Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Mismatched Missions - Unfair?

Comments

• I am in many mismatched missions. I will often sparkle the farms of the lower levels, or not harvest everything I have available. I will get enough to shelve then move on. If I am in a mission with other high level players and a couple of lower levels, then I will harvest more. 
  • Yend (US1)Yend (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    edited 26.01.2019
    • WiseWing said:
    • Matching players according to reputation points was first thing that was implemented when the CC started. Unfortunately, it led to a lot of solo missions and very long waiting periods between missions. So the system was changed. Now  the number of reputation points won is calculated based on your own score + a bonus that depends of total number of scores won by all players in missions and your position. 
    • Remember, the reputation points count for CC, not the mission ranking. And the way the reputation points are calculated, you get more RP if matched with a player that collects huge amounts of products (unless you end up in the 6th place where you do not get the bonus).
    • So, @artful (US1), the opposite is true. When players were mached according to RP, a lot of players complainded and asked if the system can be changed (and it was).  The way the system is set now, it should be  beneficial to both low and high level players. Nevertheless, some players noticed that the system may not work as intendent.

By Matching player by total reputation points would make more sense that using a player level.  The players with higher RP's able to produce more product than the player with lower RP, because they either have their farm loaded with all the extras, or they use a lot of gold to harvest crops,or buy a lot of seaweed fertilizer.  This leaves all the poorer player that can not afford a lot of gold at a disadvantage.  It takes them longer to collect Certificates for their tractor upgrades.  They keep increasing the amount of gold you need to buy the books.  Example of this is 1 year or more ago you could buy a level 1 book for 300 gold and a level 5 book for around 50,000 or so gold.  The newer players do not have a chance unless they have money to spare.  

No one likes to do a mission where they try their best to win, only a the last minute have 2 or 3 players that sat at zero go flying by them.  It is disheartening to these player to be trumped like that all the time.  They do not know that they still can benefit like you are saying maybe if your math is good ??.  The game has become to complicated to explain to newer players, and to find anything about how to play is lost in a quagmire of posts.  I myself have not been able to help other players because after an hour of looking I give up.  May be when you go to the question mark for info, it is actually there, and not on some post on the forum that was posted a year ago, and no one can find.

The greed for money has ruined this game for the average player like me.  I use to always do missions every time I was on, but now not as much because I am to busy trying to keep up with all my farms.

We need change!!!

• @Southern (US1)  then it is even worse that  I thought that number in mission makes 0 difference.  Oh boy the numbers people have huge error they have been covering up.  We had been under impression something like my formula, where depending on what others do effects our RP.  I think they need to employ someone better with maths to do their calculations.  Time and time again, we find errors with their maths, I am presuming it is maths error, either that or they just keep on giving us lies until we find and prove the lie.  I prefer to think it is just poor maths.

I myself do very few mission, but I do see the problem and agree with  low level players complaint.
    @Byron Longford (AU1) I can appreciate the upset over this issue, but to say they have been covering it up is uncalled for. When we showed the formula that Marowit gave us, to the current balancer, he agreed that that is how the scoring is supposed to work & was willing to look at any data we had showing otherwise. Southern has supplied that & the balancer is now checking the numbers for us.

Of all the different systems that they have tried for mission selections & scoring, the current one is by far the most fair to everyone, especially low level players, if it was working correctly, so lets see how his investigations go. :)
  • @WascallyWabbit Just after an update on fixing the formula to what it is suppose to be.  We have done a few CC since the numbers have been given to them and as it stands ATM it is not fair on lower level players.
  • my farm level is 164.
    and i love to play missions..its a very challenging thing.specially in the coop championship event.
    and i never use gold to win a mission.
    i made my farm for missions..
     actually i really enjoy this thing
    and this is my small farm.and happiness is your choice.i have the ability to make my farm without deco's and i have dollars to spend..if u dont have dollars u will have to see ur happiness point..there is nothing fair or unfair.
    i have 20 cow sheds 14 coop apple and 29 fields
    and i didnt buy golds.these are from my hard works

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 06.02.2019
    last CC I was in  missions I am level 450 the other 5 were all less than level 100.  It was ok for me I had to hardly harvest anything to win, but was not fair at all on small farms.  1 of the farm that kept coming up against me was only level 35.  Think how you would feel level 35 against 450 3 fields against 22, 2 chickens against 33 + 20 ducks 2 pigs against 10, 1 cow against 15 and 20 goats.. NOT fair.  This would not be an issue if the formula was how we were told was happening for the last 2 years, but it is not  @tasnim bushra (INT1)
  • tasnim bushra (INT1)tasnim bushra (INT1) INT1 Posts: 53
    edited 08.02.2019
    @Byron Longford (AU1)

once i was also a 35 level player.
    i passed this level before and i had no problem with it.because i did hard work to make my farm big and increase my level for it.
    We have HWE,FHWE by its levels.
    and the main thing is sometimes it happens that any high level player lost by lower level players.
    u can make ur farm bigger in staying in the lower levels.i have seen many player like that who have big farms but their levels are very poor.
    if u work hard u can up ur level easily and very fastly
    its hard but not impossible. :)

Post edited by tasnim bushra (INT1) on
    edited 06.02.2019
    @tasnim bushra (INT1) not me you don't and I don't even do CC, I just do very little as our whole co op hates them

or try going against another member of our co op in crop mission, he is building 10 more fields before start of cc and we don't even try in CC we are in Rookie league because that is where we want to be, BTW this same player has over 30 ducks for egg missions

we will win rookie then next cc we will get all the rewards and then leave co op so get demoted back to rookie again, every 2nd cc we win rookie, the other just take all rewards and get demoted.  Another problem which I brought up years ago and GGS ignored so we take advantage of, not fair for small co op, but GGS would not listen.  Most of our players use to be gold league as you can see from my 3 deluxe ducks and 9 co op apples from winning gold league until we got sick of CC rewards

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • this is what am i trying to say.
    u need to work hard.and u have ur choices 
    if u have golds than u need to buy.and if u have farms then u need to develop it.
    that is how u can beat someone

and in missions u have option to choose which mission u would like to play.
    see i dont play dung mission,and pig mission..beacuse im quite weak in this.
    but im quite strong in milk and fields mission so i bbuild up my farm like this.
    im just trying to say level doesnt matter to earn RP
    i had seen a player who was in level 39
    and he had more than 60 fields.and his RP was about 10m
    that time i was in 136 level..
    i was not able to beat him..because he was powerfull
    so level doest matter to win a mission.

edited 06.02.2019
    it would take a lot of gold for a level 39 player to have 60 fields, they would have to spend a LOT of real money to buy all that land as at that level you can not buy many blocks with farm $$, it would cost way over $1000 real money to buy that much land, in fact I don't even think it possible to stay that low of level as the amount of house upgrades required and xp from building fields would make you higher than level 39  The member of our co op will have 57 fields but bought the land with farm$ over long period of time.  Most level 39 players will not buy that much with gold.  Here is a screen shot of another farm in our co op level 42 which is what MOST look like at that level, put that farm against mine, not a chance in hell of winning.

But all this is really irrelevant to me, I don't really care, I am agreeing with the small farms who say it is not fair the way it is ATM, as I totally agree with them.  I hate CC I will steal the rewards as explained earlier, on the 1st or 2nd day then do no missions for the rest of it.
  • no..he was not a gold user..but he was in a top coop.so he gained golds from this.

edited 06.02.2019
    sorry not possible then to be level 39 with 60 fields only gold he can get from missions is from mystery boxes and in the time to get enough gold from mystery boxes to buy that much land would be way over level 39.it would take twice as many blocks of land than the level 42 in our co op has just to have ONLY FERTILE fields and houses.  The houses would have to upgrade to a level that is beyond level  available so would also need gold for that. 60 fields at level 1 takes 600 workers, so at level 3 (highest available house for level 39 without gold) house would need 29 houses (29 because get workers from farm house) the xp for that alone would put them over 39, not to worry about buying all those blocks of land.which would cost 1000's of gold.
  • Level 158. I can hold my own against the higher levels but agree, the smaller farms don't stand a chance unless they use massive amounts of gold or seaweed. Even then, it is doubtful they can beat me with crops. If I am in missions with low level farms I get enough to shelve then move on. They can still get decent RP even if they can't take first place. I also will go and sparkle their farms if their level is high enough to allow it.
    edited 06.02.2019
    @xAlleycatx (AU1)  Most of what you say is true EXCEPT, they can't get a decent amount of RP as the formula is NOT what they have been saying it is for long time.  Data has been pasted onto numbers people so it can hopefully be corrected, so that they can still get decent amount of RP.  This has been the complaint for a long time, now there has been data collected by players @Southern (US1) to prove the formula is not how it was suppose to be.

We were told that the lower players RP was effected by the larger players harvest.  This is not the case at all.  We were told that they are better off coming last against 5 big players rather than first against 5 small player (with the same amounts harvest by the small player), again NOT true.  If the formula worked as they have been saying then there would be no problem at all.  i will keep this pot stirred until we get answer, as I know if we just say nothing they will think we forgot about it and just let it slide.  I don't forget.
  • @Byron Longford (AU1) I was under the impression the rep points were distributed 100% to 1st place total of all harvested products, 80% for 2nd place, etc. with no extra bonus for last place. I remember reading that in the forum some time ago. Unless in CC I may have to not get enough to shelve to make it more fair for the smaller farms
    edited 07.02.2019
    @xAlleycatx (AU1)  yes we all WERE, but read this from wascally
     https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4033244/#Comment_4033244

Southern and a few others collected a lot of data, Would have taken a lot of effort, data showed this not to be true.
  • @WascallyWabbit Now GGS is back to work, any word on formula correction?
  • HaleyRunner (US1)HaleyRunner (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    edited 11.02.2019
    It's what a micro transaction game is all about.
    edited 12.02.2019
    @Theresa1189 (US1) Not when we have been told over a long period of time that formula does one thing and it is not how it is working at all.  So therefore either they were lying to us for all that time or it was just an error.  I am leaning towards just an error.  If just an error why is it taking so long to correct and why no response for 2 weeks? @WascallyWabbit @PicklePaws
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It would be nice if they could change it so we don't get drastically lower reputation points in a mission when no one else harvests anything. For example, I was in an alfalfa mission the other day with 5 other players, but no one else harvested anything and I had to get 7,902 alfalfa to shelve. But no one harvested anything and I got less than half of what I usually get in an alfalfa mission. :(
  • How is it fair when doing the Cooperative Challenge when you are up against a level 758 were you are only at level 68.  Us low levels have no leg to stand on when competing against such high levels.  We end up losing a lot of humus, seaweed and gold, at attempting to get ahead of the game.  For us this is NO challenge.  The Big Farm game needs to rethink on grouping the categories.   Make it fair !!   Here is my suggestion.. group levels levels 20 to 99. all levels from 100 to 199, 200 to 299, etc.  At least this way.. all groups have a fair chance, and it will be a competition.  Us low levels get frustrated and some just boycott the Cooperative Challenge cause they know it is pointless.  

Please make it fair.
    Thank you.
    Autumn
    edited 14.02.2019
    @autumnsharon20 (US1)  What is SUPPOSE to happen to make it fair, is the formula for giving out the rep points SHOULD add ALL the points together and then distribute depending on placing.  ie 1st 100%, 2nd 80% 3rd 60% etc  this then would be fair on low level as if they are against higher level or massive gold buyers they still get more points then if against low levels.  

BUT some players took a lot a of data and found that the formula is not doing that at all.  Numbers have been passed onto the numbers guys at GGS a month ago, but we have heard nothing back.  here is the thread where I have been fighting for you.  I am over level 450 and totally understand where you are coming from as you will see with my posts fighting for low level players.

@WascallyWabbit @PicklePaws

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4033244/#Comment_4033244

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Would u believe me (ninja) if I said that was a deliberate ploy by some coops to drastically reduce your reputation points total and hinder your teams progress in the CC? I have an insider in one of these higher coops and they claimed the leader was encouraging players to 0 post players they can't beat in field missions. Its a very sad tactic and shows how ridiculous this game and its strategies have become.
    edited 15.02.2019
    @gizmo22 (AU1)  what should be happening on AU server is retaliation and if we see someone in mission from one of the golding co ops, every body does 0.  you will never get every one on side to do this, but if you could it would effect the golders so much that they may stop golding as they will get very few RP for all their gold and seaweed.  We need a LOT more players willing to do 0 in missions as I do.,  This should be happening until they fix the formula
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Would u believe me (ninja) if I said that was a deliberate ploy by some coops to drastically reduce your reputation points total and hinder your teams progress in the CC? I have an insider in one of these higher coops and they claimed the leader was encouraging players to 0 post players they can't beat in field missions. Its a very sad tactic and shows how ridiculous this game and its strategies have become.
    Unfortunately, I think that may happen sometimes. I think that the players in that mission in that scenario probably didn't pay attention to the mission since none of them were from high ranked cooperatives, but sometimes that does happen. I try when possible to harvest something before shelving unless it involves using gold or seaweed. But unfortunately, a lot of other players don't do the same thing and sometimes they all get 0 at once which badly affects your missions.
    The problem with that idea Byron is players that have loaded their farms with fields and have bought a few library books will get punished for the behaviour of rank obsessed groups. Certain players in certain coops (you probably know who i'm talking about) threaten and bully when things don't go their way so u will take a game thats already becoming overly competitive and stressful at times and make it even worse.

Gold gold gold....shelve.....gold gold gold shelve......gold gold gold shelve. We have all seen it mission after mission in every single CC and its frustrating because it ruins the event for others. This type of gameplay is the reason GGS will NEVER reduce the frequency of the CC, I mean why would they? I can't see any business reducing or getting rid of things that makes them the most profits.

As the CC stands now, I only participate to help out fellow team members and to get the seaweed feed and humus rewards from the inhouse rankings. All I want is GGS to deliver what was claimed, more VF's, less CC's......its as simple as that.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    The problem with that idea Byron is players that have loaded their farms with fields and have bought a few library books will get punished for the behaviour of rank obsessed groups. Certain players in certain coops (you probably know who i'm talking about) threaten and bully when things don't go their way so u will take a game thats already becoming overly competitive and stressful at times and make it even worse.

Gold gold gold....shelve.....gold gold gold shelve......gold gold gold shelve. We have all seen it mission after mission in every single CC and its frustrating because it ruins the event for others. This type of gameplay is the reason GGS will NEVER reduce the frequency of the CC, I mean why would they? I can't see any business reducing or getting rid of things that makes them the most profits.

As the CC stands now, I only participate to help out fellow team members and to get the seaweed feed and humus rewards from the inhouse rankings. All I want is GGS to deliver what was claimed, more VF's, less CC's......its as simple as that.
    The thing is not about few rank 1 coop players spending tons of gold , but the rewards really suck .

In earlier CC's , i used to spend 2k to 5k gold per CC in feed missions happily and get good RPS because i always knew i will get back double the gold at end of CC through gold flower seeds and GMLs . But now, i hardly spend 1k gold per CC as i know it is going to give back one or two golden mystery boxes which will mostly contain seaweed greenhouse humus  :D .

CC if rewards are improved like it was before with GMLs and GF seeds given directly to us, 2 hours a day of playing with stack probably and spending 1k gold will result in getting more than 1.5 million RPS a day from good players and if coop is active , most coops can reach the last reward in their respective league but i dont see this happening  :( .

They can send out FHWE more which is the only event to get a few GMLs nowadays lol . HWE , CHWE ,we can get but its waste of resource and time . CC , we already know about the amazing rewards .
    We need atleast 15 GMLs a month to run mine nonstop and i dont see us getting it from anywhere else other than VF and FHWE .

Thats my point though Rocky, most players think the CC rewards absolutely suck but as long as there is this small handful of obsessive golders throwing heaps of money and it every week GGS will never listen to us. The only way GGS will ever do something about frequencies and rewards list is if gold sales and use drop dramatically in the CC but its just not happening because of these obsessed players.......thats what is frustrating me. Its ruining it for everyone.
  • The messed up points doesn't surprise me one jot I'm sad to say - I expect it now - nothing is ever quite as it should be, but back to mis-matched missions.

We were all low level players once upon a time and played in mis-matched mission to get where we are now, so although it seems unfair its always been that way and we've got through it.  By far worse, imho, is the bandings in the hwe's.  I cant remember exactly what it is now but something like level 100 - level 999 - that really isn't fair!
    edited 15.02.2019
    @AmazingMurphy (GB1)  Sorry but that is totally wrong, when I was a small farm level 35 a huge farm was only level 90,  now when a new player comes in say level 35 they are against level 700. Meaning when we were small the large farms were no where near as big to compete against.   I remember thinking when I was level 35, I hope 1 day I can get to level 90 and in total awe of the level 90 player.  Now a level 90 player is considered small farm. and most new players will never get to high levels as they have to compete against huge farms and then leave.  But if you give them decent amount of points as per the formula we were told has been in place for the last couple of years, by GGS.  by GGS, by GGS by GGS over and over and over again, only to find out that they were lying, covering up, bad maths, bad coding bad communication, bad whatever they want to use as an excuse..  

Any way you look at it the formula is NOT doing what GGS said, what GGS said, what GGS said it is suppose to do, there for it should be fixed to what GGS said, what GGS said, what GGS said formula works.

Data has been sent proving that what GGS said, what GGS said, what GGS said is wrong.  All we are asking is for correction to what GGS said, what GGS said, what GGS said.

ahhh let me think a second on who said it. 

OH THAT'S RIGHT IT WAS GGS

BTW this thread has been going for nearly 5 years so not a new problem and not a problem only brought up by lower level players recently

Another problem with the formula that they have as what is suppose to be, is last get 0% rp. This means if only 1 person harvest and the rest do 0 it is considered as 0%, if it is equivalent to solo or solo then that single person should get 100% not 0% (as per any sporting event, if the opposition don't show up, it is a win not a loss recorded to your name) and last should get at least 10% not 0, just for not doing a 0 harvest (if a team shows up and compete usually gets 1 point in sporting events compared to someone does not show get 0 points). @WascallyWabbit @PicklePaws @gizmo22 (AU1) @ninjahuman (AU1)
Sign In to comment.