Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 24th - A big change and a whole lot of animal news! - Discussion

11517»

Comments

• BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 09.02.2019

News Flash ---------- News Flash---------- News Flash

If im in the wrong Place to post a work around for the Html5 freeze Feel free to move it.

I am only dealing with FireFox. The other Browsers may work simuler. I used what little data was posted in my theory post  and it Defunct it - Thanks everyone that posted- HOWEVER I did see cross Data that gave me an Epiphany that stumbled me into a EUREKA moment. Checking the Resource tab in the Task manager shows me multi FireFox pages running - This is something new added to increase speed of the Browser- All it does is slow me down. I checked and sure enough it is so - but you can limit the number of pages and the amount of memory used - In the settings and the About:Config - FIRST NOTE There is no Warranties to void with FireFox. It is freeware. If you look into the Task manager and you have multiple FireFox or any browser running this is causing it to run slow - freeze  - take up memory- This might can help you - It has helped me I promise it worked.    Things you can try -

Use Firefox's performance settings  -  Click the menu button  Fx57Menu Menu and choose Options. In the General panel, go down to the Performance section and uncheck the box next to "Use recommended performance" settings. You will then be able to change the following settings: hardware acceleration and multiple content processes.
        I turned off hardware acceleration it helped me - Also NOTE The new FireFox Quantum will not run on 1 page only so try for 2 or three and see if this helps. It seems to help most but depending on your computers age or processing power it may not help.
        If your still having issues with Firefox creating several processes. try this it is very easy but you need to be careful because you are changing things that control how FireFox runs. Note This helped Me so great that i am posting these changes. It was a little slow loading each farm but once loaded it ran so good
                                       ( Not as great as Flash ) But impressive all the same -
        Open a new tab in the address bar type " About:Config " press enter or jump to that addresses. You will see the Warranties page. it is ok to accept the risk to proceed I promise-  Well if you want the browser to act right in the game - or as well as it can act then this is a must. It opens the browser to the Configuration page and there is a search bar under the addresses bar in that search enter this configuration 
    browser.tabs.remote.autostartNote some have trouble with the search function. so you may need to type it one word at a time don't forget the periods. Look for the Remote auto start function and click it to change the value to = FALSE. this will stop all but one page loading. If it runs a little slow try reactivating the hardware acceleration.            
           I Hope this helps everyone that tries it - It did help me I playe for 2 hours with no trouble - I also generated 50 tho feed from my main farm mill with no hiccups. That included opening the farm management and buying goods to produce the feed in a 30 min Mission. Good luck.

PS - Multi pages cause memory problems then if a Script error comes along Google crash handlers take over and slow further down trying to document the page fault and notify Google for a fix all it does is = a crash on my Crap  Top  -
    To be clear I have hardware acceleration checked. I have the   browser.tabs.remote.autostart   function = FALSE.

This helped me bunches - Also if you want to try a reload of an older FireFox browser that supports HTML 5 and runs a single page call it may be worth your while. Think about the other things you use your browser for before a reinstall.

More Info on the About:Config

This edit is because I forgot to include to do the  "Norm Clean browser cache and temp files "

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Cracking tip, works really well for me, game now as fast as flash ever was , thanks a million  :D:D:D
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Probably will happen after the next update, suspect someone got their dates muddled , GGS not too clever on dates and times  ;);)
  • bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    I wonder if this will be the final nail in the Big farm coffin, Is HTML more trouble then it's worth, just have to see how bad it is :'(
    Unfortunately my worst fears about HTML have come true, the freezing up seems the be the worse trouble it takes 10-15 clicks on everything I try & harvest, same when I try to refill, the CC are a nightmare, go to the boosters & find personal booster LOCKED. The only way around this to refresh every 1/2 hour.
    When you replace the new Mercedes with a '67 VW what else can we expect
  • I wonder if this will be the final nail in the Big farm coffin, Is HTML more trouble then it's worth, just have to see how bad it is :'(
    Unfortunately my worst fears about HTML have come true, the freezing up seems the be the worse trouble it takes 10-15 clicks on everything I try & harvest, same when I try to refill, the CC are a nightmare, go to the boosters & find personal booster LOCKED. The only way around this to refresh every 1/2 hour.
    Sounds like how the Flash version was the last time I used that back in August.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    My freezing issue seems to have been replaced with white flashes.
    I think I might like this a little better; takes less time, anyway.

• Unfortunately my worst fears about HTML have come true, the freezing up seems the be the worse trouble it takes 10-15 clicks on everything I try & harvest, same when I try to refill, the CC are a nightmare, go to the boosters & find personal booster LOCKED. The only way around this to refresh every 1/2 hour.
    and the '67 VW has just been assembled with rusty old parts that have been sitting in a barn for 25 years. no test drive either!
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    The freezing changed to white flashes, now the white flashes are slowing both in time and frequency... It seems now that the white flashes were actually my screen blanking to white.
    I have tried various browsers, and it only happens on Chrome & Big Farm (and forum).
Sign In to comment.