Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 21st - Do you hear the music? "Start all", Ciao Steve, New Rewards & more! - Discussion

Comments

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Yep , it replaces the one that was getting the priviledge to design a decoration with a GG artist ( Frida ) :)

It will be probably very expensive for that person, but also a very nice boost!

• Dare I say this, heck yes why not!  Perhaps the most important fix of all has nothing to do with the game itself, the most important fix would be for GGS to actually listen to their customer base - that would sure solve a lot of the issues.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I agree with the negativity........underwhelming update on the way in my opinion. No questions answered in regards to the force feeding of CC's this month? No sign of the VF that GGS claimed would be reducing CC frequencies. The really important bugs that exist in the HTML version of the game are being ignored and they r fixing things that frankly aren't important at all.

Drumroll to the biggest thing frustrating me about this game at the moment.........gameplay in HTML is awful at times yet the popups and any hot deals involving gold purchases are working perfectl, why is this so? Shouldn't a enjoyable gaming experience for everyone be more important???
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

well well.... once again players are calling for it.... the Village Fair  lol

Be careful what you wish for. The village fair is a 6 day competition that we were told (but its isn't true) would replace some CCs, but CCs only last 4 days don't they

Introducing the Village Fair in the previous months has done the trick for GGS: they fed us coop competitions every day, not even 1 hour interval between competitions. But people complain only about CC, so they could do it while going unnoticed couldn't they?

As a result what we have now is a situation with continuous events, but of course CC is on the way... how boring, lets have another HWE and Village Fair instead.  

• Looks promising to me but I don't understand about the frida commission :|
    @Xcution (INT1)  It just means that the #1 player in the WWC will now get to choose one of the 5 new decos made by Greta, instead of having their own deco created by Frida.

Gold Lock .... Rings a bell ??
    Where is it ??

@TMKC (IN1) It was promised for after the final switch to HTML & it is on the way - I know we have been waiting forever, but we do appear to have a solid timeline now.

.... remove the subject text when sending an ingame email.
    @Kimmiecat (NL1)  Can you explain that one please, it doesn`t ring any bells :)

totally disgreysfull we should all be able to get them other wise srape the lot no use to low level players
    @danial7 (GB1) No game has everything available to players of all levels, otherwise there would be nothing to work towards.

Is there any way to exclude certain buildings from the start all feature?  For example, I purposely leave my gourmet farm composter idle most of the time, and would not want to run it.  Also, what happens when you have too much feed and try to begin production?  Does it auto sell the excess feed or just stay idle?
    @Pietral (US1) Unfortunately the only idle buildings that will not be started are ones that are new or newly upgraded & have not yet been run, where there are no settings to repeat, so you could upgrade or demolish your composter.

If you do not have enough storage, you will be required to sell the excess when you come to harvest the building.

If you do not have enough ingredients to start a building, you will be told on a tooltip - Required ingredients can be bought for gold.

But I am not sure how I feel bout this new update, cause it seems to be catering mostly to Co-op's just like most of the updates do, which is ok if your in one, but what bout those of Us who are not in a Co-op? cause it seems that those new items your adding are only for those who are in one, which to Me does not seem fair, when do the rest of us get items and Décor for not being in one?

@Blue Denim (US1) Can you explain please - I do not see anything in the update for coops, what are you referring to?

No sign of the VF that GGS claimed would be reducing CC frequencies. 
    @gizmo22 (AU1) I hope that the lack of VF, is due to investigating the horrible lag that it seems to cause players, however, we do continually tell them that there are too many CC, as do the mods from all the other forums.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Well, hoorah for those players who are first!
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    The only time they will listen is when they got no players left !!
  • Another point I wish to raise is the miserable "prizes" we are competing for in the various HWEs. When one reaches 530,000 points the prize is a Farmer's Pride! What farmer takes any pride in this item? I believe it is time to boycott all of these events that drain us of resources and finances for very tiny returns.

Hmm, I don't recall an event that drained my resources. Maybe that is because I looked at the rewards and thought about the cost associated to get a reward.

Across all of the events, there is but one reward that I will spend any gold to get. But I won't mention which one, because I fear it will get changed if the wrong person finds out that a worthwhile reward exists.

Maybe if those new decorations for the #1 ranked WWC player were available as a Hard Work reward for these HWEs it would be worth shooting for.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 20.02.2019
    Will any of these "coveted" new decos be also available in the WWC trader tab?  I ask because I know only one coop in the US server will receive those decos.  Since I do not belong to that coop, it would be nice to be able to obtain them in another way.  
    No.1 player across all servers can grab one.
    I think they still need to put the Decorations for others to be able to buy them if they can afford it that is on the traders, cause the items will probably go to those same people who always get them in the so called Event, which again is not really fair for the rest of the players, I probably won/t buy them cause they always have ridiculous gold prices on items, but others might want to get them that way.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

Maybe if those new decorations for the #1 ranked WWC player were available as a Hard Work reward for these HWEs it would be worth shooting for.

LOL yeah keep dreaming  :smile:

• PCA (GB1) said:

LOL yeah keep dreaming  :smile:

Has anyone on US server hit the 35 million points for top hard work reward? I doubt it because it isn't much of a reward. Not like #1 on US server is close to #1 Worldwide for WWC. Just dreaming of a case of the decorations being more earnable and not a flat out cash/gold grab.
  • jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    Seems to me everyone is doing the happy dance because they believe Steve is gone for good. I don't think so. I think GGS has something up their sleeves. Under Steve's pic it says, "Ciao for now", making me think he is only gone temporarily and will return with something related to all those world landmarks. Not sure whether to be happy or apprehensive.   
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571

• Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    Is there any way to exclude certain buildings from the start all feature?  For example, I purposely leave my gourmet farm composter idle most of the time, and would not want to run it.  Also, what happens when you have too much feed and try to begin production?  Does it auto sell the excess feed or just stay idle?
    @Pietral (US1) Unfortunately the only idle buildings that will not be started are ones that are new or newly upgraded & have not yet been run, where there are no settings to repeat, so you could upgrade or demolish your composter.

If you do not have enough storage, you will be required to sell the excess when you come to harvest the building.
    While that's true for most buildings, production buildings like the mill/silo/composter also do a storage space check when you begin production.  And since all of these products are sold at a loss, I really wouldn't want the game to automatically sell them.

Sadly, I don't want to destroy the composter on my gourmet farm as it is useful for getting more item drops for the food truck event, which is pretty much the only time I run it.

There's no downside to always having fields/animals/orchards/bakery/shop running, since all of them are (almost) always profitable.  But the products from mills/silos/composters can't be sold for a profit, so there is a valid reason to have them be idle at times.  If the start all feature can't exclude these buildings, it really makes the function less appealing, since you can't use the feature during those times without penalty.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I have been a little distracted since mom fell and broke both arms.

But I am underwhelmed by this update.  I am also worried that there might be no updates planned for a while.  I find it really odd that they are getting the next horse season done, this early.   That just never happens.

It just seems like the time spent on these rewards for a very, very few, could have been spent on time improving the game for all.
  • So one person, who spends the most money out of all of the numerous people who play this game will get a choice of the new decos. In real money terms I'm guessing that to win this the winner will be spending a great deal of their local currency. I also guess that the top players on all of the other servers will spend not quite the same amount of local currency to NOT win a nice new deco.  But they will pay a good price for 2nd place. I know it wont be me. Why not just have an auction, 24 hours (not 1 month) open bidding in gold for rewards. I do like some of the other new features which hopefully the majority of players can benefit from. Also like the moderator puzzles - always too late to enter but like them just the same.
  • Dare I say this, heck yes why not!  Perhaps the most important fix of all has nothing to do with the game itself, the most important fix would be for GGS to actually listen to their customer base - that would sure solve a lot of the issues.
    But they do listen to us. This is from their website;

https://www.goodgamestudios.com/company/about/

We optimize our products continuously and thoroughly by measuring improvements in numbers and data, bringing together quantitative player behavior and quantified community feedback to support our decisions, and developing the best solutions for our business and customers. 

Perhaps it's only the mods who read the forum because I cant find a great deal of support in the forums to support many of their decisions
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Dare I say this, heck yes why not!  Perhaps the most important fix of all has nothing to do with the game itself, the most important fix would be for GGS to actually listen to their customer base - that would sure solve a lot of the issues.

We optimize our products continuously and thoroughly by measuring improvements in numbers and data, bringing together quantitative player behavior and quantified community feedback to support our decisions, and developing the best solutions for our business and customers. 

Perhaps it's only the mods who read the forum because I cant find a great deal of support in the forums to support many of their decisions
    Your last sentence is exactly how it works
     "only the mods who read the forum"
     then pass on our requests, inquiries, suggestions and so on to the team of GGS. Meanwhile we wait, wonder then see the end results, which in most cases, more suites them(GGS) than us(customers).
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 21.02.2019
    Dare I say this, heck yes why not!  Perhaps the most important fix of all has nothing to do with the game itself, the most important fix would be for GGS to actually listen to their customer base - that would sure solve a lot of the issues.

"We optimize our products continuously and thoroughly by measuring improvements in numbers [improvements in gold sales] and data [amount of gold sales] , bringing together quantitative player behavior [do they buy gold] and quantified community feedback [quantified feedback as tallied up by their poorly designed and easily skewed questionnaires] to support our decisions, and developing the best solutions for our business and customers. "

No mention of reading the Forum. :)
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Seems to me everyone is doing the happy dance because they believe Steve is gone for good. I don't think so. I think GGS has something up their sleeves. Under Steve's pic it says, "Ciao for now", making me think he is only gone temporarily and will return with something related to all those world landmarks. Not sure whether to be happy or apprehensive.   
    Apprehensive - ALWAYS

While that's true for most buildings, production buildings like the mill/silo/composter also do a storage space check when you begin production.  And since all of these products are sold at a loss, I really wouldn't want the game to automatically sell them.
    I'm still confused how it is selling at a loss for some of those items. $1,500 for humus is more than I can get for using it on most crops and the leaves that are put into it are not for sale either. Maybe a value can be placed based on the points given for the Santa Decoration event, but that is beyond my interest of calculations and that will probably be taken away in the future.
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    I'm still confused how it is selling at a loss for some of those items. $1,500 for humus is more than I can get for using it on most crops and the leaves that are put into it are not for sale either. Maybe a value can be placed based on the points given for the Santa Decoration event, but that is beyond my interest of calculations and that will probably be taken away in the future.
    Offhand, I don't recall how much you can sell humus for.  I'm ~500 humus short of my max supply right now, so I can't check currently.  But the game always warns that you're selling for a loss.

Though $1,500 sounds more like the price you get from the guys that come walking up to your farm.  Which is a greatly inflated price vs selling it due to no more storage.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I just skimmed all of this so sorry if I missed the answer, but do we have a time of when this is going to happen?

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    the 21st... have no idea what exact time...
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    JVD (US1) said:
    the 21st... have no idea what exact time...
    Thank you.

• I can understand the old system of the top player on the top server having a custom decoration done.  It would have been too much work for a custom decoration to be made for the top player of each server.

But now that there is a choice of 5 already made decorations, I think it would be better if the top player from every server got to choose this reward.

Now as for updates, something seriously needs to change.  This is how it normally works...

Update software, wait for bug reports...
    Issue hot-fixes for serious issues and easy to fix bugs...

Once stable, then start working on harder bugs and new game changes to be released on a future update.

So far we've been getting this...

Update software, ignore bug reports, fix bugs in next month's update.

And we're stuck with broken game functions for a month or more!!!!

You need to understand how competitive the online gaming industry is!  Once you update, pause a few days to make sure what worked before still works!!!

MAGNETIX

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It is nice to remove the necessity of having Steve at our farm when we would like to upgrade a higher level building. But it is a bit sad to see that the awful hard work rewards of many events are still not going to be improved anytime soon. :(
  • Vini7 (AU1)Vini7 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 18
    Honestly, this timing of the update really takes the cake in incompetence of planning.
    An hour after starting the forth CC in a month we are suddenly cut off for maintenance, after the timer for maintenance said it would be in 3 hrs time. 
    So I thought it would be safe to start missioning, after all it's the beginning of a CC !
    I had all the tractors, stackmaster and boosters running and was in the middle of a mission, when it all shut down for who knows how long.
    This is just so very considerate for all the players.
    Why not have a day's break between all these competitive events in which you can schedule the updates without interruption for the flow of the events. It would give us players a bit of a breather once in a while too.
    Not nice, sorry to say.

Vini
  • Chablis (NL1)Chablis (NL1) NL1 Posts: 5
    Door de update zijn alle punten in het shinkei suijakuschool weg ?
  • All the points from the Japanese school dissapears after the update! Can you please do something about it?
  • Вифания (RU1)Вифания (RU1) RU1 Posts: 442
    edited 21.02.2019
    About the new auto seeding button. Remove from it  function that will buy the missing ingredients for gold and it will be remarkable.
Sign In to comment.