Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Chinese New Year Event

Comments

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 07.02.2019
    @JVD (US1) & others, There is an issue with the firework starter & apparently some other timers (See Bulletin) the fireworks should last for 20 minutes, but are appearing with all sorts of delays for all different people. Fortunately for most that get a delay, it is only for a few minutes, but as to who gets a delay & for how long, so far it is looking pretty random - The devs are on it. :)
    Yes they should have been giving us the time (those who don't want them don't read them) and before next year I hope they fix FW timer bug, I will be very surprise if they do.  I have a feeling we will be saying the exact same thing next year and the year after.  GGS please prove me wrong..

@WascallyWabbit In my opinion....too little, too late. Have the devs fix things that are a daily annoyance like the farm grabbing cursor; the missing times of the horsefarm, village and boat in the right window; the missing ready balloons when harvest is ready on all farms and so on.

For me the CNY is the last one if fireworks are not announced in smaller timeframes. Two weeks everything on hold awaiting fireworks is not my idea of fun. Because I started it, I will finish it but no more for me.

• Kimmiecat (NL1) I gave up on the CNY, just getting what I can get until it ends. The farm grabbing cursor is making me crazy. 
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    This event was pretty much nearly impossible to finish. Event will be over tomorrow and I'm still at 12 happiness and never reached past 5 of the rewards each day. Also never got any of the zodiac chips past 65%. Just another deco to demolish.....
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    This event was pretty much nearly impossible to finish. Event will be over tomorrow and I'm still at 12 happiness and never reached past 5 of the rewards each day. Also never got any of the zodiac chips past 65%. Just another deco to demolish.....
    So sorry Krislilwife, you must were probably one of us that were shorted on fireworks for 14 days now.

14 days, soon to be 15 days of UNBALANCED crap in this event. 

Thanks a bunch for the fix here that didn't happen.
  • Instead of Oktoberfest more often, I would prefer CNY.  Love this event, if was not for the timer bugs, compared to the awful Oktoberfest.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Instead of Oktoberfest more often, I would prefer CNY.  Love this event, if was not for the timer bugs, compared to the awful Oktoberfest.
    No, Oktofest is million times better than this nonsense .
    I dont even consider CNY as an event lol , btw just my opinion .These events should not be there even one year once lol , please replace this with some Lucky coin collection event .

I dont understand people who dont have decos in farms giving importance to such dumb deco related events   :|  . 

CRAP event with no use except that i can get 2 each of tokens,silver mb and bronze mb . These decos will get demolished lol from my inventory next min they come in , even though they have 190 happiness and 38 vhp ,coz they are of no use 5*5 size duhh , cant even be used to fill up little left behind space lol .
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    to each their own @Rocky123 (IN1) Plenty of farmers can use the deco! for now I still have a use for it! :)  Eventually I won't and then I will use it for spare parts, but I do love also getting the xp from building it.

I find the event fun, just a bit annoying this year with the time everyone gets for the fireworks!
    edited 08.02.2019
    JVD (US1) said:
    to each their own @Rocky123 (IN1) Plenty of farmers can use the deco! for now I still have a use for it! :)  Eventually I won't and then I will use it for spare parts, but I do love also getting the xp from building it.

I find the event fun, just a bit annoying this year with the time everyone gets for the fireworks!
    I never said its useless for everyone .
    For me , its utterly useless and thats why when Byron asked to send this event more often in place of okto , i got annoyed and went on to show little of my hate towards these kind of events  :D .
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    JVD (US1) said:

For me , its utterly useless and thats why when Byron asked to send this event more often in place of okto , i got annoyed and went on to show little of my hate towards these kind of events  :D .
    why?am i missing things the Oktoberfest prizes are not good and takes a lot more effort then it does to get the 20 prizes a day from the Chinese event if you can catch the fireworks it takes 1 or 2 of them so could just take you 10 min to get all 20 daily prizes were as Oktoberfest you have to keep making stuff and selling stuff i mean the finally prize for the Chinese is horrible sense i did not catch enough fireworks so going to end with a 68 happiness wich is useless but the 20 prizes a day i for one would like more of the lucky coin ones that one is by far the one with best rewards especially sense you get to choose what you want
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    It may be useless to some, and I honestly just farm normally and get a few rewards along the way One of my mystery boxes had a GML in it, so no complaints from me. :)

What ruins this and other events is the overlapping of them. Different farming strategies for each are often called for. And with so many running at the same time, it's hard to really focus on one or two and really enjoy them, even if you're trying to ignore the others.
  • Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    At this point I'd take just about any event (that isn't broke...lol; don't know if that actually exists)...just as long as my farms stop hopping around constantly.   I'm thinking of getting some Scopolamine patches to put behind my ear to help stave off the nausea of motion sickness....Uff da!!

The HTML5 SNAFU is definitely the most "challenging" element that has been added to this game.  LOL!

JVD (US1) said:

why?am i missing things the Oktoberfest prizes are not good and takes a lot more effort then it does to get the 20 prizes a day from the Chinese event if you can catch the fireworks it takes 1 or 2 of them so could just take you 10 min to get all 20 daily prizes were as Oktoberfest you have to keep making stuff and selling stuff i mean the finally prize for the Chinese is horrible sense i did not catch enough fireworks so going to end with a 68 happiness wich is useless but the 20 prizes a day i for one would like more of the lucky coin ones that one is by far the one with best rewards especially sense you get to choose what you want
    Again i never said Okto is the best event but its far better than this one . U can get the friendship meadow(in case the coop finishes top 5) which is 13k + worth wwc coins whereas the reward from this event give u paltry 50 to 60 tokens in total accounting for 400 to 500 wwc coins . 
    So no comparing this event with Okto for me .

Yes Lucky coin events are the best can get u tons of tokens and gmbs for literally sowing violets and roses through the day and sunflowers at night .
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 08.02.2019
    Extra time added to CNY and we still don't get the deco many missed on the the first day? Not entirely unhappy about the barn skin but would very much like to have another chance at the noodle cart.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 08.02.2019
    AU did not even get any chance at all for first day, it started and ended when were sleeping, 0 chance for noodle cart, I was hoping when they added the extra day, that it would go back to day 1 to give us a chance to do it.

I went to bed at 10 PM only to wake and see we were on day 2
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    @WascallyWabbit  @PicklePaws  @RowdyRac  

The CNY event was extended by a day from the original run time - did the schedulers get informed to add another day of Fireworks?  We are about a half hour after the latest morning tweet time of the last 4 days and still no tweet yet this morning?
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    And here we go again. 13 hours since the last fireworks announcement. And no fireworks in sight the last approx 2 hours.

*sigh*
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    did they came the annoucement was done by 40 minutes i think if yes please respose thanks
  • They lie again.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 08.02.2019
    JVD (US1) said:

Again i never said Okto is the best event but its far better than this one . U can get the friendship meadow(in case the coop finishes top 5) which is 13k + worth wwc coins whereas the reward from this event give u paltry 50 to 60 tokens in total accounting for 400 to 500 wwc coins . 

Yes Lucky coin events are the best can get u tons of tokens and gmbs for literally sowing violets and roses through the day and sunflowers at night .
    I never said you did but that makes Sence now see my coop does not get in 5th place and rest of the prizes are cheap for the amount of effort put in so I only do a little bit to feel like I am helping the coop out other wise I ignore it but to spend 10 min and get 20ish better prizes for what 15 days is a lot better for me and also I would rather have the tokens even if less WWC coins at least I can use the coins I want I don't plan on having the friendship meadow
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 08.02.2019
    Yeah no way our co op is ever going to come in top 5 OF with 7 members and 0 golders
    Just came lol :open_mouth:
  • Tweet: "Firework boosters starting in the next hour"  

Time: 1 hour ago

Conclusion: GGS and I have very different definitions of what "starting in the next hour" means.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Yeah, they popped up for me with only 7:30 left on the clock.

Fortunately I was holding my Silo & Composter, and that was enough to finish off the rewards.

Hope they get the timer issues fixed before the next event that uses Fireworks.
    Yeah, they popped up for me with only 7:30 left on the clock.

Fortunately I was holding my Silo & Composter, and that was enough to finish off the rewards.

Hope they get the timer issues fixed before the next event that uses Fireworks.
    for me it was 10min and 3 sec
    JVD (US1) said:

I never said you did but that makes Sence now see my coop does not get in 5th place and rest of the prizes are cheap for the amount of effort put in so I only do a little bit to feel like I am helping the coop out other wise I ignore it but to spend 10 min and get 20ish better prizes for what 15 days is a lot better for me and also I would rather have the tokens even if less WWC coins at least I can use the coins I want I don't plan on having the friendship meadow
    Yeah no way our co op is ever going to come in top 5 OF with 7 members and 0 golders
    Ok then , Okto s crap event fr u guys compared to CNY .
    I know the hardwork rewards for okto suck but the coop ones are too good and thats why i got annoyed when byron was asking for more of this in place of that . Let this kind of event be there more frequently (i dont mind, just got collect a set of sunflowers daily n this event is done for me ) but not replacing any other event .
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 08.02.2019
     For me the last time I play an event with Fireworks, without time.
     I find this such a contempt to the farmers. It is a small effort to convert the times, but no, we let them stew in their own juices.
    Post edited by Maggiltilda (NL1) on
  • JeannieC (US1)JeannieC (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    I have not been getting the fireworks when the rest of my co op do, at one point today I got fireworks with only 2 mins 18 secs left to run.  Also I can harvest everything I have on my farm and still only get up to 3 prizes.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Yes, it is quite disappointing (at best) to loose several of the firework minutes. Those who reach high up on the rankinglist were the lucky ones getting an unfair advantage by prob not loosing any or many of the minutes. So in that respect there will be no true winners of this event this time.

When it comes to October feast vs CYN ..... I would prefer CYN, but fortunately we will not have to choose because both will be played in the future also. And we can choose whether to play an event or ignore it. Simple as that :smile: Our choice.

Cheers :smile:
  • Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    the last 3 fireworks were lasting 0 sec on my farm
    the 1st day was not 24hours so we had no Time to get the decor on the daily challenge

what compensation ?
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I also have mostly seen 5 min or less on my timer when the fireworks pop up. 
Sign In to comment.