Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

St Patrick's Day Event

Comments

• my gifts are popping up nicely and the pranks are displayed as a purple fog but then again, sometimes there no sign or colour at all to say somebody gifted me.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526

These pranks are not particularly easy to spot. When the event first arrived, I didn't see the pranks and I harvested buildings twice that had pranks on them so I couldn't find the leprechaun. Perhaps they could make the pranks more clearly noticeable?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Using the Turbo Harvester as I do, it's pretty much impossible to spot a pranked building, as it harvests every building on the farm simultaneously.

Even though you've harvested a pranked building though, you can still find the leprechaun. I just have to check all 3 farms for him, since I have absolutely NO idea what farm the pranked building was on.. So every 5-6 hours I just start looking for him. He turns up eventually. :)
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Using the Turbo Harvester as I do, it's pretty much impossible to spot a pranked building, as it harvests every building on the farm simultaneously.

Even though you've harvested a pranked building though, you can still find the leprechaun. I just have to check all 3 farms for him, since I have absolutely NO idea what farm the pranked building was on.. So every 5-6 hours I just start looking for him. He turns up eventually. :)
    In the previous version of this event, it would let me find the leprechaun if I harvested the pranked building my accident. But the leprechaun disappeared when I harvested the pranked buildings twice and I was not available to find the leprechaun until they returned and pranked another building. I don't use the turbo harvester but it is still difficult to spot the prank sometimes. I have been getting better at spotting it, but I imagine that this would be difficult for many players to spot.

In the previous version of this event, it would let me find the leprechaun if I harvested the pranked building my accident. But the leprechaun disappeared when I harvested the pranked buildings twice and I was not available to find the leprechaun until they returned and pranked another building. I don't use the turbo harvester but it is still difficult to spot the prank sometimes. I have been getting better at spotting it, but I imagine that this would be difficult for many players to spot.
    Hmm.. They may have changed it in the changeover to HTML.. I'll have to test it next time I get a pranked building that I can see.. Which probably won't be until tomorrow morning.

If that's the case, that really sucks. Means I'll only be able to find the little sucker once a day, after I wake up from 5+ hours of sleep.. cuz I'll NEVER see a pranked building before I harvest it with the Turbo Harvester.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 11.03.2019
    @ninjahuman (AU1) and @Southern (US1) 
    I figured a work-around for this:  You can see the pranked building if you change to Outline view.  It is still not purple-hazed, just a whiff of of white smoke, but much easier to see in outline mode than in regular mode.
    Still, we shouldn't have to figure out work-arounds for everything. I hope they change it back to the way it was. 
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on

Hmm.. They may have changed it in the changeover to HTML.. I'll have to test it next time I get a pranked building that I can see.. Which probably won't be until tomorrow morning.

If that's the case, that really sucks. Means I'll only be able to find the little sucker once a day, after I wake up from 5+ hours of sleep.. cuz I'll NEVER see a pranked building before I harvest it with the Turbo Harvester.
    This is confirmed.  The leprechaun goes *POOF* when you harvest a pranked building, and thus you give up the reward for that 5 hour span, having to wait another 5 hours for him to reappear.

I had the leprechaun on screen, then purposely harvested the pranked building WHILE watching the leprechaun. As soon as I harvested the (pranked) building, *POOF*.. The little green guy disappeared.

I literally COULD NOT tell the building was pranked. With animations off you don't even get the little sparkles thingies.  I turned on animation briefly and it was a LITTLE easier to see the prank, but not buy much.  With animations off it just looked like a completely normal building (at least to my old eyes). If I hadn't checked the event in the parking lot to check my rank, I wouldn't have even known he was on the farm.

We NEED a better way to be alerted the leprechaun is available to find.  With Turbo & Repeat Harvester, I hardly ever even look at my buildings; there's no need to, since I no longer have to harvest them one-by-one.

Maybe change the "!" above the event in the parking lot and only have it show up when the leprechaun is available?
  • or maybe make a little exclamation mar appear above the pranked building, something ggs, you think of so many ways to get us to spend gold, can't you think of at least 1 useful idea?
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    no leprechauns at all on my farms  no green fog clouds  zippo nada
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    i have searched for leprechaun before harvesting  refreshing the game and clearing cached first  so far not one single treat/prank or leprechaun  getting frustrated here
    For reference, with animations off, this is what my Pranked building looks like.

Can you spot which building is pranked?

If you know it's there, and you HUNT for it, sure, maybe you can tell the composter is pranked.  But just in normal gameplay? I'd click the Turbo Harvester button without even a 2nd thought (course, the composter isn't ready yet, but if it were, and if I hadn't JUST logged in after 6+ hours of sleep, I knew it was time to look for a pranked building.)

We definitely need a better visual indicator of a pranked building.

Or better yet, just get rid of the pranked building altogether and just have the leprechaun spawn every 5 hours like Tanuki does, with the arrow (on the event in the parking lot) just taking you to the farm the leprechaun is on.
    @Southern (US1)  did you try using Outline mode? Made it a little easier to see for me. Unfortunately I didn't take a screen shot, though.
    @Southern (US1)  did you try using Outline mode? Made it a little easier to see for me. Unfortunately I didn't take a screen shot, though.
    Here's Outline Mode:

That one's completely IMPOSSIBLE to see.

Now, if I turn on animations it's a little easier:

A little easier, because the building icon turns into this weird neon green thing.. But I don't play with animations on, it's too distracting to me.

And yes, it's still pranked. :)

edited 11.03.2019
    I too use animations off most of the time, but when I have a prank I turn animations on and use outline mode. If you have animations off you cant see it , but with animations ON in Outline mode I can see the pranks.

This clearly needs to be addressed. We really shouldn't have to go through these convoluted workarounds to view the game properly.

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    no leprechauns at all on my farms  no green fog clouds  zippo nada
    @JustMe (US1)  You'll find it easier to find the pranked building on your farm by having the animations turned on and the Outline mode activated. The pranked building will appear as a green blob on your farm. This was pointed out by my friend Southern on another thread.  @Southern (US1)  Thanks, pal! animated-thumbs-smiley-image-0004
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    I had the problem of not seeing any "mist" this morning but when I checked the Parking Lot the arrow was green and sure enough I found a little green man. Also be aware that you should check this before harvesting anything.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I just logged in, went to the event buiilding, followed the green arrow to the FF, and nada, zip, nothing.  No pranked building and no leprechaun to be found.  This is with going to outline view, etc.
    I just logged in, went to the event buiilding, followed the green arrow to the FF, and nada, zip, nothing.  No pranked building and no leprechaun to be found.  This is with going to outline view, etc.

If you've got a green arrow, you've got a pranked building.  It's just hard to see. VERY hard to see.

Best way is to turn on animations, turn on Outline View, and look for a building that looks like a neon green blob (as in my screenshot above).
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    If I have a green arrow, it doesn't really matter what building it is... I start looking for the leprechaun. Due to the inability to see the fog, I always open event first now to see if I am pranked and go to that farm and hunt him out!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475

If you've got a green arrow, you've got a pranked building.  It's just hard to see. VERY hard to see.

Best way is to turn on animations, turn on Outline View, and look for a building that looks like a neon green blob (as in my screenshot above).
    Right, only there is nothing there, no green blob, nothing.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I have only gotten the leprechaun once each day and this morning, nothing at all.  I think he skipped town.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I'm only getting leprechaun once a day as well.  Checking the event vendor before doing anything is the key. It doesn't matter what bldg is pranked, the prank will be nullified and replaced w/ a treat! Finding the leprechaun is the key.
  • Mandariini (SKN1)Mandariini (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 25
    I have'nt got  leprechaun at all, and the arrow is gray day after day..
  • if got green arrow click it and start searching for goblin forget about fog my windmil got pranked without fog
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    He's there once in the morning for me, then grey arrow the rest of the day.
  • i have the goblin now, green arrow and he'll probably pop up later on today, here a few pics:

this is normal, with animations,

with animations,

without animations.
  •    Since the St. Patrick Day event started I have not been able to access the flower farm.  I believe it is due to the leprechaun being on that farm.  When I try to access that farm it loads partially and then locks up and won't let me go back to any other farms.  I can't even logout, I have to close the window and reopen it. I believe it is due to the leprechaun because when I click on the show me button, it starts to load the flower farm and locks up about half way thru the loading process. Every once in while it will tell me it is not responding due to a long running script, but I can't get past it.  Is anyone else having this issue?
    @EggFarmerPhil (US1) Are you still having this problem & are your other farms ok when they have a prank on them?
  • I'm new to the game and have a hart time to play, don't understand most of the events and cannot find any help. Are there any posts explain these events?

As for St. Patrick event.... Did anybody get lucky hats? How do you get them? My stats are still showing 0 even though my golden clover shows at 31 happiness.

Thanks for any info.

• Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 13.03.2019
    This is a great site for all farm information

• harvestmoonn (INT1)harvestmoonn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 851
    edited 13.03.2019
    umm mine is 52/11 think your most had  few if got 31  already 
    dont remember when i got  first village happiness on it
    when i reach 23,861 11 happiness become 12 and new number add there for 13 happiness
Sign In to comment.