Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Yield changes on special buildings

shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
While scrolling through the WWC Trader offerings, I noticed that the Candy Coop now yields the same as Irish and Tropical coops.  It used to yield more.

Also, the trader shows the 3 big ducks all with the same yield - now I KNOW that is not correct.

Added:  looks like this is just a graphics error in the Trader Listing itself.  My Candy chick is giving the same amount it always has.  But the Trader needs listing needs to be corrected.

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    The trader listings doesn't show yields.  It does show how many "additional" eggs you'll get from your Library Books, though.  In my case all 3 show "+375", since I have the Level 5 Library Book.

Why they show it that way in the Trader I have no idea.. Showing the yield WOULD make more sense, since I already know what level of handbook I have.. But *Shrug*..
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    This is not only happening in the Trade Centre it is also happening for every production building/stable/orchard on the farm.  I have been questioning this in the last several weeks. Before you could see the base amount each produced but not now. All you will see now is how much the library handbooks will add, the same as in the screenshot as Southern shows.

GGS have done some very subtle changes hoping we wouldn't notice them.

In the dockyard for normal herring chum you used to be able to make a full load of 32 (2 for every 29 mins), where all the other fish chum was a total load of 16. BUT now you are only able to make a full load of 16 for normal herring chum (1 for every 29 mins). Crazybigfarm still has the original amount on her website.

The other big change I had noticed is the co-op apple orchard but most ppl haven't really taken notice of the amounts you were getting before the change over to html. Even Crazybigfarm had a WHOLE page she now has to change the amounts on as they are now all wrong!!! not just 1 line BUT a WHOLE page, this can't be a mistake on her part.
    This is not only happening in the Trade Centre it is also happening for every production building/stable/orchard on the farm.  I have been questioning this in the last several weeks. Before you could see the base amount each produced but not now. All you will see now is how much the library handbooks will add, the same as in the screenshot as Southern shows.

GGS have done some very subtle changes hoping we wouldn't notice them.

In the dockyard for normal herring chum you used to be able to make a full load of 32 (2 for every 29 mins), where all the other fish chum was a total load of 16. BUT now you are only able to make a full load of 16 for normal herring chum (1 for every 29 mins). Crazybigfarm still has the original amount on her website.

The other big change I had noticed is the co-op apple orchard but most ppl haven't really taken notice of the amounts you were getting before the change over to html. Even Crazybigfarm had a WHOLE page she now has to change the amounts on as they are now all wrong!!! not just 1 line BUT a WHOLE page, this can't be a mistake on her part.
    Are you sure you're not thinking of making (regular) chum from Salmon?

Herring has always only made 1 chum each as far as I can remember.. Salmon makes it 2x at a time, though, and SwordFish makes it 5x at a time. Herring has always only been 1x every 29 minutes though (at least to my memory).

CBF backs that up as well.

I can't speak to the Co-Op Apple Orchards, I don't remember what the original yield on those were.
    oh ok I no where I have gone wrong with that then.

So was salmon at the top left hand side of the open menu originally for regular chum ?? if so then yes it was the 1 I used all the time but really thought it was herring..lol

As I only have ever used the 1st page of the chum menu I hadn't realize that they have changed the fish positions around other then on the 1st page, but had just changed the amount instead

OK my mistake I got the 2 fish mixed up  lol

Thank you Southern :)
    oh ok I no where I have gone wrong with that then.

So was salmon at the top left hand side of the open menu originally for regular chum ?? if so then yes it was the 1 I used all the time but really thought it was herring..lol

As I only have ever used the 1st page of the chum menu I hadn't realize that they have changed the fish positions around other then on the 1st page, but had just changed the amount instead

OK my mistake I got the 2 fish mixed up  lol

Thank you Southern :)
    Yeah, I think Salmon used to be the first choice in the menu, but they may have moved it around.. They do that from time to time. I can't check at the moment as I've still got 12 hours left on my Tuna Chum. :)
    The salmon regular chum is now page 2

Haven't noticed ggs changing the menu around b4 as they have done now, It makes it very confusing at times especially when in a hurry..lol, u know where something is/was, then later find it changed :(
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    We have already explained that the cooperative apple orchard harvest amount has not changed. I even have a message from someone that I received nearly 1 year ago that shows a level 9 cooperative apple orchard gives the same base amount of apples as they do today (870). The harvest amounts from that website were placed there with a level 4 apple orchard handbook before the handbook harvest totals were increased.
  • @ninjahuman (AU1) Thankyou! - The balancer has checked & rechecked the updates going back months and could not find ANY changes to the XML. I mentioned what Carjola said about Crazy's numbers & they have asked for a list, so they can check if maybe there is a display error going on somewhere, but the numbers had already been updated, so if, as you say, the old numbers were higher for another reason, that is great, I can tell the poor balancer to stop looking.

@carjola (AU1) So the Herring is explained, the coop apples orchard is also ok, now for:
    This is not only happening in the Trade Centre it is also happening for every production building/stable/orchard on the farm.  I have been questioning this in the last several weeks. Before you could see the base amount each produced but not now. All you will see now is how much the library handbooks will add,
    Can you please explain where you are looking or post a screenshot. I have checked my buildings and when you click the info button it does not show any yield or book amount, when you click the produce tab, it shows the total harvest for that level (including books).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    You know, a fun aspect of the game ( personal opinion here ) is to find and discover things, how they works, what are the differences, and use those discoveries at your advantage, and share it with people around you :)

The quantity of subtleties in the game are astonishing !

They say Curiosity killed the cat

But i prefer to Think That : Curiosity saved the bird :)
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 09.03.2019
    @WascallyWabbit when you click the building the the info tab in the detail section it used to tell you what the base amount of eggs it would give you then to the right if you ave a book it will have a green +with the number so for chickens i ave a level 2 book so mine has a +11 but it does not tell you the normal amount of product the building gives with out books and it used to give both the infos on that info detail page then you could click on the other tab and see how many eggs you would get with each feed and that includes the book so basically now i have to go to the second tab look at what it gives for regular feed then subtract 11 if i want to know base but i used to just have to look at that first building info section

edit: and the WW trader used to say based amounts too cause it was very helpful to see how much better the 3 ducks were from each other or to look at the amounts of the special buildings ten go look at the regular on the farm it changed a wile ago same with not always being able to look at the calculator before you start something in any building
    edited 09.03.2019
    @ninjahuman (AU1) Thankyou! - The balancer has checked & rechecked the updates going back months and could not find ANY changes to the XML. I mentioned what Carjola said about Crazy's numbers & they have asked for a list, so they can check if maybe there is a display error going on somewhere, but the numbers had already been updated, so if, as you say, the old numbers were higher for another reason, that is great, I can tell the poor balancer to stop looking.      
    I believe that those harvest amounts for the cooperative apple orchard would have most likely been taken from the architect before the handbook harvest amounts increased and while she had a level 4 apple handbook, which would explain the previous incorrect harvest amounts.
    @ninjahuman (AU1) Thankyou! - The balancer has checked & rechecked the updates going back months and could not find ANY changes to the XML. I mentioned what Carjola said about Crazy's numbers & they have asked for a list, so they can check if maybe there is a display error going on somewhere, but the numbers had already been updated, so if, as you say, the old numbers were higher for another reason, that is great, I can tell the poor balancer to stop looking.      
    I believe that those harvest amounts for the cooperative apple orchard would have most likely been taken from the architect before the handbook harvest amounts increased and while she had a level 4 apple handbook, which would explain the previous incorrect harvest amounts.
    Probably.

When you look at the info panel for the Co-Op Apple Orchard, it shows the total WITH the handbooks. I always have to remember to subtract the level of handbook I have from the total it shows so I get the accurate yield amount.

Base amount is 870, which is what it's always been, but because I have the Level 1 handbook (+15), it shows 885.. But in the

I think all the production facilities do this.

It USED to show them like this:

Now it shows them like this:

I liked it better the first way, where it showed the base yield and the library book addition separately. But it could explain why some people think the yields were changed (when they weren't).
    Probably.

When you look at the info panel for the Co-Op Apple Orchard, it shows the total WITH the handbooks. I always have to remember to subtract the level of handbook I have from the total it shows so I get the accurate yield amount.

Base amount is 870, which is what it's always been, but because I have the Level 1 handbook (+15), it shows 885.. But in the

I liked it better the first way, where it showed the base yield and the library book addition separately. But it could explain why some people think the yields were changed (when they weren't).
    also the first one shows yield of dung and second does not 
    Probably.

Oh ok. I haven't really looked at that much recently because I already know the base yield for many buildings from memory. The second way doesn't make much sense with showing the handbook bonus but not anything else.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 09.03.2019
    @Southern (US1) I can see now what you are all referring to, I checked a regular cow, themed cow & giant cow & none of them are showing  any harvest amounts or handbooks on the 1st tab of the info. Is it just the giant ducks that are doing that? I agree that it was useful, the way it used to be, but it would appear that, for some reason, they have removed it from that tab & it has not all been removed from the giant ducks.

Let me know over the weekend if you find anymore & I will give the devs a list on Monday of any that need fixing.

EDIT
    The list so far:
    WWC Trader
    Giant ducks
    Regular chickens  - Thanks @ijrosh (US1)
    Candy chickens
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • RookieLana8 (US1)RookieLana8 (US1) US1 Posts: 191
    The silo.
  • RookieLana8 (US1)RookieLana8 (US1) US1 Posts: 191

Never mind,  it had a prank on it  :(

@Southern (US1) I can see now what you are all referring to, I checked a regular cow, themed cow & giant cow & none of them are showing  any harvest amounts or handbooks on the 1st tab of the info. Is it just the giant ducks that are doing that? I agree that it was useful, the way it used to be, but it would appear that, for some reason, they have removed it from that tab & it has not all been removed from the giant ducks.

Let me know over the weekend if you find anymore & I will give the devs a list on Monday of any that need fixing.

EDIT
    The list so far:
    WWC Trader
    Giant ducks
    Regular chickens  - Thanks @ijrosh (US1)
    Candy chickens

I don't have any giant cows to look at, but I'm pretty sure this display is the same for pretty much every production facility:

Co-Op Apple Orchard:

Apple Orchard:

Candy Cowshed:

Tropical Cowshed:

Regular Cowshed:

Pigsty

Cherry Orchard:

It's the same on all the Gourmet Farm & Flower Farm production facilities as well: Goats, Donkies, Ducks (Regular & Giant), Almonds, Peaches, Apiaries, Citrus & Olive Orchards, etc. (In fact the Apiary one is kinda weird, it shows +2 (Level 1 Book) for both honey AND wax):

I thought the book only affected honey, but I guess it does wax, too. Guess I learned something today. :)

At any rate, it's (only) showing the handbook amount on every single production facility (Windmill, Silo, Composter never did show the total yield as far as I'm aware, since those are variable on how much material you "feed" them at the start).

Like I said it's something they changed in the display panel (whether on purpose or accidental I have no idea), or maybe it was something that got lost/changed in the changeover from Flash to HTML..
    yes it shows every book your have and there is a book for honey and wax it looks like you have a level 1 of each were as mine shows +2 wax and +8 honey but i have a level 1 wax and a level 3 honey
    yes it shows every book your have and there is a book for honey and wax it looks like you have a level 1 of each were as mine shows +2 wax and +8 honey but i have a level 1 wax and a level 3 honey
    Ah, you're right. That would explain it. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)
  • @Southern (US1) Did you take those screenshots today? I checked all my cows again (3 types) and none show my books, nor do my pigs or anything else except my chickens.

Curiouser & curiouser lol
    @WascallyWabbit do you have the cow and pig handbooks for the alfalfa milk and the wet pig and book thoses are the ones showing for me not the normal milk and pig and book numbers
    edited 10.03.2019
    @Southern (US1) Did you take those screenshots today? I checked all my cows again (3 types) and none show my books, nor do my pigs or anything else except my chickens.

I took a photo of each of my different types of stables:

I have the bonuses from my level 1 rutabaga pig handbook and level 1 alfalfa cow milk handbook displayed. The bonuses from my level 3 pig handbook and level 5 cow milk handbook are not displayed though.
    @Southern (US1) Did you take those screenshots today? I checked all my cows again (3 types) and none show my books, nor do my pigs or anything else except my chickens.

I did, @WascallyWabbit (take the screenshots today).

As ijrosh said, do you have any Quick milk/pig library books? If not, that could explain why they're missing from the info screen.

I have at least the Level 1 book for everything (hence why I have the big library, and I really really really don't want it to flip to the next one, which is the little tiny gazebo, so I've stopped buying books).  But that's a different thread. Literally. :)

Anywhoo.. Cows & Pigs show the "Quick" amounts (Rutabaga Pig Handbook/Alfalfa Milk Handbook) from the library books. I think those are the only 2 exceptions.
    also there is a book for chicken eggs and a different book for duck eggs i too have almost every book at level 1 or more except for the village stuff i think it is way to much and of course the new fish
    that made me think and check the mermaid bay shows the handbook too

• You are all so clever, that is exactly it, I don't have the fast food books  - Doesn't make much sense to have just that one showing they should have both, like the bees show honey & wax, or neither or better yet, just remove them all. - I`ll see what the dev says tomorrow.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file