Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Viking / Northern Lights / Festive Farms!

Comments

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    edited 06.11.2017
    You don't get any snowdollars for starting the farm (maybe you did in the past, I don't know), that is why @Uncle John (GB1) said to upgrade the bank first!
    Just exchange dollars for snowdollars, wait the 2 hours for the bank to free up again and make sure you have enough snowdollars left to upgrade! Don't use the snowdollars to upgrade stuff you won't have money to  use,
    After that it will get easier. :)
  • Can someone tell me how many orchards do I need to built if I am trying to complete all chapters, I read from crazy big farm that I should not bother upgrading beyond level 3 but unlike fields where it specifies that at least 3 it does not say the minimum number of orchards I will require
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Thanks @grrr(NL1), will upgrade bank when current cash conversion is complete. Have been buying some of the cheaper plots of land with gold, also a house, but don't want to use any more gold. Set myself a limit of 1,000 gold so will have to go slow with it now.
  • elb (GB1)elb (GB1) GB1 Posts: 100
    you can do temp farms without gold. Concentrate on Bank and farmhouse first.
    Can you sell flax & tunics or do you have to keep them for anything?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 06.11.2017
    Can you sell flax & tunics or do you have to keep them for anything?
    You can sell them, but you'll need them.  Wait to sell the tunics when the side task asks you to for the rewards..  Flax you'll need.  When you start dismantling at the end, sell off your leftovers then.

elb (GB1) said:
    you can do temp farms without gold. Concentrate on Bank and farmhouse first.
    elg is right.  I never use gold.  Always make it through chpts. 2.2 which gives me enough seeds for fruit for the captain's ship until I do the next Viking Farm --  I usually am able to skip every 3rd one or so.
    P.S. The walkthrough on crazybigfarms is excellent.  It also shows where you need to buy the land for the hidden decos, and you will need those decos!
    Thanks everyone for your help, much appreciated :)
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    The old Larino's Corner website also has some general strategies......what you really need to build, what tasks you can skip, etc.  It's written for the Tropical Farm, but can be used for the Viking Farm too (penguins=peacocks, wood=mangos).  Here's the link:
    https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2015/01/23/how-to-complete-the-island-without-using-gold/

• I purchased a simple, snowy house from the Nordic barter for 500,000 runestones.  I see it in my Nordic barter inventory.  How do I build it?  It is not in my deco build  inventory nor is it a selection in my housing build inventory.  Everything else I purchased appeared in my deco build inventory, just not the house.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rogue Moon
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Did you look under the "themed buildings" tab? That's where my candy houses are :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 11.11.2017
    I purchased a simple, snowy house from the Nordic barter for 500,000 runestones.  I see it in my Nordic barter inventory.  How do I build it?  It is not in my deco build  inventory nor is it a selection in my housing build inventory.  Everything else I purchased appeared in my deco build inventory, just not the house.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rogue Moon
    As grrr said, you'll find your snowy house under the "Themed buildings" tab in your Inventory.  :)

• Thanks a bunch.  Never puchased a themed building before, did not even realize what the tab was for :blush:
    As someone who has always said that they would never play a temp farm, I was tempted this time and am playing the Viking farm.  I must say that I am enjoying it and have almost finished the first chapter but don't really want to do any more chapters.  What I would like to know is what do I do now with all the buildings etc ?  Also I have quite a bit of farm cash in the vault and wonder if it is better to build then dismantle deco's to get the runestones or do we keep the cash until next time. Do I keep producing tunics/tankards and sell them?  Sorry for so many questions, I have read CBF's very explanatory site but am still confused lol.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @bdreish (GB1) if you are not interested in playing past chapter 1, then keep producing things in your facilities and fields etc. you get more for a tunic than you do for the flax etc. Keep spending your cash, build deco's etc. then sell all your products and demolish everything before the event ends as you get to keep nothing, not even cash. If you haven't sold all before event ends, game will convert whatever you have to runestones. It is better you sell/demolish, you get a better return of runestones than if you let the game do it.
    Thank you @JVD(US1) , that is great.  I will start doing that now so I can buy special seeds for the greenhouse. I still have quite a lot in stock as I get them from the adventurers boat but you can never have too much :)
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Thank you @JVD(US1) , that is great.  I will start doing that now so I can buy special seeds for the greenhouse. I still have quite a lot in stock as I get them from the adventurers boat but you can never have too much :)
    If you can use the happy hour, it is best to wait until the end of the temp farm to get a 20-80% bonus on the runestones you receive when selling items.
    If you can use the happy hour, it is best to wait until the end of the temp farm to get a 20-80% bonus on the runestones you receive when selling items.

Oh that's a great tip - thanks :)
  • Hello - 

I hope it's okay if I put this comment here.

I like those island farms – Viking, Island farm, etc.  They are very creative and I don’t mean to slight anyone.  However I hate having to rebuild them every time.  Isn’t there a way we can just keep them (keep our progress) and build on it every time we get a chance to play them so we don’t have to start from scratch every time?   

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Hello - 

I hope it's okay if I put this comment here.

I like those island farms – Viking, Island farm, etc.  They are very creative and I don’t mean to slight anyone.  However I hate having to rebuild them every time.  Isn’t there a way we can just keep them (keep our progress) and build on it every time we get a chance to play them so we don’t have to start from scratch every time?   

No, otherwise we can't complete the chapters multiple times and we can't complete the hard work rewards multiple times.
  • Вифания (RU1)Вифания (RU1) RU1 Posts: 442
    edited 27.11.2017
    Hi guys!

I apologize if I made a mistake in the name of the temporary farm, I have a question.

Next Wednesday during the happy hours we get a bonus to getting rune stones, but the temporary farm ends on Wednesday afternoon (as it usually happens), and the maximum bonus we receive only in the evening.
    I want to ask the moderators, when this farm will end, in what time?
    Thanks for your time, Bethany

Post edited by Вифания (RU1) on
  • HappyEd1 (US1)HappyEd1 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    Yes, isn't it sort of cruel to give a wonderful booster that can not be used due to the completion of the Viking Farm??
    Yes, isn't it sort of cruel to give a wonderful booster that can not be used due to the completion of the Viking Farm??
    That's been happening ever since they introduced Happy Hour.  Very frustrating.  Somebody cannot take the time to look at a schedule, it seems.
  • Вифания (RU1)Вифания (RU1) RU1 Posts: 442
    edited 27.11.2017
    But they can extend the farm for one day, or for several hours to capture happy hours, as it was with a candy farm and then everything will be fine. Otherwise it's just a mockery. It's like their waving the most delicious candy in front of your nose and putting it back in their pocket.

• Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    It is pretty sad how the candy farm was extended for their convenience but this farm will end before being able to use the booster. 

You would think after they did it the first time they would have learned!!! Or maybe we are being punished.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Is it possible for someone on the GB1 server to have two temp farms?  Is this a bug? Something I can see when I go to visit that farm but that farmer really does not have a Candy Farm and a Viking Farm, but only the Viking Farm since that is the one that is up and still running now.  I looked at both temp farms and they seem well under development.  So I am confused.
  • Sadly, it will probably be extended just long enough so that those in the CEST time zone will be able to benefit. Those of us in the USA, are just sol
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Sadly, it will probably be extended just long enough so that those in the CEST time zone will be able to benefit. Those of us in the USA, are just sol
    Yes, that is Sorry-Outta-Luck! 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Sadly, it will probably be extended just long enough so that those in the CEST time zone will be able to benefit. Those of us in the USA, are just sol
    Yes, that is Sorry-Outta-Luck! 
    If they were to extend the farm, then people will kvetch that they demolished their farms too early, and what's GGS going to do to compensate them. GGS can't win for losing sometimes. :)

For the record, the daily bonuses are generated from a pool of active events at random on Sunday night.  It could have shown up on *Friday*, and then people would kvetch about a worthless bonus for an event that's not even running.  The randomization program obviously doesn't take into account that the event might end before the bonus can be used; that's something they need to fix.
Sign In to comment.