Home EN The Chicken Coop

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

What's up with the Cults, Cult Religions, Mysticism, and UFO's?

Thirtyplus (US1)Thirtyplus (US1) Posts: 190
edited 28.07.2015 in The Chicken Coop
Many of us just want to play a fun clean game of "farming." What's the point and reason behind the added cults, cult religions, mysticism, and UFO's and what do they have to do with farming?

Respectfully.
Post edited by Thirtyplus (US1) on

Comments

• Prairiewitch (US1)Prairiewitch (US1) US1 Posts: 101
    edited 27.07.2015
    These are fun and challenging tasks to earn prizes and extra special donations. I personally like them and look forward to them. There are many places in this world that have different events and festivals like here in the U.S. like the Renaissance Fair for example. And throughout the world there are many places that hold on the their mysticism because it is part of their heritage. This is a worldwide game. If someone plays and has questions about "Asia" for example, then they may go learn more about it. If not no big deal.
    If you want just to have something that just lets you farm, you can ignore the events, or go to Amazon and buy the "Farming for PC" is doesn't have anything, but farming. There are no cooperatives, no events, no specific tasks and you go as you want. If the events offend you; no one is twisting your arm to play or partake in the event. Partake in what you want to do, ignore what you don't want to do.
    I am putting myself in the category of those who love and are addicted to this game and all it has for us to do. I say to Goodgame, I am so addicted to this game and love it JUST THE WAY IT IS! The events are part of a community which is what we the players are and in a community there are diverse groups of people with diverse backgrounds, and religions, and beliefs. I welcome that diversity!!! I enjoy playing with and talking to all of the different people around the world that play this game.
    And as far as "a fun clean game" this is fun and clean, no one uses foul language, no murder, no running over people with cars to score points or seeing how many things they can kill. Those to me are not clean games. And the cooperatives encourage teamwork and making new friends. Also remember that there are not only us adults playing this game, there are children playing too! The youngest I have talked to in this game was age 6, and they taught me a couple of things.
    So as you should see the game makers are trying to keep everyone with a very wide range of player ages interested and maybe a little more educated about other cultures. And I thank them for what they have done and I think they have done an excellent job!
  • edited 28.07.2015
    In addition to what Prairiewitch said, the events you listed are a very small sampling of the events that occur on Big Farm.
    How about Mysterious Asia, Here's to Nature, a Hint of Hawaii and fairy tale time, not to mention mini-events such as A Hero For Piggies, the lost bee event(cannot recall the name), the County Fair, the new hard worker event..and of course the event farms! The Viking farm, the Island farm, the Candy farm.
    Besides this of course there are missions, horse training and breeding, the gourmet and flower farms, many happenings in a co-op should you choose to be in one...
    And i am quite sure i am missing plenty!
    There is no theme obviously, unless you isolate a handful of events and lump them together while ignoring the many others.
    Also...if it makes you uncomfortable, just don't open the dialogues to start the events, and you won't participate. Ignore the display and farm, and complete events you do enjoy.

happy farming!
  • I too as a christian who cares about what I feed my heart ,mind, body and soul have been offended by all of the darkness this game has introduced, I will be leaving to go and find something more positive, light and uplifting! I definitely don't need any more darkness in my life, the world has enough darkness as it is. Thirty plus, I too like farming but I do believe if our hearts tell us that somethings not right we'd better listen and move on. I'm moving on. May you be blessed by doing the same. Rose of Sharon
  • It is quite sad that some people are offended by events they do NOT have to participate in. Christianity is not the only faith in the world. I respect everyones beliefs, or lack of. I don't see any darkness in this game, but to each their own.  Best of luck in whatever new games you move on to.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    This reminds me of the whole "iluminati" debacle..........where shapes such as triangles appearing in concerts, movies, sporting events is hypnotizing us all to worship the darkness. Without going into a debate of what actually exists and what doesn't I will say this is just a game and people need to lighten up.  
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    edited 09.02.2019
    In some parts of this world Christianity is looked upon as a cult. Group of people sharing a belief.

How do we define "cult"? I googled and read up on this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult

To me seeking answers and understanding is the way to go about everything in life and here on earth and in the univers. Not allowing myself to lock any doors due to thoughts that could prove to be wrong. There are always more sides to a "story". Knowing is believing :wink: 

Bigfarm respects all by implementing different aspects. Making the game fun, but also educational. With the help of our curiosity and i.e. Google. Darkness in the game? No. Except, maybe, the buy gold nagging part.

How I see it :wink:

Cheers :smile:
  • mse (PL1)mse (PL1) PL1 Posts: 144
    Every time we have choice!
    If I don't want to participate in some event, the choice is very, very simple - Just do not do that and ignore this. 
    It's just a game. Good game. A game without a dark side - without violence and eroticism. A game for the whole family. And I'm having fun very well. And I wish the same to every virtual farmer.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 09.02.2019
    In order to appeal to the widest demographic and attract the largest number of people, GGS has to give it's players a large variety of different storylines to keep them interested. That's all they are, storylines.  As others have already said, these storylines are not forced upon you. You have the option to not play events that have anything in them that you consider offensive. Personally, I think it's a real stretch to be offended by something in a wholesome farming game that's fun for the whole family when there are so many genuine things on the Internet that are truly offensive. Your outrage would be better spent in that direction. Heck, the Ku Klux Klan has their own website!   :D
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Not wishing to pile on, but I did want to say a couple of things. First, I was going to post what Summer did -- Christianity also is considered a cult to many.  Just putting that out there.

If the game makes you feel uncomfortable, RoseofSharon, then it is probably best if you move on. But I am not in favor of your saying you are "offended," because that implies that your faith is being attacked, which isn't the case at all. The definition of offence is "annoyance or resentment brought about by a perceived insult to or disregard for oneself or one's standards or principles." No one is disregarding your standards or principals. No one is insulting them. It is up to Christians to follow their own path, live their lives as they think they should.without thinking that those who realize they live in a Global community, and offer inclusiveness and respect to all, are attacking or insulting them. The game is not attacking or trying to insult you.

There are many, many games that are exclusively for Christians which might be more to your liking. I personally hope you decide to stay, but can certainly understand if you aren't comfortable coming into contact with other points of view.
This discussion has been closed.