Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock & Other Suggestions to Prevent Accidental Gold Spending ☯️

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 05.03.2019
    @Southern (US1)   Gold Lock? What's that? :D Seriously though, I'm really glad to see that it's finally coming to the game. And you can set your own threshold amount of gold! :o    Oh, happy day! <3

Thanks, GGS! I'll treasure it always.  <3

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on

• yeahyeahyeah photo springengif
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 04.03.2019
    Nice ...
    The threshold option is even better. Good job GGS :)

The good part is that GGS is bringing everything at a fast pace now. First Turbo, then subscription, then swift, and now gold lock. All good additions.

A lot of members of my co-op are buying subscription and enjoying it. 

Theme park event ... Waiting for it :)
  • Gold Lock? Yay!  The NEW GGS management has given me hope.

If the Gold Lock works like the Mobile Harvest game, it will be fantastic!  I set my threshold at $1!

**Thank you GGS for finally stepping up; I've been playing/ waiting/ hoping for nearly 4.5 years.  Fingers crossed the Gold Lock has been thoroughly tested for a perfect launch.  I'm cheering for you all! **

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    First thought?  THRILLED!!!!!!! 

Next thoughts?   I'll be thrilled when I see it.  And if it works.  Not buggy.  Laggy,
    And if there is a cost in using it?    The thrill will be gone.

Last thought.....  for me too little too late.  Doing some major home renovation and going deep in debt.... so spending money on games is kinda out of the question now.   Would have up to about six months ago.
    Oh well.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    WiseWing said:
    The gold lock is on its way
    About time :)
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 04.03.2019
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Music to my eyes.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you GGS!

• Bibleman7 (US1)Bibleman7 (US1) US1 Posts: 172
    edited 05.03.2019
    Awesome Job GGS for the gold lock on the next upgrade to Big Farm
    Post edited by Bibleman7 (US1) on
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Once this is implemented, I can finally recommend this game to a friend of mind who is quick tempered when it comes to accidentally clicking on things and losing what he doesn't mean to, almost smash his fist into the monitor kind of temper.
  • yesss!!! gooold lock!!!
    Of course, when it asks "Are you sure?", expect the default to be yes instead of no. :(
  • I though the gold lock was coming in, is there a time where it will be updated? did ggs "lose" the gold lock code? did they realise that it would cut down gold spending?

@WascallyWabbit @CuddlyFoxes
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    It's coming in the next patch, whenever that is. Probably next week.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @The Best King (INT1)

If you have a look at the Official Announcement area of the forum you will notice that updates to the game (or patches, if you will), happen approximately once a month. 
    They are considered quite "serious" events since they contain new game content and bugfixes and performance improvements, etc ... ie, a lot of new code added to the game.
    The gold lock falls under this category (of new content) and will be added to the game with an actual update.
    We've been waiting for that lock for years (literally) ...so please be patient a little bit longer :)
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    it would maybe help if they added the words COMING SOON or TEASER to the top of the in game message seeing how it is coming out a couple weeks before the update like the old racer or whatever it was called did
  • RowdyRac said:
    @The Best King (INT1)

If you have a look at the Official Announcement area of the forum you will notice that updates to the game (or patches, if you will), happen approximately once a month. 
    They are considered quite "serious" events since they contain new game content and bugfixes and performance improvements, etc ... ie, a lot of new code added to the game.
    The gold lock falls under this category (of new content) and will be added to the game with an actual update.
    We've been waiting for that lock for years (literally) ...so please be patient a little bit longer :)

i know, it's just that since we have been waiting for years and for some unknown reason (cough cough) they tell us know that we can have it. all we can do is hope, and maybe our wishes will come true this time.

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Actually, I think it will increase gold buying.
    People who are reluctant to buy as they don't want to accidentally spend real money, might be more likely to buy if the control is there.
  • it would maybe help if they added the words COMING SOON or TEASER to the top of the in game message seeing how it is coming out a couple weeks before the update like the old racer or whatever it was called did
    @ijrosh (US1) The Deco Valley event says "within one of the next updates" and the gold lock says "with the next update", so they thought that it would be clear enough this time - Admittedly last time it was not very clear at all.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    The Gold lock update is scheduled for April 1st 

:D:smiley:
    The Gold lock update is scheduled for April 1st 

:D:smiley:
    Hah! You thought there was a gold lock but it took your money anyway. April Fool's!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Just got this in Email:

The Gold Confirmation

With the next game update at the end of March we are going to introduce a new feature “The Gold Confirmation”. With this feature you will be able to control even more your gold in the game as well as avoid accidental spendings. The Gold Confirmation lets you set a minimum amount of gold that will ask for confirmation before it is used.

• Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Just got this in Email:

The Gold Confirmation

With the next game update at the end of March we are going to introduce a new feature “The Gold Confirmation”. With this feature you will be able to control even more your gold in the game as well as avoid accidental spendings. The Gold Confirmation lets you set a minimum amount of gold that will ask for confirmation before it is used.

Thanks @Southern (US1)

Just noticed it  :)  . Good work GGS .
  • yay, that means it must be in the next week or so!
    edited 29.03.2019
    I need to grab my camera, I just saw a pig flying by my window.
    Post edited by Rusty Farmer (AU1) on
  • Thank you for finally giving us the gold lock. It works great!
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I am loving Loving LOVING the gold lock. Only took 5 years to do! :*

Thank you GGS
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 09.04.2019
    I think that finally giving us a Gold Lock was a wise business decision by GGS.  B)   Players can now buy and use gold without the worry of losing their money from a wrong click of the mouse, when before we had the lock, they were out of luck. That made GGS look really bad. :/   I bet that the folks who work in Support for GGS are happy about it too!  ;)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I for one am very thankful for the Gold Lock! Long time in coming :) and agree with @farmerjohn 22 (US1)
  • rpggal33 (US1)rpggal33 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    I agree with the suggestions.
    I, too, have accidentally clicked on the skip for gold option and that costs me too much.
    It is better if I can turn off the skip for gold feature.
This discussion has been closed.