Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 24th - A big change and a whole lot of animal news! - Discussion

Comments

• BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
     Wow - I know the Omar bug is reported - My Omar has not changed in hours still cash offer And after i click Omar and dismiss him he takes his time by the way, If i click any offers best sales or the chest top of the screen  He pops back on a few times.- Horse breading in the Meadow comes up flashing either pane or just ones - FLASH on and Off. Thought Flash was dead. VFair is slowing down page loads causing browser to consume memory and not respond - Not only the Browser but windows is slow also - If I exit the Big Farm game in a few moments windows runs great again. As promised I have pictures of these and 1 of the three script violators - in the future I will work on memory dumps so I can try to see why the browsers are overloaded- I believe it is Google  or Amazon - I have ruled out FaceBook for right now
                                               Script debugged

HORSE BREADING MEADOW
                                      hung script in action
     I hope this helps as instructed I posted facts of Omar - Hanging Scripts 1 of the (three I suspect) and the horse breading flashing - there are some more but these are the new ones i encountered today. In my next post I hope to get a small poll going to help put a light on the why some folks have a trouble and some do not - Focus on windows 10
     I have a Theory but i will need some help from some windows 10 users that have little or no trouble - And windows 10 users that have trouble - in the big farm game. It was brought to my attention in small talk ( thanks Player) that some have not downloaded the free win 10 update offered a year or 3 ago. Lead me to think of the different versions of win 10. Anniversary Update - RedStone up date of which a couple were so buggy they did not make publication on time. So if you fellow win 10 users that have a problem playing,  As well as those who dont or have little trouble could look at the Version or date - or build - Of your windows 10, 
    Most can find some data out by Right Clicking on My Computer  Err (This Computer) and from the pop up menu choose Properties - this usually gives the name date type of windows - Computer and memory read out.
    If your like me and you want the Tec Specs and that is what we need for this theory to have data -
    Use this to collect the data

The new Settings app also offers build, edition, and version information in a user-friendly form. Hit Windows+I to open Settings. In the Settings window, navigate to System > About.  Scroll down a bit and you’ll see the information you’re after.

After collecting Data post it  Like this -
    If you have trouble say so and post your data -
    If you do not have trouble say so and post your data

Im looking to see if there is a build being used that gives more trouble than others Or a build that gives less trouble than others. This could help the DEVS narrow the search for the malfunctions - Yep I am saying some of us may share in this flippy floppy HTML 5 switch over - Or Rule out Fault all together. I will check out the post once a day so I will be here a long time if the data is posted.- Just for fun (FYI) here is the list of build numbers and dates available to the public. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

version 1507 or "Threshold 1" July 29, 2015 - build number 10.0.10240
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    A.K.A. "The Free download"  - Version 1511 "Threshold 2" November 12, 2015-Build number 10.0.10586
    Version 1607 "Redstone 1 August 2 - Build number 10.0.14393
    Version 1703 "Redstone 2" August 11, 2016 - Build number 10.0.15063
    Version 1709 "Redstone 3" October 17 - Build number 10.0.16299
    Version 1803 "Redstone 4" April 16,- May8th 2018 - Build number 10.0.17134
    version 1809  "Redstone 5"  November 13, 2018 - Build number 10.0.17763
     Any after these updates are more for the phone and tablets although some of the upgrades were rewritten to accommodate Chrome , and Google.

If some are Identified as trouble there is a published site that can give the basics of what each upgrade was for and how the fixes were implemented and why-

If there is confusion how to read your build number here is a simple site that is great for folks starting out or are experienced dabblers with Computers

• 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    i have a new bug. i cant send messages to noone. anytime i try to send a message appears YOU ARE IGNORING THIS PLAYER but thats not true. my ignoring list is empty. and this happens with everyone i try to send or reply to their messages from 2 days now. i can only send coop messages
    @amber3 (INT1)    Have you tried the usual fixes (clearing browser cache, trying a different browser) ???
    i did. different browsers. cache cleaned more than once and is the same
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    One more bug :(
    While buying expansions at any farm, it shows size as 10*1.
    I had taken an screenshot too for making it clear.

• 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    Now a decoration in that size would often come in handy to fill gaps.  :)
  • BJs (US1) said:
     I have a Theory but i will need some help from some windows 10 users that have little or no trouble - And windows 10 users that have trouble - in the big farm game. It was brought to my attention in small talk ( thanks Player) that some have not downloaded the free win 10 update offered a year or 3 ago. Lead me to think of the different versions of win 10. Anniversary Update - RedStone up date of which a couple were so buggy they did not make publication on time. So if you fellow win 10 users that have a problem playing,  As well as those who dont or have little trouble could look at the Version or date - or build - Of your windows 10, 
    Most can find some data out by Right Clicking on My Computer  Err (This Computer) and from the pop up menu choose Properties - this usually gives the name date type of windows - Computer and memory read out.
    If your like me and you want the Tec Specs and that is what we need for this theory to have data -

The new Settings app also offers build, edition, and version information in a user-friendly form. Hit Windows+I to open Settings. In the Settings window, navigate to System > About.  Scroll down a bit and you’ll see the information you’re after.

Im looking to see if there is a build being used that gives more trouble than others Or a build that gives less trouble than others. This could help the DEVS narrow the search for the malfunctions - Yep I am saying some of us may share in this flippy floppy HTML 5 switch over - Or Rule out Fault all together. I will check out the post once a day so I will be here a long time if the data is posted.- Just for fun (FYI) here is the list of build numbers and dates available to the public. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.K.A. "The Free download"  - Version 1511 "Threshold 2" November 12, 2015-Build number 10.0.10586
     Any after these updates are more for the phone and tablets although some of the upgrades were rewritten to accommodate Chrome , and Google.

If some are Identified as trouble there is a published site that can give the basics of what each upgrade was for and how the fixes were implemented and why-

If there is confusion how to read your build number here is a simple site that is great for folks starting out or are experienced dabblers with Computers

Start a new thread for this.

Few issues:
    Chrome - latest version
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995

@5-10 Man (AU1) & others asking about droprates in the Wedding Planner & Food Truck events - They should be fixed in the next update. Doves were mentioned specifically, I am not sure what else is changing.

@WascallyWabbit

Below screenshot comes from the update announcement from 6 dec 2018 : 

It still turned out the Weddingplanner was impossible to finish. The number of doves even increased for lvl 3, on which I am stuck from the start.

Now you are telling us another fix is expected.  I am sorry to say but I will not be playing the Weddingplanner until I read on this forum that multiple players finally managed to finish lvl 3.
    I do not have any confidence it will be doable for the event starting at 19-02 after the annoucement of 6 dec.
  • @Kimmiecat (NL1) I totally understand your caution, personally I have also never completed it, despite having level 7 on all the old weekly events. The announcement you quoted did say they wanted feedback to see if it was right yet & when we reported about the doves still being too hard, they appear to have reacted quickly, so fingerscrossed this is sign of things to come, with regard to acting on feedback. :)
    @WascallyWabbit I leave the honors to you to try and finish lvl3 of the weddingplanner. 
    The doves were not "still being too hard" , they actually increased the number of doves needed. 

So let me know how you do..... :wink:
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    I totally agree with @Kimmiecat (NL1) I have yet to fully complete the Wedding Planner level 3.
    I did do it for the wwc and to see if they had indeed lowered the amount of doves only to find they had actually increased them from 4,000 to 5,000. This is totally ridiculous, why increase something that is already totally unreachable.

I also will not do this event again. :neutral:
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    BJs (US1) said:

I have no issues .

Version 1809  "Redstone 5"  November 13, 2018 - Build number 10.0.17763
    Chrome - latest version
  • I just dont know where to post this anymore - so here will have to be the place.  Despite being repeatedly asked to provide more details on why the game is unplayable etc I dont know what more GGS want.  I have posted a full description of the age, operating system and browser being used.  I have explained that html5 works on what was the candy farm and the co-op village, but not on the other farms with harvests taking way too long (54 seconds to harvest he bakery, 28 to harvest the fields on the main farm)  I have explained that when html5 was first tried it worked fine but after the switch this happened.  Yes there was a lag, but nothing like that.

I cant post the requested link to a face to face conversation I had in 'stormfront' my local apple store where they said the problem is with GGS not apple, and I am at a loss now to know what more I need to do or information I need to provide.  If someone could please let me know I'll provide it.  I can borrow a laptop for now but thats hardly the point.   I've spent good money on this game over the years and just ask that rather than being asked for more information than 'the game is unplayable' they tell me what more information they need rather than closing down threads stating how very unhappy I am with their treatment of their customers.
    @AmazingMurphy (GB1)
    Maybe they want you to post again what operating system and browser you use etc.?????
    In my view they asked for a summary of the most important info that you posted in other treads.
  • TY Kimmiecat - I did put it all on one post that was 'passed to the team' that I've heard nothing back from, which I now can't find unfortunately otherwise I'd just put a link to that.  To be honest I've given up now, I know they wont sort it out or even try to help.  I've totally lost the will to even bother - there is only so many times I can ask.  Guess thats what they want - an easier life rather than happy customers.  Sad though, I did used to recommend this game such a lot, but I cant do that now - I'd feel bad if others had similar experiences.  
  • Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    How many times do we have to enter the exact same info so that GGS can ignore & deflect it?

We've been told, in what is apparently the final word on the subject, that the problems reported by Apple users MAY not be due to GGS / Apple issues specifically.
    What-if, it IS the issue?  I've come to the conclusion that we shall never know.

It is more than clear that GGS has absolutely no intention of investigating the underlying cause of this PREMIERE HTML5 muck-up, as they persistently push out more & more inferior, poorly developed, events & products to their BF clientele. 

Ignore & Deflect.... Signature GGS Management Game Plan.
    Using  firefox Quantum ver. 65
         This is proly the most impacted problem - I am not 100% sure but Google ( AKA Chrome scripts) code most likely not run on a Mac. and almost for sure it is not meant for the FireFox. Also in chromium ther is lag ect - but here is another post to help Devs understand - what scripts are acting up -   Plain as day - this is a different one from the last - Chrome Script. Note If I stop Script it hangs Computer - not just Browser - and a blue Screen pops up and says something happened to your computer and we are gathering information  a couple of moments later it reboots. I took a screen shot but it was lost in the reboot but i promise it happened- These Scripts are leaving the Browser and interacting with my computer not just memory. at some point i have seen 8 to 10 script blocked on my screen then I get booted from the browser. I will take screen shots if I can catch them -
  • I dont really know what i am on usaully i dont think its html........but im unsure im not really a computer wiz.  :flushed:
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Is anyone else having this problem when having Big Farm on half-screen ?
    I often have to change to full screen to reach the right edge of the farm instead of just pulling it over as I used to do.
    (I often keep it on half-screen while working in another half-screen, so I don't need to toggle back and forth.)

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I try so hard to understand.....but this is getting so ridiculous.  How did we get through all of Monday without any statement on the Forum from GGS about the HTML issues?  My gaming is literally cut in half.  Does no one care?
    What is the current spec on who can start V Fair challenges?  Is it only supposed to be deputies?  Because I had one started by a person that had only been a member for a day and who was not a deputy.  This concerns me greatly.
    Right now....I have been logged into the game for only 5 minutes, and the Ring menus will not appear any more.  Thanks HTML!  I can't wait to reboot.  
    edited 05.02.2019
    I try so hard to understand.....but this is getting so ridiculous.  How did we get through all of Monday without any statement on the Forum from GGS about the HTML issues?  My gaming is literally cut in half.  Does no one care?
    Unfortunately, I think it's more than evident that the answer is a resounding "Nope!" from GGS...they could care less. The HTML5 issue has been "addressed" (LOL) & at this point it's a "Tough Luck Charlie....Deal with it!" situation...as far as GGS is concerned.

GGS standard operating game plan in "addressing" major issues:
    1.) Lay low (Ignore) & hopefully it will go away or membership will give up in frustration. 
    2.) If complaints continue to grow to where it become insanely obvious that we've been found out using #1, then move on to playing dumb, asking endless questions & repeatedly requesting for MORE information, so that 
         "we can better understand the situation"
    3 a.) If #1 & #2 fail, move on to Deflection:  "We THINK the problem is your computer, your provider, your 
         browser... etc." NEVER accept or acknowledge GGS's role in the SNAFU or actually reinvest money &   
         investigative time to fix the actual problem.
    3 b) Further Deflection: Start up whatever new events we have in the works, regardless of the fact that they are nowhere ready to be released, let alone de-bugged. This will divert membership attention to other issues / frustrations & hopefully the previous ones will be forgotten. 
    4.) Rinse & repeat back to #1 in an infinite loop.

**Currently, I believe we've completed the cycle and have looped back to #1... Ignore
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    What is the current spec on who can start V Fair challenges?  Is it only supposed to be deputies?  Because I had one started by a person that had only been a member for a day and who was not a deputy.  This concerns me greatly.
    It's the same as it's always been. After a challenge has ended, a leader or deputy can start another one immediately. After 20 minutes, if the L/D hasn't started a challenge, anyone in the coop can.
  • I try so hard to understand.....but this is getting so ridiculous.  How did we get through all of Monday without any statement on the Forum from GGS about the HTML issues?  My gaming is literally cut in half.  Does no one care?
    Unfortunately, I think it's more than evident that the answer is a resounding "Nope!" from GGS...they could care less. The HTML5 issue has been "addressed" (LOL) & at this point it's a "Tough Luck Charlie....Deal with it!" situation...as far as GGS is concerned.

GGS standard operating game plan in "addressing" major issues:
    1.) Lay low (Ignore) & hopefully it will go away or membership will give up in frustration. 
    2.) If complaints continue to grow to where it become insanely obvious that we've been found out using #1, then move on to playing dumb, asking endless questions & repeatedly requesting for MORE information, so that 
         "we can better understand the situation"
    3 a.) If #1 & #2 fail, move on to Deflection:  "We THINK the problem is your computer, your provider, your 
         browser... etc." NEVER accept or acknowledge GGS's role in the SNAFU or actually reinvest money &   
         investigative time to fix the actual problem.
    3 b) Further Deflection: Start up whatever new events we have in the works, regardless of the fact that they are nowhere ready to be released, let alone de-bugged. This will divert membership attention to other issues / frustrations & hopefully the previous ones will be forgotten. 
    4.) Rinse & repeat back to #1 in an infinite loop.

**Currently, I believe we've completed the cycle and have looped back to #1... Ignore
    100%

I think the worst part for me is that they pretend its different.  If they'd come clean and say 'we are not going to try to sort out this issue' and with a reason 'you are playing on an area that is not currently expanding, so we are focusing our attention there' at least we'd know and had an ounce of respect for their honesty.  As it stands it laughable.  

GGS 'I need a pair of trousers' customer sends a pair of trousers.  GGS says 'I need a pair of trousers' customer sends a different size GGS says 'I need a pair of trousers' customer asks do you want wool or cotton? what length do you want?  What colour?  GGS reply 'I want a pair of trousers'  Customer says I've sent you two pairs, asked what it is you really want GGS reply 'I want a pair of trousers'  Then they blame the person sending the trousers for asking too many questions and sending them the wrong item!  I can see no sens in that whatsoever.
    Such a great analogy, AmazingMurphy!!

Can't wait for the next list of questions from GGS ....or yet another suggested "fix" without sufficient investigative research on their part which lifts hopes & then slams us against the brick wall again once WE'VE done the homework & discover, in fact, that the "fix" is completely incompatible. 
                           <br>

&nbsp; Again right after I log up Game - I Am Or Am I the only one? -

Less than 10 secs later After I clear the Banner  Bam!

Ok I cleared off the banner of the script - moved cursor to ok, dismiss, or clear screen so i can farm less than 10 secs. after I cleared the banner. Yellow warning whole computer became unresponsive. I could not exit browser - I could not pull up task bar. I clicked wait - nothing happened after 50 secs. I press the windows key no response. Used task manager end task.

NOTE - Before Today I - (Backed up bookmarks to Text file so no import  Cleaned All Register entries -Deleted all temp files- Deleted all traces of the old browser, Got the latest FireFox and installed it to a different Dir.)

This is starting to happen to me about 3 times a session - Then add the lag of Harvest - The whoppung Lag to jump to each farm, This game is about unplayable. NOTE - I have installed SeaMonkey it is a little Better but it hangs as you can see in past post - I installed Chrome Still lag and freeze but a little better recovery but it boots me out of game a few mins after a long freeze - Now I reinstalled Opera it is the same lag and long waits on harvest - Farm jumping it's almost like it is not going to go but will at some point. How am I supposed to do Missions? It takes me 12 to 14 mins to set dockyard fishing boats and deploy. Not trying to sound like oh poor pitiful me but dang.  

Another whole day went by.....without a word on this debacle.

These are facts.......as long as this level of performance in the game exists, I can no longer complete the temp farms (which i normally do each time).    I will not get as far on Wedding Planner or Food Truck.

There will almost certainly be times that I cannot keep place in the HW event for similar reasons.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    So I opened my game, got some note about the architect, going away for good?  Not?  All it says is visit the forums for more info.  HOW ABOUT A LINK TO WHERE?????
    I HATE hunting and fishing for something
    THAT SHOULD BE MADE CLEAR IN THE GAME WITHOUT ANY NEED TO COME HERE AND NOT FIND IT!

So swell.   I'm done hunting.  Anyone have a link, please click reply and post it.

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 08.02.2019
    So I opened my game, got some note about the architect, going away for good?  Not?  All it says is visit the forums for more info.  HOW ABOUT A LINK TO WHERE?????
    THAT SHOULD BE MADE CLEAR IN THE GAME WITHOUT ANY NEED TO COME HERE AND NOT FIND IT!

So swell.   I'm done hunting.  Anyone have a link, please click reply and post it.

@Artmaker (GB1)  It seems they jumped the gun with the announcement, Artmaker, so you can stop looking.  ;)
    Here's the thread where everyone's talking about it....
       https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/189375/no-more-architect

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

@Artmaker (GB1)  It seems they jumped the gun with the announcement, Artmaker, so you can stop looking.  ;)
    Here's the thread where everyone's talking about it....
       https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/189375/no-more-architect

Farmerjohn your my hero.    So bottom line, the newsletter went out in the game before anyone posted anything in the forum.   DOH! 

Sign In to comment.