Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Viking / Northern Lights / Festive Farms!

Comments

• This time, the temporary farm will leave 3 hours earlier than last time. Why? Now we get only 1 bonus, not 2, I'm not even talking about 3. Someone will not get a bonus at all because of the difference in time zones, it's not fair. Why can not you put this bonus 2-3 days before the end of the temporary farm? Or increase the duration of the temporary farm, as it was before?
  • Connie999 (US1)Connie999 (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    The problem is that we (CMs & mods) do not get to see the boosters until the Monday & then it is too late to change them - We have asked that they not do the temp farm boosters on the last day, both because of the timezones & because a lot of players have demolished the farm by then. As this HH ends on Sunday & we do not yet know when it will return, we will try to get a better system of checking in place to stop it from happening again.  
    @WascallyWabbit
    So once again, Friday's booster in the US1 server is USELESS!  The island will end hours before the happy hour even starts.  40%, 80% and 160% are all useless and it would have changed alot of people's strategies to know that the happy hour was in fact going to make them happy.  I am disappointed in the lack of care that is still happening this island with happy hours. 

Where is that better system of checking in place?  It changed from a Wednesday to a Friday this time.  Always out of reach - that is a great system.  Sorry to be negative but I had thought that the peach orchard was in sight.

Can you please stop this from happening in the future?  
  • Honestly, I do not understand why such things like happy hours are not tied to each server separately, but instead they are tied to a single server and corresponding to the time zone of this particular server? In fact, we have  that all servers live on a single time zone, i mean all events are tied to one time zone, BUT the time on each server is their own and eventually these inconsistencies come out.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Even if the temp farm Happy Hour booster had shown up before the event ended, it would have appeared much too late to be of much use to a lot of people as many start dismantling their temp farms during the last two days.  It would be more helpful if temp. farm boosters could show up when there's at at least a week left.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    The temporary farm is too short.  It should either be 15 days longer, or half the construction time in order for players that do not spend real money to be able to use sheep wool or bananas in products.  I have way more than enough money but the long construction time and limited construction slots does not let me make products from berries or coconuts.  
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 29.12.2017
    Even if the temp farm Happy Hour booster had shown up before the event ended, it would have appeared much too late to be of much use to a lot of people as many start dismantling their temp farms during the last two days.  It would be more helpful if temp. farm boosters could show up when there's at at least a week left.
    I do not agree, normally you earn a large percentage of your runestones during the last week of the farm.  If the booster appears before then you can easily lose out on selling millions of runestones. I have only seen a few players demolish their farm completely before it ends, although it is not uncommon to see players demolish buildings that are no longer useful eg. stone mill, composter. If you demolish your farm before then, just keep the items in your inventory and sell them when the booster comes along.

The temporary farm is too short.  It should either be 15 days longer, or half the construction time in order for players that do not spend real money to be able to use sheep wool or bananas in products.  I have way more than enough money but the long construction time and limited construction slots does not let me make products from berries or coconuts.  
    You can build those things without gold, you need to upgrade the bank and farmhouse as fast as possible and then be reasonably active. Then you can build the entire farm without using any gold.
    I do not agree, normally you earn a large percentage of your runestones during the last week of the farm.  If the booster appears before then you can easily lose out on selling millions of runestones. I have only seen a few players demolish their farm completely before it ends, although it is not uncommon to see players demolish buildings that are no longer useful eg. stone mill, composter. If you demolish your farm before then, just keep the items in your inventory and sell them when the booster comes along.

You can build those things without gold, you need to upgrade the bank and farmhouse as fast as possible and then be reasonably active. Then you can build the entire farm without using any gold.
    The last week, certainly, the last couple of days, you don't.  You make more money if you dismantle the farms yourself, and that takes several days.  If the booster kicks in the last couple of days, it's worthless to some.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    The last week, certainly, the last couple of days, you don't.  You make more money if you dismantle the farms yourself, and that takes several days.  If the booster kicks in the last couple of days, it's worthless to some.
    I think it will depend on your farm design. Using the viking farm as an example, you can set up a farm with zero gold that will allow you to collect 285 mighty viking helmets per day which already gives 1,852,500 runestones. Demolishing a maxed out farm will earn less than 500,000 runestones which is far less than that.

I think we can agree that the booster will not make a difference to the amount of runestones players like you will earn, but it will make a dramatic difference with players like me who complete the full 3 chapters and produce items to the end. Also the booster will not be worthless to players like you, you will still have products to sell and having the runestone income booster come at the end of the temporary farm is better than not having it come at all.
  • Aren't there supposed to be some kind of fish ponds available to build?  I haven't played this farm in quite a while but I thought there were some ponds to "grow" fish.  I don't have any available to me in the Build section!  Does anyone else have this problem?
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 28.07.2018
    There is a pond in the coop village, you can upgrade it. The fish that fill the pond come from the recurring Goldfish Rescue event
    On the Viking farm fish come from the fields LOL
  • Ohhhhh.  haha!  Thank you so much.  I told you I hadn't played this farm in quite a while.  :)

Thanks again, MRG1.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    you grow sardines and herring on the fields - as soon as you start them, they appear flooded
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    ....... because to grow fish on the field is perfectly normal and just what anyone sane would expect..... seriously... where are devs getting those ideas fgs :lol:
    ....... because to grow fish on the field is perfectly normal and just what anyone sane would expect..... seriously... where are devs getting those ideas fgs :lol:
    Well, the world has gone to farm-raised fish, so maybe the devs were ahead of the curve.  :D
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Aren't there supposed to be some kind of fish ponds available to build?  I haven't played this farm in quite a while but I thought there were some ponds to "grow" fish.  I don't have any available to me in the Build section!  Does anyone else have this problem?
    @shazamd (US1) pointed out   https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3922663/#Comment_3922663

This may help http://crazybigfarm.tk/strategy/viking_farm_walkthrough.htm
  • Thanks, everyone.  I got it now.  "Growing" some herring right now.  :-)
  • My ship is still asking for melons and limes and other fruits associated with the candy farm, rather than switching to the cloudberries and such related to the viking/Northern farm, even though I started that farm a few days ago. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    My ship is still asking for melons and limes and other fruits associated with the candy farm, rather than switching to the cloudberries and such related to the viking/Northern farm, even though I started that farm a few days ago. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Yes. It has been reported several days ago. No eta for a fix, devs are looking into it.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    My ship is still asking for melons and limes and other fruits associated with the candy farm, rather than switching to the cloudberries and such related to the viking/Northern farm, even though I started that farm a few days ago. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Yes. It has been reported several days ago. No eta for a fix, devs are looking into it.
    still no fix for this.  
  • I have 520 winter fertilizer but the button is greyed out and it won't let me use it  same on all feed for animals and products for the workshop.
    Was working fine earlier today
    Have refreshed 3 times.  Anyone else with this issue?
  • Never mind, figured it out  had to transfer cash  sooooo blond
  • Weeb (US1)Weeb (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    My Viking farm has totally disappeared??
  • Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 26.08.2018
    That is how it works it is a temp farm only there for about a month. when it comes back you have to restart it
    My Viking farm has totally disappeared??

• bet (AU1)bet (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1
    that i cannot get more workers assigned when it clearly states upgrade to receive more workers this is not right, as there appears to be some sort of bug or something so could you please fix this issue thanks
    One need to have houses for the workers then you can assign them to the items that require workers to work.
    You may want to forget about it for this temp farm as it is going to end soon.
  • bet (AU1)bet (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1
    sorry for the laste post Date King I thank you for th e advice
  • Has anyone seen books on a temporary farm at a discount? I have been waiting for three months and have not seen a single book on the winter farm.
    Has anyone seen books on a temporary farm at a discount? I have been waiting for three months and have not seen a single book on the winter farm.
    Where you around for the Christmas sales? They put a lot of "books" on sale during that time.

You just may have missed the sale on the books you where looking 4 ;)
  • Has anyone seen books on a temporary farm at a discount? I have been waiting for three months and have not seen a single book on the winter farm.
    Where you around for the Christmas sales? They put a lot of "books" on sale during that time.

You just may have missed the sale on the books you where looking 4 ;)
    I was in the game a lot. There have never been Books on a winter farm.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    the temp farms books come up on the Prime Sale popups, so you just have to keep checking them.  Perhaps the NL books will show up now that that farm is open
Sign In to comment.