Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Issues with Coop Chat & Messages

124»

Comments

• Over the past 2 weeks, I have been having issues with my private messages changing subjects, errors when trying to open them from someone, locking up the game when writing to someone or not being able to hit send, and have tried logging out and back in to refresh, which helped until yesterday. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • Over the past 2 weeks, I have been having issues with my private messages changing subjects, errors when trying to open them from someone, locking up the game when writing to someone or not being able to hit send, and have tried logging out and back in to refresh, which helped until yesterday. Is anyone else having this issue?

It's been happening for quite a while now and they can't pin down the cause. Refreshing usually helps. Not being able to hit send could mean you have included a bad word which there is a fairly long list of.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    @WascallyWabbit

When I open a new email, there is text in the subjectfield and in the textfield. When selecting the subject field, it does not clear the text that is already there. See red arrow.
    When you select the text field, that text does clear as soon as you select it.

The text "Onderwerp invoer" has to be manually removed. In flash it cleared automatically (like it does for the text field)

edited 24.02.2019
    @WascallyWabbit

When I open a new email, there is text in the subjectfield and in the textfield. When selecting the subject field, it does not clear the text that is already there. See red arrow.
    When you select the text field, that text does clear as soon as you select it.

The text "Onderwerp invoer" has to be manually removed. In flash it cleared automatically (like it does for the text field)

@Kimmiecat (NL1) How strange, it disappears for me, I tested on both Firefox & Chrome & it worked on both. If I do not type anything there after I have clicked & I click somewhere else, the text does come back, but that is just because you cannot send a mail with that field blank.

Which browser are you using?
    @WascallyWabbit

I use Opera as a browser since flash was stopped.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
    edited 23.02.2019

Kimmiecat (NL1) said:

@Kimmiecat (NL1) I have never tried Opera, so its possible that is a bug unique to that browser, if you have another browser you can test on to confirm that, that would be great & in the meantime I will report the issue.

@w@WascallyWabbit  I tried Chrome and Firefox......both  maintain the subject-text unless I manually delete it. So no difference to Opera.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
  • @Kimmiecat (NL1) I have moved this here, to keep better track of it.

That sort of helps that you have the same problem on FF & Chrome, because they do not test on Opera, so if it was an Opera bug the advice would probably have been switch to a recommended browser. The techie elf has tested this and various other text areas in the game, in several languages, on both FF & Chrome and cannot reproduce it, everything works fine on the test server & as I said before it works on the live server for me on both browsers, so we need to find what is different for you. Do you know anyone else having the same problem?

@everyone - Anyone reading this experiencing the same as Kimmie?
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @WascallyWabbit the only time text does not disappear for me is when answering a message which I think has always been this way. when creating new message, the words "enter text" disappear when I click in subject box. Using Chrome.

Kimmiecat (NL1) said:
    @Kimmiecat (NL1) I have never tried Opera, so its possible that is a bug unique to that browser, if you have another browser you can test on to confirm that, that would be great & in the meantime I will report the issue.

@WascallyWabbit I switched to chrome : same problem; I switched to firefox : same problem.

• archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    A message from GGS is an event that is currently unavailable...
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 10.05.2019
    I got that the other day too. Wasn't too concerned though, since I doubt GGS does anything with the feedback anyway.
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    I cant even delete it, it's permanently in my inbox...
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Yeah it's stuck there as a permanent reminder that GGS ignores customer satisfaction surveys :D
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    WHY does this keep happening????? Refreshing the page SOMETIMES fixes it, sometimes not.  Sometimes I have to do it repeatedly.
    And this is on all three of my farms.  UK US IN1. 
    This has also been a random bug for a VERY LONG TIME now.
    Can someone please actually fix it?

• elb (GB1)elb (GB1) GB1 Posts: 100
    I have same isssue, also can't donate or collect rewards from boat at jetty
  • elb (GB1)elb (GB1) GB1 Posts: 100
    Refreshing a few times fixed it
    elb (GB1) said:
    Refreshing a few times fixed it
    Yea, but why do we have to do that?  Something is buggy and needs fixing.   Has been for a long time.
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    I have this bug back too. can't do anything in the coop village as a result. 
  • Learning the cache worked temporarily, but the next time I logged on - the problem was back again. Hard to be in a coop without being able to add collectibles.... or give sparkles, etc. 
  • Clearing the cache, sorry
  • Refreshing didn't work for me, and neither did restarting my computer. Shouldn't have to cache every time I play...

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Learning the cache worked temporarily, but the next time I logged on - the problem was back again. Hard to be in a coop without being able to add collectibles.... or give sparkles, etc. 
    Clearing the cache, sorry
    Refreshing didn't work for me, and neither did restarting my computer. Shouldn't have to cache every time I play...

Have you tired a different browser yet? 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/173709/best-browsers-to-use-for-good-games#latest
    I use FIREFOX.    This is a game bug, one that has been around for a LONG time now.   It did this when I used a previous OS, on the flash version, and using safari.   Now I'm on a newer browser, html5 game, and I use firefox.  It's not a browser issue.  
    In fact, there are a LOT of occasional repeat bugs, glitches, etc.   THEY KNOW ABOUT THEM!
    Last time I posted a list, my post got deleted because "they know about them"   Don't fix issues, just sweep them under the rug.

Here's a thought,
    Fix the game bugs. 

Sign In to comment.