Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Order of Crates in FHWE

I notice in this latest FHWE that I am getting successive crates from the same type of pool , like shrimp followed by oysters.Other members of my coop have had swordfish, salmon and cod . This was fixed some time ago, so that it was impossible to get 2 or more crates in a row from the same type of pool . Have GGS sneakily changed the rules ?

Comments

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    I notice in this latest FHWE that I am getting successive crates from the same type of pool , like shrimp followed by oysters.Other members of my coop have had swordfish, salmon and cod . This was fixed some time ago, so that it was impossible to get 2 or more crates in a row from the same type of pool . Have GGS sneakily changed the rules ?
    I was about to post the same. I am experiencing the same issue.
  • WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    No, the rules were not changed. It seems to be a bug. They are working on it.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Many thanks for the swift answer  :):):)
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    At least you don't have shrimp, clams and oysters all in a row. :/

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    I am getting the same today all boxes from same pool.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I am getting the same today all boxes from same pool.
    That is the main issue, because if we have to catch those three fish mentioned above consecutively, we have to either catch like normal and have no fish ready for the next one, or we have to use certain gear which would slow us down for catching the current fish while having to hold boats with the other fish. This is even more difficult considering that these pools are more unlikely to appear when compared to other pools.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Was just going to post this as well. Right now I have salmon followed by swordfish followed by cod. Not doable unless I spend gold, which isn't going to happen.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    They made such changes just to enjoy and want note conflicts
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Yes, the event is a bust for me also.  Herring followed by tuna then swordfish followed by cod and now I've got herring and tuna coming up again.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I was about to post the same. I am experiencing the same issue.
    me too, got shrimp, then clams. Sword fish then cod.  makes it tough to keep it going as if it wasnt already tough enough!
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    At least you don't have shrimp, clams and oysters all in a row. :/

YIKES!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Here's mine.

Yay, me. :)
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    Just add it to the list of all other bugs that don't get fixed because it is in their favour. One needs to spend gold to skip unobtainable fish. I have already used my budget of gold for this event.

Because it is a bug, will GGS reimburse me for further expenditure which would be the equivalent of them taking back rewards overpaid when they find a bug in our favour? Don't bother answering that question, I already know the answer...

I just find it strange that when they find a bug in our favour it is remedied immediately with events being cancelled without warning.
  • Mosie (AU1)Mosie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 4
    edited 15.03.2019

same issue for me aswell. bit hard when you only have one small rock pool too
    Post edited by Mosie (AU1) on
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Mine is the same way, 3 crates in a row from the same pools.

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    wow you are guys are so lucky who are working so hard to get shellfish pool which is the rarest one of all 

GGS applaud 
  • tuna followed by herring now, was cod followed by salmon for the previous 2 crates
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    You know, when an event that previously worked fine suddenly develops bugs, it's usually because they've gone in and "rebalanced" things ... just sayin' ...
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @WascallyWabbit
    Is there any info to suggest that this has been fixed for this FHWE ?
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    You know, when an event that previously worked fine suddenly develops bugs, it's usually because they've gone in and "rebalanced" things ... just sayin' ...
    there is a truth in that statement that i presumptiously put down to ggs not testing their tweakings (well, basically anything) enough to really know the outcomes in real time playing

which i assume is not something they prioritise highly as the approach of 'we can always adjust it again' seems the way it's done (while everyone in the gaming world knows that testing is a keypin to callibrating gaming mechanics), triple A titles have bombed and not recovered due to bad testing, it's not rocket science

tho it is number crunching lol
  • @WascallyWabbit
    Is there any info to suggest that this has been fixed for this FHWE ?
    @Uncle John (GB1) I actually asked this yesterday, because the update is not before the FHWE, so as you probably guessed it is not fixed yet *sigh* :/
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 18.04.2019
    #BUG FARM
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 19.04.2019
    Thanks for fixing the crate issue and making the FHWE back to normal time of 3 days  :) .
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Thanks for fixing the crate issue and making the FHWE back to normal time of 3 days  :) .
    Is that irony? It is not fixed yet!
    edited 19.04.2019
    No i got boxes from different pools . After oyster , herring i got shrimp then tuna .
    my current boxes: http://prntscr.com/ne830i
    Post edited by Rocky123 (IN1) on
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 19.04.2019
    it's not fixed, in fact the last fhwe and this one plays the same, and in that they play different - crate wise - to the usual randomness of it all, it appears like it's been tweaked to be frank

for one start, a bug? from what? bugs dont drop out of nowhere, you did something to the code somewhere, doesn't seem a buggy thing really, more a tweaked iteration and shellfish are far more likely than they've ever been, which of course are the real dogs in the event that create choke points.... fishy indeed

• nothing changed
    edited 20.04.2019

nothing changed
    Check this, my current boxes :  I never got any consecutive boxes from the same pool . 

and these are one of my friend's boxes:

• Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    496 shrimps / 398 clams for level 10 ????

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Rocky, you just got luck. I've got shellfish coming up for the 3rd time and am on the 5th item.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file