Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock & Other Suggestions to Prevent Accidental Gold Spending ☯️

Comments

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 17.08.2018
    A gold lock will never happen players have been asking for this for years.

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I got an email from GGS.  Some players using  Chrome may have an accidental gold lock because they can't buy it. B)  If you can't buy it, you can't lose it. Mine unfortunately seems to be working fine but if ever it didn't  I would leave it has it was   B)
  • tasnim bushra (INT1)tasnim bushra (INT1) INT1 Posts: 53
    edited 18.10.2018
    its really very sad for us when we spend our gold accidently...i have lost my 6k gold mistakenly...
    so your suggestion is just awesome...
     <3  <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Proud leader of bangal 
    INT1
  • I've been keeping my level of gold low so I don't spend a whole bunch when I accidentally click something, but that makes it difficult to buy the stuff I really want with the gold like handbook upgrades.
  • o my word PLEASE GGS, what is the meaning of taking the twins away, cuz u said the farmers hate the pranks!!!!
    But instead we get Tanuki pranks, i am dead sure u are confusing allot of farmers!!! Where is the common sense in this!!!!
    Even a 5 year old child will tell u....... u have totally lost it!!! 2nd i am so upset with ur pop up's that appears while u busy , harvesting and walla poef gone 4,000 gold. Can u please make an effort, and bring the option in, like the same way u ask are u sure u wanna demolish this!! Why can;t u do it when u accidently click on something and its costing gold, now there is no option 4 that, and we work hard 2 earn our gold. Some farmers can't afford 2 buy gold, they have 2 work hard 2 earn it. So please this is suppose 2 be a fair game, but up 2 now, i can't see the fairness in this game!!! Its rather heartbroken instead. I am so sick 2 loose my precious gold in stuff that i don't want, and who the heck wanna buy stupid decos, which is so expensive with their hard earned gold!! Stop discussing things, rather make an effort and fix stuff please!!!! That way we will all be happy farmers!!!
    6 years now i am begging 4 u 2 make this happening!!! WE NEED THAT OPTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SAD  farmer 
    Tinkerbel
  • WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    @Tinkerbel (INT1)

Tanuki is not a player, but an in game character and its pranks can be easily removed by finding him. When you see his prank, just look at the surrounding of a farm (he is easy to note as he wears a red had) and he will give you a small gift (a boost, a collectables for golden week event and if you are lucky, even gold). Many players like its pranks because of ability to win some gold in a cheap and easy way. And he is around only when golden week event is on.

About lost gold and gold lock: please report all such accidents to support. Even if you do not get your gold back, they will at least figure it out that it is a big issue and make gold lock find a faster way into the game. It is on a to do list for now.

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    WiseWing said:
    @Tinkerbel (INT1)

Tanuki is not a player, but an in game character and its pranks can be easily removed by finding him. When you see his prank, just look at the surrounding of a farm (he is easy to note as he wears a red had) and he will give you a small gift (a boost, a collectables for golden week event and if you are lucky, even gold). Many players like its pranks because of ability to win some gold in a cheap and easy way. And he is around only when golden week event is on.

About lost gold and gold lock: please report all such accidents to support. Even if you do not get your gold back, they will at least figure it out that it is a big issue and make gold lock find a faster way into the game. It is on a to do list for now.

Tanuki gives pranks as gifts in the storage for sparks.  He gave pranks that were 50% loss of whatever building, stable, field, etc that any other player played on it.  There was no way to repair it, it was automatic loss of what you had going which was pranked by the offending player.  Tanuki is easy to fix, but not his pranks that were given as gifts in inventory.  I should know, I was being harassed by another player with those pranks.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    WiseWing said:
    @Tinkerbel (INT1)

That's how it was supposed to be, WW, but he also has "gifted" us with pranks that are supposed to used on other players. 
  • I think we're wasting our breath here...  Many other games have a confirmation window pop up.  I think they like accidental spending of gold so that you'll buy more.

If this wasn't the case, then how come the mills pop up a confirmation window when you're about to grind more feed than you have for storage?

Things that make you go HMMMM....

MAGNETIX

• Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    edited 31.01.2019
    We are never gonna get an option called gold lock. This suggestion had been made  years ago  and still not much importance has been given to this by the team. We know that this is second on your list, but seems like it's a homework not done for ages.  There are many players who are losing interest in this game because of their accidental loss of their hard earned gold.  :pensive::disappointed: If you guys could just take an initiative to develop something like this soon(soon does not mean 4 years but 1-2 months) .
    Post edited by Jesse123 (INT1) on
  • Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    I think we're wasting our breath here...  Many other games have a confirmation window pop up.  I think they like accidental spending of gold so that you'll buy more.

No doubt. Why would they keep us waiting like this then. *sigh*
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    GGS makes tremendous amount of gold, by not implementing a Gold Lock - daily I talk to players who looses their gold that way - misclick or other errors.

GGS knows that - and must have made a decision, that they make more dollars by doing nothing. Sad, but that gotta be the case, since nothing happens :-1:
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I've said it before, i'm going to say it again, i'm so not in favor of a gold lock. I'm in favor of a gold bank where you can allocate how ever much gold you want to spend. BUT to have a popup everytime i push something is just going to be time consuming and annoying especially during missions.  Put a lock on the popups don't put a lock on every darn thing we push with gold its going to cause big problems.  I've been told that there is something like a gold bank on the mobile version that works wonders.  Please, put this in place instead.  Just like the rest of you I have accidentally spent gold and I know just how frustrating it is. But adding another annoying popup to this game is not the answer. 
    My original idea for a gold lock means when you log in NOTHING is changed.  YOU have the option to click one little lock icon somewhere locking up all your gold.  Then if you go to buy something that needs gold you get ONE pop up asking you if you want to unlock your gold.  Until you lock it again the game is as it is now.

This is NOT a pop up every time you want to spend.  Just one to lock it, and when you spent on the first thing, one click to unlock it.  Unless and until you lock it up again.  

Easy peasy.

If they ever get around to this great.  Until they do, my gold (or credit card) is nowhere near my computer.
  • Would you purchase gold protection?
    GGS makes tremendous amount of gold, by not implementing a Gold Lock - daily I talk to players who looses their gold that way - misclick or other errors.

GGS knows that - and must have made a decision, that they make more dollars by doing nothing. Sad, but that gotta be the case, since nothing happens :-1:
    As stated many times over gold losses that are replenished with real world funds is profit making for GGS, so perhaps a creative compromise is the answer.

Is there anything a player would be willing to buy, with real money,  to received protection against accidental gold losses? A gold lock subscription, a bank vault to store / manage your gold,  pop up confirmation, pop up with a time delay to respond?

Just brainstorming so ideas may be rubbish. . .

@rie22 (US1) I've played a lot of games that utilize a simple confirmation button, much like they do here when you go to demolish something -- "are you sure you want to?" Takes a mere 2 seconds. Can't really see how that could slow it down for you that much unless you are spending gold every 3 minutes.

Would you purchase gold protection?

As stated many times over gold losses that are replenished with real world funds is profit making for GGS, so perhaps a creative compromise is the answer.

Is there anything a player would be willing to buy, with real money,  to received protection against accidental gold losses? A gold lock subscription, a bank vault to store / manage your gold,  pop up confirmation, pop up with a time delay to respond?

Just brainstorming so ideas may be rubbish. . .

I personally wouldn't purchase gold protection. Why should we have to? Other games have a confirmation button that is easy to use and protects against accidents.  GGS should have implemented this Day One.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 18.01.2019
    @rie22 (US1) I've played a lot of games that utilize a simple confirmation button, much like they do here when you go to demolish something -- "are you sure you want to?" Takes a mere 2 seconds. Can't really see how that could slow it down for you that much unless you are spending gold every 3 minutes.
    They can have an option to put in a certain amount of gold. The confirmation pop up will appear when the gold price will be that or higher. For example, if you skip the windmill a lot for feed missions, then you can put it at 20 gold. Then it won't slow you down in feed missions and it will still help protect your gold. Players who want a confirmation pop up for everything will have it set at something like 1. And of course this amount can be changed in the settings whenever it is desired by the player.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    You know GGS, this is directed right at you.  There is absolutely NO EXCUSE worthy of you not adding a gold lock.  Once again I have now lost all my gold to an accidental click.  And Guess What?  It wasn't even my doing!!!!  Nope that stupid cursor caught the expansion and took my gold.  I didn't click it, I didn't ask for it, but my gold is now gone.  I waited for so long not to use gold, not to use my gold certs in the mine.  I decided it was time to start building up my gold again so I could do some upgrades to things such as water towers.  Now, my hard worked on gold is gone, and to what?  A new expansion I did not want?   I want my gold back and I want that lock I have been asking for many times.  I have about had it with this game.  I cannot buy gold because of your refusal to add just this one thing that would allow me to purchase gold with a sigh of relief knowing I won't lose it again.  Again GGS, "I WANT MY GOLD BACK!" for the new expansion on my GF I did not want, or need at this time. 
    Okay, once again, livid. For a long, long time, I've been monitoring my gold like a person obsessed. Even taking screen shots every time there is a change, up or down. (I know, right?)  Logged out early this after noon. Noted how much I had. Logged back in a few minutes ago and I'm down 2,000. Hadn't clicked on anything, just logged on. Really hard to justify them asking us to buy gold every 5 minutes when things like this continue to happen.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Okay, once again, livid. For a long, long time, I've been monitoring my gold like a person obsessed. Even taking screen shots every time there is a change, up or down. (I know, right?)  Logged out early this after noon. Noted how much I had. Logged back in a few minutes ago and I'm down 2,000. Hadn't clicked on anything, just logged on. Really hard to justify them asking us to buy gold every 5 minutes when things like this continue to happen.
    2,000 gold even sounds like a maybe GML was started on maybe something was renamed?
    2,000 gold even sounds like a maybe GML was started on maybe something was renamed?
    Nope. Didn't start a GML. I took a screen shot right before logging off because I had just collected from the mine. Didn't do a thing after that except log in, looked at the total, and started seeing red. And I honestly don't see how anyone could rename something without knowing about it -- LOL!  Haven't named anything in quite some time. Maybe one of those pop ups at the start got me.  I am one of those players who wants to buy gold, but when things like this happen, I feel justified in keeping my wallet shut.
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    @artful (US1) is it possible that you took your screenshot after collecting from the mine as you said, and then restarted the mine before logging off?
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Now we are onboard on the Html5 completely where and when the gold lock is going to be implemented
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I am so glad I never bought gold and would also be livid if my hard earned, saved gold just disappeared.  It takes a long time to save up to upgrade those "gold only" items! I really feel bad for you guys. This gold lock is SUCH a simple fix and yet, they don't see fit to implement it!
    Well, this is interesting. A few days ago I was in a chat with some players, and a few mentioned that the same thing had happened to them on the same day. Each lost exactly 2,000 gold, and all are very careful players who are absolutely sure they hadn't clicked on anything. Not going to try to track it down, but a gold lock might have let us know if gold was about to be spent. If it was due to a brief leak, though, a lock may not have helped.
  • Time and time again we have all complained about pop-ups appearing and in our haste to harvest something during a mission we spend gold purchasing something not needed and/or not wanted. Some of us cannot afford to waste gold on these items. Given GGS are welll aware of our thoughts on this matter and have not rectified this issue it is bordering in obtaining funds by deception as we have to somehow replace the gold spent by purchasing more gold ( if we can afford it). If a gold lock was in place then would not make a mistake. If i want to see what the special offers/hits etc at the top of the screen are i will open it ,,,, i do not need to have it in my face each time a new one exists.
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    There are way too many pop ups,  gold offers, special buys, and that new splash screen on log in.   All of which lag the game and make it frustrating to play the game.  Most Co ops already have project screens popping up sometimes very frequently, and when you add in the prizes won in CC and other events.. YOU can click-click-click to clear your screen over and over again.  Which leads me to the next issue. with the new subscription availabilities, the auto harvester, and "Re-seeder"..   if you don't watch that re-seeder you can go through 1000's of gold coins with each click....   WE need the Gold Lock !  
  • WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    The gold lock is on its way
  • Well it's a wise choice to address this issue...  Being a leader that recruits new players, there have been many times when a player has rage quit because of accidental pressing of a gold button.  They never return.  So it's better to have something to stop the madness or the population of the game will die.  But a simple confirmation window from the very start would have been the most intelligent thing that could have been done,

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I know a lot of people blow past the news screen on login, so I wanted to post these 2 items that are in todays news screen. :)

*Cheers*

Thank you GGS!
This discussion has been closed.