Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Events Calendar - Discussion

Comments

• @ijrosh (US1) @The Best King (INT1) Events that have already started when the WWC begins, do not earn WWC points. The current CC is the non-WWC one, but the next one has WWC points, the same goes for the weekly themed events. We are told that the horse season works differently & that wll get  WWC opoints, even when it starts before the WWC.

As for the high number of CC and HWE & lack of VF, they did not give us an explanation, but  I do recall they did something similar the 1st time the WWC was run, and that time they said it was to give as many opportunities as posssible to win WWC points & I don't think the VF was giving WWC points yet.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 01.03.2019

As for the high number of CC and HWE & lack of VF, they did not give us an explanation, but  I do recall they did something similar the 1st time the WWC was run, and that time they said it was to give as many opportunities as posssible to win WWC points & I don't think the VF was giving WWC points yet.

Yeah....right. And I am the queen of the Netherlands...........
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I personally feel like it is a bit unbalanced at the moment with the frequency of events. We have the cooperative championships coming three or four times a month while many other events only come once a month or even less frequently than that. I think that it may be nice if it could become a bit more even in terms of the event frequency for each event. It would also be great if the rewards could be improved although that is not related to this discussion.
  • Marekfarmer (SK1)Marekfarmer (SK1) SK1 Posts: 192

Yeah....right. And I am the queen of the Netherlands...........
    that´s good one make my day  :D
  • DemonR (GB1)DemonR (GB1) GB1 Posts: 43
    @ijrosh (US1) @The Best King (INT1) Events that have already started when the WWC begins, do not earn WWC points. The current CC is the non-WWC one, but the next one has WWC points, the same goes for the weekly themed events. We are told that the horse season works differently & that wll get  WWC opoints, even when it starts before the WWC.

Then why have they not added WWC points to the VF? It's been around long enough. But then a lot of cooperatives just don't bother with that event, so it's not as profitable. That explains that I suppose.
    @WascallyWabbit
    New horse season running from 22 March ?? Are you kidding us? Normally there is a break of about one week ......but no during the WWC we take a 12 day break.
    Are there too many people reaching the 100 work rewards....well then we take a longer break.  Nice going GGS.

• @WascallyWabbit
    New horse season running from 22 March ?? Are you kidding us? Normally there is a break of about one week ......but no during the WWC we take a 12 day break.
    Are there too many people reaching the 100 work rewards....well then we take a longer break.  Nice going GGS.

@Kimmiecat (NL1) We asked the exact same thing when we saw it, as well as the fact that the season runs for the whole of April when there is no WWC & ends on May 1st when I assume the next WWC starts :/

We were told this guy was responsible...

We have just asked again for a more serious explanation, if there is one. :)

• I really do not understand this at all - all they seem to want to do is upset their player base which seems a really odd thing to want to do,  
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    I really do not understand this at all - all they seem to want to do is upset their player base which seems a really odd thing to want to do,  
    Bad Management, the way things are going i can see there will be less people playing this game next year, they will of all moved on to play better made farming games. 
  • Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    Wow, impressive to see the calendar for the next cc!!! 5 days on, 2 days off. For the rest of the month.

It is definitely not for my sake. But why listen to your members?

We skipped last time, that was great. 
    It has cost our first member, and I certainly do hope, that no more will stop.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I'm with you. I just had my second tell me he wasn't going to do them any more, and is thinking of finding another game.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Collecting from fields is a nightmare,  I am having to click two and three times to clear it, the game is so slow, laggy and buggy as usual. They will continue to add CC continuously whilst they are making money from it. If all players didn't spend money at the times when CC is on they would then listen to us. Soon it will be CC and no breaks !!

• Several posts moved to - St. Patrick's Day Event
    @WascallyWabbit

@Kimmiecat (NL1) We asked the exact same thing when we saw it, as well as the fact that the season runs for the whole of April when there is no WWC & ends on May 1st when I assume the next WWC starts :/

We were told this guy was responsible...

We have just asked again for a more serious explanation, if there is one. :)

@WascallyWabbit ....did you ever got an answer to your question? Because if you are right, and the next stop for the horseseason is again that long, the WWC of May will have the same problems.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Just wanted to say "Thank You" for only having *2* CC's next month.  Please pass along my appreciation to the scheduler. :)

(Even I was starting to suffer from CC burnout). :)

Now if they could only do something about all those popups............. :)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I must say that I am very happy with next months calendar!!!

Just look at that, 2 CCs and 2 FHWE. Thank you so much.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Great Work :smiley:
    Only 2 CC's next month , really love it :smile:
    Thanks Wabbit :smile:

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    @WascallyWabbit there's a FHWE from end of march to 1 april, then according to the new april calander, another starts on the 1st april

so are there back to back FHWE with the first one ending on the same day a new one begins?
  • Great - 2 cc's - thats better!  Please, please, please don't add more - 2 is just such a relief! xx
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 25.03.2019
    @WascallyWabbit there's a FHWE from end of march to 1 april, then according to the new april calander, another starts on the 1st april

so are there back to back FHWE with the first one ending on the same day a new one begins?
    @Corvid (GB1) I thought you all wanted more FHWE hehe :p 

You are, of course, correct, something is not right there, we are just waiting for a CM too appear so we can get the schedule checked.

EDIT: It is the same event, it was moved - I have adjusted the March calendar now.
    EDIT: Messages to Scheduler passed on.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554

April Fool's!  :o
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 25.03.2019
    April calendar is good.

I have a feeling ... Since VF time has been shortened, the rewards must have been nerfed.

I hope iam wrong
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Whew - only 2 CCs ?!!?
    Thanks much, folks. Will pass that on, the co-op members will be happy to hear that.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 26.03.2019
    @TMKC (IN1)  shortened so makes a lot harder to get GML.  That is their plan, very few players will now be able to achieve, them.  But other than that it looks great
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @Byron Longford (AU1)

I used to get all rewards by the beginning of day #2

There is a few strategies to get HW rewards

Of course a large coop helps tho

But if you got friends, when the soil boosters are up ( near the end of the event )

SS dandelions + Seaweed humus + Being raked , will reap you most of the rewards
    When the boosters are active

Its very important to pay attention to running boosters

Just saying :) 

it will be definetely a bit more challenging for some players
    edited 26.03.2019
    very hard to get booster up with only 5 in co op, again only thinking about large co ops and forgetting about small co ops.  They had it right to start with then changed it, so as players in small co ops can't get GML.  Just like FHWE shorten to make it impossible for most to get GML.  Every event now you have to be in large co op, VF, CC, CHWE, Octoberfest, the list goes on.  at least when the VF was longer small co op regular players had a chance.  I myself will probably still get them, but MOST won't.

A lot of these events would give better idea of result if you averaged the total by number of people.  so for vf, to increase booster a co op with 80 members would need to add 10 times more than a co op with 8 to get same increase.  Total result average the the total amount by the number of members, then you will get fair results. This could be done with CC and every co op challenge event.  Then small co op may get more interested in ALL these events.  how can a co op with 5 compete against 75
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Well. it is a team game.. :)

edited 26.03.2019
    what, so 5 players are not a team?  This whole game is biased towards big co ops in size.  Average scores by number of players and watch the results change drastically and a LOT fairer result.  Team of 5 still have to work together, if they want to win, but 5 against 75 not possible.  What is harm of making it fair and average result.  Large co ops might even have to gold MORE.  hint hint GGS
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 26.03.2019
    what, so 5 players are not a team?  This whole game is biased towards big co ops in size.  Average scores by number of players and watch the results change drastically and a LOT fairer result.  Team of 5 still have to work together, if they want to win, but 5 against 75 not possible.  What is harm of making it fair and average result.  Large co ops might even have to gold MORE.  hint hint GGS

For GGS this is one of the biggest problems to solve:

there are some genuine young small coops out there which have no chance competing against larger coops. This is the reason there are leagues so that the smaller coops can still do well in their own league

otoh there are new coops popping up every day, more so solo coops, they are mostly formed by experienced players level 200+, they compete and take away the top prizes from the genuine young small coops which would otherwise be at the top of the ranking in their own leagues. Those experienced players think it's fun to go to rookie league and smack everyone around 

There are also small coops that have been around for ages, players who do not care of expanding their coops, here too you can find very high level players, whether or not they care to compete in CC

I really doubt yours is a good solution @ byron Longford (AU1), if it only was that easy .....

EDIT:  about your comment, "its hard to get boosters up with only 5 in coop" the cost of boosters is scaled according to the number of people in the coop. A 1 hour or 10 hour booster costs near to nothing for a coop with 5 people and a whole lot more for a coop with 70 people. Same difficulty for every coop

edited 26.03.2019
    70 player in a co op for vf on just a 30min challenge can get booster on fields increase by 0.25% x 70 =17.5% compared to 5 players booster 5 x 0.25% =1.25%, so a lot easier for large co op to small co op.  on just 1 challenge, they can get 16.25% extra booster multiply that by 20 challenges a day extra 325% booster in just 1 day.  co op of 5 players booster has only gone up by 25% compared to 70, 350%  not even close... So just because you are in small co op you are way behind on VF.  That is just 1 day of booster that can be earned multiply that by 5 and wow, what chance does small co op have?   5x25%=125% compared to 5 x 350% = 1750%  this is why players in large co ops can finish in a couple of days while small co ops have trouble even getting close.
Sign In to comment.