would have made no difference. GGS stated again and again that they couldn't make it work the way they wanted it to. Don't blame the players, please.
  • after a long time i have seen something great doing by GGS
    after the HTML fact,VF problems,much CC, we were quite dissapointed.
    but now GGS has back to his form
    thanks.

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    Well that figures, Volcano Farm is put in storage probably never to be seen again , so those of Us who did want it will have to go without yet again, oh Yay Us, pfft.
    yes,, they really should stop suggesting things to us so far in advance.  The volcano farm should never have been mentioned until they knew it was or was not going to work.  My parents took me and my sisters to Disneyland when I was 7. We rode a little train from the parking lot to the admission gate.  My folks took one look at the price of tickets and took us all back to the car.  True story.  this is that kind of disappointment and it could have been avoided.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 30.03.2019
    We have the deco farm and perhaps some of the ideas that were supposed to be implemented on the Volcano Farm will be implemented there instead.

New types of production buildings? Are we going to have to redesign our whole farms?
    Post edited by Rusty Farmer (AU1) on
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844

Blue Denim (US1) My greeting was a try to give you a little encouragement. When there is nothing to do about something disappointing, whats left is to keep smiling and move on.

artful (US1) is right. GGS decision is not based on players who didn´t want the new farm. I was looking forward to it too as several others. They just couldn´t make it work the way they wanted it to.

Cheers :smile:

• 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @WascallyWabbit - I hope the login problem for some people hasn't gone the same way as the Volcano farm. One massive eruption and melted everything away.  :)

Waiting with baited breath and anticipation on all the other changes.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Exactly. And it wasn't that the players didn't want the volcano farm, they just (1) wanted broken things fixed first, and (2) didn't want to see something rolled out full of bugs. For that reason, some were happy with the delay.
  • i think ggs did good on this one and i'm excited to hear about all the new updates!!
  • i just loved the rewards and the fun of playing the soccer event last year and am waiting in excitement for the women's world cup.

@TMKC (IN1)  i think that getting other sporting events would be a great idea that i second!!!1
  • Lets look at the positive!  No volcano farm - not good, but new machine levels are great, the VF changes are fab., the gold lock - excellent. Womens world cup - thanks - for two reasons, one is nice to see womens soccer being taken seriously and two, it was a great event before so should be again.  Only one worry from me - please dont mess up the DSF (shudders, remembering the last DSF rework!!!!)
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 30.03.2019
    @WascallyWabbit

You misspelled highlights  :)

Gold lock and volcano farm. Two discussions that can finally stop clogging up the forum. 

LOL Thanks, though it wasn`t misspelled, that was a capital "i", my keyboard can't seem to do 1 uppercase letter anymore, it keeps doing 2 :/

Sign In to comment.