Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 24th - A big change and a whole lot of animal news! - Discussion

Comments

• Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    CM_Hunter said:
    Hey, PCA...YOU received a response at least  LOL !!!

GGS:
    As I have documented now on numerous occasions here, I've been told BY APPLE (no suppositions, postulations, or un-researched theories) that my computer is clean; fully up to date; fully functional; & is compatible w/ HTML...however there seems to be an issue related to GGS specifically that is creating an issue w/ HTML5 AND the GGS systems (and Mac) that needs to be addressed by GGS. I've asked that GGS I.T communicate w/ Apple I.T, investigate the exact circumstances, and attempt to find a solution.    (rotfl!)
    A key word there is 'older', generally older machines will have more issues than newer ones. I am also entirely unaware of any specific issues related to Mac machines. We have users with various problems and on a variety of different hardware, some of those are Mac users but this does not automatically indicate that there is a specific issue with Mac users. For example, if an issue is with Google Chrome and there Mac users using Google Chrome who report issues, this doesn't mean it's only Mac users having a problem. That's a bit of a simple example but even if ONLY Mac users were reporting an issue, this doesn't automatically pre-suppose that the issue is with Mac only, it certainly makes it more likely but it's still entirely possible that issues could be for other reasons.

If we can get descriptions of the issues users are having specifically rather than a general 'Mac doesn't work' then we can likely look deeper into it and confirm if there really is a problem specific to Apple hardware, but as of now this isn't a known issue and as mentioned, we have Mac users in the office who don't experience any particular issue unique to Mac that hasn't been reported by Windows users as well.
    Please see my posts hunter - you do indeed have not only the issues but also of everything regarding my mac.  And I have yet to see any responses regarding this.  I'll say again, the game is unplayable on my mac.  I'm not going to repeat the issues or description of my mac, but there most certainly are issues.  Other online games work, but not BF.  And yes, I too contacted my local apple store and guess what?  They say the issue is with GGS and not them.  Also, they are telling me that although flash will eventually phased out as newer technologies arrive, there is no current plan for the majority of developers to stop using it!
    Thank you, Amazing Murphy... You've hit the nail on the head!

It's obvious that my message went through as PART of it has been quoted here, however it's also obvious that it wasn't actually "received".  I had clearly stated that my "older" Mac has no issues...other than with GGS... which has been confirmed by Apple Tech support. I also have absolutely no clue what additional "description of issues" I could have included in my earlier message to address your continually repeated request for more info.
    I am further confused by the most recent post "HTML FAQ (Updated 30th Jan)." It's not clear at all what the "update" is as it appears to be the same "info" as before and, just an FYI, includes all of the issues I am continuing to experience...so again, not clear what additional "input" is needed.

I believe more and more that this is simply a case of deflection; continue to ask for more and more info, without listening to the answers, so as to confound the membership to give up, and in that way the actual core of the problems will no longer need to be addressed. No doubt deflection is a valuable tool in saving GGS $$.
    ...Or maybe it's just me. During my working career I never did understand individuals who wasted more time avoiding work than actually doing it. I've never found deflection productive for anyone involved in the process.

Here again is the request that is currently being deflected:
    *** There is a need for GGS to resolve these issues directly with Apple as, from these Forum posts anyway, that is where the most obvious issues with HTML5 & GGS currently lay.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    We need this fixed up...

Move that gold star emblem to the right, center the progress bar with the Show me! button and get it cleaned up.

It doesn't hurt to take an extra 5 minutes to polish your code and get it just right.

It's all in the details, take pride in your work!!!

There's no such thing as "good enough"

MAGNETIX

My panel looks like this:

...Just joking. hehe :)
    I agree, with just a few minor adjustments the panel would look much better, and wouldn't have to stick out so far. ;)
    I hope this gets forwarded to the development team.   Thanks for your consideration.

this button shouldn't even be out by default, play area is restricted enough with the layout as it is, it should be a summon button that only pops out when you want it, it's not as tho were idiots and can't call up what we want
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    another annoying tho small change since the change over - when the product screen comes up to tell you your barns are full and you need to sell, the mouse cursor doesn't place into the product 'number' box as it used to, so now you have to click in the box, then sweep across the numbers to manually input what you want to sell - this used to be all one action, much quicker and neater, needs to be put back that way

same goes for the chat window, mouse doesn't appear in the chat box, you have to click on it to then start chatting

small things but irritating and is just another element that is slowing the game down in user actions

this could be simply remedied and would at least remove that element that is adding to the overall slow feel of the game

• aquilawolf (US1)aquilawolf (US1) US1 Posts: 104
      @PCA said In case no one mentioned this yet: 

mail box, 1st tab on the right, "ignored players":  the list looks empty. 

I checked with other players in my coop and they confirmed there are no names in their lists either

My ignored players list has also disappeared 
    At the moment there is someone else who wants to unblock me to talk with me  in private message and they cant Not sure whos end its not working on as i cannot see my list  but this feature is not working
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The Mod News Bulletin says:

""We are investigating the issues with the VF and memory problems in various browsers. 
    We have already made some improvements on our side but are still looking for the root cause and ways we can minimise or eliminate the issue. 

Keep giving us your feedback and let us know if you have some reproduction steps, our developers may be able to use the information to resolve the problems.

Thanks everyone!"

You can reproduce the problems, by switching to HTML too early, and with incredibly poor planning.......This works every time.

edited 01.02.2019
    The MOD News Bulletin also says:

"Well we have had the big switchover to HTML and for the vast majority of players it has been a positive experience  - Yay!!"

Could you please stop trying to "spin" us?  It WAS NOT a positive experience for the "vast majority" of players.  This is a flatly not true.  My inbox gets complaints every day.  This is not unique to my coop.  I am very willing to work with GGS on problems and issues.  BUT, I do not need to be told the sun is shining, when it is actually raining very hard.  We can tell the difference.  Statements like this do not help in any way, and only cause us to all wonder if the people at GGS have lost all grip on reality.  So please just be truthful with us, and we will work with you.
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
  • PicklePaws (FormerMod)PicklePaws (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 345
    edited 01.02.2019
      @PCA said In case no one mentioned this yet: 

mail box, 1st tab on the right, "ignored players":  the list looks empty. 

I checked with other players in my coop and they confirmed there are no names in their lists either

My ignored players list has also disappeared 
    At the moment there is someone else who wants to unblock me to talk with me  in private message and they cant Not sure whos end its not working on as i cannot see my list  but this feature is not working

This issue has been reported.  This is a display error, players previously added to the list still should not be able to message the player that blocked them.  

Edited to add more info | Pickle
  • mse (PL1) said:
    Hi!
    I am Paul from Poland.
    you can check how well browser works in HTML5  here: 
    https://html5test.com/

in general: the best browser for Bigfarm is Google Chrome or Chromium (my private opinion)
    Thank you, Paul.  Is 527 out of 555 a good score (Chrome browser score)? Because I'm still having trouble controlling the cursor and with visuals.  No missions or anything competitive until I figure this stuff out.
    The game made me refresh and said there was an update.  Was there an update?  Can someone at GGS pleases let us know this?  What changed?  There is no entry about this on the forum, that I can find.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    it is 8:30am est on Feb 1.

can anyone tell me if I am miss understanding the tweeter for today. there was a firework some time around 2am and there is only going to be 1 more for today.

Did I understand that correctly only 1 more for the whole day?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    it is 8:30am est on Feb 1.

can anyone tell me if I am miss understanding the tweeter for today. there was a firework some time around 2am and there is only going to be 1 more for today.

Did I understand that correctly only 1 more for the whole day?
    @stef7 (US1) They just tweeted (15 minutes ago) that there's a set coming "In the next hour" with 3 more before midnight (US1 server time).
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    The MOD News Bulletin also says:

"Well we have had the big switchover to HTML and for the vast majority of players it has been a positive experience  - Yay!!"

Could you please stop trying to "spin" us?  It WAS NOT a positive experience for the "vast majority" of players.  This is a flatly not true.  My inbox gets complaints every day.  This is not unique to my coop.  I am very willing to work with GGS on problems and issues.  BUT, I do not need to be told the sun is shining, when it is actually raining very hard.  We can tell the difference.  Statements like this do not help in any way, and only cause us to all wonder if the people at GGS have lost all grip on reality.  So please just be truthful with us, and we will work with you.
    You might aswell let this one slip - GGS/Stillfront creates this fantasyworld in honour of investors.
    In their prospect for new investors 2 months ago, they already claimed a successfull switchover....so, they need to keep up good appearance :)

No worries in our case, at least we know what we deal with...

• game is running a lot slower since the update
    The game made me refresh and said there was an update.  Was there an update?  Can someone at GGS pleases let us know this?  What changed?  There is no entry about this on the forum, that I can find.
    Is no one home at GGS?  Was there an update or not?  This is not a hard question.

About a year ago, GGS had a few months of absolutely terrible communication.  I thought that that was the low point.....that it could not get worse that.  I was so very wrong.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 01.02.2019
    Is no one home at GGS?  Was there an update or not?  This is not a hard question.

About a year ago, GGS had a few months of absolutely terrible communication.  I thought that that was the low point.....that it could not get worse that.  I was so very wrong.
    No, it's Friday Night at GGS. There's nobody home until Monday.

No, it's Friday Night at GGS. There's nobody home until Monday.

I know....but when i posted the first message, it was noon there.  So that is no excuse.  If they do an update, it should be posted with release notes.
  • Why is there no tab in the Trade center for runestone trading after ~24 hours of the new temp farm starting?
  • kitilark (US1)kitilark (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Why is there no tab in the Trade center for runestone trading after ~24 hours of the new temp farm starting?
    It's there. Second from  right of tabs.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Why is there no tab in the Trade center for runestone trading after ~24 hours of the new temp farm starting?
         @CoconutKevy (US1)  Like kitilark says, it's there.  ;)

• Why is there no tab in the Trade center for runestone trading after ~24 hours of the new temp farm starting?
    It's there. Second from  right of tabs.
    Thanks it wasn't there earlier for me.
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    i have a new bug. i cant send messages to noone. anytime i try to send a message appears YOU ARE IGNORING THIS PLAYER but thats not true. my ignoring list is empty. and this happens with everyone i try to send or reply to their messages from 2 days now. i can only send coop messages
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    i have a new bug. i cant send messages to noone. anytime i try to send a message appears YOU ARE IGNORING THIS PLAYER but thats not true. my ignoring list is empty. and this happens with everyone i try to send or reply to their messages from 2 days now. i can only send coop messages
    @amber3 (INT1)    Have you tried the usual fixes (clearing browser cache, trying a different browser) ???
    The Village Fair module just doesn't work under HTML. The clocks are never updated.  I am almost never able to tell if a booster is running or not.  One time, it said it was running.  I unloaded everything, only to refresh and find out that no booster was running at all, wasting all of my crops.  Perhaps the Village Fair is just too big of a piece of code for the HTML module to work.  I even tried it on my new i7 laptop (which has solid state hard drives......it is fast).  Nothing seems to help.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Lag sets in, too, and both my machines are extremely powerful and fast.  Plus, the end-of-challenge timers are off. 
    Sometimes, I can't get into the game at all.  This is atrocious, deplorable incompetence on the part of GGS.

No...they can't prevent every bug.  No one expects that.  But this roll-out was sloppy and poorly planned and we were left little notice.  There is a test server.  That could have been used.  But instead, they did this and then disappeared on us.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    Has anyone noticed that Omar's Big Farm Deals is offering stuff in the wrong language for the US Server?  Not sure which server he was supposed to show up on.  Maybe the English speaking Omar is on another server instead of the US server.  And this one does not show the pictures of the upcoming offer or the offer of the month.

He's frozen, too.
  • The Omar bug has been reported.
    The Omar bug has been reported.
    Poor Omar, frozen in time!  Thanks, P.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
Sign In to comment.