Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Useless Rewards

I counted at least four rewards for the co-op championship that are useless:   WWC points.  They don't go into our inventory.  Is it too difficult to switch those out for a real reward?

Comments

• archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    I'd love it if they gave us GML's from the chests only as the reward for events... but alas this game is to make them money not make the game easier for us.

I know in other games I play there are options to do survey's or watch video's to earn credits/gold, if GGS had something like this that was reliable I'd use it.

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    They did try the video's thing but it was hideously unreliable and repetative so they discontinued it thakfully (and the rewards they eventually offered were dreadfully poor)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 05.02.2018
    Just ignore them.  The rewards are the same with them or without them, they're just stuffed in between 2 rewards that used to have nothing between them.

For instance, they might have had a reward for 1,000,000 RP and 1,500,000 RP, then they stuffed in an "extra" WWC Points Reward at 1,250,000 for the WWC.

So if they take them back out (like they did before the last WWC started), you're not gaining anything - and then they have to remember to put them BACK before the next WWC starts (which they forgot to do last time).

Best to just leave them there and ignore them.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    They did try the video's thing but it was hideously unreliable and repetative so they discontinued it thakfully (and the rewards they eventually offered were dreadfully poor)
    OH yea, I remember that.   Got some gold from it but only rarely.  Most of the time they flat out didn't work.  OR they would play the same repetitive commercial over and over…. 
    So glad they let that idea go.   
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I liked the first version of the videos -- wayyyyyy back when.  There was a scroll bar at the top that let you choose your prizes among five or so, and it was extremely easy to earn 500 gold a day.  The second version of the videos did not work for me -- always caught in an endless loop of the same commercial, like you said artmaker, and often no prize at the end because the commercial wouldn't end completely.
  • Why can't I move on without excepting a reward, I don't want either of the rewards offered, I thought very creepy! I tried logging out and back in and the stupid pop up comes right up, and will not allow me to move on without clicking on The infamous "I want it" tab! But I don't want it. And I like a little control over what I except and don't except, do I need to quit this game because I feel like I don't have anymore control then that?

• Oh yea, the title was "Choose your reward"

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Roseofsharon (US1) yes, you need to accept one of the awards to move on... sell it, delete it, give to Greta whatever, but you are stuck with accepting something... it is the way it works.
    In the Valentine Hunt, one of the rewards is Breeding Corn. Whoever thought this was a reward does not know the game -- if you grow corn at all, you are up to your ears in Breeding Corn.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    In the Valentine Hunt, one of the rewards is Breeding Corn. Whoever thought this was a reward does not know the game -- if you grow corn at all, you are up to your ears in Breeding Corn.
    Add to that one more top notch reward of 50k dollars right next to it, might be useful for lower level players but not for people above level 50  :| .
  • Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    JUST now realized that unless you are part of a Co-op, there is no way to ever win any of the search events...ie balloons. You need 315 balloons to collect the prize. If you find every single balloon every day for 9 days, you'll have only collected 243 balloons...without the Co-op farm.

I am currently co-op-less due to both the HTML5 debacle (GGS-induced game issues=>unable to participate to a level that would be helpful to a co-op) and Hubby-health related issues. 

So sad that I am forced to drop yet MORE events either due to inaccessibility or unrealistic requirements making it impossible to be successful without spending vast amounts of gold.  

I kind of enjoyed searching for items on my farms...a mindless, get-away, with a very simple reward. ; )

The HWE's are pretty much the only event worth doing any longer & of those the FHWE is the only one that I have a remote chance of completing....esp with the 2AM event start times now locked in for my US time zone.
    Because it's actually working, I anticipate another "Hot Mess"..oops, I mean "Hot Fix" that will destroy the FHWE as well....time will tell (but on BF, these things always seem to come to fruition) : (
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    JUST now realized that unless you are part of a Co-op, there is no way to ever win any of the search events...ie balloons. You need 315 balloons to collect the prize. If you find every single balloon every day for 9 days, you'll have only collected 243 balloons...without the Co-op farm.

I am currently co-op-less due to both the HTML5 debacle (GGS-induced game issues=>unable to participate to a level that would be helpful to a co-op) and Hubby-health related issues. 

So sad that I am forced to drop yet MORE events either due to inaccessibility or unrealistic requirements making it impossible to be successful without spending vast amounts of gold.  

I kind of enjoyed searching for items on my farms...a mindless, get-away, with a very simple reward. ; )

The HWE's are pretty much the only event worth doing any longer & of those the FHWE is the only one that I have a remote chance of completing....esp with the 2AM event start times now locked in for my US time zone.
    Because it's actually working, I anticipate another "Hot Mess"..oops, I mean "Hot Fix" that will destroy the FHWE as well....time will tell (but on BF, these things always seem to come to fruition) : (

You are still able to visit the co-op village to search for balloons.  Go to world map and click on co-op village. I was able to do searches in the co-op village when I wasn't a member of a co-op. I'm assuming it hasn't changed.
  • JUST now realized that unless you are part of a Co-op, there is no way to ever win any of the search events...ie balloons. You need 315 balloons to collect the prize. If you find every single balloon every day for 9 days, you'll have only collected 243 balloons...without the Co-op farm.

Cedar, join Shangrila Farms. No pressure coop. That is where is sent my US farm when I left 4S due to health problems. 
  • I Think you can go to the coop area even without a coop

As the others have posted, you do not need to be in a coop to search the Village. Having said that, you'd be more than welcome to join Hearts of Gold -- we leave you alone to farm your way -- no participation or donations required. It's like not being in a coop, but still enjoying some of the benefits coop membership can provide. Link to description is at the bottom of my signature.
    edited 06.02.2019
    WOW !!!  : D
    TY ALL so much for your kind offers to join your co-ops!!  I so appreciate your thoughtfulness!!
    Unfortunately, I am a HUGE stickler for personal responsibility and, IF I were to belong to a co-op, I would be obligated to attempt to be active & participate in any & all ways possible to hold up my end. Given life's current circumstances, that time commitment is not possible right now. 

***The FACT that this HTML5 SNAFU is SUCH a massive nightmare and making farming virtually impossible 60-80% of the time, only adds to the stress in my life.  LOL...so much for gaming as a release from RL.  ; )

IF I ever do return to co-op life (@ this point it is even doubtful how long I'll last on BF at all) I would be returning to my "Home" @ Four Seasons (if they'll have me).    ; )

FYI:  The Co-op Village Icon is not available on my menu bar and therefore I have no access whatsoever to collect balloons or any other search items.  Yet another wonderful "upgrade", courtesy of GGS...Yay!  : /

Again, Thanks for your kindness!

**OOPS!!!   I CAN get to the Village by clicking on the World map!!
    TY, Val C !!!  I would NEVER have tried that as you'd think it should be available with all the other farms on the right menu bar.
    Wow... You've made my day!! TY, TY, TY !!
    Now (if my GGS connections & my tolerance for the usual HTML5 frustration hold out) I may be able to finish an actual event.  Happy, Happy!
    WOW !!!  : D
    TY ALL so much for your kind offers to join your co-ops!!  I so appreciate your thoughtfulness!!
    Unfortunately, I am a HUGE stickler for personal responsibility and, IF I were to belong to a co-op, I would be obligated to attempt to be active & participate in any & all ways possible to hold up my end. Given life's current circumstances, that time commitment is not possible right now. 

***The FACT that this HTML5 SNAFU is SUCH a massive nightmare and making farming virtually impossible 60-80% of the time, only adds to the stress in my life.  LOL...so much for gaming as a release from RL.  ; )

IF I ever do return to co-op life (@ this point it is even doubtful how long I'll last on BF at all) I would be returning to my "Home" @ Four Seasons (if they'll have me).    ; )

FYI:  The Co-op Village Icon is not available on my menu bar and therefore I have no access whatsoever to collect balloons or any other search items.  Yet another wonderful "upgrade", courtesy of GGS...Yay!  : /

Again, Thanks for your kindness!

**OOPS!!!   I CAN get to the Village by clicking on the World map!!
    TY, Val C !!!  I would NEVER have tried that as you'd think it should be available with all the other farms on the right menu bar.
    Wow... You've made my day!! TY, TY, TY !!
    Now (if my GGS connections & my tolerance for the usual HTML5 frustration hold out) I may be able to finish an actual event.  Happy, Happy!
    Oh, you didn't read our description .... you don't have to be active or participate in anything. In fact, most of our members don't. We're just a loose group of individuals who really don't want to be in a coop. We don't do events, although some individual members might do them on their own. Everyone just happily does their own thing but knows that someone is always there if they have a question, or need some sparkles to boost their yield.. I've never heard a peep from about half the members -- LOL! If you change your mind, the door is always open. If we're not your cup of tea, no worries.
    Hahaha!!  Thanks, Artful ; D
    I understood what you said.  The "requirement" to actively participate in any co-op where I hold membership is completely self-imposed out of a sense of personal responsibility. I'm weird like that. lol
    If I'm part of a group, I part of it's workings. I can't step back and be inactive...not in my DNA   ; )
    Real Life has too many demands right now & to belong to any Co-op is just too much of a distraction / temptation for me.

***Actually, this HTML debacle has probably been a blessing; the shear frustration of dealing with all of the glitches, bugs, lags, disconnects, etc., ( with absolutely no hope for improvement even in the remote future) has lead me to make the break from Co-op life & has cut my farming time by 60% +. I was spending far too much time & MONEY on BF. 
    Thank you, GGS... I appreciate your assistance in helping me make this drastic cut in my BF spending!   :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file