Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

What is this?

So WHAT is this thing?   And did I just waste gold (again) clicking on it???

An unlock icon appears sometimes.  I have no clue why or what it unlocked.   So today I clicked it just to see if I can figure out exactly what I unlocked, and suddenly EVERYTHING was harvested.   
Another question, what happens to the extra crop?  I KNOW I have more orchards than room for the apples. Where did they go?
Did I blow gold just trying to figure out what this mystery icon is?  If so how much?

Damn it!!!!! GG WHY do you put things IN GAME and not any explanation IN GAME to say what it is and what it does?   I really don't care to hunt and fish in this forum just to see how something works.
It's a good thing I wasn't about to start working on the CC.   I'd be immediately out. 

Well..... two more farms to get to, I will NOT be clicking that thing again.
How about a pop up or SOMETHING asking if you really WANT to harvest everything?  Gees I can't get rid of the thing when an event is over asking are you sure you don't want to mortgage your home to buy some dumb deco.  I have to click a few windows.  What part of CLOSE isn't clear the first time?
Well if you can do it for that, why not for spending gold OR for what ever this tab does too?

Comments

• That is the turbo harvester. If you have a personal subscription it did not cost anything. Without the subscription it can be very spendy because it harvests everything ready on your farm. Sorry you found out the expensive way.
  • Regarding your excess harvests: they first go to storage, then contracts, then are sold. Close the tab then reopen it and that tab should be hidden.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Artmaker (GB1) here is link to the Turbo Harvester introduction: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/181097/tiny-update-july-19th-a-new-button

as mentioned above, if you have a personal convenience subscription it does not cost anything to use and the button is GREEN. If no subscription, the button is BLUE and costs gold to use it.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 06.02.2019
    And if you hover your cursor over the button, it will tell you exactly what it does. As well as how much it costs.

Mine is green, because I have a personal subscription. A *BLUE* button will cost gold, and it will tell you in the upper right of the window how much it'll cost (it's 10 gold per building harvested - in my case above, without a subscription, it would have cost 660 gold). {Edit: Actually, I think they reduced it to 8 gold per building after I subscribed}

Just remember the mantra.

GREEN GOOD. BLUE BAD.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    So sure enough, I blew several hundred gold just trying to see what the unlock icon was.   Damn it!!!!!!!!

Once again GG... THIS is why I do not spend one red cent on this game. 
    THIS RIGHT HERE!

So fine.  You givith and you taketh away.  You took back your own gifts of gold.
    I didn't really lose anything. 

When will the developers here EVER Figure this out????
    oh well.  Probably just as well, I can't really afford to actually spend money on this. bad enough I waste far too much time here.

Thanks for the replies though.   I'll just be careful to ignore the thing.
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    It happened to me too.  :(   Had no idea on what it did.  I accidentally clicked on it & poof! everything was harvested just BEFORE fireworks came.  No idea on how much gold I lost, I just hope it wasn't too much.  

I am a cautious person but this caught me off guard.  I also won't be touching that button again.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    If you minimize the side menu, then expand it again, the button won't appear.
  • Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    edited 07.02.2019
    I feel your pain, Artmaker  :'(
    GGS stuck it to me on this dirty trick awhile back as well...even when I knew what the tab was for and NOT to click it. The green is good / blue is bad mnemonic is great, but when GGS sets their sites to rob, there is really no way to totally secure your farm / gold.

Thanks to the wonder that is HTML5, during an unbelievably bouncing farm episode, my icon tripped on the turbo harvester button & not only did it waste all of my saved product (for missions), GGS nabbed me for hundreds in gold...Double Whammy! I swear they live to add insult to injury. 

Hiding the tab works well, in theory, ...until the ever-present HTML5 demons are unleashed and that tab pops in & out along with everything else on the farm.

The placement of that tab is perfectly situated to almost guarantee being inadvertently tripped=> more GOLD for GGS. HTML5 is just another back up guarantee that farming slip ups are made & guess what! => more GOLD for GGS.
    Yay!   :/     *Sigh*

*** After relocating the button, attaching a warning to the turbo harvester is a great idea!  ...and therefore most certainly will never be implemented by GGS. => No stolen Gold for GGS...a very bad thing, indeed.  lol
    Yea, they have shaken my pockets too many times.  Early on when I tried support about a totally accidental click, my reply was "sorry we cannot replace gold, be more careful next time."   So my being more careful is I stopped buying ANY gold.   What they take, they gave in game.  (Takes months to collect enough to actually use.)
    But oh well.  I would have been spending little bits here and there for years.  They don't know what they are losing.  Or maybe they shake enough pockets to make their cheating ways worth it.   Not getting my money though.   I don't like cheats.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @Artmaker (GB1)

Why are you blaming GG , if you are clicking without looking

Excuse me, I always take time to look what is it before clicking..

If u dont look before crossing a road.. and u get hit by the car, do u seriously blame the driver?

You have a part of the responsability , Wether you like it or not

What are you talking about?  HOW do you "look" without clicking something?
    I saw something unlock and I clicked to see what I unlocked.   I had no idea that would cost cash.
    But no, that click costed hundreds in gold to instantly harvest everything, without any warning even though I did NOT want to. 
    So ok, I know now.   I won't touch it ever again.  
    WHY not have an extra window, even if only the first time it's clicked, explaining what it is and what it costs?  I'd have backed out.  There are SEVERAL windows when an event ends and the player didn't finish.  Why can't they do that here?
    Answer?  GG likes to shake pockets.   Must be profitable.  Mine stay empty.

GG didn't get MY money since they refuse to put any lock in place that would have prevented it from vanishing this time.  So I just don't spend here.  
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    @Artmaker (GB1) Believe Exxy (INT1) misunderstood. Thought you were talking about a click right when a window selling something popped up so your click ended up buying that something. Exxy obviously did not read your first post higher up.

Yes Exxy, it can absolutely happen, giving us no chance to look first. Splitt second, arrow unfortunately at the spot the "buy" button is and no chance to stop it. The click is already in motion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file